Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,088 members, 7,818,264 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:26 AM

Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk - Health (221) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk (8149104 Views)

Birth Defects: Are You Pregnant Or Planning To? What You Need To Know! (pics) / Can I Still Get Pregnant Or Do I Remove The Fibroid / Revealed: The Secret Fertility System That Cures Infertility & Get You Pregnant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (218) (219) (220) (221) (222) (223) (224) ... (6956) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by mytestimony: 7:47pm On Aug 20, 2014
@Moms please I need help. What do I do about this constant heartburn especially at night. It keeps me from sleeping
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Dunni29(f): 7:58pm On Aug 20, 2014
Try to avoid eating oily and spiced foods in d evening and make sure u take dinner before 8pm or at least 2hrs before bedtime. Sorry about d heartburn.
Drinking lots of cool water helps too
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Dunni29(f): 8:00pm On Aug 20, 2014
Also sleep in an elevated position. Put pillows to raise your head above the stomach level
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by mytestimony: 8:28pm On Aug 20, 2014
Dunni29 thanks alot. Whether I eat food without oil or pepper I get the heartburn. Thanks though
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by lovinam: 8:37pm On Aug 20, 2014
Are u sure u are not my twin? Lol.
Nothing much u can do o. You can't keep medicating sef. I cry tire wen d experience was something else. I also discovered this thread and had d fun of my preg state. Welldone. E go soon pass
mytestimony: Dunni29 thanks alot. Whether I eat food without oil or pepper I get the heartburn. Thanks though
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 8:39pm On Aug 20, 2014
Can a talking child ever be to young to pray?
Does God consider our age before granting our petitions?
Why do you have the impression that your child/ward is too small to pick-up those minor religious doctrines?
Even the HOLY BOOKS encourage child-God relationships; so why feel reluctant to teach and guide your child in the way of God?
Last week,a friend of mine(and her kids) visited and spent few days with my family(due to some unfortunate reasons). The next morning,precisely 5:30am I woke everybody including my friend and her kids for morning devotion; my kids though giddy,co-operated impressively in their own way(perhaps, because its our usual routine) but my friend's acted as though they were fed "soured sleeping portion" the previous night.....waking them up was like lifting a wet bag of cement to waist length...I was even tempted to go ahead with the prayers without them but something within me insists I carry em along.... I had to call their mum who was struggling to make her eyes open and stay opened to come wake them the way she does because I've exhaust all earthly "waking-tactics".
Well, after the drama, we prayed and they all almost immediately went back to bed,grumbling and muttering.
The few days they spent with me, I came to realize that her kids are apathetic in religious activities but very lively,enthusiastic in other activities(sure! Most kids do). Even her 7yr old cannot boldly recite the "our father" "hail mary" etc as a catholic, which is very bad!
I devoted my free-time to teach them(including my kids who already knew) few catholic/christain doctrines...and they picked-up faster than I thought; they were even happy to learn.
*Story cut short*... I spoke with my friend about the issue and urged her to include it in their schedules..

So mamas, to be concise... I urge u guys to emphasize more on religious matters. Being a parent comes with vast responsibilities which giving your child/ward a good moral standard is the utmost of them all.
God never gave me a sound spiritual father but he indeed give me a godly,sweet mother with reputable moral standard.... Pls and pls buckle-up in ya spiritual life and be hyper-serious in teaching your kid the ways of the Lord.
Kids love stories,good stories, tell them bible/quaran stories...they'll love it. Teach them songs of praises to God. Make them love and enjoy anything concerning God; though it mayn't be easy but always remember "teach a child the right way to behave;and he'll NEVER depart from it, not even when he gets old".

I pray God help us all in our endeavors.
Wish ya'll a peaceful night...
Remain blessed.

9 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by mytestimony: 8:42pm On Aug 20, 2014
lovinam: Are u sure u are not my twin? Lol.
Nothing much u can do o. You can't keep medicating sef. I cry tire wen d experience was something else. I also discovered this thread and had d fun of my preg state. Welldone. E go soon pass

Hmmmmm. The thing eh sometimes I feel like crying. Is gestid safe? Cos even normally before I took in gedtid was my companion
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by lovinam: 8:45pm On Aug 20, 2014
My doc says ok but not to take often. Pls I chose to suffer than take meds o. All dem meds de get small small side effect
mytestimony:

Hmmmmm. The thing eh sometimes I feel like crying. Is gestid safe? Cos even normally before I took in gedtid was my companion
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 8:46pm On Aug 20, 2014
Lovinam opeoluwa2 otses everybody wey dey here... Lynda dey greet ooo. Hope ya'll cool

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by mytestimony: 8:59pm On Aug 20, 2014
I have been enduring for a while now oh. Ah pregnancy things. Not easy

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by iyaibeji2(f): 9:11pm On Aug 20, 2014
mytestimony: @Moms please I need help. What do I do about this constant heartburn especially at night. It keeps me from sleeping

You can try sitting upright for as long as 3hrs after eating, before you lie or tilt to rest on your back.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Besea(f): 9:14pm On Aug 20, 2014
mytestimony:

Congratulations! !!! Our more experienced mamas would answer you soon
Thank u.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by mytestimony: 9:19pm On Aug 20, 2014
iyaibeji2:

You can try sitting upright for as long as 3hrs after eating, before you lie or tilt to rest on your back.

Iyabeji2 I ate around 5. Till now I have not tilted. Just because of the heartburn. I started sipping water an hour later to be calming the burn.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Besea(f): 9:22pm On Aug 20, 2014
dhabeautyjas:

welcome on board, its advisable to wait till 24 weeks so u will be sure to see it. but if you baby na shakara, no matter how many times you check, baby will hide its kinikan. did like 3 scans before she agreed to show me herself then
Lol. Thank u. Yayyyyy! #teamdecember beibe. Thanx everyone, I'm getting a sense of belonging hia. Been feeling alone as i don't rily hv many married friends and my mum doesnt live in the same state with me.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by bestie101: 11:23pm On Aug 20, 2014
mytestimony: @Bestie101 at week what did you find out that you were carrying twins? What kind of scan did you do. My dear rock your baby bump. How is it going with the MS
I was 5weeks 3 days when I found out. I took normal ultrasound scan.. I hate transvaginal and would never try it.. I was having serious cramps and when I got to the scan the doc told me "you are pregnant.. and it seems you are having twins" my eyes almost popped out of their sockets.. but then he showed me two sacs with no baby in it yet and asked me to come back by week seven. but I went back at week 8 and there they were in different placentas with nice heartbeats. but the doc told me they are non-identical that's why it was easier to find out about the twins. but that if they were identical they would find out at 8 to 10 weeks. cos they would be in the same sac and might be hiding behind one another.. he said it might even take longer to find as one of his patients twins were discovered when they tried to listen to the baby's heartbeat and heard double sounds.. like 4 months Preggy. but she took a scan just once at 6 weeks to confirm pregnancy and one sac was seen.

my MS is better now.
sorry eh I talk a lot... type a lot too

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by vickilafab(f): 3:26am On Aug 21, 2014
Bestie101 alias mama ibeji grin
Wow! I just loooove twins.. Double congrats.
May u carry to term with supernatural delivery of ur bundles of joy.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by mytestimony: 7:28am On Aug 21, 2014
@Bestie101 can you imagine. At week 6 my doctor said I should come for a scan. Though his own is TVS. I hate travelling. Meanwhile the day I clocked 6 weeks symptoms started in full. So I told him I cant travel o. Sha as doctors are on strike I registered in a private clinic. To cut the long strong short when I went there the nurses asked how far gone and I said 6 weeks they said its just MS and I should endure and that it is too early for scan. Sha finally I saw the doctor he did a scan and said I should come back in a week. I was heart broken. Plus I wanted a TVS o cos I was used to it already. The next week I went and he saw a sac. He asked me to come much later o for confirmation. He was saying anything can happen. Huou can see one sac now and another much later. Or two in a sac. He was concerned because my MS was excessive o. Me too don type plenty. Lol
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by bestie101: 8:02am On Aug 21, 2014
mytestimony: @Bestie101 can you imagine. At week 6 my doctor said I should come for a scan. Though his own is TVS. I hate travelling. Meanwhile the day I clocked 6 weeks symptoms started in full. So I told him I cant travel o. Sha as doctors are on strike I registered in a private clinic. To cut the long strong short when I went there the nurses asked how far gone and I said 6 weeks they said its just MS and I should endure and that it is too early for scan. Sha finally I saw the doctor he did a scan and said I should come back in a week. I was heart broken. Plus I wanted a TVS o cos I was used to it already. The next week I went and he saw a sac. He asked me to come much later o for confirmation. He was saying anything can happen. Huou can see one sac now and another much later. Or two in a sac. He was concerned because my MS was excessive o. Me too don type plenty. Lol

yes... at six weeks only a sac would be seen cos its too early to see a baby. but by 8 to 9 weeks you should be able to see a tiny blob in the sac.
if you are having non identical twins.. there would be two sacs.. meaning two placentas with a baby each when they grow older. if you are having identical twins, u will have one sac which is one placenta which means Ur babies will grow in the same placenta.

if you are having one sac then u have to chill well for the baby to grow. and you will need like two scans to confirm if you are carrying one or two, cos sometimes babies in the same sac hide or stay behind one another. so chill till you are about 8 or 9 weeks to see the babies.. by then they would be very visible
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by bestie101: 8:06am On Aug 21, 2014
vickilafab: Bestie101 alias mama ibeji grin
Wow! I just loooove twins.. Double congrats.
May u carry to term with supernatural delivery of ur bundles of joy.

thank you very much. amen
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by mytestimony: 8:21am On Aug 21, 2014
[quote author=bestie101]

yes... at six weeks only a sac would be seen cos its too early to see a baby. but by 8 to 9 weeks you should be able to see a tiny blob in the sac.
if you are having non identical twins.. there would be two sacs.. meaning two placentas with a baby each when they grow older. if you are having identical twins, u will have one sac which is one placenta which means Ur babies will grow in the same placenta.

if you are having one sac then u have to chill well for the baby to grow. and you will need like two scans to confirm if you are carrying one or two, cos sometimes babies in the same sac hide or stay behind one another. so chill till you are about 8 or 9 weeks to see the babies.. by then they would be very visible[/quote

My last scan was at week 7. Will be 10 weeks tomorrow. Sha would see doctor in two weeks. Did your doctor advice vaginal cerclage?
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by bestie101: 9:31am On Aug 21, 2014
[quote author=mytestimony][/quote]

no not at all.. I had to Google that word sef and couldn't read further cos the thing sounds and looks scary.

did ur doc advice it for u?
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by sayoberry(f): 9:41am On Aug 21, 2014
*sigh* had to re register.... oya stand up for the welcome song..

3 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by mytestimony: 9:45am On Aug 21, 2014
[quote author=bestie101]

no not at all.. I had to Google that word sef and couldn't read further cos the thing sounds and looks scary.

did ur doc advice it for u? [/quote

Someone who strongly believes I am carrying more than one (lol) asked me to talk to my doctor about it. My sister it sounds scary joor.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Otses(f): 10:41am On Aug 21, 2014
LyndaRoyce: Lovinam opeoluwa2 otses everybody wey dey here... Lynda dey greet ooo. Hope ya'll cool
I'm fine by his grace, how are the lil Linda's? missed you guys badly
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by jadareese: 11:04am On Aug 21, 2014
God morning all.hope we r all bumping along jus fine.Congrats to all d momies especially our iyabejis.may we all carry term Hale and hearty ijn..pls I need clarification on scanning issues. at wat level is USC considered too much?? I normally have one done at every antenatal visit( every 4weeks) as precaution cos I had a missed miscarriage at 10 weeks in my last preg. and only found out after I did a routine scan(since I did not present any complications physically).D issue now is dat Dh jus came home yesterday and vehemently insisted I won't b having any more scans unless advised by a d Dr. as his sister told him too much scanning is bad for baby. how true is dis pls sorry for d long tori.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by maran1983(f): 11:30am On Aug 21, 2014
sayoberry: *sigh* had to re register.... oya stand up for the welcome song..

*singing* welcome back, welcome back, welcome back.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by switgoody(f): 12:25pm On Aug 21, 2014
Yipeeeeeeeeee soyaberry is back grin

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by meme5: 12:38pm On Aug 21, 2014
Welcome bak sayoberry. Tot of u few days back n planned to com announce fr u. Hw ur los?
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by meme5: 12:41pm On Aug 21, 2014
Congrats simababe on d arrival of ur boy. May God b with u & d baby.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by ckamal: 12:56pm On Aug 21, 2014
Hello all the preggy Mommies,hope you are all doing fine..though i have not always said anything on this forum but i have been an ardent follower of this topic ever since my wife took in late last year..am pleased to announce to you the arrival of our baby girl yesterday arnd 4pm..Mother and daughter are doing very great..I am also using this to appreciate this forum as we were able to tap one or two ideas and also got inspirations when Wifey was going thru morning sickness.

Once again,thank you all and may God keep all our babies for us in good health and make them blossom into great children,all preggy mommies shall also put to bed easily like the Hebrew women IJN.Cheers!!!

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by mytestimony: 1:00pm On Aug 21, 2014
ckamal: Hello all the preggy Mommies,hope you are all doing fine..though i have not always said anything on this forum but i have been an ardent follower of this topic ever since my wife took in late last year..am pleased to announce to you the arrival of our baby girl yesterday arnd 4pm..Mother and daughter are doing very great..I am also using this to appreciate this forum as we were able to tap one or two ideas and also got inspirations when Wifey was going thru morning sickness.

Once again,thank you all and may God keep all our babies for us in good health and make them blossom into great children,all preggy mommies shall also put to bed easily like the Hebrew women IJN.Cheers!!!

Congratulations! may God bless your lo
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by lovinam: 3:46pm On Aug 21, 2014
Wow! Congratulations Sir! Hugs and kisses to our cute princess
ckamal: Hello all the preggy Mommies,hope you are all doing fine..though i have not always said anything on this forum but i have been an ardent follower of this topic ever since my wife took in late last year..am pleased to announce to you the arrival of our baby girl yesterday arnd 4pm..Mother and daughter are doing very great..I am also using this to appreciate this forum as we were able to tap one or two ideas and also got inspirations when Wifey was going thru morning sickness.

(1) (2) (3) ... (218) (219) (220) (221) (222) (223) (224) ... (6956) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.