Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,408 members, 7,815,892 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:26 PM

The Crime Wave Impacting British Of Nigerian Descent - Politics (18) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Crime Wave Impacting British Of Nigerian Descent (27693 Views)

The Crime Of Lagos State In Demolishing Oshodi Main Market / $1.1b Fraud: British Judge Questions GEJ's Integrity, Stops Etete From Getting / One Of The Paris Terrorists Was Of Nigerian Descent (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Crime Wave Impacting British Of Nigerian Descent by cap28: 9:07am On Apr 26, 2012
Church rat gbawe I knw u r not vry clevr this is why u do nt undrstnd thtt racism in thhe 21st century is now covert, I hve a little task for u take a trip dwn to eltham or millwall and walk into an all white pub or club then cme bak and tell me abt ur experience,there is no point in me telling u to go to the wellngtn club cos we both knw the doormen won't let u in as u simply cnt afford it. Being a coward must really suck, all tht crawlng,begging and flashng of teeth to ppl who cldnt care less whethr u lived or died anyway I understnd -its poverty I knw u r feeding and training ur entire village on ur paltry wage, keep being a good little coon until massa is done using u hahahaha!

1 Like

Re: The Crime Wave Impacting British Of Nigerian Descent by Gbawe: 11:15am On Apr 26, 2012
cap28: Church rat gbawe I knw u r not vry clevr this is why u do nt undrstnd thtt racism in thhe 21st century is now covert, I hve a little task for u take a trip dwn to eltham or millwall and walk into an all white pub or club then cme bak and tell me abt ur experience,there is no point in me telling u to go to the wellngtn club cos we both knw the doormen won't let u in as u simply cnt afford it. Being a coward must really suck, all tht crawlng,begging and flashng of teeth to ppl who cldnt care less whethr u lived or died anyway I understnd -its poverty I knw u r feeding and training ur entire village on ur paltry wage, keep being a good little coon until massa is done using u hahahaha!

Ogbeni madman, I know you are posting from Broadmoor. It is obvious you have been there for the past two decades. This would explain your paranoid lunacy i.e Ghadaffi, Tupac, Malcolm X, Osama et al are all alive. It would also explain your rabid claim that 2012 UK is no different to 1945 Tennessee. Why don't you just focus on talking to your fellow lunatics instead of disturbing sane and well-adjusted folks in cyberspace?

For those who don't know the current home of Cap28, i.e Broadmoor 'Hospital' previously known as Broadmoor Criminal Lunatic Asylum, click the link below:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Broadmoor_Hospital

Fellow forumers, view the rantings of a stark raving lunatic below.

https://www.nairaland.com/788736/muammar-gaddafi-alive

NATO scum are liars and genocidal terrorists - i smell a huge rat in this supposed killing of the brother leader Muammar Qaddaffi -even a former US govt insider - Dr Steve Pieczienik thinks this whole thing is a massive bowl of bull s.h.it:

"Brother Leader" I thank god, with how difficult life is already, mental illness is not one of my issues. Madman28, quit being a wannabe Abu Hamza and move to Libya tomorrow. Go there and see the sort of raw and brutal racism fools like you do not understand exist and is perpetrated by your "brothers". Better still, move to some Townships in South Africa and announce, upon arrival, you are Nigerian. Nothing would be more ironic than for it to be your own "brothers" who show you that hate is not exclusive to any colour. Silly fool. Perhaps your were on Mars when the killers of Lucky Dube announced self-righteously that they killed him because they thought he was Nigerian. Get out of that filthy room and mingle. Madman.
Re: The Crime Wave Impacting British Of Nigerian Descent by cap28: 11:50am On Apr 26, 2012
Gbawe:

Ogbeni madman, I know you are posting from Broadmoor. It is obvious you have been there for the past two decades. This would explain your paranoid lunacy i.e Ghadaffi, Tupac, Malcolm X, Osama et al are all alive. It would also explain why your rabid claim that 2015 UK is no different to 1945 Tennessee. Why don't you just focus on talking to your fellow lunatics instead of disturbing sane and well adjusted folks in cyberspace?

For those who don't know the current home of Cap28, i.e Broadmoor 'Hospital' previously known as Broadmoor Criminal Lunatic Asylum, click the link below:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Broadmoor_Hospital

Fellow forumers, view the rantings of a stark raving lunatic below.

https://www.nairaland.com/788736/muammar-gaddafi-alive

"Brother Leader" I thank god, with how difficult life is already, mental illness is not one of my issues. Madman28, quit being a wannabe Abu Hamza and move to Libya tomorrow. Go there and see the sort of raw and brutal racism fools like you do not understand exist and is perpetrated by your "brothers". Better still, move to some Townships in South Africa and announce, upon arrival, you are Nigerian. Nothing would be more ironic than for it to be your own "brothers" who show you that hate is not exclusive to any colour. Silly fool. Perhaps your were on Mars when the killers of Lucky Dube announced self-righteously that they killed him because they thought he was Nigerian. Get out of that filthy room and mingle. Madman.

For a mad man I seem to be doing a pretty good job of winding u up dnt u think? Yes muammar qadaffi was and remains my hero he did more for the african continent thn ur nigerian kleptocrats will evr do for nigeria in a million yrs, my respct and admiration for qadaffi does not howevr extend to the nato rebel puppets who ovr threw him and r now in partial cntrl of libya, I wish u had a functiong brain , there r so many things I cld tell u, but u r jst so thick tht u wnt undrstand. Gbawe rest assurred tht I undrstnd u, I undrstnd ur prblem, ur swimming in a toxic pool of ignrnce and to make mattrs worse u r very resistant to knwldge - I wish u had one qtr the intelligence of young shymmex , sadly its too late to undo the damage tht years of western indoctrinatn hve done to ur poor hapless 'brain` out of intrest how come u still go to nightclubs aren't u embarrasses to be rubbng shldrs wth twenty and thrty smthg year olds cos I knw ur in ur forties hahahaha! U must be a complete laughng stock wen u breeze into a cluub wth ur receding hairline and pot belly in full view betraying the fact tht ur now a middle aged family man (supposedly happily married! Lol) keep movng those stiff bones to the beat - na u biko!hahahaha

1 Like

Re: The Crime Wave Impacting British Of Nigerian Descent by coogar: 12:24pm On Apr 26, 2012
PhysicsQED: ^^^

I've always wondered about something. How do they legally justify arresting people for hurling racial insults in the UK and some other European countries? I don't understand it. Granted, they don't have a Bill of Rights there (it's a controversial idea over there for some reason), but don't they have at least one law allowing people to say almost anything they want as long as it doesn't threaten local or national security and doesn't endanger anyone?

this is why the united kingdom is one of the most, if not the most hospitable country in the world.
there's a freedom of speech/expression but one cannot abuse the privilege. it's the way i perceive what's being said
that matters. if i feel offended, the offender is in trouble and trust the cops to get the offender jailed asap!

john terry(england football captain) racially abused a black player calling him a black cunt. he's been arraigned
now. his captain's armband has been stripped and if found guilty would be convicted. it doesn't get better than that
contrary to what this lunatic cap28 wants others to believe. there are equal opportunities for all and sundry in the uk.
Re: The Crime Wave Impacting British Of Nigerian Descent by Gbawe: 12:45pm On Apr 26, 2012

I've always wondered about something. How do they legally justify arresting people for hurling racial insults in the UK and some other European countries? I don't understand it. Granted, they don't have a Bill of Rights there (it's a controversial idea over there for some reason), but don't they have at least one law allowing people to say almost anything they want as long as it doesn't threaten local or national security and doesn't endanger anyone?

Simple. It is a racially aggravated offence. Hurling racial insults openly fall under racially aggravated public order offences as guided by the crime and disorder act, 1998.

http://www.cps.gov.uk/news/fact_sheets/racially_aggravated_offences/

Racially aggravated offences
What are 'racially aggravated' offences?

Racially aggravated offences are offences where the offender shows or is driven by racial hostility. They are offences where:

At the time of committing the offence, or immediately before or after doing so, the offender demonstrates hostility towards the victim based on the victim's membership (or presumed membership) of a racial group;
Or the offence is motivated (wholly or partly) by hostility towards members of a racial group based on their membership of that group.

Which offences can be racially aggravated?

Racially aggravated offences for assault, criminal damage, harassment and public order were introduced under the Crime and Disorder Act 1998:

Assaults
malicious wounding or grievous bodily harm (Section 20 of the Offences Against the Person Act 1861)
actual bodily harm (Section 47 of the Offences Against the Person Act 1861)
common assault.
Criminal Damage
destroying or damaging property belonging to another (Section 1(1) of the Criminal Damage Act 1971)
Harassment
harassment (Section 2 of the Protection from Harassment Act 1997)
intimidation - putting people in fear of violence (Section 4 of the Protection from Harassment Act 1997)
racially aggravated harassment (Section 32(1)(a) of the Crime and Disorder Act 1998)
Public Order offences
fear or provocation of violence (Section 4 of the Public Order Act 1986)
intentional harassment, alarm or distress (Section 4A of the Public Order Act 1986)
harassment, alarm or distress (Section 5 of the Public Order Act 1986)

Who decides if a sentence is racially aggravated?

Where there appears to be racial aggravation, the Police inform the Crown Prosecution Service (CPS) when passing them details of the offence. The CPS will make sure that the racial or religious element of the offence is taken into account appropriately, for example to bring a racially aggravated charge instead of, or together with, the basic charge.
How are racially aggravated offences treated?

When racial motivation or hostility is proved to be a factor in a criminal offence this increases the seriousness of the offence and results in a heavier sentence. The court must state openly that the offence was racially aggravated.

For racially aggravated offences, the maximum penalty is higher than the maximum for the basic offence without the element of racial aggravation. Where the maximum sentence is life imprisonment, there is no racially aggravated alternative.

An example:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2121003/Liam-Stacey-jail-tweeting-abuse-Fabrice-Muamba.html

Off to jail in cuffs, student who tweeted abuse about heart failure footballer Fabrice Muamba

Swansea University student pleaded guilty to a racially-aggravated public order offence to incite violence and will spend up to 56 days behind bars
21-year-old's initial message on Twitter was posted just moments after Muamba had collapsed
Biology undergraduate admitted to police he had sent the tweets after getting drunk watching Wales v France in the Six Nations rugby match
Bolton and Tottenham have replayed the FA Cup match that was called off when Muamba's heart stopped

By Luke Salkeld

A student who posted a series of racist comments on Twitter following footballer Fabrice Muamba’s cardiac arrest has begun a prison sentence of 56 days.

Liam Stacey, 21, caused widespread revulsion by reacting to Muamba’s mid-game collapse by writing: ‘LOL [laughing out loud], **** Muamba. He’s dead!!! #haha.’ He responded to criticism of that message with vile racist tweets.

The messages were forwarded to the police by several members of the social network, including former England striker Stan Collymore, himself a victim of abuse on Twitter.

Shame: Liam Stacey is led away in handcuffs outside Swansea Magistrates Court

Stacey initially claimed his account had been accessed by somebody else, but later pleaded guilty to racially aggravated harassment. He was sent to prison to ‘reflect the public outrage’ at his comments

Re: The Crime Wave Impacting British Of Nigerian Descent by cap28: 12:52pm On Apr 26, 2012
coogar:

this is why the united kingdom is one of the most, if not the most hospitable country in the world.
there's a freedom of speech/expression but one cannot abuse the privilege. it's the way i perceive what's being said
that matters. if i feel offended, the offender is in trouble and trust the cops to get the offender jailed asap!

john terry(england football captain) racially abused a black player calling him a black cunt. he's been arraigned
now. his captain's armband has been stripped and if found guilty would be convicted. it doesn't get better than that
contrary to what this lunatic cap28 wants others to believe. there are equal opportunities for all and sundry in the uk.

Dumbarse how come louis farrakhan is banned frm entering this cntry? Evr heard of Ripa (regulation of investigatry powrs act 2ooo?) No? It allows the govt to gain acess to ur email,carry out surveillance on u,

Monitor ur internet activity, so effectively the british govt cn spy on u, read ur emails and post- does this sound like a cntry tht encourages freedm of speech? Dnt take my word for it research it !

1 Like

Re: The Crime Wave Impacting British Of Nigerian Descent by Gbawe: 1:06pm On Apr 26, 2012
coogar:

Abeg don't mind madman28. I only blame the politcal correctness that has engulfed Policy-makers to the extent they now let lunatics at Broadmoor have internet access. The fool loves Ghaddafi and Libya yet he came to the UK instead of heading to the "Paradise" in the Desert his idol created. Two-faced numpty.

Ask him how many racist Libyans have seen justice for the brutal murder of black folks to include his own fellow Nigerians. Meanwhile Stephen Lawrences killers are now behind bars even if it has taken almost 20 years to bring his racist killers to book. Abeg, Madman28 should simply leave the UK and go elsewhere. Libya, Syria and Somalia are all waiting. Uselessm lunatic.

The coward won't go and live in Libya because he is aware of the brutal and murderously subhuman level of the of racism going on there. Furthermore, the lunatic will never agree that his hero was leader of a country with animalistic racists happy to "cleanse" Libya of 'Ni.g.gers using any excuse possible. He would rather stay in the UK where he is relatively safe and be picking up handouts and mouthing off like Abu Hamza. We all should remember that everything is relative in life. Those who are well-travelled will know what I mean very well.

http://humanrightsinvestigations.org/2011/07/07/libya-ethnic-cleansing/

Human rights investigations
evidence-based, independent and rigorous investigation of human rights abuses
Libyan rebel ethnic cleansing and lynching of black people

Posted on July 7, 2011

Further specific evidence has emerged that there is a strong racist element within the rebel forces, including at command level, and it is the stated intention of these forces to ethnically cleanse areas they capture of their dark-skinned inhabitants.

Racism amongst the rebels including at command level

In a recent article in the Wall Street Journal, journalist Sam Dagher pointed out the obvious fact that the Libyan war is aggravating ethnic tensions in that country. The article talks about the fate of Tawergha, a small town 25 miles to the south of Misrata, inhabited mostly by black Libyans, a legacy of its 19th-century origins as a transit town in the slave trade:

Ibrahim al-Halbous, a rebel commander leading the fight near Tawergha, says all remaining residents should leave once if his fighters capture the town. “They should pack up,” Mr. Halbous said. “Tawergha no longer exists, only Misrata.”

Other rebel leaders are reported as:

“calling for drastic measures like banning Tawergha natives from ever working, living or sending their children to schools in Misrata.”

In addition, according to the article, as a result of the battle for Misrata:

nearly four-fifths of residents of Misrata’s Ghoushi neighborhood were Tawergha natives. Now they are gone or in hiding, fearing revenge attacks by Misratans, amid reports of bounties for their capture.

Amid allegations of black mercenaries and stories of mass rape by the inhabitants of Tawergha, Sam Dagher reports on further evidence of the racism amongst the rebel forces:

Some of the hatred of Tawergha has racist overtones that were mostly latent before the current conflict. On the road between Misrata and Tawergha, rebel slogans like “the brigade for purging slaves, black skin” have supplanted pro-Gadhafi scrawl.

The racial tensions have been fueled by the regime’s alleged use of African mercenaries to violently suppress demonstrators at the start of the Libyan uprising in February, and the sense that the south of the country, which is predominantly black, mainly backs Col. Gadhafi.

This information has already been publicised, in the WSJ and also in the Black Star News. Bryan Chan of the Los Angeles Times reports visiting a prison in Benghazi, where terrified black men were paraded for the cameras (with Human Rights Watch silently taking notes). One man bravely protested he was just a guest worker and the guards presented a Gambian passport as proof he was a Gaddafi operative. Chan’s Libyan interpreter asked:

“So what do you think? Should we just go ahead and kill them?”

There is a lot of horrific video footage clearly showing public lynchings in Benghazi (link to graphic description of some of the footage). including at the rebel HQ, beheadings of blindfolded prisoners and interrogation of prisoners, including in hospitals.

The myth of black mercenaries leads to lynchings

Other evidence of the massacres of black people, which include the lynchings and murder of black soldiers of the Libyan army, guest workers from other African countries and dark-skinned Libyan civilians include a report from the BBC on 25 February which cited a Turkish construction worker as saying:

“We had 70-80 people from Chad working for our company. They were cut dead with pruning shears and axes, attackers saying: ‘You are providing troops for Gaddafi.’ The Sudanese were also massacred. We saw it for ourselves.”

On 27th February Nick Meo of The Telegraph reported from Al-Bayda that he had been shown mobile phone footage of a ‘captured mercenary‘ (presumably he means black person with a uniform) lynched from a street lamp as well as a ‘black African hanging on a meat hook.’

Amnesty International crisis researcher, Donatella Rovera spent the period from 27 February to 29th May in Misrata, Benghasi, Ajabiya and Ras Lanouf. Yesterday she was interviewed by Austria’s ‘The Standard’ and had this to say on the subject:

“We examined this issue in depth and found no evidence. The rebels spread these rumours everywhere, which had terrible consequences for African guest workers: there was a systematic hunt for migrants, some were lynched and many arrested. Since then, even the rebels have admitted there were no mercenaries, almost all have been released and have returned to their countries of origin, as the investigations into them revealed nothing.”

Who spread the myth and why?

So what accounts for the widespread popularity of this myth? It is, to be frank, an example of highly successful propaganda, appealing to the basest of racial stereotypes. The myth was highly important in gaining consent for the operation in Libya, in order to cover up and justify the massacres of black people taking place.

In account after account, the mercenary myth is used to justify the imprisoning and killing of black people and this process continues today. Given the background of racial tension in Libya, including the October 2000 race riots which led to the killings of 200 people with 1000s forced to flee, the consequences of the spreading of this propaganda were entirely predictable and constitute incitement to commit atrocities.

The myth of black mercenaries was spread by certain political leaders including members of the National Transitional Council in Benghazi, British Defence Minister Liam Fox and NATO spokesperson Oana Longescu .

Re: The Crime Wave Impacting British Of Nigerian Descent by Gbawe: 1:10pm On Apr 26, 2012
cap28:

Dumbarse how come louis farrakhan is banned frm entering this cntry? Evr heard of Ripa (regulation of investigatry powrs act 2ooo?) No? It allows the govt to gain acess to ur email,carry out surveillance on u,

Monitor ur internet activity, so effectively the british govt cn spy on u, read ur emails and post- does this sound like a cntry tht encourages freedm of speech? Dnt take my word for it research it !

Madman, when are you leaving for Libya? Can I come and drive you to the Airport?
Re: The Crime Wave Impacting British Of Nigerian Descent by cap28: 1:28pm On Apr 26, 2012
Gbawe:

Madman, when are you leaving for Libya? Can I come and drive you to the Airport?
No thanks I prefer my drivers to be young alert and intelligent,next question

1 Like

Re: The Crime Wave Impacting British Of Nigerian Descent by coogar: 1:33pm On Apr 26, 2012
cap28:

and the halfwit keeps embarrassing himself on a public forum. louis farrakhan was banned so was erich glebe(a white separatist leader).if the brits are racist, why would they ban a fellow white separatist from entering their country? does it make sense to your malfunctioning nervous system? didn't they ban fred phelps too - a white baptist church pastor? the british government are within their rights to ban any individual or group of individuals who foster hatred which might lead to inter-community violence. if louis farrakhan falls into such category, he should stay wherever he is.

if you have nothing to hide, why are you scared of the government spying on you?
but of course, a frustrated racist like yourself would be jittery. all the coded emails you have been sending to
brother leader ghost gadaffhi would soon be discovered. grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: The Crime Wave Impacting British Of Nigerian Descent by Gbawe: 1:40pm On Apr 26, 2012
cap28:
No thanks I prefer my drivers to be young alert and intelligent,next question

Madman. Don't you mean you prefer them young, inexperienced, unexposed, impressionable and with nothing between their ears so you can fill their empty head with the loser ideas and paranoid delusional hogwash that got you where you are today?

1 Like

Re: The Crime Wave Impacting British Of Nigerian Descent by Gbawe: 1:41pm On Apr 26, 2012
coogar:

and the halfwit keeps embarrassing himself on a public forum. louis farrakhan was banned so was erich glebe(a white separatist leader).if the brits are racist, why would they ban a fellow white separatist from entering their country? does it make sense to your malfunctioning nervous system? didn't they ban fred phelps too - a white baptist church pastor? the british government are within their rights to ban any individual or group of individuals who foster hatred which might lead to inter-community violence. if louis farrakhan falls into such category, he should stay wherever he is.

if you have nothing to hide, why are you scared of the government spying on you?
but of course, a frustrated racist like yourself would be jittery. all the coded emails you have been sending to
brother leader ghost gadaffhi would soon be discovered.
grin grin grin grin

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Why do you think he is at Broadmoor ? For helping old ladies cross the road? grin grin grin grin

"Brother leader" indeed. I don die with laugh here !! grin grin grin grin grin What a loon grin grin grin
Re: The Crime Wave Impacting British Of Nigerian Descent by cheikh: 2:05pm On Apr 26, 2012
Katsumoto
.Besides[b] the white folks in Essex are different from the white folks you will find in Surrey or Berkshire[/b]. You will find many Nigerians who live in the suburbs who still travel into London for association, hanging out, parties. Not many move to the suburbs to start hanging out at the pub on Friday. They are likely to be at 805, Presidential, Mama Calabar, Tomi's kitchen, etc When you do find Black folks in white clubs, pubs, they are hunting and you can't blame anyone for hunting.

@^^ bolded grin grin grin grin you'll kill person grin grin grin. It's refreshing to laugh heartily on your insight. I guess you're a real raver grin. and very good observer of the U.K. scene. In the U.S.A because of its size and dispersed nature of Nigerians, they do not have such luxuries.

It's a shame we've lost our sense of humour on this forum. Please,the topic is redundant and we must not take ourselves too seriously by engaging in tittle tattle/needless bad language etc. Are we not dissipating energy in engaging in banalities in this forum most especially as some in this forum have put some "order"/re-orientation to the OP and his cohorts. Deliberate ignorance is not an option.
Re: The Crime Wave Impacting British Of Nigerian Descent by cap28: 2:08pm On Apr 26, 2012
Gbawe:

Abeg don't mind madman28. I only blame the politcal correctness that has engulfed Policy-makers to the extent they now let lunatics at Broadmoor have internet access. The fool loves Ghaddafi and Libya yet he came to the UK instead of heading to the "Paradise" in the Desert his idol created. Two-faced numpty.

Ask him how many racist Libyans have seen justice for the brutal murder of black folks to include his own fellow Nigerians. Meanwhile Stephen Lawrences killers are now behind bars even if it has taken almost 20 years to bring his racist killers to book. Abeg, Madman28 should simply leave the UK and go elsewhere. Libya, Syria and Somalia are all waiting. Uselessm lunatic.

The coward won't go and live in Libya because he is aware of the brutal and murderously subhuman level of the of racism going on there. Furthermore, the lunatic will never agree that his hero was leader of a country with animalistic racists happy to "cleanse" Libya of 'Ni.g.gers using any excuse possible. He would rather stay in the UK where he is relatively safe and be picking up handouts and mouthing off like Abu Hamza. We all should remember that everything is relative in life. Those who are well-travelled will know what I mean very well.

http://humanrightsinvestigations.org/2011/07/07/libya-ethnic-cleansing/

Dim wit I have one question for u- who armed and funded those racist libyan murderers? Did u knw tht qadaffis minister of defence was a blck libyan? Britain france and america armed and trained the racist libyan al qaeda aka ntc u r too stupid and ignrnt to undrstnd tht the ppl u weorsip r destroyng afrca- evr heard of africom dullard?

1 Like

Re: The Crime Wave Impacting British Of Nigerian Descent by cap28: 2:17pm On Apr 26, 2012
Gbawe:

Madman. Don't you mean you prefer them young, inexperienced, unexposed, impressionable and with nothing between their ears so you can fill their empty head with the loser ideas and paranoid delusional hogwash that got you where you are today?

No gbawwe honestly I dnt suffer fools gladly that's why u will nvr be my driver or any member of my personl staff for tht mattr , I luv being ard young intelligent pple , sorry!
Re: The Crime Wave Impacting British Of Nigerian Descent by Gbawe: 3:04pm On Apr 26, 2012
cheikh: Katsumoto
[/b]

@^^ bolded grin grin grin grin you'll kill person grin grin grin. It's refreshing to laugh heartily on your insight. I guess you're a real raver grin. and very good observer of the U.K. scene. In the U.S.A because of its size and dispersed nature of Nigerians, they do not have such luxuries.

It's a shame we've lost our sense of humour on this forum. Please,the topic is redundant and we must not take ourselves too seriously by engaging in tittle tattle/needless bad language etc. Are we not dissipating energy in engaging in banalities in this forum most especially as some in this forum have put some "order"/re-orientation to the OP and his cohorts. Deliberate ignorance is not an option.

My guy, humour is exactly what some of us are pandering to here. The thread is no longer a serious one so you should relax and not take issues too seriously. Enjoy if you can or leave if this is not your sort of read. If some want to engage in yabbis, albeit at the expense of a lunatic caged at Broadmoor, then let them. You are not forced to continue reading and there are many threads you can contribute to brilliantly as you have done here already. With all due respect, If this is not your cup of tea, then move on.
Re: The Crime Wave Impacting British Of Nigerian Descent by cap28: 3:21pm On Apr 26, 2012
Gbawe:

My guy, humour is exactly what some of us are pandering to here. The thread is no longer a serious one so you should relax and not take issues too seriously. Enjoy if you can or leave if this is not your sort of read. If some want to engage in yabbis, albeit at the expense of a lunatic caged at Broadmoor, then let them. You are not forced to continue reading and there are many threads you can contribute to brilliantly as you have done here already. With all due respect, If this is not your cup of tea, then move on.

Hey gbawe, aburo mi do u think we cld meet up at sum point cos I wld really love to learn sum of those ur wikid dance moves
Tht u use to dazzle those east afrcn babes. U see am seriously thinking of going on britains got talent, dnt laugh! as I fancy myself as a bit of an entertanr - do u thk u cld take sum time out of ur busy schedule? Just a thought, if u cnt make it I ll undrstnd
Re: The Crime Wave Impacting British Of Nigerian Descent by coogar: 3:24pm On Apr 26, 2012
cap28:

Hey gbawe, aburo mi do u think we cld meet up at sum point cos I wld really love to learn sum of those ur wikid dance moves
Tht u use to dazzle those east afrcn babes. U see am seriously thinking of going on britains got talent, dnt laugh! as I fancy myself as a bit of an entertanr - do u thk u cld take sum time out of ur busy schedule? Just a thought, if u cnt make it I ll undrstnd

why go to britain's got talent? they are racists - they won't appreciate your prodigious skills.
try nigerian idol!
Re: The Crime Wave Impacting British Of Nigerian Descent by cap28: 3:41pm On Apr 26, 2012
coogar:

why go to britain's got talent? they are racists - they won't appreciate your prodigious skills.
try nigerian idol!

Not where vast sums of money can be made, green is the only colour the white man accepts above white.
Re: The Crime Wave Impacting British Of Nigerian Descent by Gbawe: 3:50pm On Apr 26, 2012
cap28:

Another display of the disconnection with reality exhibited regularly by lunatics. Mate, the only folks you will be 'meeting' for a long time are the men in white coats who routinely come and give you your tablets and injections - and of course fellow "conscious" brothers and sisters wink wink.
Re: The Crime Wave Impacting British Of Nigerian Descent by coogar: 3:59pm On Apr 26, 2012
Gbawe:

Another display of the disconnection with reality exhibited regularly by lunatics. Mate, the only folks you will be 'meeting' for a long time are the men in white coats who routinely come and give you your tablets and injections - and of course fellow "conscious" ghost brothers and sisters wink wink.

fixed!
Re: The Crime Wave Impacting British Of Nigerian Descent by Gbawe: 4:04pm On Apr 26, 2012
coogar:

try nigerian idol!

Bros, you are indulging this 'were'? How will he even get the clearance to leave the loony bin he is in let alone secure a place on any reality TV show? You do know that those TV talent shows check medical records? They would not want certain 'unstable' characters using their podium to announce to the World , for example, that "Brother leader" Ghaddafi is about to overthrow David Cameron. Abu Hamza will certainly appear on a British talent show before Madman28.
Re: The Crime Wave Impacting British Of Nigerian Descent by Gbawe: 4:05pm On Apr 26, 2012
coogar:

fixed!

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin Thank you ojare ,my good man, for amending as appropriate grin grin grin grin I actually meant the fellow lunatics he is incarcerated with but you remind me appropriately that our dear friend sees , to put it kindly, folks other cannot see and will never see. grin grin grin
Re: The Crime Wave Impacting British Of Nigerian Descent by PhysicsQED(m): 4:16pm On Apr 26, 2012
coogar:

john terry(england football captain) racially abused a black player calling him a black cvnt. he's been arraigned

Gbawe:

Simple. It is a racially aggravated offence. Hurling racial insults openly fall under racially aggravated public order offences as guided by the crime and disorder act, 1998.

http://www.cps.gov.uk/news/fact_sheets/racially_aggravated_offences/

An example:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2121003/Liam-Stacey-jail-tweeting-abuse-Fabrice-Muamba.html

Hmmm.

I'm all for anti-racism, but this seems like going too far in pursuit of an ideal. Somehow I just have difficulty accepting the legitimacy of arresting people for making racist statements or promoting hatred. Well, to each his own. It's their country after all.
Re: The Crime Wave Impacting British Of Nigerian Descent by coogar: 4:19pm On Apr 26, 2012
PhysicsQED:
Hmmm.

I'm all for anti-racism, but this seems like going too far in pursuit of an ideal. Somehow I just have difficulty accepting the legitimacy of arresting people for making racist statements or promoting hatred. Well, to each his own. It's their country after all.

it can fuel inter-community violence.
Re: The Crime Wave Impacting British Of Nigerian Descent by Gbawe: 4:33pm On Apr 26, 2012
PhysicsQED:

Hmmm.

My brother, trust me when I say inaction, against public and inflammatory racist outburst, is not an option. It may have very serious implications for the racial harmony of the Nation. This is not political correctness. imagine , in this day and age of social networking, what someone like cap28 could do with the inaction of the British government in the face of open 'aggravation' of and "utter disrespect" for the black community? The Government , by any overt inaction, would be accused of tacitly supporting the 'humiliation' of the black community. Things could snowball from there and examples in history shows us this.

Don't then blame the policy-makers for erring on the side of caution because they will deal with the fall-outs of things going seriously wrong. I fully understand what you mean though. I too think there may be elements of heavy-handedness at work here because a rehabilitation order may have been appropriate and , also, I am not sure black folks being racially abusive in public would get the books thrown at them similarly. Sometimes, that is history and evolution. Some ills are so grave (slavery, discrimination, outright murder and lynching motivated by hatred etc) that injustices may sometimes accompany the efforts to atone for the original sins.
Re: The Crime Wave Impacting British Of Nigerian Descent by kilimanjaro(m): 4:40pm On Apr 26, 2012
Wonderful!
Re: The Crime Wave Impacting British Of Nigerian Descent by Gbawe: 6:22pm On Apr 26, 2012
cap28:

Dim wit I have one question for u- who armed and funded those racist libyan murderers? Did u knw tht qadaffis minister of defence was a blck libyan? Britain france and america armed and trained the racist libyan al qaeda aka ntc u r too stupid and ignrnt to undrstnd tht the ppl u weorsip r destroyng afrca- evr heard of africom dullard?

'Thicko', you are too daft to see what is obvious. You claim the UK is crawling with vile racists but fail to see the irony of how the Country of your biggest idol is full of racists who are similar in savage brutality and crudeness to the abhorrent Rwandan "cleansing" genocidaires.

Create all the conspiracy theories you want, and indeed some of them may even be legitimate, but will you say the white man taught Libyans racism also? That is the point. You cannot deify the leader of a Country where folks go around murdering black folks compulsively , because of a Hitler-like agenda of cleansing, while hating the UK so rabidly when nothing of that sort goes on there and, in fact, you are even safe enough to be airing views that , expressed in Libya, would land you in a gulag.

Shout as much as you want but you are not going to convince many that most caucasian Britons would take to the Streets tomorrow to begin behaving like the people of your "brother leader". You are Mad.
Re: The Crime Wave Impacting British Of Nigerian Descent by PhysicsQED(m): 7:42pm On Apr 26, 2012
@ coogar & Gbawe

Ok, I get what you guys are saying, but I have some questions.

1. Does the arrest and jail time for racially aggravated public disorder stay on one's record? That is, does one then have a criminal record which one would have to disclose to an employer in the future or which might resurface as an issue if one runs for a political position in the future?

Also, consider a man who was raised from the age of 4 until the age of 18 by his affable and avuncular but hardcore racist male relative and his relative's equally racist but charming wife following the tragic and mysterious demise of his artistic and fashionable parents somewhere near the Himalayas. Then he attends a university composed, in terms of faculty and students, of virtually one ethnicity or race, which is the same as his own and eventually joins the local chapter of an extreme far right political party and the local chapter of a national racist organization, with the urging and support of the family members who raised him. After attending a few meetings or rallies, he begins distributing flyers calling for the immediate deportation of certain religious minorities, the profiling of certain racial minorities, limitations on where certain racial minorities can go and of what political or corporate positions they can hold, and also calling several groups of racial and religious minorities "worthless kunts." After being arrested and serving a month or two, he goes back into society as racist as he was before.

However, 15 years later, he reads some book or watches some movie stressing the interconnectedness and brotherhood of all peoples, has an awakening or enlightenment and starts to see all human beings as his brothers and sisters and disavows his former beliefs. He becomes a Quaker, lives in a multi-ethnic hipster commune for a short while, starts donating money to poor or sick people in countries where the people are of a different race than his own, and overall genuinely changes his ways.

Upon finally unraveling the mystery behind the circumstances of his parents' death, he is suddenly motivated to become a politician so that he can champion the passage of stronger and stricter safety requirements for certain vehicles and aircraft, but his former arrest and prison record become an issue for him and he is unable to withstand the media attack on his past. He loses the election and decides to leave politics alone. He then tries to get a job at certain companies to try to change things from within. However, his potential future employers see his criminal record and decide not to hire him.

Wouldn't this guy be getting screwed over by the system?

2. Have people in Britain considered the possibility that the humiliation of the arrest, and the depression and/or anger that might follow from the prison time served, might push a minor racist over the edge and turn them into a full blown neo-nazi, and make them hardened racists that might more seriously contemplate violent action, rather than make them repent or reform? I mean, is this a talking point, or something that has been seriously debated publicly or in government before or after those racially aggravated public disorder laws were passed?

3. Has anyone ever tried to resist the arrest physically or gotten into a standoff with the police?

4. Has anyone ever hired a lawyer to fight the charges and jail time?

5. Has anyone ever tried to claim that their twitter account was hacked or claim that they were being impersonated by a rival/enemy when they made racially provocative statements?
Re: The Crime Wave Impacting British Of Nigerian Descent by Nobody: 8:27pm On Apr 26, 2012
@PhysicsQED

Dude, aren't you in the West? If you are you will know that racism and hate speeches are abhorred in ALL these countries and this is enshrined in the Laws.

Besides, why would you think the U.K does not have a "Bill Of Rights" ? undecided
Re: The Crime Wave Impacting British Of Nigerian Descent by Nobody: 8:29pm On Apr 26, 2012

I don't get the bolded
Re: The Crime Wave Impacting British Of Nigerian Descent by coogar: 8:54pm On Apr 26, 2012
PhysicsQED: @ coogar & Gbawe

Ok, I get what you guys are saying, but I have some questions.

1. Does the arrest and jail time for racially aggravated public disorder stay on one's record? That is, does one then have a criminal record which one would have to disclose to an employer in the future or which might resurface as an issue if one runs for a political position in the future?

big fat criminal record! one has to disclose minor offences like driving under the influence let
alone a serious offence like making racial slurs.

Also, consider a man who was raised from the age of 4 until the age of 18 by his affable and avuncular but hardcore racist male relative and his relative's equally racist but charming wife following the tragic and mysterious demise of his artistic and fashionable parents somewhere near the Himalayas. Then he attends a university composed, in terms of faculty and students, of virtually one ethnicity or race, which is the same as his own and eventually joins the local chapter of an extreme far right political party and the local chapter of a national racist organization, with the urging and support of the family members who raised him. After attending a few meetings or rallies, he begins distributing flyers calling for the immediate deportation of certain religious minorities, the profiling of certain racial minorities, limitations on where certain racial minorities can go and of what political or corporate positions they can hold, and also calling several groups of racial and religious minorities "worthless kunts." After being arrested and serving a month or two, he goes back into society as racist as he was before.

in a nutshell, a boy who was raised by serial killer parents has the excuse to be a mass murderer?
allowing racists to hurl abuses freely would put a mockery on the 2nd world war the brits fought with their blood n sweats.
this is why it's important for parents to teach their wards and guide their utterances.

However, 15 years later, he reads some book or watches some movie stressing the interconnectedness and brotherhood of all peoples, has an awakening or enlightenment and starts to see all human beings as his brothers and sisters and disavows his former beliefs. He becomes a Quaker, lives in a multi-ethnic hipster commune for a short while, starts donating money to poor or sick people in countries where the people are of a different race than his own, and overall genuinely changes his ways.

if he changes his ways 15 yrs later then kudos to him.
it means his prison reform is now 100% complete.

Upon finally unraveling the mystery behind the circumstances of his parents' death, he is suddenly motivated to become a politician so that he can champion the passage of stronger and stricter safety requirements for certain vehicles and aircraft, but his former arrest and prison record become an issue for him and he is unable to withstand the media attack on his past. He loses the election and decides to leave politics alone. He then tries to get a job at certain companies to try to change things from within. However, his potential future employers see his criminal record and decide not to hire him.

Wouldn't this guy be getting screwed over by the system?

he should hold himself responsible for screwing up his own life.

2. Have people in Britain considered the possibility that the humiliation of the arrest, and the depression and/or anger that might follow from the prison time served, might push a minor racist over the edge and turn them into a full blown neo-nazi, and make them hardened racists that might more seriously contemplate violent action, rather than make them repent or reform? I mean, is this a talking point, or something that has been seriously debated publicly or in government before or after those racially aggravated public disorder laws were passed?

hardened racists in prison? that is if he survives the beatings he would get from the
yardies while in prison if they should get a wind of what brought him there.

3. Has anyone ever tried to resist the arrest physically or gotten into a standoff with the police?

nope. resisting an arrest is a huge offence as well.

4. Has anyone ever hired a lawyer to fight the charges and jail time?

not feasible.
even the animals in the uk know you cannot make a racial comment anywhere in europe.

5. Has anyone ever tried to claim that their twitter account was hacked or claim that they were being impersonated by a rival/enemy when they made racially provocative statements?

this is why you have ip addresses.
even if your twitter account was hacked, did the hacker use your ip address to make such
racial provocative comments?

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (Reply)

An Encounter With Anti-Boko Haram Female Fighters (photo) / APC Can’t Field Candidates For Zamfara, INEC Insists / Governor Akeredolu Orders Arrest Of Fulani Vigilante In Ondo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 157
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.