Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,302 members, 7,815,544 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:18 PM

How Did Ijaw Become The 4th Largest Ethnic Group - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Did Ijaw Become The 4th Largest Ethnic Group (41940 Views)

The 3 Largest Ethnic Groups Are Hausa,igbo,kanuri / The Fourth Largest Ethnic Group In Nigeria / Odumchi: Yorubas Are The Largest Ethnic Group In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Did Ijaw Become The 4th Largest Ethnic Group by Nobody: 2:33pm On Sep 09, 2012
torkaka:

this is what happens when you don't have an analytical mind! now listen, if in bayelsa (a 100%) ijaw state there are 1.6million people; it means give or take they are atleast 1.3million in bayelsa! now dumbo, are you saying they are more ijaws in other sates than in bayelsa?

Ignorant people like you will never know that there are about 3 million Ijaws in Rivers state alone, About 1 million Ijaws or more in Delta state, About a million in Lagos state, About a million in Ondo and Edo states combined and the numerous other Ijaws living else where in other states.
Re: How Did Ijaw Become The 4th Largest Ethnic Group by Nobody: 2:38pm On Sep 09, 2012
afam4eva:
Please stop spreading falsehood. Ijaws are not even up 20% of Rivers state. Port-hacourt as it is known today includes those where is called town and those Ikwerre villages. Those Ikwerre villages make up 70% of what is called port-hacourt today.

Yeah we understand. You will soon be calling Igbo villages Port Harcourt too.
Re: How Did Ijaw Become The 4th Largest Ethnic Group by Afam4eva(m): 2:44pm On Sep 09, 2012
killayut:

Ignorant people like you will never know that there are about 3 million Ijaws in Rivers state alone, About 1 million Ijaws or more in Delta state, About a million in Lagos state, About a million in Ondo and Edo states combined and the numerous other Ijaws living else where in other states.
3 million Ijaws in Rivers? What's the population of Rivers state again? Dude, stop thois delusion. Ijaws are at most 1 million and most of them are indegenous to Bayelsa state. Eastern Igbos make up the majority in port-hacourt followed by Ikwerre before Ijaws, Ogonis etc. The population of Ijaws in Delta state will stand close 500,000. So I don't get where you're getting your astronomical figures from.

1 Like

Re: How Did Ijaw Become The 4th Largest Ethnic Group by Nobody: 3:01pm On Sep 09, 2012
afam4eva:
All those people you mentioned are Ijaw and except for Uche Jombo who's from Abia state. You may also add Dakore Eguson and Basorge Tariah Junior. I'm sure Ibibio, Edo qnd Urhobo will present q better list and btw, it not about people that are Ijaws rather it's about the popularity of Ijaw in the political space.

Goat.Uche Jumbo is from Bonny and an Ibani Ijaw girl. Once again you continue to exhibit ignorance. The attorney general of Nigeria immediately after AZIKIWE was NABO GRAHAM DOUGLAS an Ijaw. Did you not hear about Chief Harold Dappa Biriye ? No cos you guys relegated him to the bottom cos he was not Igbo, Yoruba or Hausa.Tell me who is greater than Chief Clark in the South South . Did you not hear about Captain Amangala ? what about Justice Ambrose Alagoa and Adolfus Karibi white the world court justice ? Did you ever hear about Ambassador Joe Iyalla , Chief Dele Cole.The biggest entertainment guru in Nigeria are Ben Bruce and his family under the Silver bird production and they are Ijaws. You been thinking they were Igbos. Did you not hear about Prof Tam David West before this time ? Chief Joshua Fumudoh, SSS Boss Albert Horsfall, DMI military Boss Patrick Azazi , and so on.
Re: How Did Ijaw Become The 4th Largest Ethnic Group by Nobody: 3:11pm On Sep 09, 2012
afam4eva:
3 million Ijaws in Rivers? What's the population of Rivers state again? Dude, stop thois delusion. Ijaws are at most 1 million and most of them are indegenous to Bayelsa state. Eastern Igbos make up the majority in port-hacourt followed by Ikwerre before Ijaws, Ogonis etc. The population of Ijaws in Delta state will stand close 500,000. So I don't get where you're getting your astronomical figures from.

Kalabari alone is more than 1 million in Rivers State and yes KALABARI are more in Population in Port Harcourt except in the core Ikwere Villages. How many Ikwere students were in secondary schools like comprehensive, Enitona, Stella Maris, Baptist and so on in Ph ? . I attended Comprehensive and Ikweres then were almost not there so what are you saying ? The mistakes you people continue to make is the calling of Ikwere villages Port Harcourt. There are 23 LGAs in Rivers and Ikwere has just 2 main ones, Obio Akpor which is a cosmopolitan area does not have a lot Ikwere people but different other people including heavy Kalabari Population and ofcourse Igbos too, Ethce is not Ikwere but Etche and Omuma is pure Igbo, Oyigbo is also a mixture of people. There is absolutely no Other tribe but Ijaws in ASALGA, AKULGA, DELGA, BONNY, OPOBO / NKORO, OKRIKA LGA, OGU / BOLO LGA, ABUA ODUAL.. AND AHOADA WEST IS PREDOMINANTLY IJAW too. You guys end up in the PH axis and think that is all you have in Rivers state and become ignorant of Rivers stat affairs.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Did Ijaw Become The 4th Largest Ethnic Group by Afam4eva(m): 3:32pm On Sep 09, 2012
killayut:

Goat.Uche Jumbo is from Bonny and an Ibani Ijaw girl. Once again you continue to exhibit ignorance. The attorney general of Nigeria immediately after AZIKIWE was NABO GRAHAM DOUGLAS an Ijaw. Did you not hear about Chief Harold Dappa Biriye ? No cos you guys relegated him to the bottom cos he was not Igbo, Yoruba or Hausa.Tell me who is greater than Chief Clark in the South South . Did you not hear about Captain Amangala ? what about Justice Ambrose Alagoa and Adolfus Karibi white the world court justice ? Did you ever hear about Ambassador Joe Iyalla , Chief Dele Cole.The biggest entertainment guru in Nigeria are Ben Bruce and his family under the Silver bird production and they are Ijaws. You been thinking they were Igbos. Did you not hear about Prof Tam David West before this time ? Chief Joshua Fumudoh, SSS Boss Albert Horsfall, DMI military Boss Patrick Azazi , and so on.
Pls stop naming people because every village in Nigeria can produce lists of Achievers from that village.

Btw, Uche Jombo is from Abia state and not Bonny. Check it out yourself http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uche_Jombo
Re: How Did Ijaw Become The 4th Largest Ethnic Group by Afam4eva(m): 3:37pm On Sep 09, 2012
killayut:

Kalabari alone is more than 1 million in Rivers State and yes KALABARI are more in Population in Port Harcourt except in the core Ikwere Villages. How many Ikwere students were in secondary schools like comprehensive, Enitona, Stella Maris, Baptist and so on in Ph ? . I attended Comprehensive and Ikweres then were almost not there so what are you saying ? The mistakes you people continue to make is the calling of Ikwere villages Port Harcourt. There are 23 LGAs in Rivers and Ikwere has just 2 main ones, Obio Akpor which is a cosmopolitan area does not have a lot Ikwere people but different other people including heavy Kalabari Population and ofcourse Igbos too, Ethce is not Ikwere but Etche and Omuma is pure Igbo, Oyigbo is also a mixture of people. There is absolutely no Other tribe but Ijaws in ASALGA, AKULGA, DELGA, BONNY, OPOBO / NKORO, OKRIKA LGA, OGU / BOLO LGA, ABUA ODUAL.. AND AHOADA WEST IS PREDOMINANTLY IJAW too. You guys end up in the PH axis and think that is all you have in Rivers state and become ignorant of Rivers stat affairs.
Dude, stop passing false information. If Kalabari are up to 1million then how many are the Eastern Igbos and Ikwerres in River state? Even Ogonis.

Kalabaris are minorities in Rivers state. Eastern Igbos make the largest population in Rivers state and then followed by Ikwerres.
Re: How Did Ijaw Become The 4th Largest Ethnic Group by Afam4eva(m): 3:40pm On Sep 09, 2012
Double post
Re: How Did Ijaw Become The 4th Largest Ethnic Group by redsquare(m): 4:05pm On Sep 09, 2012
killayut:

No, you forgot to mention Obio/Akpor,Phalga,Kelga,Emolga,Onelga,Andoni,Ahoada East,Eleme,Khana,Gokana. Infact Ijaws own the whole of Rivers state. Guy Ahoada West is predominantly Engenni, Asalga,Akulga,Delga are Kalabari. Okrika (Wakirike) and Ogu/Bolo are Okrikas. Opobo/Nkoro and Bonny are Ibani. Abua/Odua speak Abua language. There is no such language as Ijaw in Rivers state.

killayut:

Igbos are always happy to claim Ijaw as Igbos and to claim Ijaw land. Lost souls.

Igbos claiming Ijaws? Guy you are high on cheap weed. Who would want to claim lazy drunk fishermen like Ijaws?

1 Like

Re: How Did Ijaw Become The 4th Largest Ethnic Group by Nobody: 2:43am On Sep 10, 2012
afam4eva:
Pls stop naming people because every village in Nigeria can produce lists of Achievers from that village.

Btw, Uche Jombo is from Abia state and not Bonny. Check it out yourself http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uche_Jombo

And her name is Uche Jumbo and not Jombo. And Jumbo is not any European name but an Ijaw name from Bonny. Her mom might be from Abriba but her last name is pure Bonny. When did Igbo people start having Ijaw last names ?
Re: How Did Ijaw Become The 4th Largest Ethnic Group by Nobody: 2:45am On Sep 10, 2012
afam4eva:
Dude, stop passing false information. If Kalabari are up to 1million then how many are the Eastern Igbos and Ikwerres in River state? Even Ogonis.

Kalabaris are minorities in Rivers state. Eastern Igbos make the largest population in Rivers state and then followed by Ikwerres.

This is becoming like a child's play. The Igbos of Rivers state are the Ikweres. The Ogba Egbemas have not agreed to be Igbos. Core Igbo traders in Rivers state only live in Ph and Obio Akpor and are not considered part of the Rivers state population. So stop with your Igbo and Igbo this. Rivers state is not an Igbo state. You Igbos do not learn. Why ?
Re: How Did Ijaw Become The 4th Largest Ethnic Group by OneNaira6: 2:58am On Sep 10, 2012
killayut:

And her name is Uche Jumbo and not Jombo. And Jumbo is not any European name but an Ijaw name from Bonny. Her mom might be from Abriba but her last name is pure Bonny. When did Igbo people start having Ijaw last names ?

Uche Jumbo is from Abiriba, Abia State. She's not Ijaw or bonny.

If you do not believe Wikipedia, how about her own official website where it wrote so

Uche Jombo was a precocious raconteur at a young age, playing dress up and telling stories in her home town of Abiriba, Abia State, Nigeria
http://www.uchejombotv.com/about.php?pg=1

1 Like

Re: How Did Ijaw Become The 4th Largest Ethnic Group by BlackPikiN(m): 3:06am On Sep 10, 2012
killayut:

Look here mehh,, Uche Jombo's Mom is from IMO state. When did Bonny Island and Opobo turn out to be exclusive Ijaw?

When we argue that almost the population of Bonny Island and Opobo are Igbos descendants, you go begin dey talk like ewu.

A different form of Igbo is spoken in Opobo and Bonny. U wanna deny it?

One thing I have noticed from the Ijaw recently is that you all are a bunch of ingrates. Tuahh!

1 Like

Re: How Did Ijaw Become The 4th Largest Ethnic Group by Nobody: 3:14am On Sep 10, 2012
redsquare:

No, you forgot to mention Obio/Akpor,Phalga,Kelga,Emolga,Onelga,Andoni,Ahoada East,Eleme,Khana,Gokana. Infact Ijaws own the whole of Rivers state. Guy Ahoada West is predominantly Engenni, Asalga,Akulga,Delga are Kalabari. Okrika (Wakirike) and Ogu/Bolo are Okrikas. Opobo/Nkoro and Bonny are Ibani. Abua/Odua speak Abua language. There is no such language as Ijaw in Rivers state.

Igbos claiming Ijaws? Guy you are high on cheap weed. Who would want to claim lazy drunk fishermen like Ijaws?

So why are you guys who are not even from Rivers State always on about Rivers state issues ? WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY ? Pro Igbo LGAS in Rivers are IKWERE LGA, ETCHE LGA, EMOHUA LGA, OMUMA LGA, OGBA EGBEMA LGA AND AHOADA EAST LGA and OYIGBO LGA of which only Omuma, Ikwere and Etche and Emohua are the only pure Igbo LGAS. Oyigbo is shared between Ndoki and Ogoni people, Ogba Egbema do not agree to be Igbos. Ahoada east are not pure Igbos.. Ogoni LGAS are KHANA, GO KHANA, TAI AND ELEME which gives them 4. The rest are Ijaws. You are seriously mad. . OKRIKA LGA, OGU/BOLO LGA, ANDONI LGA, OPOBO NKORO LGA, BONNY LGA, DEGEMA LGA, AKUKU TORU LGA, ASARI TORU LGA, AHOADA WEST LGA, ABUA ODUAL LGA.. You make the maths.
Re: How Did Ijaw Become The 4th Largest Ethnic Group by BlackPikiN(m): 3:16am On Sep 10, 2012
killayut:

So why are you guys who are not even from Rivers State always on about Rivers state issues ? WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY ? Pro Igbo LGAS in Rivers are IKWERE LGA, ETCHE LGA, EMOHUA LGA, OMUMA LGA, OGBA EGBEMA LGA AND AHOADA EAST LGA and OYIGBO LGA of which only Omuma, Ikwere and Etche and Emohua are the only pure Igbo LGAS. Oyigbo is shared between Ndoki and Ogoni people, Ogba Egbema do not agree to be Igbos. Ahoada east are not pure Igbos.. Ogoni LGAS are KHANA, GO KHANA, TAI AND ELEME which gives them 4. The rest are Ijaws. You are seriously mad. . OKRIKA LGA, OGU/BOLO LGA, ANDONI LGA, OPOBO NKORO LGA, BONNY LGA, DEGEMA LGA, AKUKU TORU LGA, ASARI TORU LGA, AHOADA WEST LGA, ABUA ODUAL LGA.. You make the maths.

So the egbema in IMO state no be Igbo. Odiegwu!
Re: How Did Ijaw Become The 4th Largest Ethnic Group by Nobody: 3:23am On Sep 10, 2012
Abagworo:

Yeah I know we are mates and we saw the 90s when Port Harcourt population suddenly increased. I sometimes wonder too but it is likely the Ikwerres assimilated many of their guests. I once had an encounter of a Calabar guy who people in Elekahia axis always considered Ikwerre until he had problem with the real indigenes.

Ibime, Thats what Igbo people do. They rush in to all those areas like Woji where there are no natives and because we call the places with Ikwere names the Igbo migrants simply stay there and share the land to themselves cos there's no one to challange them. Ask them to show us cemetry their forefathers used 20 yrs ago to prove they have been there since then. It is time to check this Igbo influx to Rivers state. They are crossing the Imo river to Ndoki and claiming land there as well. Very soon NDOKI land in Rivers state will have more people than the whole Imo state cos all the Abia Ngwa people are crossing to live there and claiming Ndoki.
Re: How Did Ijaw Become The 4th Largest Ethnic Group by BlackPikiN(m): 3:28am On Sep 10, 2012
killayut:

Ibime, Thats what Igbo people do. They rush in to all those areas like Woji where there are no natives and because we call the places with Ikwere names the Igbo migrants simply stay there and share the land to themselves cos there's no one to challange them. Ask them to show us cemetry their forefathers used 20 yrs ago to prove they have been there since then. It is time to check this Igbo influx to Rivers state. They are crossing the Imo river to Ndoki and claiming land there as well. Very soon NDOKI land in Rivers state will have more people than the whole Imo state cos all the Abia Ngwa people are crossing to live there and claiming Ndoki.

Is there no Ndoki in Abia south? Ehhh this boy u dey talk like a big f00l.

1 Like

Re: How Did Ijaw Become The 4th Largest Ethnic Group by dayokanu(m): 4:03am On Sep 10, 2012
BlackPikiN: One thing I have noticed from the Ijaw recently is that you all are a bunch of ingrates. Tuahh!

Please can you enlighten us on Ijaws should be grateful for? The gift of life or what?
Re: How Did Ijaw Become The 4th Largest Ethnic Group by DuduNegro: 7:26am On Sep 10, 2012
@op, Ijaw are your neighbors. There is no fourth majority, it is still three. If you are feeling the heat of their presence in your neck of the jungle its because you, ibos, are slipping away from your political rung on the ladder.

The question you ought to ask is........"how did Ijaw yank the rug from underneath their lord in the East"?
Re: How Did Ijaw Become The 4th Largest Ethnic Group by redsquare(m): 8:02am On Sep 10, 2012
One_Naira:

Uche Jumbo is from Abiriba, Abia State. She's not Ijaw or bonny.

If you do not believe Wikipedia, how about her own official website where it wrote so

http://www.uchejombotv.com/about.php?pg=1

killayut, you are a very big liar. Now, your lies have been exposed. Even Uche Jumbos personal website states that she is from Abriba Abia state, not that a give a damn where she comes from, yet you claimed she is from Bonny just because her surname is Jumbo. Now we know who is claiming who. Ijaws are just bunch of lazy fools. What else do you guys do if not drinking kai kai and fishing?

1 Like

Re: How Did Ijaw Become The 4th Largest Ethnic Group by Nobody: 8:40am On Sep 10, 2012
killayut:

bros np vex! its not only 3million ijaws in rivers, they are 10million ijaws in kano grin grin are you happy now? fourth largest tribe my foot! when i hear a hausa man speak i know, when i hear an igbo man speak i know, when i hear a yoruba man speak i know, when i hear a calabar man speak i know, when i hear a tiv man speak i know! but i don't know jack in ijaw language and they are your fourth largest tribe grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: How Did Ijaw Become The 4th Largest Ethnic Group by Afam4eva(m): 8:44am On Sep 10, 2012
killayut:

So, Jumbo is an Ijaw name? Are you guys Europeans or slaves? You're not even ashamed of yourself.
Re: How Did Ijaw Become The 4th Largest Ethnic Group by Demdem(m): 8:47am On Sep 10, 2012
torkaka:

bros np vex! its not only 3million ijaws in rivers, they are 10million ijaws in kano grin grin are you happy now? fourth largest tribe my foot! when i hear a hausa man speak i know, when i hear an igbo man speak i know, when i hear a yoruba man speak i know, when i hear a calabar man speak i know, when i hear a tiv man speak i know! but i don't know jack in ijaw language and they are your fourth largest tribe grin grin grin

Abegii free the guy, he doesnt know what he is talking about. 3million Ijaws in rivers grin grin grin
Re: How Did Ijaw Become The 4th Largest Ethnic Group by ijawcitizen(m): 9:14am On Sep 10, 2012
Here is my population analysis of ijaw residing within the niger delta. 1. DELTA STATE (2.8 million), more than a million in Warri & enviorons alone. 2. Bayelsa (3.5) i'm actually challenging the census figures that said that a state like jigawa is more populous than Delta state amonst other outrangeous inconsistences. 3. Rivers and Akwa Ibom (3 million) 4. Ondo & Edo (1.5 million) 5. Elsewhere around the country (7 million) 6. Overseas & diaspora (5 million). I want to point out here that these are not inflated figures but a true reflection of the reality. If you feel like opposing these figures, go ahead but I'd advice you do a proper & unbiased investigation rather than take up a personal and layman stand. Shalom!
Re: How Did Ijaw Become The 4th Largest Ethnic Group by Afam4eva(m): 9:18am On Sep 10, 2012
ijaw citizen: Here is my population analysis of ijaw residing within the niger delta. 1. DELTA STATE (2.8 million), more than a million in Warri & enviorons alone. 2. Bayelsa (3.5) i'm actually challenging the census figures that said that a state like jigawa is more populous than Delta state amonst other outrangeous inconsistences. 3. Rivers and Akwa Ibom (3 million) 4. Ondo & Edo (1.5 million) 5. Elsewhere around the country (7 million) 6. Overseas & diaspora (5 million). I want to point out here that these are not inflated figures but a true reflection of the reality. If you feel like opposing these figures, go ahead but I'd advice you do a proper & unbiased investigation rather than take up a personal and layman stand. Shalom!
If Ijaws are 2.8 million in Delta state, then it means DElta Igbos, Urhobos, Isokos and Itsekiris share the remaining 1.2 million. Wow, i never knew Ijaws were the majority in Delta state.
Re: How Did Ijaw Become The 4th Largest Ethnic Group by Nobody: 9:25am On Sep 10, 2012
ijaw citizen: Here is my population analysis of ijaw residing within the niger delta. 1. DELTA STATE (2.8 million), more than a million in Warri & enviorons alone. 2. Bayelsa (3.5) i'm actually challenging the census figures that said that a state like jigawa is more populous than Delta state amonst other outrangeous inconsistences. 3. Rivers and Akwa Ibom (3 million) 4. Ondo & Edo (1.5 million) 5. Elsewhere around the country (7 million) 6. Overseas & diaspora (5 million). I want to point out here that these are not inflated figures but a true reflection of the reality. If you feel like opposing these figures, go ahead but I'd advice you do a proper & unbiased investigation rather than take up a personal and layman stand. Shalom!

chief, just because others dispute the jigawa figures doesn't mean every tom,dick and harry can make noise! they are 1.3million ijaws in bayelsa,800thousand in delta,50thousand in akwa ibom,300thousand in rivers, 60thousand in edo and ondo combined and elsewhere in the country about 100thousand (we all know they don't move out)

1 Like

Re: How Did Ijaw Become The 4th Largest Ethnic Group by ENDUNANA(m): 9:31am On Sep 10, 2012
[color=#990000][/color] I CAN SEE YOU GUYS DONT HAVE ANIFIN IMPORTANT TO TALK ABOUT, WAT DOSE IJAW BEING D 4TH LAGEST ETHNIC GROUP HAS TO DO WIT THE NATIONS DEVELOPMENT? WE SHOULD BE TALKING ABOUT THE INTRODUCTION OF D NEW 5K NOTE AND NOT WHO IS LAGEST OR NOT
Re: How Did Ijaw Become The 4th Largest Ethnic Group by DuduNegro: 9:59am On Sep 10, 2012
Demdem:

Abegii free the guy, he doesnt know what he is talking about. 3million Ijaws in rivers grin grin grin

.......hahahaha, they have a bad model to thank for their new and exploding population swell. yanmiris have scored some home runs recently by posting unsubstantiated and unofficial numbers. It has gone largely uncontested and slowly the lie became the truth. If it worked for Ibo, sure it will work for the Ijaws. You wonder why they are becoming a power house in the East.......they are using a tactic they borrowed from you.

There is a liability in the outcome. Each will have to learn its own lessons in the aftermath.

O'dua is forging ahead.....may Sango strike our haters with the heaven rod.
Re: How Did Ijaw Become The 4th Largest Ethnic Group by sheyguy: 11:36am On Sep 10, 2012
Demdem:

3 million Ijaws in Rivers? Which of the Rivers please River Niger or Benue? . . . Lol
Re: How Did Ijaw Become The 4th Largest Ethnic Group by Nobody: 11:46am On Sep 10, 2012
sheyguy:
3 million Ijaws in Rivers? Which of the Rivers please River Niger or Benue? . . . Lol

I THINK THEY'RE TALKING ABOUT RIVER NILE grin grin grin
Re: How Did Ijaw Become The 4th Largest Ethnic Group by Nobody: 12:34pm On Sep 10, 2012
BlackPikiN:

Look here mehh,, Uche Jombo's Mom is from IMO state. When did Bonny Island and Opobo turn out to be exclusive Ijaw?

When we argue that almost the population of Bonny Island and Opobo are Igbos descendants, you go begin dey talk like ewu.

A different form of Igbo is spoken in Opobo and Bonny. U wanna deny it?

One thing I have noticed from the Ijaw recently is that you all are a bunch of ingrates. Tuahh!

Even Imo state natives are not exclusive Igbo people. Ike Nwachukwu is half Fulani and Half IGBO. So Bonny Having elements of Igbos would not change the AMAYANABO becoming an EZE. Bonny remains an Ijaw town period. AND JUMBO is an Ijaw name in Bonny. An Nkechi whose mom is from Enugu with a last name like AJUMOGOBIA could be called an ENUGU girl as well depending on her preference or where she grew up from. I think that is how Uche is.
Re: How Did Ijaw Become The 4th Largest Ethnic Group by Afam4eva(m): 12:41pm On Sep 10, 2012
killayut:

Even Imo state natives are not exclusive Igbo people. Ike Nwachukwu is half Fulani and Half IGBO. So Bonny Having elements of Igbos would not change the AMAYANABO becoming an EZE. Bonny remains an Ijaw town period. AND JUMBO is an Ijaw name in Bonny. An Nkechi whose mom is from Enugu with a last name like AJUMOGOBIA could be called an ENUGU girl as well depending on her preference or where she grew up from. I think that is how Uche is.
Uche is from Abriba in Abia state period. Btw, what does Jumbo mean in Ijaw language? Oya answer.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

Danladi Etsu Zhin Hotel Burnt Down By Thugs After APC Primaries In Abuja. Photos / Take Quit Notice Serious, MASSOB Warns Igbo / Policemen Invade Seun Kuti's House In Lagos, Arrest Family Member

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.