Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,643 members, 7,809,420 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:18 AM

Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk - Health (226) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk (8124474 Views)

Birth Defects: Are You Pregnant Or Planning To? What You Need To Know! (pics) / Can I Still Get Pregnant Or Do I Remove The Fibroid / Revealed: The Secret Fertility System That Cures Infertility & Get You Pregnant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (223) (224) (225) (226) (227) (228) (229) ... (6954) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Preshila(f): 10:20am On Aug 28, 2014
Congratulobia to Vinna, Chiangel and other mamas wey born during my absence. May these children continually be a blessing to you for as long as they shall live and may the good Lord provide the where withal to take care of them through Christ, Amen!!!.
Signing out
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Splendblex(f): 2:01pm On Aug 28, 2014
Hi, thanks to everyone that encouraged me to go for check up. I went and everything is fine, nothing is wrong with me.I'm 8weeks now.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by juliebest(f): 2:39pm On Aug 28, 2014
Congrats to ckamal, chiangel, vinna. May God bless your families.
Welcome to the newcomers
All preggie mommas, may you carry to term and give birth like the Hebrew women.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by lovinam: 3:43pm On Aug 28, 2014
beedam:
I just dey jare. I no even know as e dey do me these days
This got me laughing like crazy!! Lmao. Spoken like a pregnant woman. Pregnancy comes with on and off switch. The thing tire.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by dhabeautyjas(f): 5:34pm On Aug 28, 2014
oriste: Hello my fellow mothers in the house hope the LO are doing great please my son has 'ela' please what can I use to clear it and does sheer butter darken baby
pele, ori doesnt darken baby as thats what i use for my dd. even me self dey use am since i get belle. my skin just dey shine.
the eela, i dnt know bit u can try sudocream or mix baby tribotan with ori. those i used wen lo was having reactions on her skin.
beevan, lovinam don drag u comot.
lovina thumbs up dear. *crying* u didnt mention my name. ok o.
mamas do av a lovely weekend
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by dhabeautyjas(f): 5:35pm On Aug 28, 2014
Splendblex: Hi, thanks to everyone that encouraged me to go for check up. I went and everything is fine, nothing is wrong with me.I'm 8weeks now.
good to know. take kia of u.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Splendblex(f): 5:38pm On Aug 28, 2014
dhabeautyjas:
good to know. take kia of u.
Thanks alot.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by atonementchild: 5:57pm On Aug 28, 2014
Evng mamas,pls who has done glucose test. I'm 25 weeks plus and the doc says i should do it.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by lovinam: 7:37pm On Aug 28, 2014
dhabeautyjas:
pele, ori doesnt darken baby as thats what i use for my dd. even me self dey use am since i get belle. my skin just dey shine.
the eela, i dnt know bit u can try sudocream or mix baby tribotan with ori. those i used wen lo was having reactions on her skin.
beevan, lovinam don drag u comot.
lovina thumbs up dear. *crying* u didnt mention my name. ok o.
mamas do av a lovely weekend
Switat no vex, I'm so used to beauty. This ur new name de make me bite tongue. How u de? Hope una de wax strong? No mind beeevan she just de play hide and seek. Ahhhh maybe e don happen and she no wan tell us o! Beeevan oya confession time
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by beeevan: 7:39pm On Aug 28, 2014
lovinam:
Switat no vex, I'm so used to beauty. This ur new name de make me bite tongue. How u de? Hope una de wax strong? No mind beeevan she just de play hide and seek. Ahhhh maybe e don happen and she no wan tell us o! Beeevan oya confession time

Hahaha, confess fire!team virgin for life!!!
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by lovinam: 7:41pm On Aug 28, 2014
Lmao! Kai d fear of another wan kwench my lbido. Lol! Wahala de!
beeevan:

Hahaha, confess fire!team virgin for life!!!
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by beeevan: 7:43pm On Aug 28, 2014
lovinam: Lmao! Kai d fear of another wan kwench my lbido. Lol! Wahala de!

No be only you, the thing quench my libido too, may God save person from over zealous spermatozoa.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by ehiblessing(f): 9:19pm On Aug 28, 2014
atonementchild: Evng mamas,pls who has done glucose test. I'm 25 weeks plus and the doc says i should do it.

Dnt understand ur question it it 4 u to do urine test and check 4 glucose or just glucose test
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by tchiwinnie: 9:31pm On Aug 28, 2014
atonementchild: Evng mamas,pls who has done glucose test. I'm 25 weeks plus and the doc says i should do it.
Go ahead and do it. its nothing to worry abt. i did it too wen i was preggy
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by tchiwinnie: 9:34pm On Aug 28, 2014
dhabeautyjas:
pele, ori doesnt darken baby as thats what i use for my dd. even me self dey use am since i get belle. my skin just dey shine
i think ori darkens some babies' skin. i noticed my ds was getting darker wen i use ori, wen i stop his color comes out more. so i stopped rubbing d ori everyday. its good tho(d ori) cos it really makes their body smooth.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by aye88: 10:16pm On Aug 28, 2014
Preshila:

First and foremost, stop dipping ur finger(s) into your vjay, very unhygienic practice. You may introduce some very dangerous microbes down there and let's not even forget Ebola. please and please stop doing that. Take all ur complaints to a doctor for proper examination.
At 6 weeks, your womb should still be deep in your pelvis, which means you should not have started showing now. As for your preggy symptoms getting much, its quite normal and it would peak by 8-10 weeks and start subsiding thereafter...You are very much okay, nothing is wrong with you. you can wait for another 2 weeks before going for a scan. These are just my opinions and should not take precedence over a doctor's judgement. Wish you a successful 9 months and beyond...

Thanks for the advise. I've been to the hospital for a scan and it says everythin is normal. Though I was asked to come back later for further checks. I won't dip my hand to my vee vee againoo. I actually got use to it durin ttc period when I always try to check for ewcm but I make sure I wash my hands wit soap very well b4 doing it. Thanks for d concern
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by lovinam: 10:27pm On Aug 28, 2014
Ha, I begin to question myself o if I de ok o! I think say na only me. I de go do fp next week o. Na fear hol me since
beeevan:

No be only you, the thing quench my libido too, may God save person from over zealous spermatozoa.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by beeevan: 11:04pm On Aug 28, 2014
lovinam: Ha, I begin to question myself o if I de ok o! I think say na only me. I de go do fp next week o. Na fear hol me since

Nne do update, maybe u fit give me morale.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by lovinam: 11:43pm On Aug 28, 2014
I go gist u. Just make I chop enough liver go first. Lol
beeevan:

Nne do update, maybe u fit give me morale.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Preshila(f): 11:51pm On Aug 28, 2014
lovinam: I go gist u. Just make I chop enough liver go first. Lol

Lols... Hubby don dey ginger me to go do fp since o. But fear dey catch me. By next week I would decide when I will do it. would probably go for copper T. My hubby has resumed akpako business in earnest...and I bet his spermatozoa them are some mean faced over zealots.... lols. Can't take chances mehnnn!!!

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by mytestimony: 3:34am On Aug 29, 2014
All preggy mamas in the house how una de? I no fit sleep I say make I halla una o. Experienced mamas una doo. Una try I hail una. May God continue to guide and protect us

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by opeoluwa2(f): 5:49am On Aug 29, 2014
Hey I don miss una plenty for this preggy thread.alot of newbies. Plenty pple don born ooh. Congrats to chifreke, chiangel and the other mamas. New preggy mum's carry to term in Jesus Name. All the sabi sabi mamas wey una dey hide? That wassap group has really don a lot of harm to this thread but thanks to lovinaM and other mamas keeping the house alive.guess I ll visit more now that pple are coming back. Where is beckytunde, dhabeautyjas, Rukemi, Beevan don(area) mamaabike, twinmama and A-z mamas?
Darisgodooh in this missing in action.lol. Rinda Sorry lyndaroyce I sight you.
Good morning everyone.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by lovinam: 11:39am On Aug 29, 2014
So u sef follow to fear. Lol.
Preshila:

Lols... Hubby don dey ginger me to go do fp since o. But fear dey catch me. By next week I would decide when I will do it. would probably go for copper T. My hubby has resumed akpako business in earnest...and I bet his spermatozoa them are some mean faced over zealots.... lols. Can't take chances mehnnn!!!
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by lovinam: 11:46am On Aug 29, 2014
Baby la hot! How u de na? Wey dat persin wey suggest the wassap thing? She needs to come for kobokoing! Nansense! No worry our sabi mama's de return small smalll.
@mytestimony. I feel u jare. There was a time all comment on this thread were made from 12am - 5am. Pregnancy de do persn strong tin. Na d tsunami clear so many people. Me sef had to register again. Mchew. No worry ur mates go soon land. Una go begn midnight parry. ROTFL
opeoluwa2: Hey I don miss una plenty for this preggy thread.alot of newbies. Plenty pple don born ooh. Congrats to chifreke, chiangel and the other mamas. New preggy mum's carry to term in Jesus Name. All the sabi sabi mamas wey una dey hide? That wassap group has really don a lot of harm to this thread but thanks to lovinaM and other mamas keeping the house alive.guess I ll visit more now that pple are coming back. Where is beckytunde, dhabeautyjas, Rukemi, Beevan don(area) mamaabike, twinmama and A-z mamas?
Good morning everyone.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by jvmum(f): 12:32pm On Aug 29, 2014
Preshila:

Do you want to put the cerclage based on what? doctor's recommendation or because you had it during your previous pregnancy?

doctor's recommendation. Had lost a pregnancy at 22wks ...water broke without sign..even with my daughter's pregnancy, aft the stitch was removed I did carry the pregnancy to 41 weeks however I was fortunate to have gone to the hospital the day i did to ask my doctor to be induced. when she examined I was already dilated 6cm (without any pains nor contraction) n she joked dat my baby wld have crawled out on her own while I was sleeping. she had to do a membrane sweep to break d water . twas' bit after that the actual labour set in and in abt 3 hrs had my girl.
once u are diagnosed with cervical incompetence and get a cerclage u wld have to do that in subsequent pregnancies-unless miracle happens.
However I was able to locate my old dr as she is with Havana now. did the cerclage yesterday n now on bed rest for a few days.
tnx to all those who responded about hospitals this way. Doren is totalllly out. I have a history with them. I ll keep looking.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by mytestimony: 2:03pm On Aug 29, 2014
I had a sharp pain on the right of my tummy yesterday. I called the doctor and he asked me to see him today. I went in and did a scan. He saod everything is fine. Now I am back from the hospital and I am feeling the same pain. Is this normal
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by iyaibeji2(f): 3:28pm On Aug 29, 2014
jvmum:

doctor's recommendation. Had lost a pregnancy at 22wks ...water broke without sign..even with my daughter's pregnancy, aft the stitch was removed I did carry the pregnancy to 41 weeks however I was fortunate to have gone to the hospital the day i did to ask my doctor to be induced. when she examined I was already dilated 6cm (without any pains nor contraction) n she joked dat my baby wld have crawled out on her own while I was sleeping. she had to do a membrane sweep to break d water . twas' bit after that the actual labour set in and in abt 3 hrs had my girl.
once u are diagnosed with cervical incompetence and get a cerclage u wld have to do that in subsequent pregnancies-unless miracle happens.
However I was able to locate my old dr as she is with Havana now. did the cerclage yesterday n now on bed rest for a few days.
tnx to all those who responded about hospitals this way. Doren is totalllly out. I have a history with them. I ll keep looking.

Glad to hear that. Pls how were you diagnosed of cervix incompetence? The info. might help some Moms here.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by dhabeautyjas(f): 4:20pm On Aug 29, 2014
opeoluwa2: Hey I don miss una plenty for this preggy thread.alot of newbies. Plenty pple don born ooh. Congrats to chifreke, chiangel and the other mamas. New preggy mum's carry to term in Jesus Name. All the sabi sabi mamas wey una dey hide? That wassap group has really don a lot of harm to this thread but thanks to lovinaM and other mamas keeping the house alive.guess I ll visit more now that pple are coming back. Where is beckytunde, dhabeautyjas, Rukemi, Beevan don(area) mamaabike, twinmama and A-z mamas?
Good morning everyone.

opeoluwa welcome back

jvmum and other newbies, una welcome to the family

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by KBARBIE(f): 4:21pm On Aug 29, 2014
Hi swit mothers,

I'm almost due as I'm 36 weeks, pls I nid ur help on How to get prepared for labour.I'm confused on how to pack for d hospital apart from what d hospital requests. Pls what shd be included in my hospital bag? Thx
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by beedam(f): 5:19pm On Aug 29, 2014
@mytestimony, I sight u o. Hope you are doing fine.
All the sabi mamas,i still dey throw spit at 18weeks,wetin I go do now cry
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by lovinam: 6:32pm On Aug 29, 2014
First go for walks, it will help prepare you for labour. During labor practice breathing technique. That's what I use, you can google it. Try baby centre website" coping with labour". Its important to stay calm and keep an open mind. The most important thing is you and your baby coming out of delivery safe and sound.
The hospital will def give you a list go with it. Just pack extra cloths for baby cos his poo might touch his cloth several times. 8 body suit, 8singlet, 8overall suit, towel,soap, dettol, savlon, vaseline, spirit, cotton wool, baby powder, baby soap, socks, cap, sweater , wrap cloth. Diaper( 15pcs). For you, night wear 3, wrapper( especially on day of delivery , u can tie it on ur nightie to avoid blood stain.) You don't need t d next day. Comfortable t shirt, shorts. Lots of pant and pad. Maternity bra. Slippers. Net baby bed( that's if d hospital does not provide net for cot) all na to avoid ur peoplke running up and down buying thinhgs for street

I haf try, oda mamas oya o
KBARBIE: Hi swit mothers,

I'm almost due as I'm 36 weeks, pls I nid ur help on How to get prepared for labour.I'm confused on how to pack for d hospital apart from what d hospital requests. Pls what shd be included in my hospital bag? Thx

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by funkymoi: 6:50pm On Aug 29, 2014
@ KBARBIE,in addition to Lovinam's list,u'll need roll on/body spray, nice comfortable cloth to wear when leaving the hospital,beverages u'll take after delivery,underpads to avoid staining bed,comb/brush for ur hair and if u're a make up person,u should take some along for use when going home. Don't forget ur mirror as well.
Follow Lovina's advise of long walks,it helps a lot. Did dt for my 2 preggys and had labour of less dan 4 hours for both. May God grant u a very safe delivery.
@Lovinam, a wonderful job u're doing here o. U dey try well well! God bless u and urs.
@beauty,how are u and sweet jasmine?
@all I hail o!

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (223) (224) (225) (226) (227) (228) (229) ... (6954) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.