Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,630 members, 7,809,348 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:07 AM

Can You Go Down On Your Knees To Beg A Man Not To Leave? - Romance (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Can You Go Down On Your Knees To Beg A Man Not To Leave? (32848 Views)

Poll: Can you go down on your knees to beg him not to leave you?

Absolutely not! Am not that desperate.: 24% (34 votes)
Yes, if I truly adore him.: 44% (61 votes)
No, but one can never tell: 21% (29 votes)
never thought about it.: 9% (13 votes)
This poll has ended

Poll: Can you go down on your knees to beg him not to leave you?

Absolutely not! Am not that desperate.: 17% (15 votes)
Yes, if I truly adore him.: 40% (35 votes)
No, but one can never tell: 16% (14 votes)
Never thought about it.: 25% (22 votes)
This poll has ended

Guys, What Do Girls Do That Make Your Knees Weak? / Ladies, Can You Go On Your Knees Before Your Man To Apologise? / Should A Guy Beg A Girl On His Knees If He Offend Her? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can You Go Down On Your Knees To Beg A Man Not To Leave? by Idowuogbo(f): 11:17pm On Mar 19, 2012
gohome:

suger mummy..............read all my comments you will see all the references

[size=18pt]Roftlmao!!!!!![/size]

Comehouse u a beddt boi. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Can You Go Down On Your Knees To Beg A Man Not To Leave? by MissEZ(f): 11:19pm On Mar 19, 2012
~Killz~:

No. I won't want anyone to kneel cos it was part of tradition. I dont really like women kneeling for me. But the op was fazed as to why women kneel. Yes, everyone should be allowed to express their apologies anyhow, but the fact remains that it is culturally acceptable, and it is the default for most Nigerian women. Since we cannot see thoughts or intentions, we base the offenders remorse by the extent they are willing to go to show that remorse. . . A simple "please i am sorry" can suffice, but the degree of offence varies from individual, and the heart condition of the offended also differs individually. Therefore, a simple "please" could give way to tears, kneeling, then crawling. . . It's all in a bid to make up!

Noted and well said. Kills i will gladly cry my eyes out if that is how moved i am by the situation. But all the pre-specified mode of apology/proposal/anything else makes me tired. Its like saying i wont accept my bf/hubbys apology cos he didnt kneel down, or accept his proposal cos he didnt take me out to dinner, give me a rose, kneel down and propose (haha, proposal has become a 3 step process...lol). I am not against kneeling down as an expression of apology, i am against the notion that if i dont do that when apologizing, then i am not truly sorry, or i am not a humble person
Re: Can You Go Down On Your Knees To Beg A Man Not To Leave? by queensmith: 11:20pm On Mar 19, 2012
Well as opposed to how some will put it, the act is degrading, there is never the need for it. Be it feeding your husband at a wedding or greeting the elderly. There are many ways of humbling yourself or showing respect without compromising your dignity. Which i feel the act of kneeling or postrating is all about. Hardcore worship for people that like to be worshipped. How many of us even bother to kneel down to pray, esp in church these days. Something you haven't done for the deity you worship you will do for a spouse who is bent on leaving? I don't think so.
Besides its downright pathetic to take to begging in such manner, for the bible thumpers that want to use this opportunity to chat absolute sheet
Re: Can You Go Down On Your Knees To Beg A Man Not To Leave? by nefertitiram: 11:22pm On Mar 19, 2012
~Killz~:
Tut! Tut!! Tut!!!
Too many egotistic liars on this thread. . . Kneeling is part of Nigerian Culture. You kneel when you are about to get married. You kneel when you greet elderly ones, then you expect to hop, swagger walk, stand and fold your arms while begging? Smh!

A woman who kneels is not a coward neither is she a fool. She's only showing remorse over what she must have done to the man to warrant him leaving. The offence must have been very grave for her to go down on her knees. It's just a sign of respect. if she wasn't wrong, why beg to the extent of kneeling? Let's be factual here please. . .

Any lady especially from the most respectful tribe, Yoruba, that says she cannot kneel and beg a man is not only a pathological liar, but also a dimwitted hypocritical liar! wink

This guy is such an idiot! You are so immature! Can't you just grow up and speak in plain english without insulting anybody? Bloody asswipe!
Re: Can You Go Down On Your Knees To Beg A Man Not To Leave? by Pakavy(m): 11:26pm On Mar 19, 2012
chucky234: I don't know why ladies out here keep lying pretending to be hardy while they break down in tears at the least beaf with their BF or hubby.
They come out here and say hmm I can't beg him,why kneels down,he should go bla bla bla
I know so many of them who cried,kneeled,even gather their entire families and friends to beg the BF/hubby to stop him from leaving.
Why come here with your pride to lie on here,you can never be truthful for once,na wa
u forget where u dey
Re: Can You Go Down On Your Knees To Beg A Man Not To Leave? by Idowuogbo(f): 11:26pm On Mar 19, 2012
nefertitiram:

This guy is such an idiot! You are so immature! Can't you just grow up and speak in plain english without insulting anybody? Bloody asswipe!

Excuse me! undecided undecided

U cant change his style of writing or his approach to marras.

Abeg bounce jare! na freedom of speech dey reign mehnnnnnn tongue
Re: Can You Go Down On Your Knees To Beg A Man Not To Leave? by slimyem: 11:27pm On Mar 19, 2012
gohome:

suger mummy..............read all my comments you will see all the references
sugar daddy,there's no point!
I guess its just hard for peeps to accept that not everyone conforms to their ideas/opinions and not everyone lives by them!
Re: Can You Go Down On Your Knees To Beg A Man Not To Leave? by Killz3(m): 11:29pm On Mar 19, 2012
Miss EZ:

Noted and well said. Kills i will gladly cry my eyes out if that is how moved i am by the situation. But all the pre-specified mode of apology/proposal/anything else makes me tired. Its like saying i wont accept my bf/hubbys apology cos he didnt kneel down, or accept his proposal cos he didnt take me out to dinner, give me a rose, kneel down and propose (haha, proposal has become a 3 step process...lol). I am not against kneeling down as an expression of apology, i am against the notion that if i dont do that when apologizing, then i am not truly sorry, or i am not a humble person
It depends on your offence, and the heart condition of whoever you are begging. Are you sincerely telling me that if after crying your eyes out and he doesn't budge and you realize that kneeling would solve the problem, you wont do it? You may be very humble but then it depends on the guy. Me, i'm sold on tears alone. . . grin But i cant say the same for the next guy. . . smiley
Re: Can You Go Down On Your Knees To Beg A Man Not To Leave? by Idowuogbo(f): 11:31pm On Mar 19, 2012
~Killz~:

Me, i'm sold on tears alone. . . grin But i cant say the same for the next guy. . . smiley

cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry
Re: Can You Go Down On Your Knees To Beg A Man Not To Leave? by Killz3(m): 11:32pm On Mar 19, 2012
Idowuogbo:

Excuse me! undecided undecided

U cant change his style of writing or his approach to marras.

Abeg bounce jare! na freedom of speech dey reign mehnnnnnn tongue
You get time to reply the obfuscated bat. . . I don't have time for idiotic apes abeg. . . Silence works for his ilk. . .
Re: Can You Go Down On Your Knees To Beg A Man Not To Leave? by Pakavy(m): 11:33pm On Mar 19, 2012
Idowuogbo:

WHO DEY TROUBLE U? POINT DEM OUT NOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!! angry angry angry angry angry angry
sweetheart u wan b referee?!
Re: Can You Go Down On Your Knees To Beg A Man Not To Leave? by Idowuogbo(f): 11:34pm On Mar 19, 2012
Pakavy: sweetheart u wan b referee?!
Good evening boy alinco

how matayas na? smiley
Re: Can You Go Down On Your Knees To Beg A Man Not To Leave? by Konjour(m): 11:35pm On Mar 19, 2012
Just a thought,even if its a bit offkey. If it was an armed robber with a M-16 that gave a woman who is too egoistic to kneel for a man,an escape route from ONLY robbery and rape by ordering her to kneel down and beg him for hours,will she do it or not? LMAO! Funny enough,internet forum band drivers are often in sharp contrast with their forum disposition in real life. Someone said there are so many fishes in the sea,so what happens if your next catch is about to be lost at the expense of a momentarily kneel in regret,you cast the nets again,innit? LWKMD. Anyways,i couldn't be bothered to give a triple legged flying f/u/c/k about championing the cause of kneeling or not as it doesnt change what goes on in the real world. If you can calm your guy down by kneeling briefly to appease him,good for you,and if you can give him a WWF-esque throw out of your house as a parting gift,more grease to your joints. My girl sure knows which option is best,and when it matters,for her,my knees aren't made of polished gold either.
Re: Can You Go Down On Your Knees To Beg A Man Not To Leave? by Killz3(m): 11:35pm On Mar 19, 2012
Idowuogbo:

cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry
Taaa! Not tears from you abeg! grin grin grin Shift. . . To the left, To the left. . . grin
Re: Can You Go Down On Your Knees To Beg A Man Not To Leave? by Idowuogbo(f): 11:36pm On Mar 19, 2012
~Killz~:

You get time to reply the obfuscated bat. . . I don't have time for idiotic apes abeg. . . Silence works for his ilk. . .

U min d guy is discomble and ofusclaire? by d way dats d french of discombobulated and obfuscated. grin grin grin
Re: Can You Go Down On Your Knees To Beg A Man Not To Leave? by Idowuogbo(f): 11:38pm On Mar 19, 2012
~Killz~:

Taaa! Not tears from you abeg! grin grin grin Shift. . . To the left, To the left. . . grin
i dey pack am , pack am , pack am oo.

Tile tile! grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Can You Go Down On Your Knees To Beg A Man Not To Leave? by Pakavy(m): 11:38pm On Mar 19, 2012
slimyem: what's confusing you?
I said,i wont beg any guy not to leave ever!i'd even help him by holding the door open while he packs up his stuff!
dats if he is living wit u unda ur roof shay
Re: Can You Go Down On Your Knees To Beg A Man Not To Leave? by MissEZ(f): 11:39pm On Mar 19, 2012
~Killz~:

It depends on your offence, and the heart condition of whoever you are begging. Are you sincerely telling me that if after crying your eyes out and he doesn't budge and you realize that kneeling would solve the problem, you wont do it? You may be very humble but then it depends on the guy. Me, i'm sold on tears alone. . . grin But i cant say the same for the next guy. . . smiley

I guess my question is, for those guys who must see knees hit the ground, what is it about kneeling down that is more superior to tears? Is the offended person more interested in me apologizing his way, or truly apologizing for my wrong? If someone is truly interested in seeing a sincere apology, i doubt they will give priority to any given act.

I hate to go all spiritual but even Jesus does not demand that we must be kneeling down to pray the sinners prayer, he only asks for a sincere heart and a confession of sin. If Jesus was more concerned about our hearts, why are we humans so focused on actions alone and not the heart.

Anyway i think i have over flogged my own point of view. To each their own.
Re: Can You Go Down On Your Knees To Beg A Man Not To Leave? by freecocoa(f): 11:42pm On Mar 19, 2012
~Killz~:

[font=tempus sans itc][size=11pt]It depends on your offence, and the heart condition of whoever you are begging. Are you sincerely telling me that if after crying your eyes out and he doesn't budge and you realize that kneeling would solve the problem, you wont do it?
Any guy that didn't budge after a lady must have cried her eyes out will most likely not budge if she kneels and any guy that will only budge when a lady kneels is not worth begging.

1 Like

Re: Can You Go Down On Your Knees To Beg A Man Not To Leave? by Killz3(m): 11:42pm On Mar 19, 2012
Idowuogbo:

U min d guy is discomble and ofusclaire? by d way dats d french of discombobulated and obfuscated. grin grin grin
You don't say. . .

Tell me abourit. . . grin grin grin grin Werey! grin
Re: Can You Go Down On Your Knees To Beg A Man Not To Leave? by Pakavy(m): 11:43pm On Mar 19, 2012
Idowuogbo:
Good evening boy alinco

how matayas na? smiley
u don finish me.hope no b dat superstory xter u shuld know i am a man afta ur heart just lyk david was a man afta God's heart.i am on my knees toasting u shocked
Re: Can You Go Down On Your Knees To Beg A Man Not To Leave? by Idowuogbo(f): 11:44pm On Mar 19, 2012
Miss EZ:

I guess my question is, for those guys who must see knees hit the ground, what is it about kneeling down that is more superior to tears? Is the offended person more interested in me apologizing his way, or truly apologizing for my wrong? If someone is truly interested in seeing a sincere apology, i doubt they will give priority to any given act.

I hate to go all spiritual but even Jesus does not demand that we must be kneeling down to pray the sinners prayer, he only asks for a sincere heart and a confession of sin. If Jesus was more concerned about our hearts, why are we humans so focused on actions alone and not the heart.

Anyway i think i have over flogged my own point of view. To each their own.

Dats d key my dear.

Sweet dreams smiley
Re: Can You Go Down On Your Knees To Beg A Man Not To Leave? by Nobody: 11:45pm On Mar 19, 2012
I couldnt get on my knees and beg a man not to leave. If something was so wrong between us and we couldnt even talk about it then its over. Me resorting to being a begger and him being ok with it is twisted. What kind of relationship would that be There has to be mutual respect or common sense to know when its over.
Re: Can You Go Down On Your Knees To Beg A Man Not To Leave? by slimyem: 11:48pm On Mar 19, 2012
Pakavy: dats if he is living wit u unda ur roof shay
well,that statement is only literary!
Re: Can You Go Down On Your Knees To Beg A Man Not To Leave? by MissEZ(f): 11:49pm On Mar 19, 2012
Idowuogbo:

Dats d key my dear.

Sweet dreams smiley

Thank you o jare. And you too
Re: Can You Go Down On Your Knees To Beg A Man Not To Leave? by Idowuogbo(f): 11:50pm On Mar 19, 2012
Pakavy: u don finish me.hope no b dat superstory xter u shuld know i am a man afta ur heart just lyk david was a man afta God's heart.i am on my knees toasting u shocked
hahahahaha

*blushing*
Re: Can You Go Down On Your Knees To Beg A Man Not To Leave? by Idowuogbo(f): 11:51pm On Mar 19, 2012
~Killz~:

You don't say. . .

Tell me abourit. . . grin grin grin grin Werey! grin
U go fear d italiano version o grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Can You Go Down On Your Knees To Beg A Man Not To Leave? by Reanaa: 11:53pm On Mar 19, 2012
Yes I can climb a tree begging him from there not to leave, duh. On a serious note if he is the love of my life, and am sure he hasn't made up his mind to leave, I'd send him a rose
Re: Can You Go Down On Your Knees To Beg A Man Not To Leave? by Idowuogbo(f): 11:54pm On Mar 19, 2012
Reanaa: Yes I can climb a tree begging him from there not to leave, duh. On a serious note is he is the love of my life, and am sure he hasn't made up his mind to leave, I'd send him a rose
I like u jare , if ur husband no understand rose, send him Igwu bouquet.

Worse comes to worst he go chop am out of love. grin grin grin grin
Re: Can You Go Down On Your Knees To Beg A Man Not To Leave? by Reanaa: 11:59pm On Mar 19, 2012
Lol
Re: Can You Go Down On Your Knees To Beg A Man Not To Leave? by Pakavy(m): 12:02am On Mar 20, 2012
slimyem: well,that statement is only literary!
k.but dont open it too wide!!!
Re: Can You Go Down On Your Knees To Beg A Man Not To Leave? by Pakavy(m): 12:05am On Mar 20, 2012
Idowuogbo:
hahahahaha

*blushing*
9te dear cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Open Letter; Our Women Be Careful With The Way You Treat Men- Alexisgist / Photo: Guys Which Would You Pick? / Thread For Yansh Lovers With Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.