Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,208 members, 7,815,221 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:13 AM

How Did Ijaw Become The 4th Largest Ethnic Group - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Did Ijaw Become The 4th Largest Ethnic Group (41931 Views)

The 3 Largest Ethnic Groups Are Hausa,igbo,kanuri / The Fourth Largest Ethnic Group In Nigeria / Odumchi: Yorubas Are The Largest Ethnic Group In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Did Ijaw Become The 4th Largest Ethnic Group by BlackPikiN(m): 6:00pm On Sep 10, 2012
killayut:

Even Imo state natives are not exclusive Igbo people. Ike Nwachukwu is half Fulani and Half IGBO. So Bonny Having elements of Igbos would not change the AMAYANABO becoming an EZE. Bonny remains an Ijaw town period. AND JUMBO is an Ijaw name in Bonny. An Nkechi whose mom is from Enugu with a last name like AJUMOGOBIA could be called an ENUGU girl as well depending on her preference or where she grew up from. I think that is how Uche is.

Are you this stoppoid?

Uche is from Abiriba and her mom from imo state!
Re: How Did Ijaw Become The 4th Largest Ethnic Group by Ngodigha1(m): 6:16pm On Sep 10, 2012
Killayut you must be the biggest fool from the creek. If you say Egbema in Rivers state are not pure Igbos, how about Egbemas in Imo state?. Mind you lazy fool, Ike Nwachukwu is not from Imo state but Abia state. He was even a senator representing Abia north recently. Get a life poor boy.

1 Like

Re: How Did Ijaw Become The 4th Largest Ethnic Group by Chyz2: 6:47pm On Sep 10, 2012
Imo state, the heartland of Igboland, is not exclusively Igbo? What is it Kalabari too? lolololool

Dude Bonny and Opobo people are not Ijaw. Get hat through you thick skull, Tom Briggs. The people in Opobo speak Igbo, are Igbo by blood, and are rule an Igbo king yet you say they are Ijaw? lolol

You better stick to claiming your yoruba brothers and stay off of Igboland. There is nothing like Ijaw in Rivers State.
Re: How Did Ijaw Become The 4th Largest Ethnic Group by Ngodigha1(m): 8:48pm On Sep 10, 2012
Asari toru and akuku toru are the only Ijaw local councils in rivers state. About 300,000 people.
Re: How Did Ijaw Become The 4th Largest Ethnic Group by aljharem(m): 9:37pm On Sep 10, 2012
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin grin grin grin grin afam o !!!!! no kill pesin grin grin grin

Oya Killayut wetin Jumbo mean for Ijaw

Wetin Uche mean for Ijaw. haba this one too much
Re: How Did Ijaw Become The 4th Largest Ethnic Group by dayokanu(m): 9:42pm On Sep 10, 2012
^^ Alj harem

Which ID were you using for the past 4-5 weeks? I have been trying to locate you, What of fstranger which ID does he use nowadays
Re: How Did Ijaw Become The 4th Largest Ethnic Group by aljharem(m): 9:46pm On Sep 10, 2012
dayokanu: ^^ Alj harem

Which ID were you using for the past 4-5 weeks? I have been trying to locate you, What of fstranger which ID does he use nowadays

am not using any other ID egbon. I have just been very busy thats why. I have been reading but not posting

fstranger i don dey look for am since grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: How Did Ijaw Become The 4th Largest Ethnic Group by Johndoe100(m): 9:51pm On Sep 10, 2012
I see the vampires and hungry ibo's are out in force in this thread. You guys are just lame. Let me help you out everything south of Zamfara is ibo. The Sultan of Sokoto is an ibo man in disguise. And yes Lagos was originally ibo and the Yoruba people took it over while you the real ibo owners were out on a kidnapping raid in Republic of Benin.

Stooopid people.
Re: How Did Ijaw Become The 4th Largest Ethnic Group by aljharem(m): 10:11pm On Sep 10, 2012
Killayut btw you are wrong about Lagos. You can claim Lagos but stop I mean stop changing her history.

Ijaws are not the first to claim and una no go be the last. Its not pride of we Awori/Ogu (Yorubas) but its just the way things role grin grin grin grin

On a serious note, claim and contest we Yorubas dont mind so long as you are not tribalistic and you are God fearing knowing what goes around comes around. You are free. smiley

Now you mentioned kirikiri which has no english meaning but the best I can describe it to in yoruba is "random or walk about etc". Olodi means opposite or against in yoruba. As for the Apapa thing, it has no meaning but just like other words like Oyo whats the meaning but certainly not Ijaw. Hausas have even been to Lagos way before Ijaws and Igbos. This is history first hand not google. I am a proper lagosian royal household and Killayut your lies they kill us here for Lagos oh grin grin grin grin

But at the end of the day, vanity upon vanity. Yeah Ijaws can own Lagos for all we care, just treat us Your Yoruba neighbours nice and we would live in peace. smiley Thanks my brother hope to see you soon in the next eyo festival or the Ogu festical in badagry. smiley Greet mama uncle Tom for me

1 Like

Re: How Did Ijaw Become The 4th Largest Ethnic Group by OneNaira6: 10:17pm On Sep 10, 2012
killayut:

So why are you guys who are not even from Rivers State always on about Rivers state issues ? WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY ? Pro Igbo LGAS in Rivers are IKWERE LGA, ETCHE LGA, EMOHUA LGA, OMUMA LGA, OGBA EGBEMA LGA AND AHOADA EAST LGA and OYIGBO LGA of which only Omuma, Ikwere and Etche and Emohua are the only pure Igbo LGAS. Oyigbo is shared between Ndoki and Ogoni people, Ogba Egbema do not agree to be Igbos. Ahoada east angry are not pure Igbos.. Ogoni LGAS are KHANA, GO KHANA, TAI AND ELEME which gives them 4. The rest are Ijaws. You are seriously mad. . OKRIKA LGA, OGU/BOLO LGA, ANDONI LGA, OPOBO NKORO LGA, BONNY LGA, DEGEMA LGA, AKUKU TORU LGA, ASARI TORU LGA, AHOADA WEST LGA, ABUA ODUAL LGA.. You make the maths.

I laugh in chinese. Ho ho ho ho ho. So what happened to there is no Igbo group in river state? See how una don expose una own lies for hea. Chei, maybe the rest of us should follow river igbo step. Every lie upon them get exposed without their interaction. Ha ha ho ho ho. I laugh tire. Oh well no be you wey claim am but non-ijaw, non-igbo, non-river group and the multiple id buffon so i can't really laugh too hard but still ho ho ho ho ho smiley smiley

2 Likes

Re: How Did Ijaw Become The 4th Largest Ethnic Group by OneNaira6: 10:17pm On Sep 10, 2012
Double post
Re: How Did Ijaw Become The 4th Largest Ethnic Group by OneNaira6: 10:21pm On Sep 10, 2012
killayut:

Even Imo state natives are not exclusive Igbo people. Ike Nwachukwu is half Fulani and Half IGBO. So Bonny Having elements of Igbos would not change the AMAYANABO becoming an EZE. Bonny remains an Ijaw town period. AND JUMBO is an Ijaw name in Bonny. An Nkechi whose mom is from Enugu with a last name like AJUMOGOBIA could be called an ENUGU girl as well depending on her preference or where she grew up from. I think that is how Uche is.

Chineke meeeee. The lady is an Abia state indigenous. Leave the chick alone sha.
Re: How Did Ijaw Become The 4th Largest Ethnic Group by Ngodigha1(m): 10:30pm On Sep 10, 2012
Johndoe100: I see the vampires and hungry ibo's are out in force in this thread. You guys are just lame. Let me help you out everything south of Zamfara is ibo. The Sultan of Sokoto is an ibo man in disguise. And yes Lagos was originally ibo and the Yoruba people took it over while you the real ibo owners were out on a kidnapping raid in Republic of Benin.

Stooopid people.
Piggy, your cowardice has no limits. You only surface when Igbo igbo or ndigbo is mentioned. Why are you cowards always afraid of the yorubas. Sbeezy, Dayo, A.Harem are all yorubas and none of you cowards have bothered to write a rebbuttal to their claims. You fools are lucky yorubas are not your neigbours in the east or else they would have chased you fools out of the creeks and into the atlantic ocean. Fools.
Re: How Did Ijaw Become The 4th Largest Ethnic Group by aljharem(m): 11:05pm On Sep 10, 2012
Ngodigha1:
Piggy, your cowardice has no limits. You only surface when Igbo igbo or ndigbo is mentioned. Why are you cowards always afraid of the yorubas. Sbeezy, Dayo, A.Harem are all yorubas and none of you cowards have bothered to write a rebbuttal to their claims. You fools are lucky yorubas are not your neigbours in the east or else they would have chased you fools out of the creeks and into the atlantic ocean. Fools.

can you shut it ? When have yorubas ever chased anyone ? Have you forgotten we yorubas are cowards according to silly Igbo flat heads like yourself so please continue because it always better to be a wise coward than a chest beating Igbo like yourself. grin grin grin grin grin grin

btw longest time Andre smiley

1 Like

Re: How Did Ijaw Become The 4th Largest Ethnic Group by Ngodigha1(m): 11:41pm On Sep 10, 2012
alj harem:

can you shut it ? When have yorubas ever chased anyone ? Have you forgotten we yorubas are cowards according to silly Igbo flat heads like yourself so please continue because it always better to be a wise coward than a chest beating Igbo like yourself. grin grin grin grin grin grin

btw longest time Andre smiley
Brain-dead monkey, may Sango and all the gods in yorubaland strike you dead any day you stop identifying me as someone else. Having a flat head is better than that your homo partner you went to see in pretence of a lesser hajj. Fool.
Re: How Did Ijaw Become The 4th Largest Ethnic Group by PhysicsQED(m): 7:13am On Sep 11, 2012
killayut: About a million in Ondo and Edo states combined

A million Ijaws between Ondo and Edo? What's the point of these kind of bizarre claims? Population isn't everything, but I think you actually believe that because it's Nigeria where there is so much deception and hunger for political power by any means from some people, you can just make up numbers.
Re: How Did Ijaw Become The 4th Largest Ethnic Group by Nobody: 5:27am On Sep 12, 2012
BlackPikiN:

Are you this stoppoid?

Uche is from Abiriba and her mom from imo state!

Tell the world how she got the name Jombo or Jumbo and tell me what it means ? Thats like an Igbo girl having the last name AWOLOWO and you argue shes not Yoruba. Jumbo is not European but an adulterated form of an Ijaw last name in Bonny.
Re: How Did Ijaw Become The 4th Largest Ethnic Group by Nobody: 5:32am On Sep 12, 2012
Ngodigha1: Killayut you must be the biggest fool from the creek. If you say Egbema in Rivers state are not pure Igbos, how about Egbemas in Imo state?. Mind you lazy fool, Ike Nwachukwu is not from Imo state but Abia state. He was even a senator representing Abia north recently. Get a life poor boy.

And what about Egbema in Edo and Bayelsa states ? Are they Igbos too ? Know the history of a people before you argue. Do you even know what Egbema MEAN ?There is OKOLOMA in Ndoki land and OKOLOMA is not an Igbo name but Ibani - Ijaw. Even Okrika people has a settlement near Oyigbo and we all know it and there is no dispute about it too. So learn about the true origin of the Egbema people before you argue.
Re: How Did Ijaw Become The 4th Largest Ethnic Group by Nobody: 5:35am On Sep 12, 2012
Chyz*:
Imo state, the heartland of Igboland, is not exclusively Igbo? What is it Kalabari too? lolololool

Dude Bonny and Opobo people are not Ijaw. Get hat through you thick skull, Tom Briggs. The people in Opobo speak Igbo, are Igbo by blood, and are rule an Igbo king yet you say they are Ijaw? lolol

You better stick to claiming your yoruba brothers and stay off of Igboland. There is nothing like Ijaw in Rivers State.

Now you are becoming stupid and messed up.. For saying Bonny and Opobo are not Ijaws. Punk. even the word JAJA is an Ijaw word and the word OPOBO means Opubo ama you animal. Why are stupid kids here by the way ?So cos JAMAICANS speak English they are Britons abi ? Stupid goats like you never consider circumstances.
Re: How Did Ijaw Become The 4th Largest Ethnic Group by Nobody: 6:29am On Sep 12, 2012
alj harem: grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin grin grin grin grin afam o !!!!! no kill pesin grin grin grin

Oya Killayut wetin Jumbo mean for Ijaw

Wetin Uche mean for Ijaw. haba this one too much

fIND THAT OUT BY YOUR SELF and stop arguing ignorantly.
Re: How Did Ijaw Become The 4th Largest Ethnic Group by Nobody: 6:50am On Sep 12, 2012
alj harem: Killayut btw you are wrong about Lagos. You can claim Lagos but stop I mean stop changing her history.

Ijaws are not the first to claim and una no go be the last. Its not pride of we Awori/Ogu (Yorubas) but its just the way things role grin grin grin grin

On a serious note, claim and contest we Yorubas dont mind so long as you are not tribalistic and you are God fearing knowing what goes around comes around. You are free. smiley

Now you mentioned kirikiri which has no english meaning but the best I can describe it to in yoruba is "random or walk about etc". Olodi means opposite or against in yoruba. As for the Apapa thing, it has no meaning but just like other words like Oyo whats the meaning but certainly not Ijaw. Hausas have even been to Lagos way before Ijaws and Igbos. This is history first hand not google. I am a proper lagosian royal household and Killayut your lies they kill us here for Lagos oh grin grin grin grin

But at the end of the day, vanity upon vanity. Yeah Ijaws can own Lagos for all we care, just treat us Your Yoruba neighbours nice and we would live in peace. smiley Thanks my brother hope to see you soon in the next eyo festival or the Ogu festical in badagry. smiley Greet mama uncle Tom for me

Bros, There are many things you do not know about Ijaws and Aworis. .. Kirikiri also mean exactly what you said in Ijaw. Toru kirikiri is what Yoruba call Orisiorisi.. Kiri kiri again means Land all through or Just land.. You see how it is an Ijaw usage. Now besides the word OLODI these are many other Ijaw words used by Yoruba wrongly.. SI or SHI . In Ijaw SI or SHI or SEI depending on the clan mean BAD or SPOILT. BAD or spoilt in real Yoruba is BAJE but you people also say OLOSHI ( OLOSI ) OLOSI is pure IJAW meaning worthless.. You see the si or shi suffix ? But Yoruba uses it to mean worthless instead of having the baje suffix. Thats how you take Ijaw words. ALA means great or wealth in Ijaw and hence ALA-BO means great or wealthy person. Yoruba uses the word ALA wrongly too cos great in Yoruba is not ALA.. But you use it as in ALA-YE, ALAGBARA, ALAAFIN, ALADURA. WHAT ABOUT What about SUUN.. In Ijaw at least in eastern IJAW SUUN mean to stretch suun-mu means to stretch forward. MU in Ijaw means move forward or go there.. But in Yoruba suunmu ra or something close to that means shift forward. How did that happen ? Those were all Ijaw words you guys borrowed from your Ijaw neighbours. and AWORIs MUST be a cross breed of Ijaw and Ilaje or Mahin.
Re: How Did Ijaw Become The 4th Largest Ethnic Group by Afam4eva(m): 9:20am On Sep 12, 2012
killayut:

Tell the world how she got the name Jombo or Jumbo and tell me what it means ? Thats like an Igbo girl having the last name AWOLOWO and you argue shes not Yoruba. Jumbo is not European but an adulterated form of an Ijaw last name in Bonny.
Tell us what Jumbo means and stop beating about the bush.
Re: How Did Ijaw Become The 4th Largest Ethnic Group by Ngodigha1(m): 10:15am On Sep 12, 2012
killayut:

And what about Egbema in Edo and Bayelsa states ? Are they Igbos too ? Know the history of a people before you argue. Do you even know what Egbema MEAN ?There is OKOLOMA in Ndoki land and OKOLOMA is not an Igbo name but Ibani - Ijaw. Even Okrika people has a settlement near Oyigbo and we all know it and there is no dispute about it too. So learn about the true origin of the Egbema people before you argue.
Egbema means egbe (gun)and mma (knife) Egbema people int he past are great hunters and farmers who use guns and knives, that is how they derive their name. They are Igbo to the core.
There are no Ijaws in Imo state, Abia state,Akwa Ibom and Cross River states.
Stop formenting trouble,mr Ijaw .
Re: How Did Ijaw Become The 4th Largest Ethnic Group by Dede1(m): 3:45pm On Sep 12, 2012
killayut:

Jumbo is Ijo. Even Peterside, Pepple, Greene, Princewill, Graham, Douglas and Stewart are Ijo in Bonny. What about Bonny? I guess self denial only leads to madness.
Re: How Did Ijaw Become The 4th Largest Ethnic Group by Olaolufred(m): 4:00pm On Sep 12, 2012
IF YOU CAN FINISH COUNTING THE FISHES AROUND NIGERIA'S SHORES, THEN YOU CAN DISPROVE THIS FACT.

FISHES ARE IJAWS, KNOW THAT FROM TODAY.
Re: How Did Ijaw Become The 4th Largest Ethnic Group by Johndoe100(m): 4:19pm On Sep 12, 2012
Ngodigha1:

Wow..............it talks!!!!!!!!!!
Re: How Did Ijaw Become The 4th Largest Ethnic Group by Johndoe100(m): 4:22pm On Sep 12, 2012
@Ngodigha1

Don't mind them, there are no Ijaws in the Niger Delta. Everybody is Igbo. Igbo kwenu!!
Re: How Did Ijaw Become The 4th Largest Ethnic Group by Dede1(m): 6:01pm On Sep 12, 2012
killayut:

I guess idiocy knows no boundary. It is very funny to watch the sons and daughters of shameless denial artists make fool of themselves in public. Opu Obu is Igbo and sometime the compound of Mazi Opu Obu is referred as Ama Opu Obu which was later twisted to Opubo Ama by delusional name changers. I know that days are yet to come when Obigbo that has been changed to Oyigbo will become Ijo. What can be more idiotic than to insinuate that Jojo is Ijo. The word Jojo originates from Akwuette\Ndoki in Ukwa East LGA. I have also head about Ogan Ama, Amadi Ama and Okolo ama which were Ama Ogan, Ama Amadi and Ama Okolo. Remember the word Okolo is the same thing as Okoro in certain Igbo dialect.

In Opu Obu, the word Opu is uzo or okpo or okporo or door as in house or in some cases road as in community while Obu is Obi or Ulo or house.
Re: How Did Ijaw Become The 4th Largest Ethnic Group by Ngodigha1(m): 6:52pm On Sep 12, 2012
Johndoe100: @Ngodigha1

Don't mind them, there are no Ijaws in the Niger Delta. Everybody is Igbo. Igbo kwenu!!
Dont be silly idiott, no one is saying that there are no ijaws in the niger delta. They are not as many as Killayut claims. Even went further to claim Egbemma not even knowing that Egbema means Egbe and mma. Gun and cutlass to define their war-like nature in the past.
Re: How Did Ijaw Become The 4th Largest Ethnic Group by Dede1(m): 7:14pm On Sep 12, 2012
I ranked Ijo as do Brass which historical facts have permitted. I do know there have been concerted efforts to twist Ijo into Izon.
Re: How Did Ijaw Become The 4th Largest Ethnic Group by ijawcitizen(m): 7:54pm On Sep 12, 2012
Dede1:

I guess idiocy knows no boundary. It is very funny to watch the sons and daughters of shameless denial artists make fool of themselves in public. Opu Obu is Igbo and sometime the compound of Mazi Opu Obu is referred as Ama Opu Obu which was later twisted to Opubo Ama by delusional name changers. I know that days are yet to come when Obigbo that has been changed to Oyigbo will become Ijo. What can be more idiotic than to insinuate that Jojo is Ijo. The word Jojo originates from Akwuette\Ndoki in Ukwa East LGA. I have also head about Ogan Ama, Amadi Ama and Okolo ama which were Ama Ogan, Ama Amadi and Ama Okolo. Remember the word Okolo is the same thing as Okoro in certain Igbo dialect.

In Opu Obu, the word Opu is uzo or okpo or okporo or door as in house or in some cases road as in community while Obu is Obi or Ulo or house.
this guy is loosing his mind, pls someone should advice him on drugs to take for his paranoia.
Re: How Did Ijaw Become The 4th Largest Ethnic Group by Ngodigha1(m): 8:57pm On Sep 12, 2012
ijaw citizen: this guy is loosing his mind, pls someone should advice him on drugs to take for his paranoia.
Bingo, what is your problem in this thread, tell forumites how the ijaw became the 4th largest group in Nigeria or phuck off. Killayut has tried but failed woefully and was disgraced.
Now is your turn.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

Odili House Invasion: Malami Kicks As Suspect Says He Works For Him / Pls, Who Have An Idea About Alliance In Motion Global (AIM)? / Maria Saro-Wiwa Is Dead! Ken Saro-Wiwa’s Wife Dies (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.