Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,449 members, 7,770,111 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 03:55 AM

Shell Nigeria - The Next Generation - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Shell Nigeria - The Next Generation (147777 Views)

Shell Nigeria Madness / Shell Nigeria Graduate Recruitment Programme 2013 / Graduate Careers In Shell Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (74) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Shell Nigeria - The Next Generation by ferida(f): 2:21pm On Nov 21, 2007
hi am new here, can anyone in the house tell me when the hr/finance test was done adnr where please. thanks
Re: Shell Nigeria - The Next Generation by ferida(f): 2:33pm On Nov 21, 2007
hey robbie lex pls can u help me out on this
Re: Shell Nigeria - The Next Generation by RobbieLex: 2:43pm On Nov 21, 2007
in august, at excellence hotel ogba, i think there was another one done in october though!
Re: Shell Nigeria - The Next Generation by 2good(m): 5:46pm On Nov 21, 2007
Hi people,
Has anybody heard from Shell concerning the SITP1 interview? Just want to know if they've started contacting successful or unsuccessful candidate.
Re: Shell Nigeria - The Next Generation by oshilim: 2:42pm On Nov 22, 2007
I did my SITP interwiew on the 24th of oct 07 so far nobody has been contacted in my group whelther successful/unsuccesful.Pls those that said some of their friends have been contacted for medicals when did they do their own interwiews? Meet you guys at the top.
Re: Shell Nigeria - The Next Generation by tunene: 5:09pm On Nov 23, 2007
robbie lex, nobody in my group has been contacted so far to the best of my knowledge. these people contacted from your group, how many days was it after your interview, and is that to say that the remaining people are successful. also which people have been called for medicals, please clarify this.

as for u 2good, if you have been given the bad message that they are sorry they cannot continue with you, too bad, but if no mail as been sent to you, feel calm, you will still be called, i think the interview will run till mid-december or end of nevember, so still be hopeful. cheers.
Re: Shell Nigeria - The Next Generation by gj: 12:41pm On Nov 24, 2007
Actually, robbie lex meant that the guy that was contacted was for hr/finance. But I don't think he is very sure, any way. Besides, hr/finance is difference from SITP/1. So relax, nobody has been contacted yet, I mean with postive reply.

From what I learn, the SRD is still on, and would run till the end of nov, as we were told the day I did mine. I did mine on the First week of Oct.
Re: Shell Nigeria - The Next Generation by tosat: 8:58am On Nov 26, 2007
i actaully told robbie lex about the guy contacted cos he was in my group(and happens to be her friend)I am under Finance/Hr but dont have details about SITP tho i heard the interviews would run till nov end(like gj)
D guy contacted and i had our interview Oct 5th and he was contacted like 2wks ago. D guy contacted is the 4th person to be contacted in my group outta 6 of us but the 1st +ve response. i don claim am say i be the next in Jesus name. Other news i have as par Shell is about Finance/Hr. sorry, folks.

i doubt if SITP pple have already been contacted at all so lets all keep trusting God and keep hopeful for favorable responses before year end.

see u at the top!
Re: Shell Nigeria - The Next Generation by RobbieLex: 9:06am On Nov 26, 2007
yeah, Tosat is right i don't think sitp folks have gotten any feedback positive or negative, but some hr/fin folks have gotten negative feedback except one person who has gotten positive feedback,

me too i have claimed that i'll be one of the 120 or even if nah 50, whatever the number is, i think srd will end this month, but i dont know for sure, lets all keep praying and hope for the best, was anybody in the house interviewed in the garden city?
Re: Shell Nigeria - The Next Generation by ratiken(m): 11:26am On Nov 26, 2007
Robbie Lex
My question is not of the outcome of the interview. How many days notice were you given before the interview i.e. how many days was it from the day you got your IV to the day you had your interview.

Has everyone who wrote the SITP test been contacted either on positive or negative regards.

Expecting your replies to this cos i know some people who wrote the test and has not be contacted yet while many others has been contacted with hazard mails. could yet-to-be contacted peeps be expectant or is it almost over. Are people still being invited for the interview?
Re: Shell Nigeria - The Next Generation by RobbieLex: 12:02pm On Nov 26, 2007
okay

let me see first like i said i am not for sitp but for hr/finance,
exactly one week after my interview three of my group memebers where contacted with bad news, and this was about a month ago

My friend who was invited for medicals is for hr/finance

as for Sitp i dont think they have contacted any of them atall, bad or good news but i do not know for sure,
i think yet to be contacted people should be hopeful cos well i have not been contacted either and i have hope in God. As for the interviews i belive they should be over this month but i really do not know for sure.

the people you say you know are they for hr/fin or sitp? if they are for hr/fin and have not heard anything they should be hopeful and i belive the same applies for sitp folks tooo

Hope this answers your questions
Re: Shell Nigeria - The Next Generation by ratiken(m): 12:18pm On Nov 26, 2007
My friend Robbie Lex is a great man

When he was young, his teacher asked him where he wants to work, he said SHELL

And he stayed glued to his dreams

And when we've all made it to SHELL, the beer will seize the sky after we've given God all the glory

Thanks
Re: Shell Nigeria - The Next Generation by RobbieLex: 12:25pm On Nov 26, 2007
grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Shell Nigeria - The Next Generation by 2good(m): 5:50pm On Nov 26, 2007
Hi Guys,
Someone that was in my group when I had my SITP interview said he knows two people that had their interviewed in october, that have been sent a disappointing email from shell but i dont know how true it is really.
Re: Shell Nigeria - The Next Generation by orjigga1: 7:37pm On Nov 26, 2007
im also hopeful. i did ma SITP on d 4th October. we shud be xpectin our medicals nxt mnth, d skool stats februaury accordin 2 a very reliable source n dat bout 120 ppl r needed. we'l get there every1. take kie
Re: Shell Nigeria - The Next Generation by Didicee: 10:51pm On Nov 26, 2007
Well, i did my interview sometime in november. HAven't been contacted yet. Though, the interviews are still running till the end of this week. Let's all keep praying we're called.
Re: Shell Nigeria - The Next Generation by majikprof(m): 5:00am On Nov 27, 2007
hello pple,

nice to see so many contributions on this thread, well i did my SRD on the 18th of Oct, 2007 and up till now i have not been contacted by SHELL either through email or phone call and no one in my group too has been contacted. We were told on the day of our SRD that if after 4 weeks of your interview you don't hear from them, then it means you have most probably made it thru so we are believing BABA GOD that by December we shall be called for medicals.

From a reliable source i heard from once you are called for their medicals its as good as getting the job and i also gathered that SITP '08 will be commencing sometime in February 2008 so lets keep on having unrelenting faith in GOD for this miracle this yuletide season.

Before i sign off this is to wish all SITP hopefuls a wonderful Xmas and New Year celebration. Meet you guys at the top.
Re: Shell Nigeria - The Next Generation by RobbieLex: 8:53am On Nov 27, 2007
Hmmm where did you all spring from,
thrilled there are so many shell hopefuls in the house,

2good are the people your friends knows SITP or for hr/fin? you should clarify that and let us know

Didi cee do you know if hr/fin people are still being interviewed?

Majikprof, please extend your well wishes to us none SITP people cry, we are all in this race together ohhh, LOL
hmm well like i said before 120 or 20 i will be on that list, I tap into that unrelenting fiath of yours majik and i know it shall be well, Feb seems like a swell time to start of, grin grin grin
Re: Shell Nigeria - The Next Generation by majikprof(m): 6:57pm On Nov 27, 2007
@ Robbie Lex

sorry O!!! my warm yuletide wishes goes to you guys in hr/finance also na cos we are all in the struggle together and we shall meet in February '08 by the special grace of God as colleagues.

lets keep the faith going on all. have a wonderful and stress free week grin to all the workers in the house grin grin grin

cheers
Re: Shell Nigeria - The Next Generation by onavae(m): 8:19pm On Nov 27, 2007
hi everybody on this shell line. i joined this forum because of this interesting line. well as for me, my interview is on friday november 30th (SITP) in warri. i think shell has already contacted everyone that was not successful in the tests, so if u have not been contacted yet, relax, u will be contacted.
i have only two days to my intervirw, i want to ask those that have done theirs to please give us some practical sample questions. what exactly were u asked, at least, some of them. u will be doing a lot of us a very big favour. thanks, hope to hear from anyone soonest before friday. thanks.
Re: Shell Nigeria - The Next Generation by bertie: 9:38am On Nov 28, 2007
All the best
Re: Shell Nigeria - The Next Generation by RobbieLex: 9:49am On Nov 28, 2007
Hmmm Onavae,
Let me wish you success in advance first of all, God who has taken you this far will be faithful to complete his work in you.
Generally i would advise you rest alot before your interview and relax very well. I think you must have gotten a hand out  from shell ( they should have sent it to you in your box) i hope you read it, because as little as it seems it gives a whole lot of info about what shell's looking for in their propspective employees.

I can't exactly tell you word for word what we were asked because  there were documents to go through and though i remember  them vaguely i don't have photographic memory, and i don't even know if it'll be appropriate to tell you if i remembered.

BUT i can give you tips that i think will be helpful.

For the case study interview be fast when you are going through your documents and jot  down necessary points as you see them, because you will not have time to go back.
Try to see the bigger picture of things, whatever you are given to analyse always think on a larger perspective.
When you are presenting be relaxed, i think they take note of your composure, remember you are role playing so make sure you role play well, even if you don't have answers to questions still be relaxed,

For the group interview, you should try to show your ability to be a leader while at the same time allow your group members talk, don't interupt people and try to listen to what other people have to say.

Here is where i stop because i think for technical SITP folks did something else so i cannot give you any tips there.

But generally smile alot and have funnnn, see that day i decided i was going to enjoy myself that day and i think if you have that mindset you'll be able to relax a whole lot more.

All the best in your interview once again, and let us know how it went,
Re: Shell Nigeria - The Next Generation by onavae(m): 12:43pm On Nov 28, 2007
thaks a lot robbielex. thanks to u too bertie. more tips and views are still being expected from every one who have done theirs, especially the technical SITP tests. thanks alot to you all.
Re: Shell Nigeria - The Next Generation by ratiken(m): 1:37pm On Nov 28, 2007
@Onavae
I have not been invited and still havent got an hazard mail. But from what i gathered from the people who have participated, i think Robbie Lex has said it all. A friend of mine who participated said that it is best when you are just yourself. The Interview crew will be smart and experienced enough to detect any formings that is not you. Just do your home work, go there and have fun.

But if i may ask, when did u get the IV mail indicating urs is on the 30th.

Some of us still get hope, You could help us nurture it.
Re: Shell Nigeria - The Next Generation by RobbieLex: 2:15pm On Nov 28, 2007
No problem Onavae, always ready to be of help

Rati Ken i thought you had been interviewed already and waiting for medicals,
anyway where did you write your apitude test? Was it in warri or portharcourt?
All the best anyway - i'm sure you'll soon be called
Re: Shell Nigeria - The Next Generation by onavae(m): 2:18pm On Nov 28, 2007
ratiken,
if they have not contacted u yet, u are probably successful in the test, so keep ur hopes alive. thanks for ur tips. pls keep them comming, thats what this line is for abi?
i got the iv mail on october 29th and d test was initially scheduled for 16th nov, but i got anoda mail on 13th telling me that the test has been shifted to 30th. so here we are, hope no more hitches again.
every disappointment is a blessing. if they did not shift it, i would not have found uguys.
thanks ya'll. pls keep the tips comming. am still expectin more. thanks.
Re: Shell Nigeria - The Next Generation by RobbieLex: 2:23pm On Nov 28, 2007
Onave we are glad you found us toooo,
so did you do your test in warri or in portharcourt?
All the best in your forthcoming interview,
yeah Rati Ken i'm sure you'll soon be invited
Re: Shell Nigeria - The Next Generation by RobbieLex: 2:35pm On Nov 28, 2007
onavae:

ratiken,
i got the iv mail on october 29th and d test was initially scheduled for 16th nov, but i got another mail on 13th telling me that the test has been shifted to 30th.

I don't get Onave are you just writing the test, or do you mean interview?
Re: Shell Nigeria - The Next Generation by onavae(m): 6:00pm On Nov 28, 2007
robie lex, i meant interview not test. i wrote my test in port harcourt, but my interview is in warri. i dont know if anyother group have done any interview in warri before us? i dont think i have heard of any interview in port either uguys are the best. glad i found u. still expecting more tips. its never too much.
Re: Shell Nigeria - The Next Generation by dopadokun: 10:40pm On Nov 28, 2007
Wish you all the best. I thank God for my Job with a Gas company in Nigeria
Re: Shell Nigeria - The Next Generation by puskin: 4:43pm On Nov 30, 2007
Hi, all to shell hopefuls in this thread. u Guys r all great, giving encouragement to one another. Well, im among u guys,i did my interview on the 10th Oct. in lagos. Iv gotten no feedbeack from them either by fone or email. Still praying hard though so that in the we can all look back and smile and say to ourselves, we made it and have hence arrived. Keep praying to keep the hope alive. big ups to u all.
Re: Shell Nigeria - The Next Generation by RobbieLex: 10:27am On Dec 03, 2007
Hmmm pushkin are you for sitp or hr/fin,

welcome to the "club", really besides praying and speculating theres nothing much we can dooo,
shell hopefuls i hope you guys all had a swell weekend,

Any updates you know i'm always anxious to hear about that, and for those who just had their interviews in warrri how did it go? Rait ken have you been invited yet? lets all know whats up,

Wish you guys a wonderful month ahead!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (74) (Reply)

Police Interview Invite..let's Meet Here / The Bank Paying The Highest Salary For Entry Level / NBC Aptitude Test Invitation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.