Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,286 members, 7,815,489 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:13 PM

How Did Ijaw Become The 4th Largest Ethnic Group - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Did Ijaw Become The 4th Largest Ethnic Group (41936 Views)

The 3 Largest Ethnic Groups Are Hausa,igbo,kanuri / The Fourth Largest Ethnic Group In Nigeria / Odumchi: Yorubas Are The Largest Ethnic Group In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Did Ijaw Become The 4th Largest Ethnic Group by ijawcitizen(m): 10:18pm On Sep 12, 2012
Ngodigha1:
Bingo, what is your problem in this thread, tell forumites how the ijaw became the 4th largest group in Nigeria or phuck off. Killayut has tried but failed woefully and was disgraced.
Now is your turn.
It is a pity that you're this irritating, I'm writing this reply not because I'm interested in exchanging words with you but because I'm moved with pity for ur level of intelligence. As for what you need to know, just search Ijaw on wikipedia, I think they could give about 40% of what you need to know about Ijaws. And if you really wanna cool ur "delusional history-manufacturing" head down and learn about Ijaw as told by an Ijaw man and not by what you imagine inside ur head pls refer to 'A History Of Niger Delta' by Prof. Ebiegberi Alagoa. Shalom!
Re: How Did Ijaw Become The 4th Largest Ethnic Group by Ngodigha1(m): 10:41pm On Sep 12, 2012
ijaw citizen: It is a pity that you're this irritating, I'm writing this reply not because I'm interested in exchanging words with you but because I'm moved with pity for ur level of intelligence. As for what you need to know, just search Ijaw on wikipedia, I think they could give about 40% of what you need to know about Ijaws. And if you really wanna cool ur "delusional history-manufacturing" head down and learn about Ijaw as told by an Ijaw man and not by what you imagine inside ur head pls refer to 'A History Of Niger Delta' by Prof. Ebiegberi Alagoa. Shalom!
Dude, seeing is believing. Nigerians have seen and believed that Ijaws have 2 local councils in Delta state, 2 in Rivers state Asari toru and akuku toru, 2 million in Bayelsa, 100 hundred thousand in Ondo state and 40,000 in Edo state as well as 30, 000 fishermen in Lagos state.
So how does this come up to the 4th largest group in Nigeria. Any one who thinks that ijaws are more than 5 million in Nigeria is not serious.
Re: How Did Ijaw Become The 4th Largest Ethnic Group by NRIPRIEST(m): 12:20am On Sep 13, 2012
Ijaws are not more than 3.5m with all the languages classified under her that isn't intelligible to one another. These ppl think they have arrived! We Igbo played an integral role in making one of you an interim president and Jonathan got 98% vote from Anambra,second largest after Bayelsa. You ppl stabbed us in the back at our most vulnerable and weakest time(abandoned properties) but we looked past that and threw our weight behind you when you needed our support. Today,some of you are running around insulting the Igbo! Ingrates! Every tribe whom her ppl has despised the Igbo will get their package in due time! What goes around comes around! There is time to weep and time to rejoice! The future is bright for the Igbo! Joy comes in the morning! Deme nu UMu-Igbo.
Re: How Did Ijaw Become The 4th Largest Ethnic Group by Onlytruth(m): 12:26am On Sep 13, 2012
NRI PRIEST: Ijaws are not more than 3.5m with all the languages classified under her that isn't intelligible to one another. These ppl think they have arrived! We Igbo played an integral role in making one of you an interim president and Jonathan got 98% vote from Anambra,second largest after Bayelsa. You ppl stabbed us in the back at our most vulnerable and weakest time(abandoned properties) but we looked past that and threw our weight behind you when you needed our support. Today,some of you are running around insulting the Igbo! Ingrates! Every tribe whom her ppl has despised the Igbo will get their package in due time! What goes around comes around! There is time to weep and time to rejoice! The future is bright for the Igbo! Joy comes in the morning! Deme nu UMu-Igbo.

Deme nwanne m! grin cool
Re: How Did Ijaw Become The 4th Largest Ethnic Group by Onlytruth(m): 12:46am On Sep 13, 2012
Okay, here is my take.

I often wonder why some Ijaw elements always feel like insulting the Igbo as if there is anything to contest. In my own book, the Ijaw are not among the largest tribes in the so called N. delta (never mind all these noise making). The jury may still be out regarding the true population of Ijaw in Nigeria, but I don't need anyone to prove to me that an antelope can never be of the same weight as an elephant (strictly speaking about size). In the Nigerian jungle, there are at least THREE elephants, many rhinos and hippos, and even many more buffalos. . . and then antelopes, and the list continues to descend in that order. IMHO, I would group Ijaw among the antelopes. Please no una no vex.

I recall vividly that Ohanaeze Ndigbo and Igbo leaders recommended to the FG during OBJ's "census", to the effect that tribes and languages should be included in the biometric forms of the census. I cannot recall the Ijaw making a similar demand during that exercise. Effective action is the most credible way of staking a claim. You cannot claim to be the 4th largest tribe in Nigeria, but when the opportunity shows up to push for a ratification or legalizing of such claim, you suddenly go silent.

On a completely different point, I would continue to advise you Ijaw to tone down your rhetoric and diatribal attack on Ndigbo in Nigeria, because you have no genuine grievance whatsoever against Ndigbo (if you tell yourselves the truth), while Ndigbo have a HUGE grievance which they are trying their best to forgive and forget. We have moved one step in that direction by supporting GEJ in 2011. Chances are that we will support him again in 2015, because we consider him one of us. Don't spoil this rapport developing between the two peoples because you make trip a wire.

He who has ears let him hear.
Re: How Did Ijaw Become The 4th Largest Ethnic Group by Johndoe100(m): 2:25am On Sep 13, 2012
NRI PRIEST: Ijaws are not more than 3.5m with all the languages classified under her that isn't intelligible to one another. These ppl think they have arrived! We Igbo played an integral role in making one of you an interim president and Jonathan got 98% vote from Anambra,second largest after Bayelsa. You ppl stabbed us in the back at our most vulnerable and weakest time(abandoned properties) but we looked past that and threw our weight behind you when you needed our support. Today,some of you are running around insulting the Igbo! Ingrates! Every tribe whom her ppl has despised the Igbo will get their package in due time! What goes around comes around! There is time to weep and time to rejoice! The future is bright for the Igbo! Joy comes in the morning! Deme nu UMu-Igbo.

Re: How Did Ijaw Become The 4th Largest Ethnic Group by DuduNegro: 2:49am On Sep 13, 2012
Whats the f..cking prkblem with ibos? You can inflate your population numbrrs but nobody else can? If Ijaw say they are 30 million, so be it......thats what they are 30million. You can counter them with your own number, just send them a reply that says ibo is 200 million. That should settle it.
Re: How Did Ijaw Become The 4th Largest Ethnic Group by Nobody: 5:54am On Sep 13, 2012
BlackPikiN:

Is there no Ndoki in Abia south? Ehhh this boy u dey talk like a big f00l.

LOL They are Ngwa claiming to be Ndoki. They do not even know the meaning of NDOKI trust me.
Re: How Did Ijaw Become The 4th Largest Ethnic Group by Nobody: 6:02am On Sep 13, 2012
BlackPikiN:

Look here mehh,, Uche Jombo's Mom is from IMO state. When did Bonny Island and Opobo turn out to be exclusive Ijaw?

When we argue that almost the population of Bonny Island and Opobo are Igbos descendants, you go begin dey talk like ewu.

A different form of Igbo is spoken in Opobo and Bonny. U wanna deny it?

One thing I have noticed from the Ijaw recently is that you all are a bunch of ingrates. Tuahh!

Shut up. You cant tell me my own history. You are not even a Rivers man. There is no Igbo family as in Igbo WARI or Igbo POLO in Bonny and OPOBO. the Igbos were absorbed by the Ijaw natives and given right to live. And there has never been any form of problem You dirty IGBO trouble makers always trying to cause trouble in other places. Leave Rivers state alone and face your Igbo states problems. Even Kenyans can not tell Obama that he is Kenyan anymore since he is in love with America. Bonny / Opobo/ Kalabari Igbos are in love with their Ijaw root now so face your front. You can never have an inch of Ijaw land so stop wasting your time. Silly
Re: How Did Ijaw Become The 4th Largest Ethnic Group by Nobody: 6:05am On Sep 13, 2012
afam4eva:
So, Jumbo is an Ijaw name? Are you guys Europeans or slaves? You're not even ashamed of yourself.

Ignorant.. Jombo ( OKO JUMBO ) is not European name. I will never tell you the real name just remain in your ignorance and continue to be a fool.
Re: How Did Ijaw Become The 4th Largest Ethnic Group by Nobody: 6:12am On Sep 13, 2012
Ngodigha1:
Egbema means egbe (gun)and mma (knife) Egbema people int he past are great hunters and farmers who use guns and knives, that is how they derive their name. They are Igbo to the core.
There are no Ijaws in Imo state, Abia state,Akwa Ibom and Cross River states.
Stop formenting trouble,mr Ijaw .

So the people were formed before they got a name ? Before they started hunting they never had a name abi ? You can also see your stupidity. Try again cos your answer is wrong..LOL
Re: How Did Ijaw Become The 4th Largest Ethnic Group by Nobody: 6:13am On Sep 13, 2012
Dede1:

Jumbo is Ijo. Even Peterside, Pepple, Greene, Princewill, Graham, Douglas and Stewart are Ijo in Bonny. What about Bonny? I guess self denial only leads to madness.

Jumbo is not European just as JAJA is also not European. They are all Ijaw words and I wont tell you their original words.
Re: How Did Ijaw Become The 4th Largest Ethnic Group by Nobody: 6:18am On Sep 13, 2012
Dede1:

I guess idiocy knows no boundary. It is very funny to watch the sons and daughters of shameless denial artists make fool of themselves in public. Opu Obu is Igbo and sometime the compound of Mazi Opu Obu is referred as Ama Opu Obu which was later twisted to Opubo Ama by delusional name changers. I know that days are yet to come when Obigbo that has been changed to Oyigbo will become Ijo. What can be more idiotic than to insinuate that Jojo is Ijo. The word Jojo originates from Akwuette\Ndoki in Ukwa East LGA. I have also head about Ogan Ama, Amadi Ama and Okolo ama which were Ama Ogan, Ama Amadi and Ama Okolo. Remember the word Okolo is the same thing as Okoro in certain Igbo dialect.

In Opu Obu, the word Opu is uzo or okpo or okporo or door as in house or in some cases road as in community while Obu is Obi or Ulo or house.

This monkey is a bigger fool.. Opobo people left Bonny ( Okoloma ) when their leader Jaja had dispute with the Manila Pepple house over leadership . Jaja himself was the leader of the Opubo Ana pepple house. By the way Pepple means Perekule. The OPUBO ANA PEPPLE house led by JAJA moved to a new settlement and call it OPUBO AMA.. The Europeans spelt it OPOBO AMA or OPOBO town.
Re: How Did Ijaw Become The 4th Largest Ethnic Group by BlackPikiN(m): 8:52am On Sep 13, 2012
killayut:

Shut up. You cant tell me my own history. You are not even a Rivers man. There is no Igbo family as in Igbo WARI or Igbo POLO in Bonny and OPOBO. the Igbos were absorbed by the Ijaw natives and given right to live. And there has never been any form of problem You dirty IGBO trouble makers always trying to cause trouble in other places. Leave Rivers state alone and face your Igbo states problems. Even Kenyans can not tell Obama that he is Kenyan anymore since he is in love with America. Bonny / Opobo/ Kalabari Igbos are in love with their Ijaw root now so face your front. You can never have an inch of Ijaw land so stop wasting your time. Silly

Are you maddd?

Who needs ur land?

Get this into.ur skull, Igbo founded some settlements in presentday Rivers state.

The truth is bitter.

Asari Dokubo confirmed it.
Jaja of opobo confirmed it.
Nwaotam dance in Bonny island is also a confirmation of strong Igbo presence in ur household.
E dey pain you, chop.shiitt!
Re: How Did Ijaw Become The 4th Largest Ethnic Group by ijawcitizen(m): 8:59am On Sep 13, 2012
Ngodigha1:
Dude, seeing is believing. Nigerians have seen and believed that Ijaws have 2 local councils in Delta state, 2 in Rivers state Asari toru and akuku toru, 2 million in Bayelsa, 100 hundred thousand in Ondo state and 40,000 in Edo state as well as 30, 000 fishermen in Lagos state.
So how does this come up to the 4th largest group in Nigeria. Any one who thinks that ijaws are more than 5 million in Nigeria is not serious.
I wont be tired of correcting ur delusions until you're making some little in a rational direction. I. ONDO- A local government area (Ese-Odo) with residual indigenous communities in Ilaje lga and okitipupa ares. 2. Edo- (0.3) Indigenous communities in Ovia south-west, Ovia north-east and Ikpoba-Okha lgas 3. Delta State- (4.3 lgas) burutu, bomadi, patani, warri south-west local govt. areas with indegenous communities in warri south, warri north & ughelli south lgas 4. Bayelsa- All of bayelsa. 5. Rivers-(9.2) asari toru, akuku toru, okrika, degema, ogu-bolo, bonny, andonni, Opobo-Nkoroo, Abua-odua with indigenous communities in Ahoada west & Port harcourt lgas. 6. Akwa Ibom- (2) eastern obolo & Ibeno lgas. I hope this will educate you a little bit. You see, it is really easy to put ur mind down to learn new things. Shalom!
Re: How Did Ijaw Become The 4th Largest Ethnic Group by ijawcitizen(m): 9:23am On Sep 13, 2012
only truth said [I recall vividly that Ohanaeze Ndigbo and Igbo leaders
recommended to the FG during OBJ's "census", to the effect
that tribes and languages should be included in the biometric
forms of the census. I cannot recall the Ijaw making a similar
demand during that exercise.] make inquiry into 1962/63, 1973 and 1991 census and find out for your self if tribes and languages were not included. Thats how Ijaw got their figures so go to school and learn. your ignorance was caused by exam malpractices
Re: How Did Ijaw Become The 4th Largest Ethnic Group by Ngodigha1(m): 9:27am On Sep 13, 2012
ijaw citizen: I wont be tired of correcting ur delusions until you're making some little in a rational direction. I. ONDO- A local government area (Ese-Odo) with residual indigenous communities in Ilaje lga and okitipupa ares. 2. Edo- (0.3) Indigenous communities in Ovia south-west, Ovia north-east and Ikpoba-Okha lgas 3. Delta State- (4.3 lgas) burutu, bomadi, patani, warri south-west local govt. areas with indegenous communities in warri south, warri north & ughelli south lgas 4. Bayelsa- All of bayelsa. 5. Rivers-(9.2) asari toru, akuku toru, okrika, degema, ogu-bolo, bonny, andonni, Opobo-Nkoroo, Abua-odua with indigenous communities in Ahoada west & Port harcourt lgas. 6. Akwa Ibom- (2) eastern obolo & Ibeno lgas. I hope this will educate you a little bit. You see, it is really easy to put ur mind down to learn new things. Shalom!
There is no Ijaw in Akwa Ibom. There were tiny bit of Ijaw in Cross River area (now Akwa Ibom) but the boundary adjustment of Mamman Nasri brought those few communities in to Rivers state.
In Rivers state, Apart from Asari Toru and Akuku Toru, all other areas you claimed as Ijaw are not Ijaw. They are Kalabari and they are recognised as Kalabari by the Nigerian constitution. You guys should not attempt to swallow them.
In Edo state, THE iJAW THERE ARE NOT MORE THAN 40,000. It is wrong for the Ijaws to claim Igbo and Kalabari people in Rivers state as Ijaws.
Re: How Did Ijaw Become The 4th Largest Ethnic Group by Ngodigha1(m): 9:33am On Sep 13, 2012
killayut:

So the people were formed before they got a name ? Before they started hunting they never had a name abi ? You can also see your stupidity. Try again cos your answer is wrong..LOL
Monkey, your own Egbema in Edo state is not same as the one in Imo state. I have detailed you about Egbema and you are still here chatting bollocks. How are you going to justify the fact that Igbo people of Egbema are not pure Igbos. Dude, you are a brain-dead fool.
Former IGP Mike Okiro is from Egbema and a member of Aka Ikenga, would you go and tell him that he is Ijaw?.
Get a life fool.
Re: How Did Ijaw Become The 4th Largest Ethnic Group by ijawcitizen(m): 9:53am On Sep 13, 2012
Dede1:

I guess idiocy knows no boundary. It is very funny to watch the sons and daughters of shameless denial artists make fool of themselves in public. Opu Obu is Igbo and sometime the compound of Mazi Opu Obu is referred as Ama Opu Obu which was later twisted to Opubo Ama by delusional name changers. I know that days are yet to come when Obigbo that has been changed to Oyigbo will become Ijo. What can be more idiotic than to insinuate that Jojo is Ijo. The word Jojo originates from Akwuette\Ndoki in Ukwa East LGA. I have also head about Ogan Ama, Amadi Ama and Okolo ama which were Ama Ogan, Ama Amadi and Ama Okolo. Remember the word Okolo is the same thing as Okoro in certain Igbo dialect.

In Opu Obu, the word Opu is uzo or okpo or okporo or door as in house or in some cases road as in community while Obu is Obi or Ulo or house.
OMG! I laugh in Efik! pls lemme help you with more conversions. (chi)mezie〓mieye, okoye〓owoye, ejike〓ekiye, chima〓sima, dozie〓douye, okoye 〓kokoye, adugo〓darego or adango, udoma 〓boma, duru〓diri, ebere〓ebiere, amaka〓tamara, ikenna〓tekena, okeke〓wakirike, okocha〓okochiri or okokiri..........just think of any other, the key is, if it sounds similar, it must have an igbo origin. but seriously, when will you start thinking like a matured person, your level of irritation is just increasing by the day, God help you!
Re: How Did Ijaw Become The 4th Largest Ethnic Group by ijawcitizen(m): 10:12am On Sep 13, 2012
Ngodigha1:
In Rivers state, Apart from Asari Toru and Akuku Toru, all other areas you claimed as Ijaw are not Ijaw. They are Kalabari and they are recognised as Kalabari by the Nigerian constitution. You guys should not attempt to swallow them.
In Edo state, THE iJAW THERE ARE NOT MORE THAN 40,000. It is wrong for the Ijaws to claim Igbo and Kalabari people in Rivers state as Ijaws.
Mr Ngodigha aka gold digger, you simply dont learn to correct your ignorance. To prove to the world that you're truely ignorant, Asari toru & Akuku toru you mentioned above as the only ijaw lga in rivers state are actually owned by the kalabaris. Kalabari is a sub-clan of Ijaw just like the ngwas, mbaise, etche, ikwerre, ukwani are to the igbos. it is these clans that make up igbo as such there is no particular clan by name igbo. About the Ijaws, they is no particular clan by name IJAW, it is actually these clans- kalabari, okrika, nembe, Ibani, andonni, mein, sagbama, ogbia etc that make up ijaw. Grow up son, you've embarrassed the igbos too much already.
Re: How Did Ijaw Become The 4th Largest Ethnic Group by Abagworo(m): 10:33am On Sep 13, 2012
ijaw citizen: I wont be tired of correcting ur delusions until you're making some little in a rational direction. I. ONDO- A local government area (Ese-Odo) with residual indigenous communities in Ilaje lga and okitipupa ares. 2. Edo- (0.3) Indigenous communities in Ovia south-west, Ovia north-east and Ikpoba-Okha lgas 3. Delta State- (4.3 lgas) burutu, bomadi, patani, warri south-west local govt. areas with indegenous communities in warri south, warri north & ughelli south lgas 4. Bayelsa- All of bayelsa. 5. Rivers-(9.2) asari toru, akuku toru, okrika, degema, ogu-bolo, bonny, andonni, Opobo-Nkoroo, Abua-odua with indigenous communities in Ahoada west & Port harcourt lgas. 6. Akwa Ibom- (2) eastern obolo & Ibeno lgas. I hope this will educate you a little bit. You see, it is really easy to put ur mind down to learn new things. Shalom!

@bolded. It is pathetic that you would believe there isn't anyone with knowledge of languages and ethnic composition of Rivers State. To start with there is officially no Ijaw in Rivers State as each of those riverine groups exist independently as Ibani, Okrika and Kalabari. If we can call them Ijaw then Rivers State becomes almost 70% Igbo as Ikwerre, Ogba, Ndoki, Egbema, Ndoni, Etche and Omuma are by far majority followed by Ogoni(+Eleme) before the Ijaw amalgamated group. That you could go as far as claiming Abua-Odual, Degema and Andoni that have not a single thing in common with Ijaw is very disappointing. None of them speaks anything related to Ijaw. Obolo people are more Akwaibom than Rivers in terms of language and culture. More of Efik corrupted mostly with Igbo and little Ijaw.

Kalabari, Okrika and Ibani can be considered Ijaw but no other group in Rivers can.

@topic, Nigeria's population is as fraudulent and inaccurate as the UN backing it. We do not know the population of Igbo, Ijaw, Hausa, Efik etc and we don't even know the true population of Nigeria so anyone can claim anything until we achieve accurate population census.
Re: How Did Ijaw Become The 4th Largest Ethnic Group by Abagworo(m): 10:48am On Sep 13, 2012
ijaw citizen: Mr Ngodigha aka gold digger, you simply dont learn to correct your ignorance. To prove to the world that you're truely ignorant, Asari toru & Akuku toru you mentioned above as the only ijaw lga in rivers state are actually owned by the kalabaris. Kalabari is a sub-clan of Ijaw just like the ngwas, mbaise, etche, ikwerre, ukwani are to the igbos. it is these clans that make up igbo as such there is no particular clan by name igbo. About the Ijaws, they is no particular clan by name IJAW, it is actually these clans- kalabari, okrika, nembe, Ibani, andonni, mein, sagbama, ogbia etc that make up ijaw. Grow up son, you've embarrassed the igbos too much already.

Actually there is a group known as Izon(Ijaw) who reside in Delta and Bayelsa States. In my personal view, I see most of the riverine peoples as Ijaw but most of them view themselves differently. I do have knowledge of this as I have relatives from Nembe whom I fall out with whenever I call them Ijaw. They dislike Ijaws and I also noticed same with Kalabari friends. In all honesty, I think you guys are more divided than Igbos for a reason I don't understand but I just believe it resulted from deliberate balkanization by both colonial, pre-war and post-war Nigerian politics aimed at controlling the people and resources. Part of the systemic control of you guys is lying to you that Igbos want to take over your land or dominate you because our unity in the past during the oil Rivers era produced a great economic advancement. Do you think we are not suffering from the same systemic balkanization and resource restriction? Our forefathers lived and traded together without all these coming up. Many Ijaws were absorbed in Igboland while many Igbos were absorbed in Ijawland and we continue to inter-marry till date.
Re: How Did Ijaw Become The 4th Largest Ethnic Group by Nobody: 11:52am On Sep 13, 2012
Ngodigha1:

Bonny LGA and Okrika LGA in Rivers is are Ijaw LGsA. This is Bonny language dictionary... http://www.rogerblench.info/Language/Niger-Congo/Ijoid/Ibani/Ibani-English%20dictionary.pdf

and This is Okrika Language dictionary. See that the both dialect are the same... http://www.rogerblench.info/Language/Niger-Congo/Ijoid/Kirike/KIRIKE%20dictionary.pdf
Re: How Did Ijaw Become The 4th Largest Ethnic Group by Nobody: 11:55am On Sep 13, 2012
BlackPikiN:

Are you maddd?

Who needs ur land?

Get this into.ur skull, Igbo founded some settlements in presentday Rivers state.

The truth is bitter.

Asari Dokubo confirmed it.

Goat.. Asari go kill you if him catch you for this lie.. And stop wishing we are Igbos. Stop claiming us you dimwit .
Jaja of opobo confirmed it.
Nwaotam dance in Bonny island is also a confirmation of strong Igbo presence in ur household.
E dey pain you, chop.shiitt!
Re: How Did Ijaw Become The 4th Largest Ethnic Group by Nobody: 11:59am On Sep 13, 2012
Ngodigha1:
There is no Ijaw in Akwa Ibom. There were tiny bit of Ijaw in Cross River area (now Akwa Ibom) but the boundary adjustment of Mamman Nasri brought those few communities in to Rivers state.

Shut up I am KALABARI and KALABARI are 200% Igbos. Stop being stupid.
Re: How Did Ijaw Become The 4th Largest Ethnic Group by Afam4eva(m): 12:02pm On Sep 13, 2012
killayut:

Re: How Did Ijaw Become The 4th Largest Ethnic Group by Nobody: 12:04pm On Sep 13, 2012
Ngodigha1:
Monkey, your own Egbema in Edo state is not same as the one in Imo state. I have detailed you about Egbema and you are still here chatting bollocks. How are you going to justify the fact that Igbo people of Egbema are not pure Igbos. Dude, you are a brain-dead fool.
Former IGP Mike Okiro is from Egbema and a member of Aka Ikenga, would you go and tell him that he is Ijaw?.
Get a life fool.

Monkey. Are you Ngwa Igbos not rushing and migrating to Oyigbo, Ndoki and even deep inside Port Harcourt in Rivers state ? When you run away from your NRI land to other people's land you claim the place after years and start confusion like you are doing now. What makes you think MIKE OKIRO'S FOREFTHERS did not migrate to that land years ago ? This is why HAUSA PEOPLE want you to leave their land.
Re: How Did Ijaw Become The 4th Largest Ethnic Group by Nobody: 12:10pm On Sep 13, 2012
ijaw citizen: OMG! I laugh in Efik! pls lemme help you with more conversions. (chi)mezie〓mieye, okoye〓owoye, ejike〓ekiye, chima〓sima, dozie〓douye, okoye 〓kokoye, adugo〓darego or adango, udoma 〓boma, duru〓diri, ebere〓ebiere, amaka〓tamara, ikenna〓tekena, okeke〓wakirike, okocha〓okochiri or okokiri..........just think of any other, the key is, if it sounds similar, it must have an igbo origin. but seriously, when will you start thinking like a matured person, your level of irritation is just increasing by the day, God help you!

This dude is gay.. Our names are not words you punk. Those names are phrases..eg Mieye= Mien- nye= Something to do or some thing done.. Tekena = Teke nah= originally Teghe Na = to answer prayer. TAMARA= goddess. EBIERE=EBI-ERE=PRETTY WOMAN or GOOD WOMAN. BOMA= BLESSING and so on... IGBO punk.
Re: How Did Ijaw Become The 4th Largest Ethnic Group by cantell(m): 12:15pm On Sep 13, 2012
killayut:

Bros, i don't think so. Kalabaris are not Igbos.
Re: How Did Ijaw Become The 4th Largest Ethnic Group by Nobody: 12:16pm On Sep 13, 2012
Abagworo:

@bolded. It is pathetic that you would believe there isn't anyone with knowledge of languages and ethnic composition of Rivers State. To start with there is officially no Ijaw in Rivers State as each of those riverine groups exist independently as Ibani, Okrika and Kalabari. If we can call them Ijaw then Rivers State becomes almost 70% Igbo as Ikwerre, Ogba, Ndoki, Egbema, Ndoni, Etche and Omuma are by far majority followed by Ogoni(+Eleme) before the Ijaw amalgamated group. That you could go as far as claiming Abua-Odual, Degema and Andoni that have not a single thing in common with Ijaw is very disappointing. None of them speaks anything related to Ijaw. Obolo people are more Akwaibom than Rivers in terms of language and culture. More of Efik corrupted mostly with Igbo and little Ijaw.

Kalabari, Okrika and Ibani can be considered Ijaw but no other group in Rivers can.

@topic, Nigeria's population is as fraudulent and inaccurate as the UN backing it. We do not know the population of Igbo, Ijaw, Hausa, Efik etc and we don't even know the true population of Nigeria so anyone can claim anything until we achieve accurate population census.

Ogba ,Ndoki, EGBEMA are one people under one LGA OGBA EGBEMA LGA and they are ORASHI IGBOS. go and find out the KALABARI influence in Ogba Egbema and learn their history. The first gin they drank was given to them by KALABARI people and KALABARI colonized them and this is why many of them today have KALABARI names cos their population is made up of atleast 20% KALABARI Ijaw. lol.. this guy is a fool.
Re: How Did Ijaw Become The 4th Largest Ethnic Group by Nobody: 12:18pm On Sep 13, 2012
Abagworo:

Actually there is a group known as Izon(Ijaw) who reside in Delta and Bayelsa States. In my personal view, I see most of the riverine peoples as Ijaw but most of them view themselves differently. I do have knowledge of this as I have relatives from Nembe whom I fall out with whenever I call them Ijaw. They dislike Ijaws and I also noticed same with Kalabari friends. In all honesty, I think you guys are more divided than Igbos for a reason I don't understand but I just believe it resulted from deliberate balkanization by both colonial, pre-war and post-war Nigerian politics aimed at controlling the people and resources. Part of the systemic control of you guys is lying to you that Igbos want to take over your land or dominate you because our unity in the past during the oil Rivers era produced a great economic advancement. Do you think we are not suffering from the same systemic balkanization and resource restriction? Our forefathers lived and traded together without all these coming up. Many Ijaws were absorbed in Igboland while many Igbos were absorbed in Ijawland and we continue to inter-marry till date.

Shut up you are the ones trying hard to divide us to no avail. Ijaws are never divided and will never be divided. We are getting stronger by the day and very soon you ll hear about us proper.
Re: How Did Ijaw Become The 4th Largest Ethnic Group by Ufeolorun(m): 12:40pm On Sep 13, 2012
Clan wars already shocked grin grin grin cheesy .Nigeria is still alive niyen oo by the time you get what you want 'gbogbo iya ni'.tamara ma ta (sell) ikenna,tekena ma te(match)Okorie paa grin grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

Pls, Who Have An Idea About Alliance In Motion Global (AIM)? / Maria Saro-Wiwa Is Dead! Ken Saro-Wiwa’s Wife Dies (Photos) / Akin Ambode Releases His Resume To Silence His Critics In Politics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 106
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.