Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,146 members, 7,821,906 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:24 PM

If You're Sick And Tired Of E-wars Between Yorubas And Igbos On NL - Vote Here! - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / If You're Sick And Tired Of E-wars Between Yorubas And Igbos On NL - Vote Here! (13451 Views)

Poll: Are you sick and tired of tribalism?

Yes: 78% (118 votes)
No: 21% (33 votes)
This poll has ended

Clash Between Yorubas And Nupes In Kwara (Photos) / Fight Between Yorubas And Nupes Now Bloody, In Kwara State - Ebiraland. / Boko Haram Killing Yorubas And Igbos 3-days Expired (pix)! -vanguard Newspaper (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Go Down)

Re: If You're Sick And Tired Of E-wars Between Yorubas And Igbos On NL - Vote Here! by odumchi: 8:14pm On Mar 26, 2012
shymmex:

I guess you can't accept that part of the Yoruba race owns 95% of the oil wealth in Delta state, huh? Live with it buddy! cheesy

Wasn't this the guy clamouring for an end to tribalism? undecided

I rest my case.
Re: If You're Sick And Tired Of E-wars Between Yorubas And Igbos On NL - Vote Here! by Nobody: 8:15pm On Mar 26, 2012
One_Naira:

Aww damn!! I thought as much. After reading his replies on his page alone, it kept nibbing at me that he's word sound oddly similar with another member.
No wonder

Na wa oo!!! for that man. He has the time for sure.

Ediot, every itsekiri on nL is Jason123 to you guys. seriously, how did you get past your 18th birthday?
Re: If You're Sick And Tired Of E-wars Between Yorubas And Igbos On NL - Vote Here! by bashr8: 8:16pm On Mar 26, 2012
Ileke-IdI:

Wouldnt you feel that way since you're a product of a mad woman? shocked
Add that to your story book tongue
boring , do you see anyother woman here, shamless thing , no wonder nobody wants your kind even when your men are allowed to marry multiple women they still run away from you.

2 Likes

Re: If You're Sick And Tired Of E-wars Between Yorubas And Igbos On NL - Vote Here! by Nobody: 8:18pm On Mar 26, 2012
bashr8: boring , do you see anyother woman here, shamless thing , no wonder nobody wants your kind even when your men are allowed to marry multiple women they still run away from you.

is that so? How dey come run? Nike shoes or Jordans? grin
Plz, hold on, lemme answer my igbo friend who has been hollering for this puzzie grin 10 mins.
Re: If You're Sick And Tired Of E-wars Between Yorubas And Igbos On NL - Vote Here! by Nobody: 8:19pm On Mar 26, 2012
odumchi:

The dues of freedom are taken lightly until requested in blood.

Everyman born of woman has the right to wish that his father's soil and all that is in it be one day in his hands.

You know what happened the first time - and I won't mind joining the Nigerian army this time to stop disintegration. If giving my life is what's going to take, to keep Nigeria as one, I'll gladly do it. My life is precious but I want a better life for my unborn kids. We have to keep Nigeria as one to stop the unending civil war, which will engulf the whole region, if Nigeria disintegrates. You lot think it's going to be easy but it's not.

I don't see Igbos sticking to only their God given land - I know you lot will want to expand to other people's territories for access to the Atlantic ocean, and the same goes for the Ijaws and the Hausa/fulani. I also don't see Yorubas giving up Yoruba regions in Kwara, Kogi and Delta state. cool
Re: If You're Sick And Tired Of E-wars Between Yorubas And Igbos On NL - Vote Here! by OneNaira6: 8:20pm On Mar 26, 2012
Ileke-IdI:

Ediot, every itsekiri on nL is Jason123 to you guys. seriously, how did you get past your 18th birthday?

Really you still seeking my attention? Ogoni kwa, following me around like a dog. Nwanyi, stop being an attention seeking LovePeddler. You no get life?

By the way: Even jason123 is not Iteskiri like he claims, a typical delta knows that man is not from delta or anywhere close to it. Also, pretty much all of us are used to him opening up account multiple times while denying it when caught.

I'm not surprise you fall for it all the time, I mean na empty shell dey your head anyway.

Anyway stop being an attention seeking LovePeddler. When you are boring, you are boring, people will stop talking to you, focus on the ones that are still talking to you. You are boring, you repeat the same crap over and over again like an 1diot thus YAWN!!!. You just bore me lady!!!!

2 Likes

Re: If You're Sick And Tired Of E-wars Between Yorubas And Igbos On NL - Vote Here! by Nobody: 8:20pm On Mar 26, 2012
Beaf:

I see you are tickled with Nazi propaganda. Lol!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aryan_race

confused you didn't i? now heres the actual jeck; germans were saxons, english descended from saxons!
i knew you had no idea hence the trick
Re: If You're Sick And Tired Of E-wars Between Yorubas And Igbos On NL - Vote Here! by Nobody: 8:22pm On Mar 26, 2012
odumchi:

Wasn't this the guy clamouring for an end to tribalism? undecided

I rest my case.

How does being a realist and saying the truth equates to tribalism? The truth is bitter!
Re: If You're Sick And Tired Of E-wars Between Yorubas And Igbos On NL - Vote Here! by bashr8: 8:22pm On Mar 26, 2012
shymmex:

You know what happened the first time - and I won't mind joining the Nigerian army this time to stop disintegration. If giving my life is what's going to take, to keep Nigeria as one, I'll gladly do it. My life is precious but I want a better life for my unborn kids. We have to keep Nigeria as one to stop the unending civil war, which will engulf the whole region, if Nigeria disintegrates. You lot think it's going to be easy but it's not.

I don't see Igbos sticking to only their God given land - I know you lot will want to expand to other people's territories for access to the Atlantic ocean, and the same goes for the Ijaws and the Hausa/fulani. I also don't see Yorubas giving up Yoruba regions in Kwara, Kogi and Delta state. cool
face your problems in yorubaland and leave igbos out of this olodo,, the same way you have occupied london .thank you for declaring your treachery on ti9me
Re: If You're Sick And Tired Of E-wars Between Yorubas And Igbos On NL - Vote Here! by Beaf: 8:22pm On Mar 26, 2012
shymmex:

I guess you can't accept that part of the Yoruba race owns 95% of the oil wealth in Delta state, huh? Live with it buddy! cheesy

Lolzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz!

OIL!

Now we see the reason for the land grab! embarassed
Re: If You're Sick And Tired Of E-wars Between Yorubas And Igbos On NL - Vote Here! by lagcity(m): 8:23pm On Mar 26, 2012
Yes. I am sick of it.
Re: If You're Sick And Tired Of E-wars Between Yorubas And Igbos On NL - Vote Here! by Nobody: 8:24pm On Mar 26, 2012
One_Naira:

Really you still seeking my attention. Nwanyi, stop being an attention seeking LovePeddler. You no get life?

By the way: Even jason123 is not Iteskiri like he claims, a typical delta knows that man is not from delta or anywhere close to it. Also, pretty much all of us are used to him opening up account multiple times while denying it when caught.

I'm not surprise you fall for it all the time, I mean na empty shell dey your head anyway.

Anyway stop being an attention seeking LovePeddler. When you are boring, you are boring, people will stop talking to you, focus on the ones that are still talking to you. You are boring, you repeat the same crap over and over again like an 1diot thus YAWN!!!. You just bore me lady!!!!

You're even aggressing towards your father's profession. Even whores no wan shine your congo abi?

Use vaseline. desperate time calls for desperate moves. wink

cocoa butter won't dry out that tiny pimple.

[img]http://lh3.googleusercontent.com/public/j7YAD1dcIx32ipjklMIpTW7fTs7tVZUiXMdcp2VP32wIntnHXb8H_YHxDn1K2zixuFdJpj0nb09DTW-8nprmNBjv_s4UroqmF74d_0B1pqhtMqXMwq4fnIJPZWTtpmh26HlK6_ZZ8bBkEHws7CfbwF8[/img]
Re: If You're Sick And Tired Of E-wars Between Yorubas And Igbos On NL - Vote Here! by Nobody: 8:26pm On Mar 26, 2012
bashr8: face your problems in yorubaland and leave igbos out of this olodo,, the same way you have occupied london .thank you for declaring your treachery on ti9me

Occupied London, the same way the British occupied my homeland and stole all my artefacts. If you've a problem with that, the Japanese nuclear reactors at fukushima won't mind giving you a hug. lipsrsealed
Re: If You're Sick And Tired Of E-wars Between Yorubas And Igbos On NL - Vote Here! by Beaf: 8:26pm On Mar 26, 2012
torkaka:

confused you didn't i? now heres the actual jeck; germans were saxons, english descended from saxons!
i knew you had no idea hence the trick

Crap, sir.
Stop running away from your original claim about Aryans and trying to make your error into a "trick."
How does that work? Lol!

Your Aryan race has always been a mere concept and a worthy one in the hands of racists and Nazi's.
Re: If You're Sick And Tired Of E-wars Between Yorubas And Igbos On NL - Vote Here! by bashr8: 8:27pm On Mar 26, 2012
Ileke-IdI:

You're even aggressing towards your father's profession. Even whores no wan shine your congo abi?

[img]http://lh3.googleusercontent.com/public/j7YAD1dcIx32ipjklMIpTW7fTs7tVZUiXMdcp2VP32wIntnHXb8H_YHxDn1K2zixuFdJpj0nb09DTW-8nprmNBjv_s4UroqmF74d_0B1pqhtMqXMwq4fnIJPZWTtpmh26HlK6_ZZ8bBkEHws7CfbwF8[/img]
this is what sex deprivation can cause , woman fighting e war with men smh.
Re: If You're Sick And Tired Of E-wars Between Yorubas And Igbos On NL - Vote Here! by OneNaira6: 8:30pm On Mar 26, 2012
Ileke-IdI:

see, the same sh1t thus BORING.

YAWN!!!
Re: If You're Sick And Tired Of E-wars Between Yorubas And Igbos On NL - Vote Here! by Nobody: 8:32pm On Mar 26, 2012
Beaf:

Crap, sir.
Stop running away from your original claim about Aryans and trying to make your error into a "trick."
How does that work? Lol!

Your Aryan race has always been a mere concept and a worthy one in the hands of racists and Nazi's.

the "key" thing is english are descendants of germans (which killed what you were saying earlier). argue that!
Re: If You're Sick And Tired Of E-wars Between Yorubas And Igbos On NL - Vote Here! by MrGlobe(m): 8:35pm On Mar 26, 2012
Ileke-IdI:

Posts like yours s the reason why Igbo girls hump on Yoruba dciik @ the slightest opportunity.
LMAOOOOOOOOOO. This made me come back to this silly thread. Listen, any igbo woman that will hump on yoruba dikc is sick and was probably marriless in the east. I just imagine ngozi humping on kehinde's dick?? Lmaooo. Igbos dont like what yoruba like. Ileke, can you just go back to your ancient town and stfu. How can you be a tribalist when your tribe is below? Reverse tribalism? LoL
Re: If You're Sick And Tired Of E-wars Between Yorubas And Igbos On NL - Vote Here! by Nobody: 8:37pm On Mar 26, 2012
Mr. Globe:

LMAOOOOOOOOOO. This made me come back to this silly thread. Listen, any igbo woman that will hump on yoruba dikc is sick and was probably marriless in the east. I just imagine ngozi humping on kehinde's dick?? Lmaooo. Igbos dont like what yoruba like. Ileke, can you just go back to your ancient town and stfu. How can you be a tribalist when your tribe is below? Reverse tribalism? LoL

Mr. Globe, you sound like a villager - please take your tribalism off my thread. Thank you and God bless in advance! undecided
Re: If You're Sick And Tired Of E-wars Between Yorubas And Igbos On NL - Vote Here! by Nobody: 8:39pm On Mar 26, 2012
One_Naira:

see, the same sh1t thus BORING.

YAWN!!!

bashr8: this is what sex deprivation can cause , woman fighting e war with men smh.

Now that's more like it. work togther, because alone you tw are pathetic grin grin

Mr. Globe:

Story story. cheesy
After we don get many mixed babies about, this one sef. I'm sure you're part Yoruba sef. let me not wash your family secret on NL .
Re: If You're Sick And Tired Of E-wars Between Yorubas And Igbos On NL - Vote Here! by Nobody: 8:41pm On Mar 26, 2012
Mr. Globe:

interesting. How do threads like this remain on the board for longer than 5 mins?
Re: If You're Sick And Tired Of E-wars Between Yorubas And Igbos On NL - Vote Here! by odumchi: 8:42pm On Mar 26, 2012
shymmex:

You know what happened the first time - and I won't mind joining the Nigerian army this time to stop disintegration. If giving my life is what's going to take to keep Nigeria as one, I'll gladly do it. My life is precious but I want a better life for my unborn kids. We have to keep Nigeria as one to stop an unending civil war that will engulf the whole region, if Nigeria disintegrate. You lot think it's going to be easy but it's not.

Oh please. Spare me the 'patriot to the end' act.

The root of all of this perceived tribalism is the fact that we were all lumped together as one (not that there aren't any positives). If everyone were on his own, there wouldn't be a need for this discussion. Prior to colonization, we peacefully coexisted in kingdoms, empires, and confederacies of our own design so why is it so risky to do it again now?

Don't say that 'Igbos can't live with x' or 'x can't love with y' because, in the face of all of our problems now (suicide bombing, corruption, economic decay), there is no group that wouldn't jump at the opportunity to secede. If Igboland (in it's entire size) were to secede today, the Ibibio and others would be clamouring at why they were not allowed to secede also. And again with the borders. The geography of the East is quite unique. Rivers state is 25% water. Were a port to be built along one of the rivers that empty into the Atlantic, a direct sea route would-be established.

Also the Igbo and other Eastern peoples have been trading with Europeans at ports such as Opobo and Calabar for centuries so why can't we do it again today? And of course there is always Onicha port along the Niger...
Re: If You're Sick And Tired Of E-wars Between Yorubas And Igbos On NL - Vote Here! by Beaf: 8:43pm On Mar 26, 2012
torkaka:

the "key" thing is english are descendants of germans (which killed what you were saying earlier). argue that!

Does this make Itsekiri people Yoruba? This is getting hilarious, or is it another "trick?" grin
Dude, Itsekiri language is generally agreed to be older than Yoruba. So how is the descent thing gonna work?

Bruv, anoda "trick" is needed o!
Re: If You're Sick And Tired Of E-wars Between Yorubas And Igbos On NL - Vote Here! by PointB: 8:51pm On Mar 26, 2012
shymmex:

Spoken like a true coward.

Anyway,my response to this topic is this. Igbo will never forget the event of the civil war until issues that led to it is truly and fairly addressed. Until then, those who are tired of Biafra talk should get the heck out the hot kitchen. Nairaland politics section is not for the faint of heart. If Nigeria is not restructured peacefully, eventually we will generated enough passion and sentiment for a conflagration.

Like many I am sick of Nigeria, and if war and death is what will give a better future to the next generation, I am ready to meet you or any Yoruba man who take up arm against an attempt for another secession. Perhaps from the ashes of a burnt Nigeria, better nations will arise.

But it will do you a lot of good to focus more on your Yoruba land (especially the part Hausa are laying claim on), and less about what Igbo might or might not do. You are not Igbo!

1 Like

Re: If You're Sick And Tired Of E-wars Between Yorubas And Igbos On NL - Vote Here! by Nobody: 8:51pm On Mar 26, 2012
odumchi:

Oh please. Spare me the 'patriot to the end' act.

The root of all of this perceived tribalism is the fact that we were all lumped together as one (not that there aren't any positives). If everyone were on his own, there wouldn't be a need for this discussion. Prior to colonization, we peacefully coexisted in kingdoms, empires, and confederacies of our own design so why is it so risky to do it again now?

Don't say that 'Igbos can't live with x' or 'x can't love with y' because, in the face of all of our problems now (suicide bombing, corruption, economic decay), there is no group that wouldn't jump at the opportunity to secede. If Igboland (in it's entire size) were to secede today, the Ibibio and others would be clamouring at why they were not allowed to secede also. And again with the borders. The geography of the East is quite unique. Rivers state is 25% water. Were a port to be built along one of the rivers that empty into the Atlantic, a direct sea route would-be established.

Also Igbo and Eastern people have been trading with Europeans at ports such as Opobo and Calabar for centuries so why can't we do it again today? And of course there is always Onicha port along the Niger...

"X" and "Y" came together because Nnamidi Azikwe wanted it to be like that - and we've to live with it. Nigeria is the brainchild of our founding fathers - and we have to live with it.

I don't know why some of you are suicidal in nature - can you defeat the Nigerian army in a REAL WAR?
Re: If You're Sick And Tired Of E-wars Between Yorubas And Igbos On NL - Vote Here! by Nobody: 8:52pm On Mar 26, 2012
Beaf:

Does this make Itsekiri people Yoruba? This is getting hilarious, or is it another "trick?" grin
Dude, Itsekiri language is generally agreed to be older than Yoruba. So how is the descent thing gonna work?

Bruv, anoda "trick" is needed o!

How can Itsekiri language be older than Yoruba language - when their language is an Ijebu dialect?

Stick to posting fun pics!
Re: If You're Sick And Tired Of E-wars Between Yorubas And Igbos On NL - Vote Here! by BABE3: 8:53pm On Mar 26, 2012
Mr. Globe:

A typical effect of tribalism. A ret[i]arde[/i]d person will laugh at that post. Mr Globe, in an attempt to laud your tribe, you sounded like a "slow" key stage 2 pupil.

Easy my brother. It's not that serious.
Re: If You're Sick And Tired Of E-wars Between Yorubas And Igbos On NL - Vote Here! by Nobody: 8:54pm On Mar 26, 2012
Beaf:

itsekiris are yorubas,just like english people are saxons,just like bachave(in cross rivers) are tivs,just like alagos are idomas! get it?
Re: If You're Sick And Tired Of E-wars Between Yorubas And Igbos On NL - Vote Here! by PointB: 8:54pm On Mar 26, 2012
shymmex:

"X" and "Y" came together because Nnamidi Azikwe wanted it to be like that - and we've to live with it. Nigeria is the brainchild of our founding fathers - and we have to live with it.

I don't know why some of you are suicidal in nature - can you defeat the Nigerian army in a REAL WAR?

There is no need to defeat Nigerian Army; when the poo hit the fans, soldiers will answer their father's name like they did in 1967! Besides, unlike 1967, I dont see some ethnic group fight against another.

But if it comes to it, Hausa/Fulani Army, with the the unlikely or rather half hearted support of Yoruba, cannot defeat any core southern ethnic group in REAL WAR!
Re: If You're Sick And Tired Of E-wars Between Yorubas And Igbos On NL - Vote Here! by Nobody: 8:55pm On Mar 26, 2012
PointB:

Spoken like a true coward.

Anyway,my response to this topic is this. Igbo will never forget the event of the civil war until issues that led to it is truly and fairly addressed. Until then, those who are tired of Biafra talk should get the heck out the hot kitchen. Nairaland politics section is not for the faint of heart. If Nigeria is not restructured peacefully, eventually we will generated enough passion and sentiment for a conflagration.

Like many I am sick of Nigeria, and if war and death is what will give a better future to the next generation, I am ready to meet you or any Yoruba man who take up arm against an attempt for another secession. Perhaps from the ashes of a burnt Nigeria, better nations will arise.

But it will do you a lot of good to focus more on your Yoruba land (especially the part Hausa are laying claim on), and less about what Igbo might or might not do. You are not Igbo!

If Igbos won't forget about Biafra, check out this post: https://www.nairaland.com/899348/nigerian-civil-war-rematch

You have a week declare Biafra Republic - if you don't, then you're a coward.
Re: If You're Sick And Tired Of E-wars Between Yorubas And Igbos On NL - Vote Here! by Beaf: 8:56pm On Mar 26, 2012
shymmex:

How can Itsekiri language be older than Yoruba language - when their language is an Ijebu dialect?

Stick to posting fun pics!

It has [b]nothing [/b]to do with Ijebu. It is closest to Ilaje and Igala.
Re: If You're Sick And Tired Of E-wars Between Yorubas And Igbos On NL - Vote Here! by Beaf: 8:58pm On Mar 26, 2012
torkaka:

itsekiris are yorubas,just like english people are saxons,just like bachave(in cross rivers) are tivs,just like alagos are idomas! get it?

I thought the English were Germans by your earlier argument? No?
I will allow you to keep dreaming. But dreams get you nowhere.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

EFCC Must Stop Acting Irresponsibly – Fayose / President Buhari Vows To Reverse “Terrible Mismanagement” Of Nigeria / The Papyrus Magazine Holds Three Awards In One Night As Leaders Are Honoured

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.