Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,045 members, 7,821,596 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:28 PM

If You're Sick And Tired Of E-wars Between Yorubas And Igbos On NL - Vote Here! - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / If You're Sick And Tired Of E-wars Between Yorubas And Igbos On NL - Vote Here! (13448 Views)

Poll: Are you sick and tired of tribalism?

Yes: 78% (118 votes)
No: 21% (33 votes)
This poll has ended

Clash Between Yorubas And Nupes In Kwara (Photos) / Fight Between Yorubas And Nupes Now Bloody, In Kwara State - Ebiraland. / Boko Haram Killing Yorubas And Igbos 3-days Expired (pix)! -vanguard Newspaper (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Go Down)

Re: If You're Sick And Tired Of E-wars Between Yorubas And Igbos On NL - Vote Here! by Yeske2(m): 6:41pm On Mar 26, 2012
shymmex:

That's just my personal opinion based on my research. I just think most NL Igbos are the bitter about the Biafran war. We need to move on, brother. You speak and write perfect Yoruba; yet you have so much hatred for the people you speak their language, don't you think that shows you hate yourself as well?
Thunder fire you, who ever told you i hate Yorubas who i have as friends too and tell me more about your 'personal research'.
That i speak the language doesn't mean i condone any falsehood posted here by the likes of you. Always heaping it on the Igbos, abeg go get a life.
Re: If You're Sick And Tired Of E-wars Between Yorubas And Igbos On NL - Vote Here! by chosen04(f): 6:42pm On Mar 26, 2012
Its obvious this poster ENJOYS ranting as a profession.
Re: If You're Sick And Tired Of E-wars Between Yorubas And Igbos On NL - Vote Here! by Yeske2(m): 6:43pm On Mar 26, 2012
chosen04: Its obvious this poster ENJOYS ranting as a profession.
Indeed.
Re: If You're Sick And Tired Of E-wars Between Yorubas And Igbos On NL - Vote Here! by Nobody: 6:43pm On Mar 26, 2012
Yeske!:
Thunder fire you, who ever told you i hate Yorubas who i have as friends too and tell me more about your 'personal research'.
That i speak the language doesn't mean i condone any falsehood posted here by the likes of you. Always heaping it on the Igbos, abeg go get a life.

I pity the Yoruba man who trusts you. Chaiii, I pray for my fellows; they'll soon be used in a ritual. Have mercy on them, leave them alone wink
Re: If You're Sick And Tired Of E-wars Between Yorubas And Igbos On NL - Vote Here! by dayokanu(m): 6:45pm On Mar 26, 2012
Onlytruth:

I wonder where you obtained the research data to suggest the bolded. In the absence of such data, I would say that you are just being another typical Yoruba man dividing up another man's house while expecting others to keep yours intact. If you doubt it, listen to yourself in the bolded words below:

Onlylies. Those ethnic groups have always denied being Ibo at every given opprtunity

I Am Not Igbo, I Am Ikwerre!
https://www.nairaland.com/421192/not-igbo-ikwerre
Re: If You're Sick And Tired Of E-wars Between Yorubas And Igbos On NL - Vote Here! by Yeske2(m): 6:46pm On Mar 26, 2012
Ileke-IdI:

I pity the Yoruba man who trusts you. Chaiii, I pray for my fellows; they'll soon be used in a ritual. Have mercy on them, leave them alone wink
Abeg carry your own go front, e dey your body.
Re: If You're Sick And Tired Of E-wars Between Yorubas And Igbos On NL - Vote Here! by Nobody: 6:48pm On Mar 26, 2012
Yeske!:
Abeg carry your own go front, e dey your body.

Get on your knees when you beg. Dramatic effects helps in cases like this.
Re: If You're Sick And Tired Of E-wars Between Yorubas And Igbos On NL - Vote Here! by Yeske2(m): 6:50pm On Mar 26, 2012
Ileke-IdI:

Get on your knees when you beg. Dramatic effects helps in cases like this.
You no reach sef, get that into your skull. Now shift
Re: If You're Sick And Tired Of E-wars Between Yorubas And Igbos On NL - Vote Here! by Nobody: 6:52pm On Mar 26, 2012
Yeske!:
You no reach sef, get that into your skull. Now shift
Yawnn, stop replying already. You're one boring tribalist. How can you be a tribalist and still come dey boring like this? Oma se.
Re: If You're Sick And Tired Of E-wars Between Yorubas And Igbos On NL - Vote Here! by Yeske2(m): 6:55pm On Mar 26, 2012
Ileke-IdI:

Yawnn, stop replying already. You're one boring tribalist. How can you be a tribalist and still come dey boring like this? Oma se.
Mstchewww. I expected something more fascinating from a renowned tribalist. If you have nothing else to post, just shift.
Re: If You're Sick And Tired Of E-wars Between Yorubas And Igbos On NL - Vote Here! by OneNaira6: 6:56pm On Mar 26, 2012
dayokanu:

Onlylies. Those ethnic groups have always denied being Ibo at every given opprtunity

I Am Not Igbo, I Am Ikwerre!
https://www.nairaland.com/421192/not-igbo-ikwerre

grin grin grin All the Ikwerre celebrities on Nollywood, how many times have you seen them deny being Igbo? The river's governor, whom is Ikwerre, how many times have you seen him deny being Igbo.
I suppose you'll post this https://www.nairaland.com/685447/anioma-people-fight-not-associated and tell us that anioma's deny being Igbo just because of one man's words.

I'm not denying their Ikwerre that deny Igbo but it is not as high as some of you people make it look.

1 Like

Re: If You're Sick And Tired Of E-wars Between Yorubas And Igbos On NL - Vote Here! by OneNaira6: 6:57pm On Mar 26, 2012
@ OP

You are a kettle calling a pot black.

Dude maybe you should listen and act out your own advice first before pointing fingers to others.
Re: If You're Sick And Tired Of E-wars Between Yorubas And Igbos On NL - Vote Here! by OneNaira6: 6:58pm On Mar 26, 2012
Beaf:

There are no Yoruba's in Delta state.
I wish people would leave my state out of all this ethnic chauvinism.

Don't say that. They think there are Yoruba's in Delta.

You destroying their pipe dreams dude, let people dream well.
Re: If You're Sick And Tired Of E-wars Between Yorubas And Igbos On NL - Vote Here! by Nobody: 6:59pm On Mar 26, 2012
One_Naira:

grin grin grin All the Ikwerre celebrities on Nollywood, how many times have you seen them deny being Igbo? The river's governor, whom is Ikwerre, how many times have you seen him deny being Igbo.
I suppose you'll post this https://www.nairaland.com/685447/anioma-people-fight-not-associated and tell us that anioma's deny being Igbo just because of one man's words.

Not denying their Ikwerre that deny Igbo but it is not as high as some of you people make it look.

How many times has any celebrities deny any tribe? Foolish example.
I feel like if a knock your head with a drum stick, I'd hear music.
Re: If You're Sick And Tired Of E-wars Between Yorubas And Igbos On NL - Vote Here! by Nobody: 6:59pm On Mar 26, 2012
One_Naira:

Stop masturbating on another man's post. Ode!
Re: If You're Sick And Tired Of E-wars Between Yorubas And Igbos On NL - Vote Here! by Nobody: 7:00pm On Mar 26, 2012
Yeske!:

Where have I ever started a thread bashing Igbos?? I only get agitated when Igbo tribalists lump the whole Yoruba race together, and call us COWARDS. Why call a race of people, that has been involved so many wars - Igbos will only dream of, cowards? A race of people which had an Empire spreading from present day Nigeria - to Ghana through imperialism and wars. This is not an attack on Igbos, I'm just trying to set the records straight. I don't feel we're superior to the either the Igbos or the Hausas, and we all need to respect one another.

The Hausas have everything based on their history and civilization to feel superior to other Nigerian tribes - yet you don't see them make a fuss about it. But Igbos, who are like the last born in Nigeria - because you lot are the late comers in Nigeria - are quick to think they're superior to other tribes.

Biko, you lot need to get with reality - and let us all join hands together to make Nigeria great!
Re: If You're Sick And Tired Of E-wars Between Yorubas And Igbos On NL - Vote Here! by Afam4eva(m): 7:00pm On Mar 26, 2012
One_Naira:

It's on nairaland that for the first time i heard that there are Yorubas in Delta state. I've always thought Yorubaland stopped at ore in ondo state.
Re: If You're Sick And Tired Of E-wars Between Yorubas And Igbos On NL - Vote Here! by nduchucks: 7:00pm On Mar 26, 2012
May the Itsekiri say this to Beaf and Eze Onlytruthparanoia when ever they come in and attempt to spread the usual. "wete gweh; atwe gweh ma wolilo ne ni" cheesy
Re: If You're Sick And Tired Of E-wars Between Yorubas And Igbos On NL - Vote Here! by Nobody: 7:02pm On Mar 26, 2012
chosen04: Its obvious this poster ENJOYS ranting as a profession.

Good luck to you and your delusions of grandeur.

How is Guatamela or whatever that country is?
Re: If You're Sick And Tired Of E-wars Between Yorubas And Igbos On NL - Vote Here! by Nobody: 7:02pm On Mar 26, 2012
afam4eva:

It's on nairaland that for the first time i heard that there are Yorubas in Delta state. I've always thought Yorubaland stopped at ore in ondo state.

Don't worry, NL has a way of limiting one's ignorance.
I bet you prolly thought your father's compound reached the pacific ocean before you came on nL.
Re: If You're Sick And Tired Of E-wars Between Yorubas And Igbos On NL - Vote Here! by Nobody: 7:04pm On Mar 26, 2012
afam4eva:

Are the Ilajes in Delta state Yorubas or not?
Are the Olukunmis Yorubas or not?
Are the Itsekiris Yorubas or not?
Re: If You're Sick And Tired Of E-wars Between Yorubas And Igbos On NL - Vote Here! by Beaf: 7:06pm On Mar 26, 2012
shymmex:

The Itsekiris are Yorubas and will always be - just as the Ishan and Edo people are the same people. If you can't separate the Aniomas from the Igbos, why would you want to separate the Itsekiris from the Yorubas?? I guess it's because they own 85% of the oil wealth in Delta state, huh?? What about the Ilajes in Delta state - are you saying they are not Yorubas as well?

They are not Yoruba. Period. cool

They are what they are, you cannot steal a persons identity. The best you can say is that they are related to you; your claim right now is as ridiculous as a German claiming the English are German, because the language is Germanic.

Thoroughly chauvinistic and laughable.
Re: If You're Sick And Tired Of E-wars Between Yorubas And Igbos On NL - Vote Here! by dayokanu(m): 7:06pm On Mar 26, 2012
One_Naira:

I'm not denying their Ikwerre that deny Igbo but it is not as high as some of you people make it look.

the statement of the head of Ohaneze below

In the interview with President, Ohanaeze Ndigbo, Ralph Uwechue, published in the Daily Sun March 10, the President was asked what efforts he was making to unite Igbo in Rivers and Delta states, he said: “First of all, it should be understood that these factions who now deny the fact they are Igbo did so only after the civil war; take for instance the Ikwerre people… fully identified with us during the pre-civil war era but because the Igbo lost the civil war, a kind of stigma was smeared on them making a lot of people to start adjusting their names to sound less Igbo…”. This statement is misleading and not correct.

First of all, Ikwerre is not Igbo. We have made this clear even before the civil war and that was why some Igbo accused Ikwerre of sabotage during the war. Second, in all efforts by the minorities in the former Eastern region to agitate for their own political, social and economic recognition and liberty in the Eastern region and Nigeria at large, Ikwerre participated fully: hence, the late Chief E. J. A. Oriji and others represented Ikwerre before and during most of the conferences set up to address the fears of the minority ethnic groups in Nigeria. Third, in May 1963, Ikwerre people formed the Ogbakor Ikwerre Convention to state that Ikwerre is a distinct ethnic group from any others in Nigeria. Fourth, in the 1964/65 elections into the Federal House of Representatives, National Council of Nigeria and the Camerouns (NCNC) nominated an Igbo man named Mr. Eluguronu to represent Ikwerre in the House. Ikwerre rejected it and fielded young Nwobidike Nwanodi as an independent candidate and he won. Fifth, Ikwerre’s participation in all the movements for the creation of COR and later Rivers States clearly shows Ikwerre’s rejection of been Igbo.
Re: If You're Sick And Tired Of E-wars Between Yorubas And Igbos On NL - Vote Here! by Nobody: 7:06pm On Mar 26, 2012
@Frazy

What's good, babes? I didn't get your PM yesterday, shout me.
Re: If You're Sick And Tired Of E-wars Between Yorubas And Igbos On NL - Vote Here! by Afam4eva(m): 7:07pm On Mar 26, 2012
shymmex:

No, they're not. At least they've never described themselves as such. Though they have similarities.
Re: If You're Sick And Tired Of E-wars Between Yorubas And Igbos On NL - Vote Here! by dayokanu(m): 7:08pm On Mar 26, 2012
Beaf:

They are what they are, you cannot steal a persons identity. The best you can say is that they are related to you; your claim right now is as ridiculous as a German claiming the English are German, because the language is Germanic.

The Ilajes in Delta state are not Yorubas? Maybe they are Argentines
Re: If You're Sick And Tired Of E-wars Between Yorubas And Igbos On NL - Vote Here! by OneNaira6: 7:08pm On Mar 26, 2012
Ileke-IdI:

How many times has any celebrities deny any tribe? Foolish example.
I feel like if a knock your head with a drum stick, I'd hear music.

This made sense to you how? Name and I really mean name ONE Nigerian celebrity whom was thought to be another tribe which he or she is not part of and he or she did not correct the masses.

I'll name the ones that did. When people assumed Banky W was Igbo, he came out and told the masses that he was Yoruba and Ibibio mix. When Agbani Darego was assumed to be Igbo, she came out and told us she was Kalabari. When Mercy Johnson was assumed to be Igbo, she came out and told us she was Northern with an Igbo grandmother. When Hilda dokunbo was assumed to be Igbo, she came out and told everyone she was Ijaw but her mother is Igbo. When Stella Damascus was assumed to be Edo I think, she came out and informed everyone she was Igbo. The Ghanaian celebrities, yvonne something was accused of being Nigerian and Nigerian alone, she came out and informed everyone she was Half Igbo and half Ashanti.

Now do your part. Name one Nigerian whom never corrected the masses when we had the incorrect labeling of their group.
Re: If You're Sick And Tired Of E-wars Between Yorubas And Igbos On NL - Vote Here! by Beaf: 7:09pm On Mar 26, 2012
shymmex:

They are not. Like I said earlier, the best you can do is claim a relationship.
The closest to the Yoruba are the Ilaje's, but they call themselves Ilaje.
Please, stop making wild claims that are insulting to us.
Re: If You're Sick And Tired Of E-wars Between Yorubas And Igbos On NL - Vote Here! by dayokanu(m): 7:12pm On Mar 26, 2012
Beaf:

They are not. Like I said earlier, the best you can do is claim a relationship.
The closest to the Yoruba are the Ilaje's, but they call themselves Ilaje.
Please, stop making wild claims that are insulting to us.

The Aba people call themselves Ngwa that means they are not Ibos

People call themselves Ekiti, Ijesha, Ijebu, Egba, Awori, Akoko, That means they are not Yorubas.

So in Ogun State the inhabitanats call themselves Egbas and Ijebus that means there are no Yorubas in Ogun State.

The Inhabitants of Ekiti State call themselves Ekiti that means there are no yorubas in Ekiti

Some inhabitants of Kogi call themselevs Okun that means there are no Yorubas in Kogi

Egbon mi razist, You are not making sense
Re: If You're Sick And Tired Of E-wars Between Yorubas And Igbos On NL - Vote Here! by OneNaira6: 7:13pm On Mar 26, 2012
dayokanu:

the statement of the head of Ohaneze below

In the interview with President, Ohanaeze Ndigbo, Ralph Uwechue, published in the Daily Sun March 10, the President was asked what efforts he was making to unite Igbo in Rivers and Delta states, he said: “First of all, it should be understood that these factions who now deny the fact they are Igbo did so only after the civil war; take for instance the Ikwerre people… fully identified with us during the pre-civil war era but because the Igbo lost the civil war, a kind of stigma was smeared on them making a lot of people to start adjusting their names to sound less Igbo…”. This statement is misleading and not correct.

First of all, Ikwerre is not Igbo. We have made this clear even before the civil war and that was why some Igbo accused Ikwerre of sabotage during the war. Second, in all efforts by the minorities in the former Eastern region to agitate for their own political, social and economic recognition and liberty in the Eastern region and Nigeria at large, Ikwerre participated fully: hence, the late Chief E. J. A. Oriji and others represented Ikwerre before and during most of the conferences set up to address the fears of the minority ethnic groups in Nigeria. Third, in May 1963, Ikwerre people formed the Ogbakor Ikwerre Convention to state that Ikwerre is a distinct ethnic group from any others in Nigeria. Fourth, in the 1964/65 elections into the Federal House of Representatives, National Council of Nigeria and the Camerouns (NCNC) nominated an Igbo man named Mr. Eluguronu to represent Ikwerre in the House. Ikwerre rejected it and fielded young Nwobidike Nwanodi as an independent candidate and he won. Fifth, Ikwerre’s participation in all the movements for the creation of COR and later Rivers States clearly shows Ikwerre’s rejection of been Igbo.

ROFL, so he's words should matter only, so everyone else that is Ikwerre should not matter? WTF? ROFLMFAO.

I'll repost this again
https://www.nairaland.com/685447/anioma-people-fight-not-associated
In your mindset, this writer or whomever is the only person that can speak for Anioma. The rest of us do not matter right?

Nigg@ sit your @ss down.

2 Likes

Re: If You're Sick And Tired Of E-wars Between Yorubas And Igbos On NL - Vote Here! by Nobody: 7:13pm On Mar 26, 2012
Beaf:

It's funny how you can come from the mantra of supposedly being from Delta state - and think you can tell everyone in Delta state what their ethnicity is or not. I've never seen an Ilaje or Itsekiri guy say he's not Yoruba. Saying they're not Yorubas will amount to saying Yorubas in Kwara, Niger and Kogi states are not Yorubas. Even most Ibini people see themselves as part of the larger Yoruba society - based on our common ancestry.

Fam, stick to your PDP propaganda - and posting fun pics on NL - that's where you excel most times.
Re: If You're Sick And Tired Of E-wars Between Yorubas And Igbos On NL - Vote Here! by Afam4eva(m): 7:13pm On Mar 26, 2012
dayokanu:

The Aba people call themselves Ngwa that means they are not Ibos

People call themselves Ekiti, Ijesha, Ijebu, Egba, Awori, Akoko, That means they are not Yorubas.

Egbon mi razist, You are not making sense

It's funny how the same people who will jump up and down saying that Ikwerres are not Igbo will also say Ilajes are Yorubas.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Is Namadi Sambo The Best Vice-President Nigeria Has Produced So Far? / Ben Murray-Bruce And Maikanti Baru Pictured Together / We’ll Go Ahead With Our Congresses, Says APC On Supreme Court Verdict

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.