Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,408 members, 7,822,881 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 06:38 PM

Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk - Health (225) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk (8160789 Views)

Birth Defects: Are You Pregnant Or Planning To? What You Need To Know! (pics) / Can I Still Get Pregnant Or Do I Remove The Fibroid / Revealed: The Secret Fertility System That Cures Infertility & Get You Pregnant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (222) (223) (224) (225) (226) (227) (228) ... (6956) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by lovinam: 10:24am On Aug 26, 2014
mytestimony: Just when I thought it was over my "evening sickness" is back in full swing. I refused to call my doctor cos i know next will be drip. If I could take this drip in my house I won't mind. I hate hospital
Are you still throwing up? Have u tried all the skills we gave you? Hope you are taking your tabs.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 12:07pm On Aug 26, 2014
Blackfinegirl: You can check st Nicholas hospital, just that it's a little bit far, it's at Lagos island. Doreen hospital is really close by, it's at lekki epe express way,but i don't know how good they are there.

Pls don't yoi even try Doreen. That hospital has bad reviews...confirmed bad reviews and not just heresay. You can check online yourself.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 12:09pm On Aug 26, 2014
jvmum: hello everyone. happy to join you here after several months of guest membership-I guess necessity has knocked me off my lazy bum to officially join NL.
blessed people. .,please I need help from you all o..I just relocated back to Lag and I am not very conversant with this new area I live...ie Mayfair-Awoyaya at ibeju lekki. I need a decent hospital and ob/gyn around to register with for ANC and all. Had a cerclage with my first pregnancy 2 years ago n now with my 2nd at 12w2d today. I have to place the cerclage urgently so I ll appreciate any recommendation or information. Bless u all.

Pls don't yoi even try Doreen. That hospital has bad reviews...confirmed bad reviews and not just heresay. You can check online yourself.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 12:13pm On Aug 26, 2014
beedam:
Thanks. It's this last one that got me worried cos I know it's nt correct.

Late scans are mostly inaccurate for dating pregnancies, cos after the first trimester, babies grow at different rates. So if your baby is bigger than average, the edd will appear earlier than your original edd, and vice versa

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Blackfinegirl(f): 12:18pm On Aug 26, 2014
bossladyMo:

Thought it was just a rumor, that's why I said I am not sure how good they are. Please o don't try it Abeg.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by beedam(f): 12:48pm On Aug 26, 2014
[quote author=mytestimony]Just when I thought it was over my "evening sickness" is back in full swing. I refused to call my doctor cos i know next will be drip. If I could take this drip in my house I won't mind. I hate hospital[/quote
@mytestimony and bossladymo,thanks.
@ mytestimony, just relax your mind and before you know it,it will be gone finally.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by beedam(f): 12:55pm On Aug 26, 2014
@all the mamas in the house who has in a way or the other answered all of us who need assistance or should I say encouragement,thanks so much for the time spent on us. The encouragement alone eases me of the pain and also the good news and birth stories are like soothing balm that calm me down that soonest I will be the one sharing my own story too. Keep up the good work and may God Almighty continue to protect our families. Ciao kiss
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by chocome: 4:59pm On Aug 26, 2014
hello mamas i greet oooo
sept mamas how far? Otses, Mamaabike n other sept mamas are will prepare
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by mytestimony: 5:05pm On Aug 26, 2014
lovinam: Are you still throwing up? Have u tried all the skills we gave you? Hope you are taking your tabs.

Yes throwing up alot. Yesterday evening till midnight 8 times. At some point thought my intestines would come out. Trying to take them tabs o. Not easy
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by halimattt(f): 8:03pm On Aug 26, 2014
Hello ladies, I am 29 weeks pregnant. my baby kick a lot & also move a lot during d day & nite, sometimes when am laying down. whenever my baby is turning i always feel pain in my hip & my back, he will be turning as if am having contractions. I went do scan last week Friday , they said he is in normal position dat everything is okay. I went to hospital yesterday my doctor gave me pain relief injection, am still feeling d back pain & every minute kick, but d leg pain hav reduced. If am walking it will be as if someone is pushing me, i can't sit down for a long time unless i change position. I don't know what to do?
again
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 3:49am On Aug 27, 2014
halimattt: Hello ladies, I am 29 weeks pregnant. my baby kick a lot & also move a lot during d day & nite, sometimes when am laying down. whenever my baby is turning i always feel pain in my hip & my back, he will be turning as if am having contractions. I went do scan last week Friday , they said he is in normal position dat everything is okay. I went to hospital yesterday my doctor gave me pain relief injection, am still feeling d back pain & every minute kick, but d leg pain hav reduced. If am walking it will be as if someone is pushing me, i can't sit down for a long time unless i change position. I don't know what to do?
again

Pele! I know how you feel, and it all appears normal. Don't let me lie to you, it might not reduce, cos the baby's weight will keep increasing, his/her Calcium zapping from you will be increased, and the pressure on your legs due to the weight, will increase. Pain relief does not cure it, it only masks the pain...so don't get addicted to it, cos you still have a long way to go. I assume it's your first preg, so everything is still new as your just new in the 3rd trimester. The head down position brings a lot of discomfort.

I'm currently expecting too, and as I type, my hips are killing me. Same thing happened with my first preg, so I'm not even bothered....and yes, the baby is very active...and when it moves or stretches, it sends some serious back pain.

Keep taking your calcium and when you sleep at night, put a pillow between your legs and prop another behind you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by halimattt(f): 7:32am On Aug 27, 2014
bossladyMo:

Pele! I know how you feel, and it all appears normal. Don't let me lie to you, it might not reduce, cos the baby's weight will keep increasing, his/her Calcium zapping from you will be increased, and the pressure on your legs due to the weight, will increase. Pain relief does not cure it, it only masks the pain...so don't get addicted to it, cos you still have a long way to go. I assume it's your first preg, so everything is still new as your just new in the 3rd trimester. The head down position brings a lot of discomfort.

I'm currently expecting too, and as I type, my hips are killing me. Same thing happened with my first preg, so I'm not even bothered....and yes, the baby is very active...and when it moves or stretches, it sends some serious back pain.

Keep taking your calcium and when you sleep at night, put a pillow between your legs and prop another behind you.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by dhabeautyjas(f): 10:26am On Aug 27, 2014
halimattt: Hello ladies, I am 29 weeks pregnant. my baby kick a lot & also move a lot during d day & nite, sometimes when am laying down. whenever my baby is turning i always feel pain in my hip & my back, he will be turning as if am having contractions. I went do scan last week Friday , they said he is in normal position dat everything is okay. I went to hospital yesterday my doctor gave me pain relief injection, am still feeling d back pain & every minute kick, but d leg pain hav reduced. If am walking it will be as if someone is pushing me, i can't sit down for a long time unless i change position. I don't know what to do?
again

bossladyMo is right, had the leg pain till i delivered. but dont worry, when u see your precious jewel, you will know all the pain is worth it. hugs

mytestimmony, beedam how are u [people pushing.?
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by halimattt(f): 11:59am On Aug 27, 2014
bossladyMo:

Pele! I know how you feel, and it all appears normal. Don't let me lie to you, it might not reduce, cos the baby's weight will keep increasing, his/her Calcium zapping from you will be increased, and the your legs due to the weight, will increase. Pain relief does not cure it, it only masks the pain...so don't get addicted to it, cos you still have a long way to go. I assume it's your first preg, so everything is still new as your just new in the 3rd trimester. The head down position brings a lot of discomfort.

Thanks bossladyMo, this is not my first pregnancy. I have two children a boy and a girl, my two pregnancy wasn't like this. It jus as if dis is my first pregnancy, i can't sleep on my side(mad kicking). so i must sit propped on two pillow. sometimes i am awake in d morning by his movement.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 12:46pm On Aug 27, 2014
halimattt: Thanks bossladyMo, this is not my first pregnancy. I have two children a boy and a girl, my two pregnancy wasn't like this. It jus as if dis is my first pregnancy, i can't sleep on my side(mad kicking). so i must sit propped on two pillow. sometimes i am awake in d morning by his movement.

You know how they say no 2 pregnancies are the same...pele

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by lovinam: 2:50pm On Aug 27, 2014
mytestimony:

Yes throwing up alot. Yesterday evening till midnight 8 times. At some point thought my intestines would come out. Trying to take them tabs o. Not easy
Awwww hugs dear. It will soon be over. Bring on second trimester!! Lol

All our sabi mothers please return. Lyndaroyce. I see u ! How u de? Abeg de pop in to answer questions.

Nkemella what's happening? Beckytunde how's our baby doing?
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by halimattt(f): 4:20pm On Aug 27, 2014
bossladyMo:

You know how they say no 2 pregnancies are the same...pele
You are right my sister, now i know. my first and second preg wasn't like this. tanx
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by mytestimony: 4:27pm On Aug 27, 2014
dhabeautyjas:

bossladyMo is right, had the leg pain till i delivered. but dont worry, when u see your precious jewel, you will know all the pain is worth it. hugs

I de o. Taking each day as it comes
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nkemella: 4:31pm On Aug 27, 2014
@Lovinam I dey,I stil dey pushoo u ar doing a great job on dis thread may God continue to strenghten u.wher is Donatee nd co
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by lovinam: 5:22pm On Aug 27, 2014
Ehen! I don call u tire my throat don over pain me sef. Glad to know u are doing great. Donatee most likely will be busy with studies. Docs never stop studying. I de sight beeevan in some threads( yes I do see u. Stop hiding and come here fgast) d others hand de pain demdey will soon recover.

Mamaabike maran juleni chfreke hola
Nkemella: @Lovinam I dey,I stil dey pushoo u ar doing a great job on dis thread may God continue to strenghten u.wher is Donatee nd co
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by rechybabe(f): 9:21pm On Aug 27, 2014
gud evening. mamas I dey hail una and d newbies hw d pushing ministry am entering 28wks cant wait to enter my 3rd trimester
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by tchiwinnie: 10:22pm On Aug 27, 2014
rechybabe: gud evening. mamas I dey hail una and d newbies hw d pushing ministry am entering 28wks cant wait to enter my 3rd trimester
u dey 3rd trimester already. starts by 26wks +1day.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by beedam(f): 12:24am On Aug 28, 2014
dhabeautyjas:

I just dey jare. I no even know as e dey do me these days
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by oriste(f): 6:46am On Aug 28, 2014
Hello my fellow mothers in the house hope the LO are doing great please my son has 'ela' please what can I use to clear it and does sheer butter darken baby
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Preshila(f): 8:54am On Aug 28, 2014
oriste: Hello my fellow mothers in the house hope the LO are doing great please my son has 'ela' please what can I use to clear it and does sheer butter darken baby

Ela, that wicked skin problems babies dey get... I was prescribed clotrimazole by my hubby and it took care of it...within 3 days. Now her skin is as smooth as e suppose be.... Dooooh
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Preshila(f): 8:56am On Aug 28, 2014
Lovinam, you are doing a great job. keep it up...

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Preshila(f): 9:01am On Aug 28, 2014
again

Welcome on board the third trimester train... These are a few of the many bumbs people do experience on the ride....Just like Ist trimester ms, it will soon pass. If the pain is becoming something else, just pop in 2 tabs of panadol and get a lil relief for the moment. Na so e dey do some of us. Pele dear...
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Preshila(f): 9:08am On Aug 28, 2014
mytestimony:

Pele. Nobody likes hospital o. But dear if the puking is getting out of hand, then u probably need med assistance, even if it comes in the form of that drip...lols. I did have a lot of morning sickness when I was pregs and was in and out of the hospital. At a time I had to resort to taking the treatment at home. Though I had my hubby to thank cos he is a med practitioner. So if you want house treatment, its possible as well, though the draw-back is that you won't be monitored the way you are being monitored in the hospital. Good luck though. It will soon pass.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Preshila(f): 9:43am On Aug 28, 2014
jvmum: hello everyone. happy to join you here after several months of guest membership-I guess necessity has knocked me off my lazy bum to officially join NL.
blessed people. .,please I need help from you all o..I just relocated back to Lag and I am not very conversant with this new area I live...ie Mayfair-Awoyaya at ibeju lekki. I need a decent hospital and ob/gyn around to register with for ANC and all. Had a cerclage with my first pregnancy 2 years ago n now with my 2nd at 12w2d today. I have to place the cerclage urgently so I ll appreciate any recommendation or information. Bless u all.

Do you want to put the cerclage based on what? doctor's recommendation or because you had it during your previous pregnancy?
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by beeevan: 9:46am On Aug 28, 2014
Hello ladies!!
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Preshila(f): 10:13am On Aug 28, 2014
aye88: Somebody please help meeee. I'm six weeks pregnant. I usually dip my hand into my virginal to check the colour of the discharge. Starting from week five, I noticed that after dippin my hand into the virginal, it looks white but when I clean the hand with tissue, its brownish. I initially felt mayb its the pregnacare I was taking that turned my discharge into brown. But even now at six weeks, the discharge is still brownish. I don't have any pain, infact my lower abdomen feels hard and somhow gettin bigger. My pregnancy sympton is increasing by the day. As I type I'm irritated with the food I use to love especially fish. My basal temperature is still high. Just three days ago I still did a pregnancy test and the lines were bolder than it has ever been. Please I hope I'm okay. Should I go for a scan? Is this brownish discharge nornmal? Pls helppp

First and foremost, stop dipping ur finger(s) into your vjay, very unhygienic practice. You may introduce some very dangerous microbes down there and let's not even forget Ebola. please and please stop doing that. Take all ur complaints to a doctor for proper examination.
At 6 weeks, your womb should still be deep in your pelvis, which means you should not have started showing now. As for your preggy symptoms getting much, its quite normal and it would peak by 8-10 weeks and start subsiding thereafter...You are very much okay, nothing is wrong with you. you can wait for another 2 weeks before going for a scan. These are just my opinions and should not take precedence over a doctor's judgement. Wish you a successful 9 months and beyond...
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Preshila(f): 10:15am On Aug 28, 2014
tchiwinnie: i think u shld do a urinalysis. hv u complained to ur dr?

I concur...

(1) (2) (3) ... (222) (223) (224) (225) (226) (227) (228) ... (6956) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Masab and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.