Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,757 members, 7,817,092 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:47 AM

Can You Go Down On Your Knees To Beg A Man Not To Leave? - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Can You Go Down On Your Knees To Beg A Man Not To Leave? (32878 Views)

Poll: Can you go down on your knees to beg him not to leave you?

Absolutely not! Am not that desperate.: 24% (34 votes)
Yes, if I truly adore him.: 44% (61 votes)
No, but one can never tell: 21% (29 votes)
never thought about it.: 9% (13 votes)
This poll has ended

Poll: Can you go down on your knees to beg him not to leave you?

Absolutely not! Am not that desperate.: 17% (15 votes)
Yes, if I truly adore him.: 40% (35 votes)
No, but one can never tell: 16% (14 votes)
Never thought about it.: 25% (22 votes)
This poll has ended

Guys, What Do Girls Do That Make Your Knees Weak? / Ladies, Can You Go On Your Knees Before Your Man To Apologise? / Should A Guy Beg A Girl On His Knees If He Offend Her? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can You Go Down On Your Knees To Beg A Man Not To Leave? by ceej24: 9:57pm On Mar 19, 2012
If the man is my husband, yes i can beg(so help me God) but if it is a guy i call my boyfriend hell No! No way!
Re: Can You Go Down On Your Knees To Beg A Man Not To Leave? by Idowuogbo(f): 9:59pm On Mar 19, 2012
slimyem: at least you don senior me reach sugar mummy levels. grin grin
how old are you again sef?43?
Enu e bi iwo idi mi!
Mtcheeeeeeeeeeeeew
Iwo idi ti jera na, aboki ti ba be je. grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Can You Go Down On Your Knees To Beg A Man Not To Leave? by kelz88(f): 9:59pm On Mar 19, 2012
slimyem: what's confusing you?
I said,i wont beg any guy not to leave ever!i'd even help him by holding the door open while he packs up his stuff!
I get it now. Had to read the comment again.
Re: Can You Go Down On Your Knees To Beg A Man Not To Leave? by freecocoa(f): 9:59pm On Mar 19, 2012
gohome:
I wasn't twisting your comment... It was a candid ( but painful) reply. It was based on the fact that you said you wont beg no matter what.
Firstly there's nothing painful about your reply cos it changes nothing nor affects me in any way,now if that's how you understand my comment then i have no business replying you.
Re: Can You Go Down On Your Knees To Beg A Man Not To Leave? by Idowuogbo(f): 10:01pm On Mar 19, 2012
Miss EZ:

You are missing my point. I am saying that i do not expect anyone to kneel down for me for any reason. And the same way i do not have that expectation of anyone, no one should have that expectation of me. Will i kneel down to greet an elderly person as a sign of respect? Hell YES!!! Will i kneel down to beg anyone? NO? For the simple reason that if someone is going to accept your apology, i dont think that kneeling down should be a factor? what does it prove, that both your knees can touch the ground? Not all kneeling down is sincere and therefore in my books it doesnt count.

PS: i would hope that my hubby to be would be more creative about proposing. kneeling down is definitely something i do not want to see.

Hmmmmmmm.........

Dat wan dey sha, i hia u.
Re: Can You Go Down On Your Knees To Beg A Man Not To Leave? by gohome: 10:08pm On Mar 19, 2012
Miss EZ: I dont have a problem with apologizing,infact if i am at fault, ha i will apologize with all my heart. But the whole kneeling down thing gets on my nerve. What is it that i cant say on my feet that i have to kneel down for and vice versa?

I think that people are too quick to kneel down. If you are proposing, you kneel down, feed hubby wedding cake, kneel down, secondary school nko, kneel down, raise up your hands and close your eye. Kilode?

The same way i do not expect the guy to kneel down for me in the name of apology or for any other reason, that is the same way i do not expect to kneel and beg someone. If you truly want to accept my apology, kneeling down should not be a factor in my opinion. To me kneeling down is just another form of manipulation in some cases. Some one will mess up badly, will kneel down and say sorry, and you ma go chop nonsense. Meanwhile he/she knelt down cos he/she knew that will make you feel like he/she is being humble. Kai i dont want jo, keep your knees to yourself.

No need to lose sleep about kneeling. Kneeling just shows more emphasis. Simple. If you wrong your man so much and you want to say you are truly sorry, its only natural you try to show emphasis. some people cry, while some buy gifts. some also kneel. Same goes when a Man is proposing to you ( just like you said). Couple of Men kneel.

I like your comment though. Its your opinion and it isn't wrong... Its just so unafrican....You throw apologies anyhow you like and you accept peoples apology anyhow they throw it at you. No double standard. NICE
Re: Can You Go Down On Your Knees To Beg A Man Not To Leave? by Killz3(m): 10:09pm On Mar 19, 2012
Tut! Tut!! Tut!!!
Too many egotistic liars on this thread. . . Kneeling is part of Nigerian Culture. You kneel when you are about to get married. You kneel when you greet elderly ones, then you expect to hop, swagger walk, stand and fold your arms while begging? Smh!

A woman who kneels is not a coward neither is she a fool. She's only showing remorse over what she must have done to the man to warrant him leaving. The offence must have been very grave for her to go down on her knees. It's just a sign of respect. if she wasn't wrong, why beg to the extent of kneeling? Let's be factual here please. . .

Any lady especially from the most respectful tribe, Yoruba, that says she cannot kneel and beg a man is not only a pathological liar, but also a dimwitted hypocritical liar! wink
Re: Can You Go Down On Your Knees To Beg A Man Not To Leave? by Idowuogbo(f): 10:11pm On Mar 19, 2012
~Killz~:
Tut! Tut!! Tut!!!
Too many egotistic liars on this thread. . . Kneeling is part of Nigerian Culture. You kneel when you are about to get married. You kneel when you greet elderly ones, then you expect to hop, swagger walk, stand and fold your arms while begging? Smh!

A woman who kneels is not a coward neither is she a fool. She's only showing remorse over what she must have done to the man to warrant him leaving. The offence must have been very grave for her to go down on her knees. It's just a sign of respect. if she wasn't wrong, why beg to the extent of kneeling? Let's be factual here please. . .

Any lady especially from the most respectful tribe, Yoruba, that says she cannot kneel and beg a man is not only a pathological liar, but also a dimwitted hypocritical liar! wink

Son mii, u see ur father married a good woman.

Mo fe bebe paaaaaa!!! grin grin grin grin
Re: Can You Go Down On Your Knees To Beg A Man Not To Leave? by gohome: 10:12pm On Mar 19, 2012
freecocoa: please go and lie down inside gutter,you didn't see the part where i wrote "never say never" abi? and when did i say it is wrong to beg?saying I've never begged any man kneeling down now means i've never begged before or won't beg a man?carry your nonsense pity where it is needed cos my man is not complaining.

I wasn't refering to you MADAM. Do I smell guilty conscience?
Re: Can You Go Down On Your Knees To Beg A Man Not To Leave? by kelz88(f): 10:16pm On Mar 19, 2012
Thank God kneeling isn't a part of my culture. And if it was I wouldn't even kneel. Only ever kneeled in school and church. Doubt I will have a traditional marriage so hopefully, wont need to kneel. Yay me!!
Re: Can You Go Down On Your Knees To Beg A Man Not To Leave? by Killz3(m): 10:18pm On Mar 19, 2012
Idowuogbo:

Son mii, u see ur father married a good woman.

Mo fe bebe paaaaaa!!! grin grin grin grin
O de wa iru e funmi? sad
Re: Can You Go Down On Your Knees To Beg A Man Not To Leave? by gohome: 10:21pm On Mar 19, 2012
kelz88: Thank God kneeling isn't a part of my culture. And if it was I wouldn't even kneel. Only ever kneeled in school and church. Doubt I will have a traditional marriage so hopefully, wont need to kneel. Yay me!!

are you from MARS?
Re: Can You Go Down On Your Knees To Beg A Man Not To Leave? by Killz3(m): 10:22pm On Mar 19, 2012
kelz88: Thank God kneeling isn't a part of my culture. And if it was I wouldn't even kneel. Only ever kneeled in school and church. Doubt I will have a traditional marriage so hopefully, wont need to kneel. Yay me!!
It is dear. . . wink Kneeling doesn't make you less a woman. If you wronged your husband or boyfriend and you kneel and beg him, it melts his heart faster than hot knife on butter. . . cheesy
Re: Can You Go Down On Your Knees To Beg A Man Not To Leave? by 4teelaw(f): 10:22pm On Mar 19, 2012
dipo+:

That's gonna be the popular response but the truth is any lady can go on her knees to beg her guy not to leave more especially if the break-up is a result of her mistake. One can never tell what he can/may have to do until fazed with a real scenario.

True that, especially when you don mess up biiiiiigggg time, and it is only begging that is the last option. ‎​Ω̴̩̩̩̥α to go on your knees oooo! But begging him, please don't go, don't leave ‎​meee for anoda babe! ( -̩̩̩͡˛ -̩̩̩͡ ) ( -̩̩̩͡˛ -̩̩̩͡ ) I will do mumu for you, wash, clean wipe your bum, anything ( -̩̩̩͡˛ -̩̩̩͡ ) ( -̩̩̩͡˛ -̩̩̩͡ ) !

Once again, tufiakwa!
Re: Can You Go Down On Your Knees To Beg A Man Not To Leave? by freecocoa(f): 10:24pm On Mar 19, 2012
gohome:

I wasn't refering to you MADAM. Do I smell guilty conscience?
Its very easy for you to call me dumb when you are actually the dumb one. You were talking ill of me in my presence, how is that not referring to me?you are just stuppid.
Re: Can You Go Down On Your Knees To Beg A Man Not To Leave? by Idowuogbo(f): 10:24pm On Mar 19, 2012
~Killz~:

O de wa iru e funmi? sad
I dey process am, she su ru.

U no trust Badosky ni? I dey roll dice atm, so no worry it go land on top six. wink kiss
Re: Can You Go Down On Your Knees To Beg A Man Not To Leave? by kelz88(f): 10:28pm On Mar 19, 2012
~Killz~:

It is dear. . . wink Kneeling doesn't make you less a woman. If you wronged your husband or boyfriend and you kneel and beg him, it melts his heart faster than hot knife on butter. . . cheesy
Maybe traditional wedding. . . .not a big part of our culture. And that's something I am not adopting. And even if I was to do it I wont kneel. . . .he should feel free to kneel and feed me pammie sha.
Re: Can You Go Down On Your Knees To Beg A Man Not To Leave? by Killz3(m): 10:29pm On Mar 19, 2012
Idowuogbo:
I dey process am, she su ru.

U no trust Badosky ni? I dey roll dice atm, so no worry it go land on top six. wink kiss
Errm, i hope double six is not asking for too much. . . grin
Re: Can You Go Down On Your Knees To Beg A Man Not To Leave? by CalienteMi: 10:31pm On Mar 19, 2012
Bending to beg a man to stay is completely different from bending to respect an elder. undecided undecided undecided undecided

1 Like

Re: Can You Go Down On Your Knees To Beg A Man Not To Leave? by Killz3(m): 10:35pm On Mar 19, 2012
kelz88: Maybe traditional wedding. . . .not a big part of our culture. And that's something I am not adopting. And even if I was to do it I wont kneel. . . .he should feel free to kneel and feed me pammie sha.
Even if it is 0.00000001% of our culture, it's still a part of it and kneeling is not abominable. If you can do that to get married why can't you do it to make the man you married stay? Think about that. smiley

And errm, as regards him kneeling and feeding you pammy, how about you wake up from that illusion? grin Is your surname Joseph? cheesy
Re: Can You Go Down On Your Knees To Beg A Man Not To Leave? by gohome: 10:37pm On Mar 19, 2012
freecocoa: Its very easy for you to call me dumb when you are actually the dumb one. You were talking ill of me in my presence, how is that not referring to me?you are just stuppid.
I was referring to slimyem. This new n/d is confusing. I just went through the thread again. Sowie abeg. I am on my kneels rolling on the floor. But you get bad mouth oh... choi. Hope your man that isn't complaining doesn't know this...lol
Re: Can You Go Down On Your Knees To Beg A Man Not To Leave? by MissEZ(f): 10:42pm On Mar 19, 2012
gohome:

No need to lose sleep about kneeling. Kneeling just shows more emphasis. Simple. If you wrong your man so much and you want to say you are truly sorry, its only natural you try to show emphasis. some people cry, while some buy gifts. some also kneel. Same goes when a Man is proposing to you ( just like you said). Couple of Men kneel.

I like your comment though. Its your opinion and it isn't wrong... Its just so unafrican....You throw apologies anyhow you like and you accept peoples apology anyhow they throw it at you. No double standard. NICE

Heres the thing, it does not take anything for me to kneel down for anyone, like i said in an updated post, i can kneel down as a sign of respect, but i really dislike the emphasis on kneeling down as a sign of remorse. I have seen people kneel down to apologize and make faces when the persons back is turned. So what purpose did the kneeling down serve. It is mere formality as far as i am concerned. The significance is not in the action in itself, it is in the motive or emotion behind the action. kneeling down to apologize is not always a sign of humility.

In my culture, kneeling down is done for greeting purposes, during weddings, as well as when you are being prayed for. (a man prostrating in my culture is a sign of humiliation. so we do not do the whole dobale thing. The man squats or kneels during marriage. Same with the lady ) All the extra kneeling down is a judgment call and not a cultural one. My culture is more about the heart of the person, than the action which may not be a true reflection of what is going on inside a person. What you consider unafrican is something i learnt from my great grand parents and downwards. Different strokes for different cultures
Re: Can You Go Down On Your Knees To Beg A Man Not To Leave? by freecocoa(f): 10:43pm On Mar 19, 2012
gohome:
I was referring to slimyem. This new n/d is confusing. I just went through the thread again. Sowie abeg. I am on my kneels rolling on the floor. But you get bad mouth oh... choi. Hope your man that isn't complaining doesn't know this...lol
grin grin grin, its okay you can get up,my man knows and understands how my mouth works,i only unleash it if need be so we are cool.
Re: Can You Go Down On Your Knees To Beg A Man Not To Leave? by Idowuogbo(f): 10:49pm On Mar 19, 2012
~Killz~:

Errm, i hope double six is not asking for too much. . . grin
Naaaa!

double six is d aim son! cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Can You Go Down On Your Knees To Beg A Man Not To Leave? by Killz3(m): 10:51pm On Mar 19, 2012
CalienteMi: Bending to beg a man to stay is completely different from bending to respect an elder. undecided undecided undecided undecided
In most cases, the man is the elder. . . undecided And even if he wasn't, Nigerian culture stipulates utmost respect from the wife. It doesn't make them less. It's just respect, and a sign of humility!
Re: Can You Go Down On Your Knees To Beg A Man Not To Leave? by slimyem: 10:55pm On Mar 19, 2012
gohome:
referring to me for/on what?
I wont go down on my knees begging a man not to leave me ever!
Its as simple as it sounds!
Re: Can You Go Down On Your Knees To Beg A Man Not To Leave? by MissEZ(f): 10:56pm On Mar 19, 2012
~Killz~:

In most cases, the man is the elder. . . undecided And even if he wasn't, Nigerian culture stipulates utmost respect from the wife. It doesn't make them less. It's just respect, and a sign of humility!

Kills, would you want someone to kneel because it was part of tradition only? so pretend like you are sorry and have the action to match it as well. I agree that if someone has wronged another, they should be humble enough to apologize sincerely. I think that sometimes we all get caught up in actions that we forget that its the thoughts or the intent that really counts.

By the way i am not saying that everyone that kneels down is pretending. I think that everyone should be permitted to apologize and express their apologies however they deem fit

1 Like

Re: Can You Go Down On Your Knees To Beg A Man Not To Leave? by gohome: 11:05pm On Mar 19, 2012
Miss EZ:

Heres the thing, it does not take anything for me to kneel down for anyone, like i said in an updated post, i can kneel down as a sign of respect, but i really dislike the emphasis on kneeling down as a sign of remorse. I have seen people kneel down to apologize and make faces when the persons back is turned. So what purpose did the kneeling down serve. It is mere formality as far as i am concerned. The significance is not in the action in itself, it is in the motive or emotion behind the action. kneeling down to apologize is not always a sign of humility.

In my culture, kneeling down is done for greeting purposes, during weddings, as well as when you are being prayed for. (a man prostrating in my culture is a sign of humiliation. so we do not do the whole dobale thing. The man squats or kneels during marriage. Same with the lady ) All the extra kneeling down is a judgment call and not a cultural one. My culture is more about the heart of the person, than the action which may not be a true reflection of what is going on inside a person. What you consider unafrican is something i learnt from my great grand parents and downwards. Different strokes for different cultures

Lik I said kneeling down to beg whoever.. your dad, mum ,hubby etc shows emphasis.We all wish our parents goodluck.. but why do we greet them every morning when we see them. If you dont kneel because you think its formality, sister mi think again. Everything in this world can be abused. People greet you good morning and turn their back.... people marry and cheat the next minute... so like you said its not a bad idea at all to kneel. I think its a better idea.
Re: Can You Go Down On Your Knees To Beg A Man Not To Leave? by MissEZ(f): 11:10pm On Mar 19, 2012
gohome:

Lik I said kneeling down to beg whoever.. your dad, mum ,hubby etc shows emphasis.We all wish our parents goodluck.. but why do we greet them every morning when we see them. If you dont kneel because you think its formality, sister mi think again. Everything in this world can be abused. People greet you good morning and turn their back.... people marry and cheat the next minute... so its not a bad idea at all to kneel.

Not saying it is bad o, and i agree that anything can be abused. I am just making the argument that we emphasize kneeling down as if the action truly shows our intent. and in most cases it doesnt.
Re: Can You Go Down On Your Knees To Beg A Man Not To Leave? by chucky234(m): 11:10pm On Mar 19, 2012
I don't know why ladies out here keep lying pretending to be hardy while they break down in tears at the least beaf with their BF or hubby.
They come out here and say hmm I can't beg him,why kneels down,he should go bla bla bla
I know so many of them who cried,kneeled,even gather their entire families and friends to beg the BF/hubby to stop him from leaving.
Why come here with your pride to lie on here,you can never be truthful for once,na wa
Re: Can You Go Down On Your Knees To Beg A Man Not To Leave? by gohome: 11:10pm On Mar 19, 2012
slimyem: referring to me for/on what?
I wont go down on my knees begging a man not to leave me ever!
Its as simple as it sounds!

suger mummy..............read all my comments you will see all the references
Re: Can You Go Down On Your Knees To Beg A Man Not To Leave? by Killz3(m): 11:12pm On Mar 19, 2012
Miss EZ:

Kills, would you want someone to kneel because it was part of tradition only? so pretend like you are sorry and have the action to match it as well. I agree that if someone has wronged another, they should be humble enough to apologize sincerely. I think that sometimes we all get caught up in actions that we forget that its the thoughts or the intent that really counts.

By the way i am not saying that everyone that kneels down is pretending. I think that everyone should be permitted to apologize and express their apologies however they deem fit

No. I won't want anyone to kneel cos it was part of tradition. I dont really like women kneeling for me. But the op was fazed as to why women kneel. Yes, everyone should be allowed to express their apologies anyhow, but the fact remains that it is culturally acceptable, and it is the default for most Nigerian women. Since we cannot see thoughts or intentions, we base the offenders remorse by the extent they are willing to go to show that remorse. . . A simple "please i am sorry" can suffice, but the degree of offence varies from individual, and the heart condition of the offended also differs individually. Therefore, a simple "please" could give way to tears, kneeling, then crawling. . . It's all in a bid to make up!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

"If I date a man for 3 months and I don’t cheat, then that’s my husband" - lady. / The Number One Thing Women Hate The Most About Sex / 4 Things You Should Know About Your Future Partner

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.