Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,499 members, 7,830,506 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 12:16 AM

Am I Supposed To Pay For My Wedding? - Family (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Am I Supposed To Pay For My Wedding? (30668 Views)

I Just Started A Family! My Wedding Pics / Some Sweet USUALS Every Wife Is Supposed To Be Giving To Her Husband! / Some Sweet USUALS Every Husband Is Supposed To Be Giving To His Wife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Am I Supposed To Pay For My Wedding? by ronkebp(f): 6:40pm On May 04, 2012
logica: Oh, so it took your "hubby" to tell you for you to know what's "right"? Or maybe this is just an opportunity to remind "us" that you have a "hubby"?

All of the above. smiley smiley
Re: Am I Supposed To Pay For My Wedding? by ronkebp(f): 6:43pm On May 04, 2012
debosky:

Thank heavens your hubby has a good brain on his shoulders. . . . .that should more than make up for your own erm. . . .questionable reasoning on this issue earlier. grin

You open eye enter market my dear. grin

Yeah,....that is where individual differences come-in, when matter get k-leg like this, i ask him and he answers in a very non-challant way, but drives home a good point. infact he did not blink when he answered. and i saw good reasons with him. Even as i tried to twist it, here and there so that he will be on my side, for where?? smiley smiley
Re: Am I Supposed To Pay For My Wedding? by Purist(m): 6:43pm On May 04, 2012
Sugardiva: @ purist ur definition of marriage is certainly admirable, but bliv me u don't knw my definition of marriage so don't judge ok? The definition I gave u is the general perception in Nigeria today. Call it archaic but dats hw Nigerians think 2day. There is almost no man in Nig who wld cuk n clean 50 percent of d time in a marriage. Evn u who is saying this I only give u the benefit of the doubt believing u since I don't knw u.

I am nt arguing based on my opinion of wat marriage shld be, I am arguing based on wat most peeps think it to be. For ur 50 50 sharing idea to work evry1 wld av to hv ur ideology but evry1 doesn't. So its gud for u, but nt a gud premise upon which to base ur advice to the OP.

Okay, I understand you now. And about my own views on marriage, well, let's just say that I only preach what I practice myself. wink
Re: Am I Supposed To Pay For My Wedding? by blank(f): 6:54pm On May 04, 2012
So many lazy men on this thread. Someone even said that if he sees the woman that will pay 100% that he will jump at it. Tomorrow they will say women are gold diggers.
Re: Am I Supposed To Pay For My Wedding? by Nobody: 7:10pm On May 04, 2012
What's the big deal in contributing, even paying for the full wedding?
It just shows that we as Nigerians don't know the meaning of sacrifice and true love.

If the love is genuine the lady won't see money as an issue as long as she has her man for life.
Sometimes i wonder how people reason.

It's understandable if the man is financially okay but is thinking of making the woman pay.
For crying out loud the man is broke and the woman has some money that can sort of the situation.

I'm pretty sure this same woman wouldn't bring out all her life savings if her man needs an operation to survive.
She'd rather sell of his cars and properties to pay for the operation whilst saving her money in the bank.

Some people's way of thinking is plain funny.

4 Likes

Re: Am I Supposed To Pay For My Wedding? by victorian(f): 7:10pm On May 04, 2012
Thats most Nija men for you.. Lazy, Golddiggers and the first to cry foul after selling themselves cheap to women.. sorry guys but its true.
Re: Am I Supposed To Pay For My Wedding? by dayokanu(m): 7:14pm On May 04, 2012
blank: So many lazy men on this thread. Someone even said that if he sees the woman that will pay 100% that he will jump at it. Tomorrow they will say women are gold diggers.

The number of lazy men are not as much as the number of lazy women.

Imagine OP wanted her groom to go borrow for wedding? Atimes when some men insult some women as being intellectually inferior those kind of reasoning are evidence they can point to

Borrow to marry, borrow to pay rent, borrow to do party, borrow to buy clothes. One poster even said he should go borrow from his family and friend.

At least the wife would be the wife of all since the friends would tell her we all contributed to marry you.

I wonder who would be comfortable knowing they borrowed to marry her

1 Like

Re: Am I Supposed To Pay For My Wedding? by jude33084(m): 7:15pm On May 04, 2012
slimyem: ....at least you know what he used his own part of the money for...
Its towards both your comfort after the wedding!
If you can afford it and he's worth it,then do and stop wondering about what's okay of not!don't be SELFISH!
Or betterstill postpone the wedding until he saves up enough money for the wedding and hope he hasnt changed his mind about marrying you by that time!

I join hand with Rest people to say; Na God go Bless you for that talk.
Just imagine what the selfish gul is saying? If I know that guy I will advise him against this marriagem mmsh!
Re: Am I Supposed To Pay For My Wedding? by Nobody: 7:22pm On May 04, 2012
ronkebp: since the lady has the money for the wedding, she should assist her fiance and pay for it
Sounds a lot like ''shebi you have money.''Perhaps this dude is not as criminal-minded as the majority of women on here would have us believe.
ronkebp: and if she feels she cannot pay, then she should wait till when he saves up, which might take another 2 years. simple.!!!!
Within which time of course he'd need to renew his rent and have probably found someone less unselfish.
Re: Am I Supposed To Pay For My Wedding? by dayokanu(m): 7:48pm On May 04, 2012
ronkebp: We still dey here people?

Lets come to the conclusion of the matter, i asked my hubby last night and he said, since the lady has the money for the wedding, she should assist her fiance and pay for it and if she feels she cannot pay, then she should wait till when he saves up, which might take another 2 years. simple.!!!!

so i supoort my hubby's suggestion, Poster, help your fiance and pay for the wedding, if you cannot afford the remaining 80% just let him know, and both of you should put heads together, to either reduce all the expenses you have in mind and cut your coat according to your cloth. I wish you well.

Since the lady has the money (in Nigerian language) = Shebi you have the money

Now carry cutlass about the use of "Shebi you have the money"

1 Like

Re: Am I Supposed To Pay For My Wedding? by ronkebp(f): 7:58pm On May 04, 2012
dayokanu:

Since the lady has the money (in Nigerian language) = Shebi you have the money

Now carry cutlass about the use of "Shebi you have the money"

See analysis!!! smiley, still the manner of approach of that guy sucked.
Re: Am I Supposed To Pay For My Wedding? by Fhemmmy: 8:03pm On May 04, 2012
Tgirl4real: @ Fhemmmy,

I quite get you. There is nothing like having an understanding partner. I can also imagine how a responsible man will feel if he can't provide adequately for his family. Trully, our society is tough now.

I pray God continue to give our 'sensible' men the wisdom, ability, finances and everything it takes to be a real man.

Amen . . .
Re: Am I Supposed To Pay For My Wedding? by Nobody: 9:01pm On May 04, 2012
See question and u wonder why these women nor dey see husband. Very soon women will be the one offering to sponsor the wedding only if the man will agree to marry her. Na bible talk am.
Re: Am I Supposed To Pay For My Wedding? by optimistD(m): 9:05pm On May 04, 2012
if u don't want to make up the money, then don't remind him of the wedding till he makes the money up.
but be warned that he might change his mind.

1 Like

Re: Am I Supposed To Pay For My Wedding? by blacklion(m): 9:08pm On May 04, 2012
victorian: Thats most Nija men for you.. Lazy, Golddiggers and the first to cry foul after selling themselves cheap to women.. sorry guys but its true.

That's most naija women for you. Lazy, selfish, money-grubbing, hypocritical jezebels who advise and encourage their hubby/fiance to incur debt on squandermania at a one-off ceremony rather than pay rent for a roof over his head.

1 Like

Re: Am I Supposed To Pay For My Wedding? by blacklion(m): 9:13pm On May 04, 2012
blank: So many lazy men on this thread. Someone even said that if he sees the woman that will pay 100% that he will jump at it. Tomorrow they will say women are gold diggers.

So many foolish women on this thread who feel that a man should not spend the limited money available to him on paying his rent but rather blow it on marrying a jezebel that had the gumption to advise him to borrow money, not to acquire an asset or invest in business, but to squander on buying fripperies and feeding the multitude at her fantasy wedding.

1 Like

Re: Am I Supposed To Pay For My Wedding? by TV01(m): 11:25pm On May 04, 2012
chaircover: Many of the women on this thread understand this issue deeply but the men are just looking at the tip of the matter.
Ah,ah! "Genderise" it and be sure to calumnise the opposite gender? Men lack understanding and are shallow? Not true and certainly not fair.

chaircover: Many people dont seem to understand the deeper meaning of marriage/wedding. We are not talking about a birthday party or house warming party; we are talking about a one off wedding here. This is the foundation of their married lives.
Three things here;
1. Don't seem to understand; huh? That would be men again. Maybe you'd care to enlighten us; What is the deeper meaning of marriage?
2. Yes it is a "one-off",that's why couples should of a necessity be circumspect about the financial aspects, which by the way, are not the essence. Which leads me nicely on to;
3. "Wedding = foundation" of married life?? Could you be more wrong? A wedding is merely the witnessing of the "agreement & commitment" that is. Which is why you can pop along to the registry with two witness and it won't cost more than the admin fee. And neither the essence or foundation are compromised.

Now, we men do understand and appreciate that most women harbour a lifelong dream of a picturesque white wedding. And most men whilst more than happy to go the registry route, will always seek to indulge his bride to some degree,and almost certainly to the best of his ability.

The fact that most women have warped this indulgence into an undeniable right of theirs and an unalienable responsibility of men is not the fault of thick and shallow men. If we are at fault, it's for falling for it!

chaircover: Personally I would rather put all my money into the accommodation issue rather than put 80% down for the wedding. I dont think that many of you understand the real meaning of a wedding and the deeper matters involved and what it really means when you say that you want to marry a woman. There is one wedding but many many more accommodation renewals.

Having identified the "wedding" as no more than an optional/incidental cost to being married,you can see why to "spiritualise" or imbue it with some "mystical" essence is no more than women being sentimental at best and a scam at worst. A cost is a cost, be it for a wedding, housing, school fees or whatever.

And yes we male thickos know that a "significant wedding" can be a signature statement of deep and abiding love and commitment; to the bride and to the world. We realise that it can be seen as a powerful declaration to all; of our intent and will make WTB feel like a princess,if only for a day. But it is only for a day,and not the essence or the foundation. All that is in the asking and the doing, regardless of the scale or scope.

No man should feel any less of a man for not being in a position to have a large scale celebratory wedding. And if a women feels she must have one there is nothing wrong with her and hers funding it to the nth degree. If he can't or won't, she can make her choice. Men, please be men!

chaircover: And as for the 50/50 western world split that many are talking about, how many of you in theory are marrying these women? and why not? why do so many of you still prefer to marry Nigerian women over these women? How many of you talking especially the naija based peeps will accept their wives kicking them out of the house and barring them from seeing the children simply because she has fallen out of love with you or she caught you with another woman? You all want your cakes and eat it.

Debo has already tasked you on this. And quite ably. Whether you realise it or not you are tacitly saying that a man funding a wedding and sundry cultural ceremonials gives him rights. It changes a partnership into an owner/worker deal. It warps a joint stakeholder arrangement into a Oga and worker situation. Is he buying her? Would you take us back to the time when women/wives were mere chattels?

Using erroneous notions to justify tragic and destructive actions ?

Wrong on the foundations, wrong on the essence and wrong on the significance of a man funding a celebratory wedding.

WannaWeds please take note

Regards
TV

And for the record, we had the celebratory wedding. But we spent wisely, within our means and with an eye on the future. And I would even concur with those who might suggest that in relative terms we overspent. But it's only money. I love the way my wife looked and glowed on the day. Both days sef - traditional in Lagos and church/reception in London. And yes, she remembers it as her dream day and recalls it starry-eyed even now. I loved "coming for my wife", I loved declaring my intent - to both our families and the world. I loved staking my claim with a statement. But I don't own her or feel I have proprietorial rights. And I would have been perfectly satisfied with a trip to the registry if I did not have the wherewithal. And it hasn't and wouldn't have changed the essence of our marriage one bit. We really do need to get back to the foundations of the marriage covenant, grasp its essence and clear out all these warped notions.

1 Like

Re: Am I Supposed To Pay For My Wedding? by clintwine(m): 11:27pm On May 04, 2012

Hi nairalanders.

I am getting married soon, but i am getting scared and confused as the day draws nearer (december).

I have dated my man for four years, and it seems things are getting worse. Despite the fact that it took him three years to decide he wanted us to get married (for some reason he wasnt sure for the three years), now that we are supposed to get married i am having double thoughts.

While he is a nice person, i dont just feel the spark. He is very non challant about everything now in the relationship. HE might offend me, and if i get upset, he acts like he absolutely doesnt care and ignores me without an apology or claims i like wahala. When i even say okay, lets talk about this thing you did, he says he doesnt want to talk about it. He did the same about four weeks back, and for the first time (i hardly get angry), i got angry and didnt speak with him for a whole week and he came apologizing and begging. Well after i forgave him, he was all loving and caring for a while, then shifted back. Now i have been asking him we should like go out or spend some time together, (we dont live together o) and he keeps saying he is in a mood, he is stressed, and i am like wth! My problems with him are:

1. Isnt showing much love and affection: for someone who is getting married, i feel that the love and affection, the eagerness should be there.
2. Always entering moods. today he is in a foul mood and doesn't want to talk to me. tomorrow he is another foul mood and wants to be alone (even when we are together.
3. I am the one always doing things for him, always setting dates for us to go out, always making out time for us to see, sometimes it seems like i am forcing him to do things together with me.
4. he doesnt even seem excited to be getting married. When we talk about it, i just get this non challant attitude again. Been asking him when he wants to come and see my people formally, and all i get it 'you are pressuring me', i need to get some things in place first.

As much as i want to get married (will be 29 this year), i am just not sure i want to put up with these attitude for the rest of my life, or marry someone who doesnt seem so crazy about me even though he claims he is.

My question is this:
I know no one is perfect, but i dont know if i can put up with this behaivour or non challance for the rest of my life. to be honest at 29, i am so scared of leaving, as i know it might take a while to get someone else and marry, but i just dont know. MY friends claim i am taking things to seriously, that i cant get a hundred percent man, but at least cant i get 70? i dont know oh. I am really scared. I love this man, but the thought of a sad marriage is making me scared.

You don't love this man, your only getting married to him because you feel time is against you.Unfortunately for you, this man knows, am afraid its not going to get better
Re: Am I Supposed To Pay For My Wedding? by clintwine(m): 11:48pm On May 04, 2012
I have read this whole thing many times and sincerely chinwe if you looked into the eyes of someone you want to marry and asked him to go and borrow money to marry you when you had money stacked in the bank, then you are not ready to get married. Also, you are not matured emotionally and mentally to get into marriage.

I will be honest with you, if i was to marry you tomorrow, and you mentioned that stuff this night, the marriage ends this night.
You should never enter into marriage because of social status or expectations of people around you.
You are not happy outside the marriage already, there is no way you will be happy in it.

You are prolonging the evil day.If i were you, postpone the wedding, take a break from this thing called relationships and read a lot of books on relationships and marriage

1 Like

Re: Am I Supposed To Pay For My Wedding? by Nobody: 12:05am On May 05, 2012
Re: Am I Supposed To Pay For My Wedding? by warrior01: 12:21am On May 05, 2012
@CC, i wish you can listen to 99.3 fm now as this topic is currently being discussed and hear what listeners are saying. The Op and most nigerian girls are just unnecessarily selfish. I believe the op doesn't really love the guy and not ready to settle down as marriage is about give and take
Re: Am I Supposed To Pay For My Wedding? by TV01(m): 12:47am On May 05, 2012
chaircover: @TV so if you were in this mans shoes, what would you have done?

It hard for me to put myself in his shoes, he is not me. It's difficult for me to put myself in his situation, I am not him.

I simply cannot imagine how the lady in question and I would have gotten that far. I was ruthless. Any hint of mago mago traits or palla palla behaviour and they got frog-marched. If they didn't get it, I got rid of them.

At my most benign, I may have said; "OK she's right,but not ready. I will persevere with her a little and hope she grows in understanding". Even then, I would have kept my eyes peeled and she would have been in danger of losing me. I send 0, but you will show forth first.

For the "aspirational" marriage I desired, the woman I married had to be both right and ready, within a very small margin of error. It took me a long time to understand and to recognise that, and even longer to find her. I waited. God is merciful and kind.

For the record. When I met my wife, I was living in a room you couldn't swing the proverbial cat in. To sleep I had to clear load off the bed. And to get out of the room I had to move things around and gently ease out. It was above a takeaway on a busy road. It was in no way reflective of my means, but I am able to live my beliefs. In the year I lived there, I didn't use the toilet. I went to the gym - how I no go buff cheesy. My best friend visited for 5 mins, said "this is only temporary right"? And left. My cousin came and said he wasn't coming back, cos he couldn't let his kids risk the steps or use the loo. Non of my family came to visit me.

I took my WTB there. I saw the startled look in her eyes. She didn't say a word. Later, I challenged her, "won't you comment on where I live?" I asked. "No" she said, "I was surprised, but I know you can do better". If she had wanted to get married on Mars, I would have begged, borrowed or stolen to make it happen. Be the women we long for and we will be the men your hearts desire.

Best
TV

2 Likes

Re: Am I Supposed To Pay For My Wedding? by debosky(m): 1:12am On May 05, 2012
chaircover: Many of the women on this thread understand this issue deeply but the men are just looking at the tip of the matter.

Of course! the 'deep' issue is who pays for the one-off wedding, not the life that will follow, while the tip is struggling to understand why your own spouse prefers you to borrow rather than assist you. cheesy

Many people dont seem to understand the deeper meaning of marriage/wedding. We are not talking about a birthday party or house warming party; we are talking about a one off wedding here. This is the foundation of their married lives.

Sure! And this deeper meaning is determined by the man solely paying for a lavish, often wasteful ceremony, not the core idea of beginning a life together and acting in unison.

I dont think that many of you understand the real meaning of a wedding and the deeper matters involved and what it really means when you say that you want to marry a woman.

How condescending - only you women understand the alleged 'deeper' matters. Heck, the Yoruba culture that makes the bride's family pay has no understanding of these 'deeper matters'. In fact, none of us here have gone through weddings (with spouses contributing or otherwise), after all we don't understand the real meaning of a wedding (also known as who PAYS for it).

And as for the 50/50 western world split that many are talking about, how many of you in theory are marrying these women? and why not?

Stop there -there are numerous examples of Nigerian women paying large portions or even greater portions of their wedding costs - even on this thread. If you are unaware of such instances, don't assume it doesn't happen.

As regards the yoruba culture where the brides family picks up the reception (note it is the brides family; not the bride) even with that, a grooms family with pride, will still provide at least food and drink for their own guests or at the very least send a cow to the wives family.

The latter is as a matter of courtesy, not necessity. Besides, is the groom here saying he won't contribute ANYTHING? Or is 20% now meaningless?

[quoteI dont think that in the whole 9 pages of this thread, anyone has said to chinwe not to pay for the wedding or help her other half [/quote]

Maybe you need to re-read the thread - your 'Kabal' grin are all saying the man should pay everything. All except the one her hubby latterly talked some sense into her. Hmm, maybe I should give Mr CC a ring. grin

What I can see in the whole matter is that they have communication problems and they both lack trust in each other and based on that alone, I think that they should postpone the wedding for now.

Of course! The women's 'magic' solution is to 'talk'. Is communication going to fix her warped sense of entitlement that the husband should rather BORROW than for her to contribute?

Re the rent issue, they should have had a discussion a long time ago, the moment they realized that the wedding money was going to become accommodation money and both sat down and agreed a way forward.

There was communication - this woman knew her hubby was spending on accommodation, but never raised a finger to help - communication will not remedy her utterly selfish attitude, which is the root cause of the issue here.

1 Like

Re: Am I Supposed To Pay For My Wedding? by dayokanu(m): 1:12am On May 05, 2012
chaircover: @TV so if you were in this mans shoes, what would you have done?

Cancelled the wedding straight
Re: Am I Supposed To Pay For My Wedding? by Busybody2(f): 1:46am On May 05, 2012
I keep saying it and will keep screaming till I make myself hoarse - our Nigerian Mothers have failed us girls and are still failing us. . . Dang I have never seen such distastefully inherent selfishness, misguided priorities and warped and backward sense of reasoning "all round" in my life, until I encountered "the typical Nigerian woman"

And jeez, look at the wishy-washy excuses my fellow women keeps on coming with. . .I used to get so flipping mad at the thousands of naseuous threads belittling Nigerian women that has been springing up in that cesspit called the romance section recently and one day nearly almost barged in, until someone told me to stop loosing sleep over it that those guys were spitting nothing but the truth. . .words failed me that day. . .wharrashame.

1 Like

Re: Am I Supposed To Pay For My Wedding? by Fhemmmy: 1:52am On May 05, 2012
I ant believe that this thread is still growing . ..
Re: Am I Supposed To Pay For My Wedding? by Nobody: 2:04am On May 05, 2012
speak for yourself busybody. My mother has never failed me and will never fail me. she is my mentor and God bless her. Infact Whatever BB, whatever. undecided
Re: Am I Supposed To Pay For My Wedding? by Trimia(f): 2:12am On May 05, 2012
You people should stop calling this woman selfish its pisin me off. Wich of the men here can go and meet thier friends and boast that- ah na my babe pay for our wedding cause she get money. Ideally, marriage costs should be split even, are u trying to say that if the poster here was jobless, or was even still in school the man won't marry her again because she can't pay for d wedding. And d woman didn't even say she couldn't assist in payin d bills, she only complains that eighty percent seems rather unfair to her. And those of you saying the man used his money to rent a house for the BOTH of them should think again. He rented his own house (most probably in just his name) and invited d woman to live with him. So he eventually is the stingy one for asking his girl to pay most of the cost on d basis that he blew his money renting an apartment (was he planning to sleep under bridge wit her). Any man who wants to express thier authority as d head of the house should know one thing, if your wife pays for that wedding, you automatically lose your authority.
Re: Am I Supposed To Pay For My Wedding? by Busybody2(f): 2:15am On May 05, 2012
Fhemmmy: I ant believe that this thread is still growing . ..

The thread needs to grow oh, marriage is about "I" becoming "we" now, abi nor be so?

Why hold back from helping one's Fiance "before" marriage because a woman "might" end up being the main financier after the marriage.

Is she not sure her groom would turn up on their wedding day ni, hence reason she is only willing to spend "after" the wedding and "after" the man has signed the dotted line of no return grin What happened to "common" sense ehn cheesy

texazzpete:

. . . You haven't even married yet and you're showing a far greater affinity for 'tradition' than love and understanding . . .

Hmmm, if there is any "deep" words on this thread, it is this one above cheesy Abeg keep preaching about sacrifice and compromise biko. May God open our ears abi na eyes.

1 Like

Re: Am I Supposed To Pay For My Wedding? by Nobody: 2:17am On May 05, 2012
Trimia: You people should stop calling this woman selfish its pisin me off. Wich of the men here can go and meet thier friends and boast that- ah na my babe pay for our wedding cause she get money. Ideally, marriage costs should be split even, are u trying to say that if the poster here was jobless, or was even still in school the man won't marry her again because she can't pay for d wedding. And d woman didn't even say she couldn't assist in payin d bills, she only complains that eighty percent seems rather unfair to her. And those of you saying the man used his money to rent a house for the BOTH of them should think again. He rented his own house (most probably in just his name) and invited d woman to live with him. So he eventually is the stingy one for asking his girl to pay most of the cost on d basis that he blew his money renting an apartment (was he planning to sleep under bridge wit her). Any man who wants to express thier authority as d head of the house should know one thing, if your wife pays for that wedding, you automatically lose your authority.

Pheww. You have said it all. cool
Re: Am I Supposed To Pay For My Wedding? by Busybody2(f): 2:19am On May 05, 2012
Trimia: You people should stop calling this woman selfish its pisin me off. Wich of the men here can go and meet thier friends and boast that- ah na my babe pay for our wedding cause she get money. Ideally, marriage costs should be split even, are u trying to say that if the poster here was jobless, or was even still in school the man won't marry her again because she can't pay for d wedding. And d woman didn't even say she couldn't assist in payin d bills, she only complains that eighty percent seems rather unfair to her. And those of you saying the man used his money to rent a house for the BOTH of them should think again. He rented his own house (most probably in just his name) and invited d woman to live with him. So he eventually is the stingy one for asking his girl to pay most of the cost on d basis that he blew his money renting an apartment (was he planning to sleep under bridge wit her). Any man who wants to express thier authority as d head of the house should know one thing, if your wife pays for that wedding, you automatically lose your authority.

It is clear you did not read through the thread hence reason for this disjointed piece.
Re: Am I Supposed To Pay For My Wedding? by dayokanu(m): 2:21am On May 05, 2012

The bolded is why the ability of some women to think rationally is always questioned.

So paying for an apartment is now Blowing money? And stingy is the adjective to describe someone who spent his money on a much more important thing (renting a house) Would you have been ok if he finance the wedding but he and the wife after the extravagant wedding are squatting with friends?

So for him not to be stingy, he should have stayed in the falling building and paid for the owambe wedding so the building can fall on the and crush them to death?

Excellent thinking

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (18) (Reply)

After Marriage, How Long Should People Wait To Have Kids / Mothers Please Advice A Frustrated Married Man. / Man Demands His Bride Price After He Found Out His Wife Is Not A Virgin,

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 108
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.