Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,941 members, 7,821,296 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:04 AM

If You're Sick And Tired Of E-wars Between Yorubas And Igbos On NL - Vote Here! - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / If You're Sick And Tired Of E-wars Between Yorubas And Igbos On NL - Vote Here! (13446 Views)

Poll: Are you sick and tired of tribalism?

Yes: 78% (118 votes)
No: 21% (33 votes)
This poll has ended

Clash Between Yorubas And Nupes In Kwara (Photos) / Fight Between Yorubas And Nupes Now Bloody, In Kwara State - Ebiraland. / Boko Haram Killing Yorubas And Igbos 3-days Expired (pix)! -vanguard Newspaper (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Go Down)

Re: If You're Sick And Tired Of E-wars Between Yorubas And Igbos On NL - Vote Here! by Nobody: 8:58pm On Mar 26, 2012
Beaf:

It has [b]nothing [/b]to do with Ijebu. It is closest to Ilaje and Igala.

I give up!
Re: If You're Sick And Tired Of E-wars Between Yorubas And Igbos On NL - Vote Here! by odumchi: 9:01pm On Mar 26, 2012
shymmex:

"X" and "Y" came together because Nnamidi Azikwe wanted it to be like that - and we've to live with it. Nigeria is the brainchild of our founding fathers - and we have to live with it.

I don't know why some of you are suicidal in nature - can you defeat the Nigerian army in a REAL WAR?

'X' and 'Y' came together because of Sir Lugard or wasn't Azikiwe born into Nigeria? We were doomed when the first Portuguese man landed in Lagos lagoon.

I don't know why you want me in your country so badly even against my will and then complain when resentment shows itself in the form of tribalism (although there really is no excuse for much of this 'Nairaland tribalism'). To tell you the truth, if you're ready to lift up a gun against me to make sure I remain your 'countryman', I'm equally ready to do the same thing to make sure that my freedom is not compromised.

'I don't hate you, I just want to be on my own' is the mentality I'm sporting.
Re: If You're Sick And Tired Of E-wars Between Yorubas And Igbos On NL - Vote Here! by PointB: 9:02pm On Mar 26, 2012
shymmex:

If Igbos won't forget about Biafra, check out this post: https://www.nairaland.com/899348/nigerian-civil-war-rematch

You have a week declare Biafra Republic - if you don't, then you're a coward.

The poster of that thread, just like this one are both clowns.

I wonder why Yorubas are so fixated with the Biafra issue? Are you the only tribe apart from Igbo affected by the war? Or be honest, are your just angry and ashamed of always been called out on your treachery and cowardice?
Re: If You're Sick And Tired Of E-wars Between Yorubas And Igbos On NL - Vote Here! by Nobody: 9:05pm On Mar 26, 2012
PointB:

There is no need to defeat Nigerian Army; when the poo hit the fans, soldiers will answer their father's name like they did in 1967! Besides, unlike 1967, I dont see some ethnic group fight against another.

But if it comes to it, Hausa/Fulani Army, with the the unlikely or rather half hearted support of Yoruba, cannot defeat any core southern ethnic group in REAL WAR!

Keep living in your fools' paradise! The Biafra took 18 months because Nigeria had a small army, no navy, no airforce back then - and with that, 70% of Biafra was captured within 6 months. MEND and Boko Haram is just politics - in a real war, NO REGION IN NIGERIA can stand the NIGERIAN ARMED FORCES. You will be bombed into oblivion within two weeks.
Re: If You're Sick And Tired Of E-wars Between Yorubas And Igbos On NL - Vote Here! by Nobody: 9:05pm On Mar 26, 2012
Beaf:

I thought the English were Germans by your earlier argument? No?
I will allow you to keep dreaming. But dreams get you nowhere.

finally your level of intelligence has been finally exposed!
pity you didn't know saxons are germans! olodo!
Re: If You're Sick And Tired Of E-wars Between Yorubas And Igbos On NL - Vote Here! by ACM10: 9:07pm On Mar 26, 2012
shymmex: [size=14pt]PLEASE, DON'T DERAIL MY THREAD INTO ANOTHER TRIBAL MUMBO JUMBO. IT'S NIGERIA OR NOTHING!!![/size][size=8pt][/size]

You have already derailed you thread, dummy. Are striving to crack a joke?
Re: If You're Sick And Tired Of E-wars Between Yorubas And Igbos On NL - Vote Here! by Nobody: 9:09pm On Mar 26, 2012
PointB:

The poster of that thread, just like this one are both clowns.

I wonder why Yorubas are so fixated with the Biafra issue? Are you the only tribe apart from Igbo affected by the war? Or be honest, are your just angry and ashamed of always been called out on your treachery and cowardice?

I don't care if you call out individuals from the Yoruba tribe for their "treachery and cowardice" - but calling out the whole tribe under false pretext is wrong. It's time we stopped this redundant buffonery, and embrace each other. You and I were born as Nigerians, and Nigeria was born in us.

Biko, let's embrace Nigeria and vent our collective anger at those holding us down.
Re: If You're Sick And Tired Of E-wars Between Yorubas And Igbos On NL - Vote Here! by phreakabit(m): 9:09pm On Mar 26, 2012
Re: If You're Sick And Tired Of E-wars Between Yorubas And Igbos On NL - Vote Here! by Beaf: 9:13pm On Mar 26, 2012
torkaka:

finally your level of intelligence has been finally exposed!
pity you didn't know saxons are germans! olodo!

No new "tricks?"
It is your lack of intelligence that is making you claim other people.
Re: If You're Sick And Tired Of E-wars Between Yorubas And Igbos On NL - Vote Here! by ACM10: 9:13pm On Mar 26, 2012
afam4eva:

Can you show me an hausa man that has come forward to say that he isn't Yoruba.

Just show me an Ilaje man that has said that he's Yoruba.

he he he
grin grin grin
That dumbo's logic can be quite amusing at times. In his little mind, he sounds intelligent.
Re: If You're Sick And Tired Of E-wars Between Yorubas And Igbos On NL - Vote Here! by PointB: 9:14pm On Mar 26, 2012
shymmex:

Keep living in your fools' paradise! The Biafra took 18 months because Nigeria had a small army, no navy, no airforce back then - and with that, 70% of Biafra was captured within 6 months. MEND and Boko Haram is just politics - in a real war, NO REGION IN NIGERIA can stand the NIGERIAN ARMED FORCES. You will be bombed into oblivion within two weeks.

Lol, you are the one living in dreamland.

In the next war, Nigeria Navy will be met will Biafran Airforce, and of course there wont be any oil money to fund the war. The world will support a divided Nigeria for multiple reasons.

Another war will be civil war, and in civil war, the Army is often divided. We'll most likely have Almajiri's versus seasoned officers. Bombs will be flying from the south.

And Yoruba have better be neutral or choose their friends carefully, because the repercussion will be unimaginable, if they have people of your ilk at decision making level.

In anycase, I know your people very well, they will scamper to safety and watch from distance, only to side with the winning side. Typical! grin grin
Re: If You're Sick And Tired Of E-wars Between Yorubas And Igbos On NL - Vote Here! by odumchi: 9:15pm On Mar 26, 2012
shymmex:

Nigeria had over a hundred thousand troops at it's disposal as opposed to Biafra which never had more than three thousand armed troops at ony one time. Nigeria was supplied with military equipment by the Great Britain and Russia. And also, Nigeria was given a few retired British battleships and cruisers (which it used in the bombardment/invasion of Calabar beachhead) and new Soviet-made mig bombers (flown by Soviet pilots) but yet it still took three years to squeeze the life out of little Biafra.

Hmmm.
Re: If You're Sick And Tired Of E-wars Between Yorubas And Igbos On NL - Vote Here! by PointB: 9:16pm On Mar 26, 2012
shymmex:

I don't care if you call out individuals from the Yoruba tribe for their "treachery and cowardice" - but calling out the whole tribe under false pretext is wrong. It's time we stopped this redundant buffonery, and embrace each other. You and I were born as Nigerians, and Nigeria was born in us.

Biko, let's embrace Nigeria and vent our collective anger at those holding us down.

You called out Igbos without discrimination, and you expect favour from me? Where did you crawl out from? You dish it, you eat it!

We can never embrace Nigeria as it is! To be fair, Yoruba and Hausa/Fulani are the one holding Nigeria down with corruption and ineptitude! It is my opinion, and I hold strongly to it.

Rather than encouraging anyone, to embrace Nigeria, I rather we bring the roof down! The house (Nigeria) was built on quicksand, we want out, and we will never embrace this rubbish of a country!
Re: If You're Sick And Tired Of E-wars Between Yorubas And Igbos On NL - Vote Here! by Nobody: 9:19pm On Mar 26, 2012
Beaf:

No new "tricks?"
It is your lack of intelligence that is making you claim other people.

i take it you have now found out that english are descendants of germans! " i dey laugh"
Re: If You're Sick And Tired Of E-wars Between Yorubas And Igbos On NL - Vote Here! by Beaf: 9:20pm On Mar 26, 2012
torkaka:

i take it you have now found out that english are descendants! " i dey laugh"

Are they Germans? Simple logic.
Re: If You're Sick And Tired Of E-wars Between Yorubas And Igbos On NL - Vote Here! by MrGlobe(m): 9:21pm On Mar 26, 2012
BABE!:

A typical effect of tribalism. A ret[i]arde[/i]d person will laugh at that post. Mr Globe, in an attempt to laud your tribe, you sounded like a "slow" key stage 2 pupil.

Easy my brother. It's not that serious.

so of all the post you saw here, it is only this one you saw as tribalist You lack the courage to call your kinsmen to order? You are indeed a tribalist. I have nothing against yoruba or any tribe. My best friends are yoruba, but threads like these and ijebu woman Illeke di bring out the anger in me.
Re: If You're Sick And Tired Of E-wars Between Yorubas And Igbos On NL - Vote Here! by PointB: 9:26pm On Mar 26, 2012
deleted
Re: If You're Sick And Tired Of E-wars Between Yorubas And Igbos On NL - Vote Here! by Nobody: 9:26pm On Mar 26, 2012
I'm loving this discourse, though some clowns have proven to have thick skulls. I have a dream, and my dream is to see Nigeria take its rightful place as a pacesetter, and the giant of Africa. I want a Nigeria, which other African countries will love to emulate. A Nation, which will liberate the black world from Papua New Guinea - to the ghettos of Europe and America - and the mountains of Indo-Asia.

A big thank you, to all the posters - you lot made my day. You may agree to disagree but it's refreshing to see that we're all passionate about our homeland - in either Biafra lipsrsealed or Nigeria grin.

I'll respond to every attack and compliment for the next two hours, before I hit my books.

Please digest these quotes - these are the quotes from my Pan-Africanism days that changed my life. these quotes took me from the gully roads of South London - to the University - and my life has never been the same since then.

- "I freed thousands of slaves. I could have freed thousands more if they had known they were slaves." - Mama Harriet Tubman

- "First, my people must be taught the knowledge of self. Then and only then will they be able to understand others and that which surrounds them. Anyone who does not have a knowledge of self is considered a victim of either amnesia or unconsciousness and is not very competent. The lack of knowledge of self is a prevailing condition among my people here in America. Gaining the knowledge of self makes us unite into a great unity. Knowledge of self makes you take on the great virtue of learning."- Honorable Elijah Muhammad

- "Judaism, Christianity & Islam are innovations on fragments from the periphery of the African cultural and spiritual system." - Professor James Small

- "The thing to do is to get organized; keep separated and you will be exploited, you will be robbed, you will be killed. Get organized and you will compel the world to respect you."
Marcus Garvey

- "Remain separated and you will suffer; Together we are invincible !" - Haywood Barber, Sr.

- "You're not an African (Nigerian) because you're born in Africa (Nigeria). You're an African (Nigerian) because Africa (Nigeria) is born in you. It's in your genes.... your DNA....your entire biological make up. Whether you like it or not, that's the way it is. However, if you were to embrace this truth with open arms....my, my, my....what a wonderful thing." - Marimba Ani

- "What Black Consciousness seeks to do is to produce at the output end of the process real Black people who do not regard themselves as appendages to white society."
Steve Biko ( The greatest African that ever lived in my opinion - and the father of black consciousness)

- "The most disastrous aspect of colonization which you are the most relunctant to release from your mind is their colonization of the image of God." - Dr. Frances Cress-Welsing

- "Black Consciousness is in essence the realization by the black man of the need to rally together with his brothers around the cause of their operation - the blackness of their skin - and to operate as a group in order to rid themselves of the shackles that bind them to perpetual servitude." - Steve Biko

Keep it coming, guys cool
Re: If You're Sick And Tired Of E-wars Between Yorubas And Igbos On NL - Vote Here! by Nobody: 9:27pm On Mar 26, 2012
Beaf:

they're anglo-saxons (english germans) tongue
Beaf:

they're anglo-saxons (english germans)
Re: If You're Sick And Tired Of E-wars Between Yorubas And Igbos On NL - Vote Here! by Vansnickers: 9:29pm On Mar 26, 2012
Da infamous: their is nothing wrong about tribalism is a way of life,haters+jealousy=tribalism so you cant minus or add sad sad just keep on with the hit thats only way haters can understand and keep off, their is nothing like Mr nice all Na pretense as well as best friends your best mate will be responsible for your down fall no doubt,so me i keep pushing my trigger none stop wink wink wink wink wink

Congrats, you have just revealed your Ignorance to the whole World Wide Web.
Re: If You're Sick And Tired Of E-wars Between Yorubas And Igbos On NL - Vote Here! by Nobody: 9:29pm On Mar 26, 2012
PointB:

You called out Igbos without discrimination, and you expect favour from me? Where did you crawl out from? You dish it, you eat it!

We can never embrace Nigeria as it is! To be fair, Yoruba and Hausa/Fulani are the one holding Nigeria down with corruption and ineptitude! It is my opinion, and I hold strongly to it.

Rather than encouraging anyone, to embrace Nigeria, I rather we bring the roof down! The house (Nigeria) was built on quicksand, we want out, and we will never embrace this rubbish of a country!

Do you think your Biafra would have been better than present day Nigeria? The last time I checked, all the governors in the East are IGBOS - how come it's still a shytehole?
Re: If You're Sick And Tired Of E-wars Between Yorubas And Igbos On NL - Vote Here! by Afam4eva(m): 9:36pm On Mar 26, 2012
shymmex:

Do you think your Biafra would have been better than present day Nigeria? The last time I checked, all the governors in the East are IGBOS - how come it's still a shytehole?

Your 1diocy is unquantifiable. Let's assume the south-east is a shit-hole like your big bigoted mouth posited. So, how is a state in a country that is bound by a federal constitution the same with a sovereign entity. The more you talk the more your 1diocy is brougth to the front burner. Please, i beg you, we have enough 1diots in Nigeria already. Can you please, in the name of God torment the british with your 1diotic and insensitive juvenile nonsense.

1 Like

Re: If You're Sick And Tired Of E-wars Between Yorubas And Igbos On NL - Vote Here! by BABE3: 9:41pm On Mar 26, 2012
Mr. Globe:

so of all the post you saw here, it is only this one you saw as tribalist You lack the courage to call your kinsmen to order? You are indeed a tribalist. I have nothing against yoruba or any tribe. My best friends are yoruba, but threads like these and ijebu woman Illeke di bring out the anger in me.

Which yeye kinsmen? I'm not Nigerian. I'm a Finn. I was going through the recent posts, I sighted someone quote your post, and I couldn't help but add my own "jara". It was too fo[i]olis[/i]h a comment.

Pele. Take it easy. That anger must have been headache inducing.
Re: If You're Sick And Tired Of E-wars Between Yorubas And Igbos On NL - Vote Here! by White007(m): 9:42pm On Mar 26, 2012
PointB:

Seconded!
Re: If You're Sick And Tired Of E-wars Between Yorubas And Igbos On NL - Vote Here! by Nobody: 9:43pm On Mar 26, 2012
afam4eva:

Your 1diocy is unquantifiable. Let's assume the south-east is a shit-hole like your big bigoted mouth posited. So, how is a state in a country that is bound by a federal constitution the same with a sovereign entity. The more you talk the more your 1diocy is brougth to the front burner. Please, i beg you, we have enough 1diots in Nigeria already. Can you please, in the name of God torment the british with your 1diotic and insensitive juvenile nonsense.

Ok, I'm sorry for calling East a shytehole - I was just trying to say the problem with Nigeria is corruption and mismanagement - and not the entity itself. If Biafra was a separate entity, I don't think it would've been better than what it is right now - that's just my personal opinion. The corruption in Nigeria, and the elites plundering our common wealth are detribalized - most of them just use tribe to keep us divided.
Re: If You're Sick And Tired Of E-wars Between Yorubas And Igbos On NL - Vote Here! by PointB: 9:45pm On Mar 26, 2012
shymmex:

In most if not all Human Development Index, the SE trumps every other zone in the country despite decades of government sanctioned marginalisation. This country is indeed a clog in the wheel of progress, the earlier we are rid of it the better. But while still in it, we just have to endure the darn useless carcass, until there is no more bones to pick.

Nigeria is a country, and unless things change, it will never be a nation!
Re: If You're Sick And Tired Of E-wars Between Yorubas And Igbos On NL - Vote Here! by BABE3: 9:47pm On Mar 26, 2012
PointB:
The house (Nigeria) was built on quicksand, we want out, and we will never embrace this rubbish of a country!

Re: If You're Sick And Tired Of E-wars Between Yorubas And Igbos On NL - Vote Here! by Nobody: 9:51pm On Mar 26, 2012
PointB:

In most if not all Human Development Index, the SE trumps every other zone in the country despite decades of government sanctioned marginalisation. This country is indeed a clog in the wheel of progress, the earlier we are rid of it the better. But while still in it, we just have to endure the darn useless carcass, until there is no more bones to pick.

Nigeria is a country, and unless things change, it will never be a nation!

How has your irrelevant HDI transformed into making Igbo land a better place? All I see are dilapidated structures, crimes everywhere, poverty on the faces of people, and everything synonymous to a failed state. HDI is just an unpractical statistics. The UK, which has one of the best HDI in the world - and world class structures - is still a hellhole, go figure. HDI is irrelevant if the average Igbo man or woman can't lead a normal life
Re: If You're Sick And Tired Of E-wars Between Yorubas And Igbos On NL - Vote Here! by PointB: 9:51pm On Mar 26, 2012
^^^^

Laughing at your stupidity I guess? grin grin grin grin grin
Re: If You're Sick And Tired Of E-wars Between Yorubas And Igbos On NL - Vote Here! by Nobody: 9:52pm On Mar 26, 2012
PointB: ^^^^

Laughing at your stupidity I guess? grin grin grin grin grin

You're entitled to your opinion and your Biafran crack pipe. I'll get you a detox, when you're ready lipsrsealed cry
Re: If You're Sick And Tired Of E-wars Between Yorubas And Igbos On NL - Vote Here! by PointB: 9:56pm On Mar 26, 2012
shymmex:

How has your irrelevant HDI transformed into making Igbo land a better place? All I see are dilapidated structures, crimes everywhere, poverty on the faces of people, and everything synonymous to a failed state. HDI is just an unpractical statistics. The UK, which has one of the best HDI in the world - and world class structures - is still a hellhole, go figure. HDI is irrelevant if the average Igbo man or woman can't lead a normal life

You have never been to Igboland.

If you want to see dilapidated structure try Ogun, Ekiti, Oyo, and Ondo state. People there live in caves, slums, and shanties. I shed tears when I see such squalor, I wonder what would have been their fate, if not for Igbos, and other non-indigenes who give out regular hand-out to aid their survival. Go figure!
Re: If You're Sick And Tired Of E-wars Between Yorubas And Igbos On NL - Vote Here! by Afam4eva(m): 9:58pm On Mar 26, 2012
shymmex:

Ok, I'm sorry for calling East a shytehole - I was just trying to say the problem with Nigeria is corruption and mismanagement - and not the entity itself. If Biafra was a separate entity, I don't think it would've been better than what it is right now - that's just my personal opinion. The corruption in Nigeria, and the elites plundering our common wealth are detribalized - most of them just use tribe to keep us divided.

If? Are you God? How do you know what would have been when it never was. It's like saying "If you were brought up in Ghana you would have been short". WTF.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

N74Billion Fraud: Ibrahim Shema In Court Today (Photos) / INEC Registers 21 New Parties (Full List) / Falana Criticises President Buhari For Not Honouring House Summons (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.