Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,014 members, 7,810,809 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:54 PM

Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk - Health (2361) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk (8126969 Views)

Birth Defects: Are You Pregnant Or Planning To? What You Need To Know! (pics) / Can I Still Get Pregnant Or Do I Remove The Fibroid / Revealed: The Secret Fertility System That Cures Infertility & Get You Pregnant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2358) (2359) (2360) (2361) (2362) (2363) (2364) ... (6954) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Chanbaby: 11:13pm On Sep 26, 2016
realdentist:

Just reminds me of something the matron said during antenatal a few days ago, that some women go for massage and end up with several horrible complications. pls you don't need that.
easy pregnancy to us all.
congrats to the new mothers
cc Chanbaby

@Realdentist and @cutiereborn
I will just run for my dear life oh. I don't have energy for story.
My marriage is just a year and half. MIL and FIL are saying is like we can't have children that's why I haven't conceived yet. Once someone calls me iyawo they will say iyawo that refused to get pregnant. So now that I am pregnant I will guide it jealously. They are not even aware I'm pregnant. So I wouldn't take chances oh.

4 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Ijelex: 11:14pm On Sep 26, 2016
[quote author=jazzyjazz post=49699028]Not better o ma! The pa

Nnem the lord is your strength.We shall all carry to term and rejoice afterwards in Jesus name. Amen.I pray for a miraculous and supernatural relief from that pain in Jesus name.Amen.It is well with you.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by blessedchick(f): 11:31pm On Sep 26, 2016
My birth story
At 37 weeks i started experiencing signs of labour like menstral like pains,but it does not last long
On d 19th at night i started having menstral like pains n i saw small
Muccu plug.i told my mother inlaw about it,d next day which is on d 20th she den called my mother to come to d house and told her about what i saw and my mother told her that i should prepare that labour will start at anytime.
So in the evening around 4pm my mother inlaw said we should go to d hospital so that they can check if i am dialating the doctor checked and said that my cervix is not soft yet.
He den checked my Bp it was very high he den checked d
Baby's heart beat her's was high too.he den said dat he is not going to allow me to go home.dey started monitoring my Bp and dat of my baby every 2 hours and i was on drip too.if it would normalise so that he can induce me,my bp reduced but baby's own was was still still high.he den called my mother inlaw and my mom and told dem that d only way out is for dem to carry out cs .i started crying and asking God y me because i was imaging the pains i was going to pass through.well i later accepted my faith and said i will
Pass through pains for my baby to be alive.
On the 21st which is Wednesday around to 5 in d evening i was wheeled to d theater i was administerd some injections and i slept off.
I was later told that baby came out almost dead that dey had to beat her trow her up remove water from her nostrils before she started crying.and if i delayed it would have been another story.baby came out weighing 3.2kg at 38 weeks 5days.

Note:at the general hospital where i wanted given birth dey never told me i had protien in my urine and that my bp was high.it was the doctor at private hospital dat told me about all dis that am having preeclamasia.he was very angry about this and was like didn't they tell u about all dis at the hospital where u registered.
I just thank God that i n my baby is healthy and alive.

49 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by blessedchick(f): 11:37pm On Sep 26, 2016
Thank u mamas for ur well wishes i appreciate To d remaining september mamas i wish u supernatural deliveries. To my teamies team october u shall all deliver like the hebrew women

6 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by iomoge2(f): 11:43pm On Sep 26, 2016
Topfuncakes166

See the joy in me.. i just said thank God o.
So happy 4 u.

Dh was even asking had to explain to him
Congratulations.
Thank God u didn't delay.
Your baby was do ready to be born

Congratulations mama
Welcome princess.

@IyaLamideMi
Sebi u didnt allow me see fine pichure ba cry cry cry

Cc. cherrymum1
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by blessedchick(f): 11:43pm On Sep 26, 2016
Blessedmum:

Congrats dear, if you don't mind can my son court your princess since they arrived the same day?
Please rest well and take care of our wife.
Wishing every other mamas supernatural delivery, there shall be no more loss in our midst ijn.

He can if there is alot of money involve wink
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by iomoge2(f): 11:50pm On Sep 26, 2016
blessedchick:

Both of you are blessed somebody grin grin

Chio.
Blessed grandchildren will show up from d union.
grin

Cc blessedmum
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by iomoge2(f): 11:52pm On Sep 26, 2016
Topfuncakes166:
Praise be unto u lord!,am the happiest mother on earth to a cute princess,she made her grand entrance around 1:28pm on 26th September,Bs later
Congratulations dearie.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by iomoge2(f): 11:54pm On Sep 26, 2016
Team November

Roll call tomorrow.

Was waiting 4 mid night be am tired now.
Cant type again
By 2moro every1 will be in 8 months.

2moro is just 6 minutes away.
Kikikikikikik.

Kissessssss.
Love u all.

Who prayed today for the house

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Favouredmom(f): 12:18am On Sep 27, 2016
Congrats to topfuncakes166 and blessedchick

May your children always bring you joy

Thank God for his faithfulness. Team December, I'm glad we are all doing fine. We all should have entered at least our 26th week now, most of us are already comfortably in the third trimester now. I'm 29 weeks plus now and I'm so excited.

I heard the prices of commodities in the market have skyrocketed. Pls let's try to round up our shopping to avoid running around in the last minute. You know some of our DHs can be funny, before they'll go and buy pink gowns for baby boys as per last minute shopping cheesy
May God provide for us and our DHs.

To our experienced mamas that have already put to bed, how important is it to wash new baby clothes before putting it on them? I asked a couple of elderly nurses here(some are Nigerians) and they gave me a funny look. One mummy told me it's not necessary but I really want to be sure as I'd prefer not to take chances. Is their an adverse effect on baby's skin if we don't wash? Pls we need honest opinions from those who washed and those who didn't. Do we hand wash only or put in the washing machine? Should we wash stuff like socks, mittens, towels, flannels, blankets and caps?

Cc AlphaHandMaiden, ozycy, feddy27, Mitchyy, helovesme, liftedhands, and every other mum with experience

Thanks mamas
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by lilybestie(f): 12:20am On Sep 27, 2016
blessedchick:
My birth story
At 37 weeks i started experiencing signs of labour like menstral like pains,but it does not last long
Muccu plug.i told my mother inlaw about it,d next day which is on d 20th she den called my mother to come to d house and told her about what i saw and my mother told her that i should prepare that labour will start at anytime.
So in the evening around 4pm my mother inlaw said we should go to d hospital so that they can check if i am dialating the doctor checked and said that my cervix is not soft yet.
Baby's heart beat her's was high too.he den said dat he is not going to allow me to go home.dey started monitoring my Bp and dat of my baby every 2 hours and i was on drip too.if it would normalise so that he can induce me,my bp reduced but baby's own was was still still high.he den called my mother inlaw and my mom and told dem that d only way out is for dem to carry out cs .i started crying and asking God y me because i was imaging the pains i was going to pass through.well i later accepted my faith and said i will
On the 21st which is Wednesday around to 5 in d evening i was wheeled to d theater i was administerd some injections and i slept off.
I was later told that baby came out almost dead that dey had to beat her trow her up remove water from her nostrils before she started crying.and if i delayed it would have been another story.baby came out weighing 3.2kg at 38 weeks 5days.

Note:at the general hospital where i wanted given birth dey never told me i had protien in my urine and that my bp was high.it was the doctor at private hospital dat told me about all dis that am having preeclamasia.he was very angry about this and was like didn't they tell u about all dis at the hospital where u registered.

congrats teamie. the devil will not succeed. your princess is cute and chubby already. guess ur vigilante have started
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by feddy27: 2:50am On Sep 27, 2016
Favouredmom, personally I don't wash anything wen I buy them. I use it as it is new. Subsequently, I hand wash cos dey re not really dirty.

3 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by feddy27: 2:52am On Sep 27, 2016
Blessedchick, we thank God for divine intervention! Enjoy this new phase and wish u quick recovery.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Mummytee(f): 4:12am On Sep 27, 2016
Congratz to all the lastest mum in the house,God bless your los richly.

Jazzyjaz sorry dear,U will be fine...

Favouredmom cappo you just said my mind,this washing of a thing is really confusing.cant wait to read frm senior mamas here.,thanks for bringing up this questn.

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Orente21(f): 4:25am On Sep 27, 2016
Tanx 2evri1. I feel so welcome. May we all carry&deliver wit ease ijn.

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by feddy27: 4:55am On Sep 27, 2016
TEAM OCTOBER

Roll call time

1. feddy27 - Orange / Team PINK
2. SerendipityF – Purple / Team BLUE
3. Gandyluv - Purple / Team BLUE
4. BellaElla - Purple / Team BLUE
5. Onyinyechika08 - Purple/Team BLUE
6. Sugarcanebaby - Purple/ Team BLUE
7. Kunmimum - Purple / Team PINK
8. Babylove01 - Purple / Team PINK *Delivered a bouncing baby girl*ported to September*
9. Lilybestie - Purple / Team SURPRISE * Delivered a bouncing baby boy*ported to September*
10. blessedchick - Purple / *Delivered a bouncing baby girl*ported to September*
11. Ugochiada - Purple / Team PINK
12. Lbotusme - Violet
13. Luscioustrish - Purple
14. nwapastor - Purple
15. Moyingirl - Orange
16. Teegali - Orange
17. Teeteek - Purple
18. tejirikennedy - Violet
19. Emerald22 - Orange
20. Quin9 - Purple
21. Nennynj - Team PINK
22. Mamajesu
23. Ojac1
24. Kwentjules
25. Marcjane
26. Chicmoniq
27. Veleta
28. Stephmiracle
29. bussy2rhymes

Hello teamies, how are we doing?

A big congratulations to our mamas that gave birth to their precious ones. We celebrate with them

I'm sure our hospital bags are packed and our minds made up to welcome our lovely babies.

We are in the finishing line. don't take your eyes off the prize. God that has brought us this far will perfect all that concerns us.

Only good news shall be heard from this team in Jesus name. Amen!

Do have a beautiful day ahead. Good morning lovelies kiss

14 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Dunni29(f): 5:38am On Sep 27, 2016
Favouredmom I have never washed any of my newborn baby clothes as long as it came in a pack. I hand washed the pass downs I got from relatives. I have also not had any problem with skin reactions to the clothes if that's your fear on the washing matter
Good morning all. Team January is extremely quiet of recent
Jazzyjazz hope you were able to get some sleep from the pain. Sorry dear. It will surely end in praise

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by AlphaHandMaiden(f): 6:53am On Sep 27, 2016
Favouredmom:
Congrats to topfuncakes166 and blessedchick

May your children always bring you joy

Thank God for his faithfulness. Team December, I'm glad we are all doing fine. We all should have entered at least our 26th week now, most of us are already comfortably in the third trimester now. I'm 29 weeks plus now and I'm so excited.

I heard the prices of commodities in the market have skyrocketed. Pls let's try to round up our shopping to avoid running around in the last minute. You know some of our DHs can be funny, before they'll go and buy pink gowns for baby boys as per last minute shopping cheesy
May God provide for us and our DHs.

To our experienced mamas that have already put to bed, how important is it to wash new baby clothes before putting it on them? I asked a couple of elderly nurses here(some are Nigerians) and they gave me a funny look. One mummy told me it's not necessary but I really want to be sure as I'd prefer not to take chances. Is their an adverse effect on baby's skin if we don't wash? Pls we need honest opinions from those who washed and those who didn't. Do we hand wash only or put in the washing machine? Should we wash stuff like socks, mittens, towels, flannels, blankets and caps?

Cc AlphaHandMaiden, ozycy, feddy27, Mitchyy, helovesme, liftedhands, and every other mum with experience

Thanks mamas

For me i washed for the first 3 -6 months. After that... i didnt as i want to believe their skins are no longer as delicate as they were at birth.

The reason it is advisable to wash is:

During manufacture, some light chemicals may be used that may irritate babies skin
For example, some threads are coated with a light wax to aid ease of sewing or the fabrics or machinery used to produce the fabrics or yarn used to make the fabric may be coated with waxes, oils and the like to allow easy handling of the fabric rolls during is manufacture. These are all very light caoting, so its fine for most people.

Also you dont know how they have been stored in the warehouse, shops, or during delivery. So for a newborn i will say wash EVERYTHING. especially mittens, babies put their hands in their mouths remember.

The washing is just a light wash with a little detergent .
hand washing is fine or a gently machine cycle is ok as well. Just make sure you RINSE THOROUGHLY to get all soap / detergent out as that one sef fit cause issue with babies skin. If machine washing, ALWAYS do an extra rinse cycle with babies clothes.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Blessedmum(f): 6:57am On Sep 27, 2016
blessedchick:

Don't worry we have plenty money. I just finished reading ur BS thank God d devil failed, my son came out almost lifeless too bt we thank God for his grace.
They will live long to fulfill their destiny on earth.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by veleta: 7:00am On Sep 27, 2016
Thank God for a safe delivery,had my baby boy today at 9pm and he weighs 3.7kg,God is very faithful.Delivered at 39 plus 2 days. Birth story later.

@ Cappo,God will see through you and other Mamas. Thanks

31 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Blessedmum(f): 7:01am On Sep 27, 2016
Dp
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Blessedmum(f): 7:01am On Sep 27, 2016
iomoge2:

Both of you are blessed somebody grin grin

Chio.
Blessed grandchildren will show up from d union.
grin

Cc blessedmum
Yes ke, we are blessed, blessedchick+blessedmum=blessedgrandchildren cheesy
Cc blessedchick

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Blessedmum(f): 7:05am On Sep 27, 2016
veleta:
Thank God for a safe delivery,had my baby boy today at 9pm and he weighs 3.7kg,God is very faithful.Delivered at 39 plus 2 days. Birth story later.

Congrats Sis, baby is blessed ijn.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Teegali(f): 7:38am On Sep 27, 2016
veleta congratulations God bless your Lo,congratulations blessedchick,Blessed mum,mumgbTopfuncakes166, and all mamas that have just delivered God bless all your LO.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Emerald22(f): 7:38am On Sep 27, 2016
feddy27:
TEAM OCTOBER

Roll call time

1. feddy27 - Orange / Team PINK
2. SerendipityF – Purple / Team BLUE
3. Gandyluv - Purple / Team BLUE
4. BellaElla - Purple / Team BLUE
5. Onyinyechika08 - Purple/Team BLUE
6. Sugarcanebaby - Purple/ Team BLUE
7. Kunmimum - Purple / Team PINK
8. Babylove01 - Purple / Team PINK *Delivered a bouncing baby girl*ported to September*
9. Lilybestie - Purple / Team SURPRISE * Delivered a bouncing baby boy*ported to September*
10. blessedchick - Purple / *Delivered a bouncing baby girl*ported to September*
11. Ugochiada - Purple / Team PINK
12. Lbotusme - Violet
13. Luscioustrish - Purple
14. nwapastor - Purple
15. Moyingirl - Orange
16. Teegali - Orange
17. Teeteek - Purple
18. tejirikennedy - Violet
19. Emerald22 - Orange
20. Quin9 - Purple
21. Nennynj - Team PINK
22. Mamajesu
23. Ojac1
24. Kwentjules
25. Marcjane
26. Chicmoniq
27. Veleta
28. Stephmiracle
29. bussy2rhymes

Hello teamies, how are we doing?

A big congratulations to our mamas that gave birth to their precious ones. We celebrate with them

I'm sure our hospital bags are packed and our minds made up to welcome our lovely babies.

We are in the finishing line. don't take your eyes off the prize. God that has brought us this far will perfect all that concerns us.

Only good news shall be heard from this team in Jesus name. Amen!

Do have a beautiful day ahead. Good morning lovelies kiss
Present captain, amen to your prayers.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by VEE992(f): 7:40am On Sep 27, 2016
Chanbaby:

@Realdentist and @cutiereborn
My marriage is just a year and half. MIL and FIL are saying is like we can't have children that's why I haven't conceived yet. Once someone calls me iyawo they will say iyawo that refused to get pregnant. So now that I am pregnant I will guide it jealously. They are not even aware I'm pregnant. So I wouldn't take chances oh.

Ahn ahn....why would MIL and FIL be saying something like that....nawaooo angry
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Emerald22(f): 7:43am On Sep 27, 2016
veleta:

Congrats teamie.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by VEE992(f): 7:44am On Sep 27, 2016
blessedchick:
My birth story

TEM TEM for Jesus!!!!!....Congrats luv

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Teegali(f): 7:49am On Sep 27, 2016
Amen to the prayers my capo @feddy27.Present ma,,went for scan yesterday n measured 37 weeks and LO is weights 2.9 kg and team pink,I have had several EED,10,12,n more of 17 and 18th October,I m yet to pack my hospital bag.Thank God for bringing me this far.I pray for easy delivery to all October mums.

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by babylove01: 7:53am On Sep 27, 2016
Birth Story
I went for antenatal to central hospital where I registered and was told my baby was in cephalic position but not engaged. I then went for my 37th week scan and was told my baby was sitting down.
I took the scab to the private hospital where I registered and insisted I be attended to by the chief gynecologist, he looked at it and said I should lie down for palpitations and VE (it was painful) he confirmed baby was sitting and fibroid was blocking every avenue of her turning.
He then gave me a week and said if she doesn't turn I'd be booked for elective because he doesn't want me falling into labour as a ftm.
I informed my husband who informed MiL and she said "that isn't our portion, that I should lie on the floor the baby would be uncomfortable and would turn" I told my husband that's stories that touch on the given date I'm going to the hospital if he or Mil likes it or not.
I went in on Thursday afternoon, was booked in for Friday and my baby was brought out to the glory of God.
Healing hasn't been easy but I would go through the pain a thousand times over to see her cute little eyes.

30 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by enque(f): 8:00am On Sep 27, 2016
Biko just stylishly turn down the massage (make e no go b like say u de do oversabi as per FTM)...Abeg oo! make e for no loss grin grin

Chanbaby:

My sis I don't know oh. If ask me na who I go ask? grin grin grin grin. That's why I came here.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by limsycutey(f): 8:01am On Sep 27, 2016
Chanbaby:

What a cruel thing to say. The Lord will surely finish this wonderful work He has started in Jesus name. Amen

(1) (2) (3) ... (2358) (2359) (2360) (2361) (2362) (2363) (2364) ... (6954) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.