Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,841 members, 7,810,242 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:46 AM

If You're Sick And Tired Of E-wars Between Yorubas And Igbos On NL - Vote Here! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / If You're Sick And Tired Of E-wars Between Yorubas And Igbos On NL - Vote Here! (13410 Views)

Poll: Are you sick and tired of tribalism?

Yes: 78% (118 votes)
No: 21% (33 votes)
This poll has ended

Clash Between Yorubas And Nupes In Kwara (Photos) / Fight Between Yorubas And Nupes Now Bloody, In Kwara State - Ebiraland. / Boko Haram Killing Yorubas And Igbos 3-days Expired (pix)! -vanguard Newspaper (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Go Down)

If You're Sick And Tired Of E-wars Between Yorubas And Igbos On NL - Vote Here! by Nobody: 5:33pm On Mar 26, 2012
When I first came across NL - I thought it was a medium for me to learn more about Nigerian history, and a place for me to find real-time news about what's going on in my beloved Nigeria - but I was wrong. My first two weeks on NL were amazing - the culture section provided me with loads of information about Nigerian history. I was amazed with the brilliance and intelligence of erudite guys like Katsumoto, Negro_ntns, PhysicsQED, Udezue and the CAP Pan-African Solicitor from London (I can't remember his screen name right now) - but clueless posters like Kobojunkie, Chino11 and Dede1 were off- putting, though. I instantly became a NL addict, and NL became my favourite website.

I initially thought NL was a place to bridge the gap between Nigerians in Nigeria, and Nigerians in the diaspora - but I was wrong. NL is another junk website that mirrors everything wrong with Nigeria and Nigerians, and a place to show how pathetic the Nigerian mentality is. Tribalism is the enemy within - and if we don't rid ourselves off this mundane way of life - we will continue to be divided. And when people are divided - they will continue to be exploited. The romance section is also filled with so much hatred and daily infighting between Nigerian men and women. I used to think that was an African American thing - but I guess Naija no dey carry last for stupidity.

Please, can a black man get a break? There is racism against him in the Western world and far east - yet myopic tribalists won't give him a break in his home country - and you wonder why the black man is always at the bottom of the social ladder, wherever he finds himself, go figure. It's just pathetic that we've to fight two unwinnable wars on two fronts - one against racism and the other is tribalism - and with terrorism becoming a norm in Nigeria; I guess the demise of the Nigerian man is fast approaching.

From my personal research, I think what fuels the tribalism on here is the Biafran war. The Biafran war happened four decades ago, and it was declared as: "NO VICTOR and NO VANQUISHED" - it's time to move on. Yes, millions of lives were lost on both sides, but we can't change history nor give lives back to the dead (adieu) - and history is history for a reason. Countries like Rwanda, Liberia, Angola, Burundi, Uganda, Sierra Leone etc. went through worse civil wars than we did - but these people have since moved on. We can use Angola and Rwanda as a case study for Nigerians. If we feel Angolans and Rwandans are not synonymous with Nigeria - can we use the YORUBA KIRIJI WARS (CIVIL) as a case study? All the Yoruba subgroups have since moved on from this painful episode of their history and forged unbreakable alliances, we all see ourselves as Yorubas before thinking about our subgroups.

Please, my Igbo brothers - it's time to move on and embrace Nigeria. Breaking Nigeria into different entities is just an avenue to create a never ending war because we're too divided to achieve the tripod entities you guys daydream about. If Nigeria is to be divided, it will have to be divided into at least fifty countries to achieve the 'pure ethnic' identities you lot crave for - due to the following reasons:

- I can't see an Itsekiri, Edo and Urhobo man in the same country as an Ijaw man.
- I don't think an Annang, Urhobo, Olukunmi, Ika, Ikwerre, Ibibio and Efik man would want to be in the same country as an Igbo man.
- Yorubas in Kwara, Kogi, Niger, Edo and Delta won't want to separated from their brothers in the Southwest.
- The Middle-belt is like another Nigeria - because it has too many small tribes - and I don't see them forming separate countries, staying together, nor being subordinate to the Northern oligarchy.
- And what will happen to the Bariba people of Western Nigeria? Are we going to send them to Benin republic or allow to become a separate country?

Keeping Nigeria together is a task that must be achieved! We all know our common enemies, which includes: corruption, religion, elitism, classism, tribalism etc. Why can't we just come together, and fight these vices - which have made our blessed and beloved country the 'hellhole' it is today - rather than spend all day being aggressive for no reason, and spewing pure drivels? Enough of this mumbo jumbo about how "my tribe is better or stronger than yours" or "my house is bigger than yours" nonsense - it's getting boring now. We shout all day like lunatics about how our tribe is superior to other tribes - but when it's time to fight for our collective rights as Nigerians - we develop hissy fits.

I love Nigeria and Nigerians - and if I die right now - I will love to come back as a Nigerian.

N/B: I'm yoruba and I'll like to marry a woman from one of the other tribes. wink I grew up as a Pan-Africanists but that's like a pipe dream now - so, I had to re-invent myself into being a Pan-Nigerianist grin God Bless Nigeria, God Bless Mama Africa, and God Bless the Black Race.....

13 Likes

Re: If You're Sick And Tired Of E-wars Between Yorubas And Igbos On NL - Vote Here! by Nobody: 5:51pm On Mar 26, 2012
shymmex: . I was amazed with the brilliance and intelligence of erudite guys like Udezue

You're sick of tribalism on NL and yet you call the likes of Udezue brilliant? You just shot yourself in the knee.

Nansense.

You never tire. Welcome to NL.
Re: If You're Sick And Tired Of E-wars Between Yorubas And Igbos On NL - Vote Here! by Nobody: 5:56pm On Mar 26, 2012
Ileke-IdI:

You're sick of tribalism on NL and yet you call the likes of Udezue brilliant? You just shot yourself in the knee.

Nansense.

You need to check Udezue's posts on the culture section, before throwing the baby away with the bad water. I'm not forcing you stop being a tribalist - good luck to you, just know Nigeria has come here to stay.
Re: If You're Sick And Tired Of E-wars Between Yorubas And Igbos On NL - Vote Here! by Chyz2: 6:00pm On Mar 26, 2012
Hey OP, Fck off! You are a tribalist yourself,jason.
Re: If You're Sick And Tired Of E-wars Between Yorubas And Igbos On NL - Vote Here! by Onlytruth(m): 6:06pm On Mar 26, 2012
shymmex:
Please, my Igbo brothers - it's time to move on and embrace Nigeria. Breaking Nigeria into different entities is just an avenue to create a never ending war because we're too divided to achieve the tripod entities you guys daydream about. If Nigeria is to be divided, it will have to be divided into at least fifty countries to achieve the 'pure ethnic' identities you lot crave for - due to the following reasons:

- I can't see an Itsekiri, Edo and Urhobo man in the same country as an Ijaw man.
- I don't think an Annang, Urhobo, Olukunmi, Ika, Ikwerre, Ibibio and Efik man would want to be in the same country as an Igbo man.

I wonder where you obtained the research data to suggest the bolded. In the absence of such data, I would say that you are just being another typical Yoruba man dividing up another man's house while expecting others to keep yours intact. If you doubt it, listen to yourself in the bolded words below:

- Yorubas in Kwara, Kogi, Niger, Edo and Delta won't want to separated from their brothers in the Southwest.

My friend there are no Yoruba in Delta state. undecided

I love Nigeria and Nigerians - and if I die right now - I would love to come back as a Nigerian.

My friend you don't love Nigeria. You love YOURSELF. If Nigeria were a "zebu cattle", you are only interested in it because you want to enjoy the "tozo" part of the meat when it is eventually killed and shared. cool

N/B: I'm yoruba and I'll like to marry a woman from one of the other tribes. wink .....

I hope you never find an Igbo woman that will agree to marry you. That is what you people do these days - hate Igbo with all your might, but go and marry a "trophy" Igbo wife to ride in triumph every night.
BTW that is why I will try my best to dissuade any Igbo woman from marrying any Yoruba man. Most of you lack the most basic sense of universal justice.

Good luck with your poll. wink

4 Likes

Re: If You're Sick And Tired Of E-wars Between Yorubas And Igbos On NL - Vote Here! by Nobody: 6:07pm On Mar 26, 2012
Chyz*:

Why do you have to uncouth and abusive all the time? Who the hell is Jason? Take a chill pill, and drink some cold water - life is short.
Re: If You're Sick And Tired Of E-wars Between Yorubas And Igbos On NL - Vote Here! by naptu2: 6:08pm On Mar 26, 2012
It is a race to determine who is the most stupid.

This is the way it plays out. A bigot from ethnic group B makes a stupid statement about ethnic group A. Someone from ethnic group A sees the statement and, rather than correcting the bigot or taking the higher moral road, he decides to "defend his tribe" and makes a stupid statement about ethnic group B.

What follows is a race to determine who is more stupid.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You're Sick And Tired Of E-wars Between Yorubas And Igbos On NL - Vote Here! by Nobody: 6:11pm On Mar 26, 2012
OnlyNonsense:

[size=28pt]

[/size]

Have you taken your pills today?

How can an educated fellow say there's no Yoruba in Delta? Abi have they appointed you the Yoruba-butt-sniffer eze wuru wuru of Delta to sniff out Yorubas? If so, congratulations, but it looks like you'll get fired if you keep making air-head statements like this one.

1 Like

Re: If You're Sick And Tired Of E-wars Between Yorubas And Igbos On NL - Vote Here! by Nobody: 6:12pm On Mar 26, 2012
shymmex:

Why do you have to uncouth and abusive all the time? Who the hell is Jason? Take a chill pill, and drink some cold water - life is short.

Don't mind him. That's my boo, always so uncultured and mentally malfunctioned.
Re: If You're Sick And Tired Of E-wars Between Yorubas And Igbos On NL - Vote Here! by Dainfamous: 6:12pm On Mar 26, 2012
their is nothing wrong about tribalism is a way of life,haters+jealousy=tribalism so you cant minus or add sad sad just keep on with the hit thats only way haters can understand and keep off, their is nothing like Mr nice all Na pretense as well as best friends your best mate will be responsible for your down fall no doubt,so me i keep pushing my trigger none stop wink wink wink wink wink
Re: If You're Sick And Tired Of E-wars Between Yorubas And Igbos On NL - Vote Here! by Nobody: 6:14pm On Mar 26, 2012
shymmex:

You need to check Udezue's posts on the culture section, before throwing the baby away with the bad water. I'm not forcing you stop being a tribalist - good luck to you, just know Nigeria has come here to stay.

I'm not a tribalist. I come on NL in peace, to fight tribalism. Let's all hold hands. Yoruba to igbo to Bini to Hausa . . . . we're all one.
No tribalism, from a Yoruba love.

Now back to udezue, the only thing he does right in his post is correctly spelling "fccuk you".

1 Like

Re: If You're Sick And Tired Of E-wars Between Yorubas And Igbos On NL - Vote Here! by Dainfamous: 6:15pm On Mar 26, 2012
Chyz*:
sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sadwhat a waste angry angry angry angry angry
Re: If You're Sick And Tired Of E-wars Between Yorubas And Igbos On NL - Vote Here! by MrGlobe(m): 6:16pm On Mar 26, 2012
Igbo and Yoruba cannot mix together. They are like garri and sand (maybe respectively). So this post is another trash. The rivalry is exepected as an igbo man cannot trust a yoruba man he naturally thinks is corny just as ojukwu thought of awo. My opinion is that this country should be divided. There is Acn, apga and cpc already with different ideologies, cultures and backgounds while then is there a pretence of one nigeria?

3 Likes

Re: If You're Sick And Tired Of E-wars Between Yorubas And Igbos On NL - Vote Here! by Nobody: 6:19pm On Mar 26, 2012
Mr. Globe:
Igbo and Yoruba cannot mix together. They are like garri and sand (maybe respectively). So this post is another trash. The rivalry is exepected as an igbo man cannot trust a yoruba man he naturally thinks is corny just as ojukwu thought of awo. My opinion is that this country should be divided. There is Acn, apga and cpc already with different ideologies, cultures and backgounds while then is there a pretence of one nigeria?

AS IF YOU DON'T EAT GARRI AND SAND FOR DINNER. Nigeria's #1 sufferhead.
Chaiii, being a poor man in a poor country; God and his cruel jokes.
Re: If You're Sick And Tired Of E-wars Between Yorubas And Igbos On NL - Vote Here! by Chyz2: 6:20pm On Mar 26, 2012
grin
Ileke-IdI:

Don't mind him. That's my boo, always so uncultured and mentally malfunctioned.

See a yoruba telling an Anioma man he is unclutured. I dey laugh. The only thing you people have left in your culture is Juju and postrating(no wonder yoruba women are so good on their knees )
Re: If You're Sick And Tired Of E-wars Between Yorubas And Igbos On NL - Vote Here! by Chyz2: 6:22pm On Mar 26, 2012
shymmex:

I agree. Life IS short so no point of you living. Kill yourself!
Re: If You're Sick And Tired Of E-wars Between Yorubas And Igbos On NL - Vote Here! by Nobody: 6:22pm On Mar 26, 2012
Onlytruth:

I wonder where you obtained the research data to suggest the bolded. In the absence of such data, I would say that you are just being another typical Yoruba man dividing up another man's house while expecting others to keep yours intact. If you doubt it, listen to yourself in the bolded words below:

That's my opinion based on my personal research, and articles written by Nigerian academics (I'm sure these articles are based on people from these subgroups as well). I'm entitled to my opinion, and you're entitled to yours - yo may have to agree to disagree, Eze Onlytruth. At the end of the day, you and I were raised as Nigerians.

You're entitled to your opinion - but the ITSEKIRIS have never denied their Yoruba ancestry, and their Ijebu language. And the last time I checked, the Olukunmis have never denied their Yoruba ancestry. Saying there are no Yorubas in Delta state, is like saying there are no Ijebus in Lagos state. We the Ijebus from Epe, Ikorodu, Idumagbo and Ibeju Lekki are proud Lagosians - but we know we're 100% Ijebus - and Ijebu Ode will always be our capital city. Awujale has more leverage over us, than the Oba of Lagos, go figure.

My friend you don't love Nigeria. You love YOURSELF. If Nigeria were a "zebu cattle", you are only interested in it because you want to enjoy the "tozo" part of the meat when it is eventually killed and shared. cool

What are you on about? I've NEVER enjoy anything from the Nigerian Nation - and Nigeria has NEVER done anything for me. I'm just proud being a Nigerian because there is something mysterious about being a Nigerian, which keeps me going everyday. Nigeria and Nigerians motivate me everyday - the diversity, the resilient people, the Nigerian academics etc. I wouldn't want to be from anywhere else, mate.

I hope you never find an Igbo woman that will agree to marry you. That is what you people do these days - hate Igbo with all your might, but go and marry a "trophy" Igbo wife to ride in triumph every night.
BTW that is why I will try my best to dissuade any Igbo woman from marrying any Yoruba man. Most of you lack the most basic sense of universal justice.

Good luck to you, I never mentioned Igbos girls; and FYI, there are more than 100 tribes in Nigeria. I'm not looking for a "trophy" like you want to put it - I just love the diversity it will bring. And I don't hate Igbo people, and if Igbos want to judge me based on their hatred for the Yoruba race - good luck to you guys and your Biafran pipe dream. Nigeria is not going anywhere anytime soon cheesy

3 Likes

Re: If You're Sick And Tired Of E-wars Between Yorubas And Igbos On NL - Vote Here! by Dainfamous: 6:22pm On Mar 26, 2012
Mr. Globe:
wink wink wink wink wink wink wink wink wink wink wink wink wink wink wink wink wink wink wink wink wink wink
Re: If You're Sick And Tired Of E-wars Between Yorubas And Igbos On NL - Vote Here! by Yeske2(m): 6:25pm On Mar 26, 2012
@OP, see your life! Imagine bringing up a topic about tribalism on NL and finishing up with Biafra and Ndigbo. It just shows how biased and myopic you are. A known bigot like you having the guts to lecture us and you fired the first shot. Nonsense.

2 Likes

Re: If You're Sick And Tired Of E-wars Between Yorubas And Igbos On NL - Vote Here! by Beaf: 6:25pm On Mar 26, 2012
Ileke-IdI:

Have you taken your pills today?

How can an educated fellow say there's no Yoruba in Delta? Abi have they appointed you the Yoruba-butt-sniffer eze wuru wuru of Delta to sniff out Yorubas? If so, congratulations, but it looks like you'll get fired if you keep making air-head statements like this one.

There are no Yoruba's in Delta state.
I wish people would leave my state out of all this ethnic chauvinism.
Re: If You're Sick And Tired Of E-wars Between Yorubas And Igbos On NL - Vote Here! by drnoel: 6:26pm On Mar 26, 2012
This post and all ur comments is what people 4rm other countries read and think we Nigerians are all mad, I pity all of u in this time and age who still have this kind of mentality. It just shows the world would just move away and leave u people behind with ur ancient mentality.

2 Likes

Re: If You're Sick And Tired Of E-wars Between Yorubas And Igbos On NL - Vote Here! by Nobody: 6:27pm On Mar 26, 2012
Chyz*:
grin

See a yoruba telling an Anioma man he is unclutured. I dey laugh. The only thing you people have left in your culture is Juju and postrating(no wonder yoruba women are so good on their knees )

See an anioma boy telling a Yoruba woman what "little" culture she has when he has none. Behave yourself, olodo.
Re: If You're Sick And Tired Of E-wars Between Yorubas And Igbos On NL - Vote Here! by Nobody: 6:28pm On Mar 26, 2012
Mr. Globe:

Are the words "tolerance" and "common interests" missing from your dictionary? The fact that we both fall under the same linguistic subgroup, shows we have a lot in common. We just need to explore more, and we'll get there.

There is no "pure Igbo man or woman" out there, we've all mixed from eons - if you hate the Yorubas, then you definitely the little yoruba blood in your body - and vice versa.
Re: If You're Sick And Tired Of E-wars Between Yorubas And Igbos On NL - Vote Here! by Nobody: 6:29pm On Mar 26, 2012
Beaf:

Yet I have yoruba friends who currently graduated and moved back to Delta (where their family have been living for generations).
Delta being your state does not validate the air-head statement. Unless you and Only knows every individual in Delta's population, then the case is closed.
Re: If You're Sick And Tired Of E-wars Between Yorubas And Igbos On NL - Vote Here! by Nobody: 6:29pm On Mar 26, 2012
Nawa o! could this be the real igbo-yoruba relationship?
Re: If You're Sick And Tired Of E-wars Between Yorubas And Igbos On NL - Vote Here! by Dainfamous: 6:30pm On Mar 26, 2012
Beaf:

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy yoruba people think delta state is weak for a cheap grab that will be their "Waterloo" these time we will take back all our oil wells from ondo that will be our first step cheesy
Re: If You're Sick And Tired Of E-wars Between Yorubas And Igbos On NL - Vote Here! by Nobody: 6:30pm On Mar 26, 2012
Chyz*:

I agree. Life IS short so no point of you living. Kill yourself!
So uncultured. Shamefully begging me to potty train him.
Re: If You're Sick And Tired Of E-wars Between Yorubas And Igbos On NL - Vote Here! by Nobody: 6:32pm On Mar 26, 2012
Yeske!:
@OP, see your life! Imagine bringing up a topic about tribalism on NL and finishing up with Biafra and Ndigbo. It just shows how biased and myopic you are. A known bigot like you having the guts to lecture us and you fired the first shot. Nonsense.

That's just my personal opinion based on my research. I just think most NL Igbos are the bitter about the Biafran war. We need to move on, brother. You speak and write perfect Yoruba; yet you have so much hatred for the people you speak their language, don't you think that shows you hate yourself as well?
Re: If You're Sick And Tired Of E-wars Between Yorubas And Igbos On NL - Vote Here! by Yeske2(m): 6:34pm On Mar 26, 2012
Ileke-IdI:

Nansense.

Always taking the first shots in stuffs like this, your favourite past-time.
Re: If You're Sick And Tired Of E-wars Between Yorubas And Igbos On NL - Vote Here! by Nobody: 6:34pm On Mar 26, 2012
Beaf:

The Itsekiris are Yorubas and will always be - just as the Ishan and Edo people are the same people. If you can't separate the Aniomas from the Igbos, why would you want to separate the Itsekiris from the Yorubas?? I guess it's because they own 85% of the oil wealth in Delta state, huh?? What about the Ilajes in Delta state - are you saying they are not Yorubas as well?
Re: If You're Sick And Tired Of E-wars Between Yorubas And Igbos On NL - Vote Here! by Nobody: 6:37pm On Mar 26, 2012
shymmex:

The Itsekiris are Yorubas and will always be - just as the Ishan and Edo people are the same people. If you can't separate the Aniomas from the Igbos, why would you want to separate the Itsekiris from the Yorubas?? I guess it's because they own 85% of the oil wealth in Delta state, huh?? What about the Ilajes in Delta state - are you saying they are not Yorubas as well?

Are you Itsekiri. I can't even understand your language. But then, I can't understand some of Ondo's dialects. By this time in 10years, Ijaws will also be Yoruba.
It's so sad that people cannot define, for certain, their roots any more.
Re: If You're Sick And Tired Of E-wars Between Yorubas And Igbos On NL - Vote Here! by Nobody: 6:39pm On Mar 26, 2012
Ileke-IdI:

Are you Itsekiri. I can't even understand your language. But then, I can't understand some of Ondo's dialects. By this time in 10years, Ijaws will also be Yoruba.
It's so sad that people cannot define, for certain, their roots any more.

My Dad speaks Ijebu, and he understands Itsekiri language. I understand the a little bit though. If you can understand Ijebu, you won't have a problem with Itsekiri language.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Gunmen Abduct German In Adamawa / Fuel Price Hike Looms Nationwide As Marketers Meet / Sagay: FG’s Probe May Have Affected Magu Psychologically

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.