Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,645 members, 7,809,443 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:38 AM

Shell Nigeria - The Next Generation - Jobs/Vacancies (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Shell Nigeria - The Next Generation (148007 Views)

Shell Nigeria Madness / Shell Nigeria Graduate Recruitment Programme 2013 / Graduate Careers In Shell Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (74) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Shell Nigeria - The Next Generation by RobbieLex: 9:55am On Jan 21, 2008
So another week has begun, i am beginning to notice some people have been absent from the thread for a while, anyway I'm praying with the lot of you, What is meant for you will be for you.

I think that's something we should all take note of:no matter how painful it may seem, lets move from the realm of what we want to what God wants in our lives, meaning that we should trust God no matter the consequences

it may seem that he doesn't answer prayers especially when we don't get the things we want the most but the truth is he just sees a whole lot clearer than we do,

for all those who didn't make it i think now is the time to get even closer to God, that may seem very painfully odd especially when it feels like having faith didn't work

but I believe the uncertainty of life, not knowing what may happen tomorrow and the disappointments we get should even draw us closer to him, he sees and knows the answer to that question we ask in the dark so many times ( WHY?)

For all those who have made it, {and i say this with a very wide smile plastered on my face}, its the beginning of another journey, another road of desires, wants and needs, hold on to God and don't lose sight of him in your life, you're gonna need him even more, when you're praying for that promotion or that raise,

For those still hopeful, key in to the testimony of others and have faith because God can still do it for you,

Lets all remember that He has our future mapped out, even if it may not seem like a fantastic map from our point of view but hey be reassured that in spite of a few bumps here and there you will get to the end of the road, your destiny! as long as you hold on to Him.

Cheers guys and have a sensational week, and don't be strangers drop a note once or twice, wink
Re: Shell Nigeria - The Next Generation by cutesy(f): 11:11am On Jan 21, 2008
Very inspirational piece there from Robbie Lex; just to add a bit for those who did not make it, every disappointment is a blessing in disguise, who knows, it could be that Chevron Or Mobil will snap you up instead (and they both pay better grin)

For those who made it, keep on passing tips down to we still hopeful enough to join you soon, u r still nairalanders!!! wink
Re: Shell Nigeria - The Next Generation by RANBAXY: 11:55am On Jan 21, 2008
TO all shell hopeful keep ur faith alive this is the time to be more closer to GOD, there is nothing impossible to GOD. IF HE CAN DO IT FOR ONE, HE CAN STIL DO IT FOR U, ESPECISLLY U.
Re: Shell Nigeria - The Next Generation by RobbieLex: 12:20pm On Jan 21, 2008
Yeah lets keep the faith alive,

cutesey you never told me how your interview went? i hope it turned out okay,
Re: Shell Nigeria - The Next Generation by KDB(m): 2:19pm On Jan 21, 2008
hey all, just through with my medicals and it was a blast, hope to see you all in warri then,
Re: Shell Nigeria - The Next Generation by RobbieLex: 2:30pm On Jan 21, 2008
Congrats kdb happy to know your medicals where successful, keep us posted ok

cheers
Re: Shell Nigeria - The Next Generation by bobbyan(m): 2:34pm On Jan 21, 2008
Congrat KDB you are already in am happy u Congra Tula Tions!!!! Congra Tula Tions!!!! Congra Tula Tions!!!!

Congra Tula Tions!!!! Congra Tula Tions!!!!
Re: Shell Nigeria - The Next Generation by RANBAXY: 2:36pm On Jan 21, 2008
KDB, pls what did thay test for,  where u told the result immediatly  ,   pls i need the info, mine is wed.
Re: Shell Nigeria - The Next Generation by Underdogg(m): 4:40pm On Jan 21, 2008
Dear Lord give me the strength to make it through this excruciating anxious torment and pain,
Re: Shell Nigeria - The Next Generation by deinowei: 4:53pm On Jan 21, 2008
You've already made it, have faith. They are saving the "BEST" for "LAST"
Re: Shell Nigeria - The Next Generation by Shezman: 5:02pm On Jan 21, 2008
Hi Shell hopefuls and hopefilled,

This is another new week and monday's already gone. No more hope for any of those scream-inspiring letters today, maybe tomorrow sha. i know of someone who has already sworn to lock down his entire street in celebration and thanksgiving, me sef, I've employed the services of family members in round-the-clock prayer and fasting for divine intervention, lol, anyways, no shaking.

I just want to implore all those who have gotten letters and/or had their medical to please take some extra time to drop some more information to help their brothers and sisters coming behind and not just one liners like "i got my letter today" or "just through with my medicals" such information honestly just adds to the anxiety, guys, na beg i dey beg o, any information you feel might be helpful would be most appreciated.

have a great evening people. , As the days go by, we need more than the normal dose of hope, so hang in there all hopefuls, no cause for alarm!!!
Re: Shell Nigeria - The Next Generation by Miketomi: 6:46pm On Jan 21, 2008
Guys make una no worry.
Less than 20 people invited so far(sic).
Can anybody in the house confirm this??
Re: Shell Nigeria - The Next Generation by KDB(m): 8:24pm On Jan 21, 2008
ma peeps, its all God's doing and y'all cant imagine d joy i feel right now, but i was just as hopefull as y'all were n look at where am at now, got news for all of you though, theres quite a alot of batches as we were only four today so this things prett much gonna run for a whole month,

we pretty much went through the usual, you know eye tests, blood n urine tests, ECG, BP tests, filled some forms, where asked a few questions, you know, was a great experience though, especially as we were all from opobo,

anyways want you guys to trust in God and commit all your needs to Him ok and i assure you we'll be at warri in march ok, wink
Re: Shell Nigeria - The Next Generation by tonix88: 8:47pm On Jan 21, 2008
anybody in da haouse who did interview last week that have been invited? finance/hr?
pls reply
Re: Shell Nigeria - The Next Generation by Miketomi: 9:37pm On Jan 21, 2008
KDB:

ma peeps, its all God's doing and y'all can't imagine d joy i feel right now, but i was just as hopefull as y'all were n look at where am at now, got news for all of you though, theres quite a alot of batches as we were only four today so this things prett much going to run for a whole month,

we pretty much went through the usual, you know eye tests, blood n urine tests, ECG, BP tests, filled some forms, where asked a few questions, you know, was a great experience though, especially as we were all from opobo,

anyways want you guys to trust in God and commit all your needs to Him ok and i assure you we'll be at warri in march ok, wink

Thanks for your piece.
Could it be that the invitation for the medicals is based on state of origin for now?
Guys, to help unravel this mind boggling question, the already called pple shld pls indicate their state of origin?
So many thoughts going thru my minds.
O boy confusion don begin set in o.
God dey sha.
Re: Shell Nigeria - The Next Generation by Shezman: 10:29am On Jan 22, 2008
Thanks a lot for the info KDB, Happy for you man!!! All the best. To all other guys, day 2 of week 2 and counting. Well all make it!!!!
Re: Shell Nigeria - The Next Generation by RobbieLex: 10:37am On Jan 22, 2008
Miketomi i doubt if state of origin is the basis for inviting people for medicals, they could even be doing it alphabetically, according to performance or even randomly, i don't think the order in which they invite is important, whats important is being shortlisted in the first place, i know your anxious but just keep praying OK,

Thanks KDB for keeping the house informed, we really appreciate that, grin grin grin grin we'll be meeting up soon in shell where i can thank you properly, Lol

Tonix88 i don't know if anyone has been invited from last week interviews, but i heard there was supposed to be a ten day waiting period sooo just relax I'm sure they'll soon contact you with information.

Lets keep the faith alive people.
Re: Shell Nigeria - The Next Generation by RobbieLex: 11:45am On Jan 22, 2008
Very interesting piece from the guardian newspaper, thought you all might want to see this

Government queries restructuring in Shell
By Yakubu Lawal, Yetunde Ebosele and Taiwo Hassan

PLANS by the Anglo-Dutch oil giant, Shell Petroleum Development Company of Nigeria Limited (SPDC), to sack many of its Nigerian employees in what it calls a re-structuring exercise may have earned the company a summon from the Federal Government.

There are indeed suspicions that the said restructuring might be a ploy to ease out Nigerians from the system and replace them with expatriates.

The restructuring, sources say, might also not be unconnected with losses incurred by the oil firm through militant activities in the Niger Delta.

. The government has directed the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC) to demand justification for the exercise, which will throw many Nigerians into the Labour market and make nonsense of the Nigerian content for the petroleum industry.

Already, the NNPC has instructed its upstream supervisory body - National Petroleum Investment Management Services (NAPIMS) - to call a meeting before the end of this week to seek explanation on some grey areas in the re-structuring exercise which government feels is recurring too frequently from the Shell group in Nigeria.

Sources at the Ministry of Energy in Abuja told The Guardian that the management of the NNPC had written a memo to the Minister of State for Petroleum, Mr. Odein Ajumogobia, over the issue and that it also met last week Friday to deliberate on the issue.

It was also gathered that the management of NAPIMS has severally requested Shell boss, Mutiu Sunmonu, to justify the planned restructuring but all the explanations given were not satisfactory to the agency.

The Guardian source said among the issues that would be on the agenda for this week's meeting between the NNPC and Shell are:

That Shell must submit all the names of the expatriate staff that are affected in this exercise as well as their Nigerian counterpart;

Nigerians had occupied some positions for years and therefore seek justification for bringing an expatriate to occupy the positions at the expense of qualified Nigerians in Shell group;

that Shell should explain the concept of "common services" in the re-organisation exercise as the company's Joint Venture Operation (JV) as well as Production Sharing Contract (PSC) which falls under different fiscal regime or contract with the government; and

the government will also want to know from Shell management how the severance package, which has not been approved by all the partners in the joint operation, would be funded, particularly whether it is part of this year's JV budget.
The Guardian source noted that there are so many other issues that the company had not resolved with the government before embarking on this action, stressing that as a company operating a joint venture business, Shell needs government's approval through NNPC or NAPIMS before executing any project.

Shell's spokesperson, Mr. Precious Okolobo, sent the following e-mail to The Guardian yesterday in response to enquiries on the matter.

The Guardian: Will all categories of staff (Nigerian and expatriate) be affected in the re-organisation?

Okolobo: Yes.

The Guardian: We understand those who will be asked to leave are being offered 'juicy packages' - how will you fund these payments?

Okolobo: We are committed to following all the legal requirements and contractual agreements associated with any release of personnel and we will honour such obligations. Beyond this, we are unable to provide details of individual agreements, as these are covered by confidentiality obligations.

The Guardian: Did you get approval from the government before embarking on the exercise?

Okolobo: Our SPDC JV partners have been informed. Their companies already tend to operate as a single entity in the country.

In the background information attached, Okolobo explained that the re-organisation was to enhance efficiency and accountability and reduce costs by taking advantage of synergies and eliminating duplication by reorganising the core business functions and the provision of support services between the three companies - The Shell Petroleum Development Company LTD (SPDC), Shell Exploration and Production Africa (SEPA) and Shell Nigeria Exploration and Production Company (SNEPCo) into one integrated organisation under a project called 'One Shell'.

The Guardian however gathered that the letters of termination of appointment would be served to affected employees from the first week of March.

Besides, The Guardian gathered that majority of those to be affected would be mostly from support departments such as administrative, public affairs, logistics and others while those found to be incompetent would be affected in core operational

areas.

"The final list is almost ready. The management is in the process of fine-tuning the list and also seeking the understanding of the senior partner and the industry regulatory body. They may go ahead with the plan under the guise of anticipatory approval," the source said.

Besides, the source disclosed that talks are currently on between the various Labour unions and management on necessary compensations to accrue to affected staff.

"Shell, due to massive loss incurred as a result of the continued violence in the Niger Delta had actually decided to reduce its staff strength from last year but series of persuasion had delayed the process till now.

Only about one quarter of the people on Shell's pay roll are actual staff while majority are engaged on contractual basis. So, in essence, only a few of its key staffer would be affected by the purge.

Shell has over the last three years been losing about 650,000 barrels of crude per day due to the facility shut-in occasioned by militant activities in the Niger Delta region.
Re: Shell Nigeria - The Next Generation by RobbieLex: 12:26pm On Jan 22, 2008
As we are battling and praying to get in many people right now are praying to stay in, it's sad whats happening, but i guess the Niger delta crises has really affected their production levels and they have to cut costs, today it is shell tomorrow it could be another oil company having this problem ( God forbid), this oil palaver will definitely have a multiplier effect on Nigeria's economy, the job market is already taking a hit here, really if there is no job security in oil and gas, ( which we all know is virtually the hotcake in Nigeria at the moment) i wonder what will happen,

I guess that's why there is the constant cry for a solution to the ongoing Niger delta crises, and a constant need to pray for our country!

i read in another article also in the guardian newspaper (PENGASSAN cautions SHELL on planned workers strike)that restructuring may take till April, meaning we fin/hr guys might not be called anytime soon for medicals,
sad sad sad sad sad, so it may be a very very longgggg wait!

When are you sitp guys starting your training were you told anything about it? someone let me know OK
Re: Shell Nigeria - The Next Generation by KDB(m): 8:03pm On Jan 22, 2008
hey all, hope y'all gettin ready for your medicals cos its coming soon, heard our training should start sometime in march though, can't wait frankly,
Re: Shell Nigeria - The Next Generation by angela255: 11:23pm On Jan 22, 2008
Is there anybody on planet earth that has recieved a notification or invitation for the medicals after the 17th ??

What are the indications that there are using the method they used for SRD ?? How can we be sure that they ain't thru with all their invitations ?? Anbody ?
Re: Shell Nigeria - The Next Generation by scoobydoo: 1:25am On Jan 23, 2008
Guys,
How una dey?

The wait for our invitation letters for the medicals is becoming very painful. Abeg who knows any numbers in HR we can call to at least ease our minds that we should keep our hopes alive? Are they still sending out iv's? Who has received any this week?

Abeg make una reply before i ''kpeme".

All the best to those already in Edjeba. To people like us still waiting, there's nothing God cannot do. undecided
Re: Shell Nigeria - The Next Generation by Underdogg(m): 7:40am On Jan 23, 2008
Its the start of a new day and the clock is ticking. Nerves are raw.
Come to think of it, has anyone actually received anything after the 17th?
Please God, only You can end this agony,

@ Scoobydoo
" Abeg make una reply before i ''kpeme". "
Bros I feel your pain, I dey feel you too much.

@ Shell

All hopefuls sing along with me,

All we are sa-ying,, Send us e-mail!
All we are sa-ying,, Send us e-mail!
Re: Shell Nigeria - The Next Generation by muchluv(m): 9:48am On Jan 23, 2008
didnt you guys see the guardian report? there is a major shake up in shell and its not unconnected to the militant activities in the region.
how do we expect a company loosing income to recruit more staff and pay heavily?
the only luck we could get is being exploited,
really think about it, shell would rather lay the heavly experienced hands and employ newbies like ourselves and pay less with some other insentives missing. but we would accept since we seem jobless and in the end get paid like banks do pay.
im still wondering why agip doesnt even do any advert for freshers, thats by the way

for those who have done medicals good luck at least when the wait is over you would be called, and those still waiting for medicals, keep ur fingers crossed,
Re: Shell Nigeria - The Next Generation by onavae(m): 2:39pm On Jan 23, 2008
hmm! well let me start by saying sorry for my long absence. i have not had internet access for the past one week. meanwhile, it seems so much has happened since my last post. some people don even do their medical test finish! na wah o.

I sincerely thank God for everyone that has been invited so far, and i say a very big CONGRATULATIONS!!! to u. things can only get better for you.

I also thank God for those that were not invited, afterall, God knows best and of course. Lets keep praying that this disappointment will only lead to greater strenght, blessings and divine favour, amen.

On my knees, i pray to God for those of us still waiting for our e-mails, that the mails will not be disappointing ones and that shell will be our portion in Jesus name, Amen.

well, na to still de wait now. no be till 29th? oya now, the wait is on! only say each time i think of opening my box, hypertension go wan burst my heart. May God save me from this excruiciating, frustrating and hypertensive wait, in Jesus name, Amen.
Re: Shell Nigeria - The Next Generation by michael77: 4:06pm On Jan 23, 2008
onavae
i dey fear u. u said 17th and it was exactly 17th. pls do u have any other info for us because u are tested and trusted. also, i'm surprised u've not been called with ur solid contacts or r u just trying to show solidarity with we who have not been called. i just dey ask.
Re: Shell Nigeria - The Next Generation by cutesy(f): 4:36pm On Jan 23, 2008
[b]Shell's retrenchment sends jitters through Nigeria[/b][size=14pt]

Shell's plans to retrench one in every four workers in its Nigerian operations has spurred concerns in the country's oil patch. Workers' Unions in Mobil, Chevron, and other big operating companies are asking their respective managements to confirm if they have such a plan as Shell's, especially as Shell's announcement was something of a surprise.
But the situations are different. Until 1997, Shell was producing 850,000-1,000,000 b/d of oil, averaging nearly half of Nigeria's total production. But heightened disturbances from people living in communities in Shell's areas of operations, coupled with the poor funding of operations by Shell's joint venture partner-state-owned NNPC - has forced production down to less than 700,000 b/d for much of this year. The collapse in the price of crude oil has caused NNPC to scale down its spending. This year, NNPC wants to spend $2 billion on servicing its joint venture obligations, whereas, the six joint venture partners - Agip, Chevron, Elf, Mobil, Shell, and Texaco - are asking for $3.7 billion.

The reduction in Shell's production has favored some competitors. Mobil has averaged 570,00 b/d of oil, in addition to 93,000 b/d of condensate, and Chevron is doing an average of 440,000 b/d of oil. These figures are less than what the companies planned to do for 1998, but Nigeria's reduction in OPEC quota has led to reining in of production. Even so, they would have been forced to produce less if Shell were not hampered by community activists who keep shutting in the company's pipelines.

Shell has had a recent history of staff cuts. Only in 1995, it asked a number of middle cadre staff to take voluntary retirement and gave each of them a package of incentives to do so. This was the second such act in 10 years, coming after the 1986 package, which was caused by the price drop. As of early February, the staff was skeptical that the incentives would be as much as the 1995 package. A Shell spokesman said that the forthcoming exercise will cut across all strata of employees, including expatriate staff, irrespective of gender, ethnicity, and religion. He said that the company had evolved a set of criteria which include those who voluntarily wish to retire and those to be retired compulsorily. Other staff to be affected are those who have performed poorly over a reasonably long period, those with low utility competence, and those who have reached the peak of their careers without further room for growth - The Offshore Magazine

Hmmmm, na wa o shocked. Things r happening at shell,
Re: Shell Nigeria - The Next Generation by 2good(m): 5:52pm On Jan 23, 2008
Hi all,
I am in a very tight state because of 5 people in my group,4 people have been contacted except myself.of the four people, 3 people made it and 1 did not.
The people that made it were called at different time. The first got his mail on the 17th, the second got hers on monday, and the third got hers today. The only one that didnt made it got her mail on thursday, 17th last week. I dont understand while shell will be sending mail in batches and giving people unnecessary blood pressure.
Is it that they've contacted all those that didnt made it or they will still send disappointment email?
well i'm still waiting and hoping I get a good mail from Shell
Re: Shell Nigeria - The Next Generation by oye1: 7:42pm On Jan 23, 2008
@2good. the same thing with me. All the other guys in my group have been contacted except me. One of them who got called today said they called him first to ascertain his email before sending him mail. Could it be that those of us yet to be contacted have issues with our emails? Does anyone knows anybody contacted with bad news after the 17th?
Re: Shell Nigeria - The Next Generation by KDB(m): 8:46pm On Jan 23, 2008
hey 2good,

lol just wondering but is that ovie?? cos am kalada, remember me?? from ur group, your description of your group just matched mine n wanted to make sure, reply if its you aight,

if it is you am positive you'll be called, its a batch thing as we all know and its gonna last for at least another week ok, comon man, was there on that day wit ya n u deserve to be callled ok, keep ur chin up, all will be well,

peace,
Re: Shell Nigeria - The Next Generation by Anniwil(m): 12:48am On Jan 24, 2008
i don't really belong to the click of shell hopefuls,bt congrats for u guys who made it.The program is very intensive so for u guys who r now staff,congrats.A major restructuring is taking place in Shell now and this is affecting the organisational structure,let me not bore u with the details,bt for those of us in SITP/2,we just want you guys on arrival to see us as your broda,when u get to warri,u'll understand why.for now i bliv the medicals are comunity based,later they will go national,congrats once again to all who succeeded,for those who didn't,put it in mind that this period is agog with openings in the oil and gas industries as most of them are expanding more than before,so just keep on praying and also applying.It's well.I actually be reached on xtracoded@yahoo.com.I won't mind an IV to a welcome party on ur arrival n settlement.Cheers
Re: Shell Nigeria - The Next Generation by cutesy(f): 8:56am On Jan 24, 2008
@Anniwil

Hiya pal, nice of u 2 drop by, p.s someof us are interested in those "boring details" you hinted about, since u r an insider, kindly tell us what we need to know about the organisational structure and how it will affect us since all of us are reaching the promised land, anyway. grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (74) (Reply)

Name The Worst Companies To Work For In Nigeria And Give Your Reasons / The Bank Paying The Highest Salary For Entry Level / Police Interview Invite..let's Meet Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.