Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,331 members, 7,829,844 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 12:33 PM

Am I Supposed To Pay For My Wedding? - Family (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Am I Supposed To Pay For My Wedding? (30663 Views)

I Just Started A Family! My Wedding Pics / Some Sweet USUALS Every Wife Is Supposed To Be Giving To Her Husband! / Some Sweet USUALS Every Husband Is Supposed To Be Giving To His Wife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Am I Supposed To Pay For My Wedding? by Nobody: 11:37am On May 04, 2012
slimyem: ....at least you know what he used his own part of the money for...
Its towards both your comfort after the wedding!
If you can afford it and he's worth it,then do and stop wondering about what's okay of not!don't be SELFISH!
Or betterstill postpone the wedding until he saves up enough money for the wedding and hope he hasnt changed his mind about marrying you by that time!
excellent answer if you have it and he's worth it
Re: Am I Supposed To Pay For My Wedding? by Sugardiva(f): 11:55am On May 04, 2012
The OP can contribute to the wedding considering the circumstances after all in marriage the two become one and so do their resources. They can cut down on expenses and foot the bill with his 20 percent and what the OP has. (Personally ive never thot it the complete duty of the man to foot the bill. Ive always thot he can foot the bill to the best of his ability and then i can supplement.)

However i dont agree with the pple abusing the OP and calling her selfish. Try to look at her dilemma from her eyes. It would be emotionally tasking not just financially tasking for a woman to foot the bill of ur wedding 80 percent. you would always feel like u forced urself on him. Also as some posters hv pointed out she stands a high risk of being abused by her in laws as forcing herslf on him.

OP i think ur HTB may not be very good with financial planing to get into this dilemma. He knew his rent was expiring in sept and then fixed a wedding in august but only made financial provision for one of those events. So u can try to complement him by helping him with planning your finances. Also his comment of shebi u have money may just be the fact that he is under pressure speaking (but u know him better so be the judge). My advice is if you are very sure he loves u and takes responsiblity for u, dont let this get between u. Foot the bill and marry him. if he is the good guy he will always love n respect u for standing by him and supporting him.

@ all the guys talking abt how couples shld foot wedding bills 50 50 una no get shame? That sounds like irresponsibility. A man's job is to provide! The Op's situation is kind of different cos he used up his money on their rent but if u like no go work find money. A woman should supplement not provide. Thats by both cultural and biblical standards.Be there waiting for a woman who will pay ur bils. Mschew!

2 Likes

Re: Am I Supposed To Pay For My Wedding? by Claus(m): 12:17pm On May 04, 2012
Sugardiva:
OP i think ur HTB may not be very good with financial planing to get into this dilemma. He knew his rent was expiring in sept and then fixed a wedding in august but only made financial provision for one of those events. So u can try to complement him by helping him with planning your finances.

A lot of people have already explained how the rental market works in Nigeria. From what we see, this was a genuine emergency. If your rent expires in a house you're already in, you just renew it for an additional year, so it's feasible he had set aside that renewal money.

However, he had to move out and get a new apartment which would normally require 2 to 3 years advance rental payment + other agency costs. In addition, the poster mentioned some renovation he had to do to the new apartment. That's where the unexpected costs came in.

Please, please, please, let us agree that this was a genuine emergency that can happen to anyone.
Re: Am I Supposed To Pay For My Wedding? by silibaba: 12:21pm On May 04, 2012
why not. why can't you help your hubby in time of adversity? angry angry

i swear if i were to be the dude, i will look for a way to pull out the engagement ring and place it in the finger of a better woman tongue tongue
Re: Am I Supposed To Pay For My Wedding? by Nobody: 12:56pm On May 04, 2012
ferdiii:

Why marrying sef? Make sure u kill only one man in ur quest!

Phewwww
Re: Am I Supposed To Pay For My Wedding? by Hyattsville: 12:58pm On May 04, 2012
Woman with their wahala...so u want to marry and stay outside...don't u know that married is two-way traffic?. Woman, u don't even need to com to the public and ask dis question....u are just suppose to support him bcoz both of u are beneficiaries...only a greedy and stodge woman will ask dis silly question...by d way he's borrowing from u to return in cash or kind...lol

chinwe11: Nairalanders, i have some questions oh. I am getting married in August..............my fiance and i are both working, but the house where he is staying now is having some problems, and might fall soon, so the landlord told them all to evacuate so he can renovate. (The rent was expiring in September anyway) My fiance then decided to use part of the money for the wedding to rent a new house for us. The problem now is, after renting the house, he had to do renovations etc, and now the wedding for the money is almost finished to about 20% left. he is now saying shebi i also have money that i should make up the remaining 80%. Please nairalanders what do you think? Is a woman supposed to pay the bulk money for the wedding?

Afterall what plans did he have for rent after the wedding? I told him to borrow money he said no.
Re: Am I Supposed To Pay For My Wedding? by Purist(m): 1:09pm On May 04, 2012
Sugardiva:
@ all the guys talking abt how couples shld foot wedding bills 50 50 una no get shame? That sounds like irresponsibility.

No, it's not. It's simply common sense. Both parties should contribute EQUALLY in all ramifications so that they can both claim EQUAL stakes in their relationship. This is marriage for crying out loud, not a master-slave relationship. By the way, it seems you ladies discard the equality rule ONLY when pecuniary responsibilities are not in your favour. I'm pretty sure you have no troubles earning the SAME salary as your husband, or even more.

Sugardiva:
A man's job is to provide! A woman should supplement not provide. Thats by both cultural and biblical standards.

Cultural practices vary from place to place, even within Nigeria. You should be more specific when referring to culture. Besides, as someone has repeatedly mentioned here earlier, culture and tradition should only be sustained in correspondence to their relevance in the times we are living in. The days when men were required to be the SOLE provider are long over. Such traditions only stood and were rightly justified in the past because men were the only ones allowed to work, while the women sat at home. These days, women not only work, they are even beginning to earn much more than the men. As a result, surely, we cannot still continue to hold on to such archaic "cultures", can we? Law was made for man, not the other way round.

And talking of biblical standards, you're certainly being selective here. The same Bible permits women NOT to speak in the church. I'm fairly certain that doesn't go down well with you. And besides, the bible says that the woman should be the helper, isn't it? That is exactly what this woman here is being asked to do. Obey the bible and HELP her husband-to-be out.

Sugardiva:
Be there waiting for a woman who will pay ur bils. Mschew!

No one is asking the woman to pay his bills. All we're clamouring for that she contributes as a co-partner in the relationship. Why is this so hard to grasp?

1 Like

Re: Am I Supposed To Pay For My Wedding? by taryour(f): 1:09pm On May 04, 2012
taryour:

it is totally bad to borrow money for ur wedding.. Its not by force to av a big elaborate wedding n besides lots of food will b waisted were there are some ppl out there hungry and wunt even mind eating d leftovers. Cut ur cloth accordin to ur size but if u insist on a big wedding then u shouldnt av a problem dropin d 80% of d funds if u av d money,afterall d house he got n renovated is for d both of u n ur future kids. This happens only once in a life time so no big deal in carrying d expence, marriage is abt love,so if u truely love him n want him for d rest of ur life use d funds u av n a assure u he would appreciate it n cherish u forever but that dosnt mean U SHOULD PUT IT TO HIS FACE AFTER MARRIAGE THAT AFTERALL U FOOTHED ALL D BILLS WEN U AV ARGUMENTS IN UR UNION. If u ever do such then u are shame to womanhood.

adding to what i av said above op, d 80% money pecent u puting down isnt a big deal if u insist on having an elaborate wedding,but if u dont want to use ur mony at all ( which am sure wiil leave a very very bad impression abt u in ur hubby mind) den cot all expences down n use d 20percent he as left. Ur htb like every oda man in dis life knows dat d man should b d one to pay d bride price no matter how broke he is. Good luck.
Re: Am I Supposed To Pay For My Wedding? by Ibime(m): 1:12pm On May 04, 2012
The OP should know that no man ever dreamed of his wedding day as a child.

Most men do not care if they get married in front of a congregation or infront of two witnesses.

In other words, whatever the man decides to spend on a wedding is a gift to his wife.

That you expect a man to ignore his primary responsibility of providing shelter in order to cater for your wedding fantasy (secondary responsibility) speaks more about you than the guy.

Perhaps you would prefer if he asked you to take care of shelter so he could pay for the wedding.

I actually feel sorry for this man you are about to marry. No man wants to marry a flaky woman with mixed-up priorities.

2 Likes

Re: Am I Supposed To Pay For My Wedding? by Ibime(m): 1:16pm On May 04, 2012
odo_von_nestor: [b]Going by culture the man should foot the bill for d wedding. [/b]That's d way it should be in africa culture, if he doesn't have enough he should cut to his size. Our custom demands dat a marry should take the whole responsibilty "to be a man ino easy".

That doesn't mean dat d woman should use her money in running of the family buh it must be after she has been married int the house.

Which culture is this?

English white wedding is not our culture.

If we wanna follow English tradition, we should follow it to the letter. . . in English tradition, the father of the bride pays for the wedding. Why should the OP be stressing her fiance over something her father should be handling? grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Am I Supposed To Pay For My Wedding? by Hassan11: 1:34pm On May 04, 2012
Marriage is a mutual agreement. The man should bear the burns alone. If he is a stingy man that i dont tolerate but he is a give bt d situation demands that u support him why not. The wedding is for both of u and both have to lay d foundation 2geda. Most women support their husby 2day in many ways and u wil never hear from anybody. If d love is there go ahead. Women are helpmate not a fanancier or breadwinners.
Re: Am I Supposed To Pay For My Wedding? by Trimia(f): 2:07pm On May 04, 2012
@poster, when you marry this man, you are going to answer his name, he's paying money to your father to take you to his house, he is more or less (renting) you <i wouldn't say buyin cause nobody owns anybody, just God>. It would be very selfish of you to not contribute anything especially when you know he's not stable, but at the same time, eighty percent is more than a majority of the fundings. No matter what, the day he shouts at you, you won't fail to remind him that you're responsible for d success of d ceremony, no man wants that. All the stupid guys here calling you stingy will die before the accept such a deal from a woman. No offence but your man is not taking the seat of the head of the house here. My advice to you is to put off the ceremony (if you must marry now opt for a small court affair and celebrate when the funds are avialable) until you are stable enough to have your dream weddin. Don't cut your cost and deprive yourself of a nice weddin, we all plan for just one weddin in a life time so let yours be perfect, talk to your man and God bless.
Re: Am I Supposed To Pay For My Wedding? by Fhemmmy: 2:42pm On May 04, 2012
Ibime:

Which culture is this?

English white wedding is not our culture.

If we wanna follow English tradition, we should follow it to the letter. . . in English tradition, the father of the bride pays for the wedding. Why should the OP be stressing her fiance over something her father should be handling? grin grin grin

God Bless you with such a great comment . . . If we wanna stick to our culture, let us do that and if we wanna borrow, we could as well do that too.
The white culture, it is not the man that FUND it all . . .
Re: Am I Supposed To Pay For My Wedding? by ronkebp(f): 2:53pm On May 04, 2012
We still dey here people?

Lets come to the conclusion of the matter, i asked my hubby last night and he said, since the lady has the money for the wedding, she should assist her fiance and pay for it and if she feels she cannot pay, then she should wait till when he saves up, which might take another 2 years. simple.!!!!

so i supoort my hubby's suggestion, Poster, help your fiance and pay for the wedding, if you cannot afford the remaining 80% just let him know, and both of you should put heads together, to either reduce all the expenses you have in mind and cut your coat according to your cloth. I wish you well.

1 Like

Re: Am I Supposed To Pay For My Wedding? by Fhemmmy: 3:02pm On May 04, 2012
ronkebp: We still dey here people?

Lets come to the conclusion of the matter, i asked my hubby last night and he said, since the lady has the money for the wedding, she should assist her fiance and pay for it and if she feels she cannot pay, then she should wait till when he saves up, which might take another 2 years. simple.!!!!

so i supoort my hubby's suggestion, Poster, help your fiance and pay for the wedding, if you cannot afford the remaining 80% just let him know, and both of you should put heads together, to either reduce all the expenses you have in mind and cut your coat according to your cloth. I wish you well.

Q.E.D . . . End of the Movie
Re: Am I Supposed To Pay For My Wedding? by Sugardiva(f): 3:03pm On May 04, 2012
Purist:

No, it's not. It's simply common sense. Both parties should contribute EQUALLY in all ramifications so that they can both claim EQUAL stakes in their relationship. This is marriage for crying out loud, not a master-slave relationship. By the way, it seems you ladies discard the equality rule ONLY when pecuniary responsibilities are not in your favour. I'm pretty sure you have no troubles earning the SAME salary as your husband, or even more.

Cultural practices vary from place to place, even within Nigeria. You should be more specific when referring to culture. Besides, as someone has repeatedly mentioned here earlier, culture and tradition should only be sustained in correspondence to their relevance in the times we are living in. The days when men were required to be the SOLE provider are long over. Such traditions only stood and were rightly justified in the past because men were the only ones allowed to work, while the women sat at home. These days, women not only work, they are even beginning to earn much more than the men. As a result, surely, we cannot still continue to hold on to such archaic "cultures", can we? Law was made for man, not the other way round.

And talking of biblical standards, you're certainly being selective here. The same Bible permits women NOT to speak in the church. I'm fairly certain that doesn't go down well with you. And besides, the bible says that the woman should be the helper, isn't it? That is exactly what this woman here is being asked to do. Obey the bible and HELP her husband-to-be out.

No one is asking the woman to pay his bills. All we're clamouring for that she contributes as a co-partner in the relationship. Why is this so hard to grasp?

Do not take my comments out of context and try to misintepret them. If u must respond to me pls do so based on the totality of what i said. I said the OP should contribute as in marriage they are one and so are their resources. Her refusal to contribute would only be selfish, its her weddint too after all.

But i still maintain my stand that its a man's responsiblity to provide. A man who doesnt feel so is not mentally ready for marriage. u talking abt equality? In a marriage a woman is solely responsible for domestic upkeep of the home all d cleaning, washing n cooking, taking care of the kids and according to u 50 percent of the finances she gets working at a job just as demanding as her hubby's. What does the man contribute? Only 50 percent of the finances. Is it just me or is equality defined differently in ur dictionary?
Re: Am I Supposed To Pay For My Wedding? by Sugardiva(f): 3:12pm On May 04, 2012
Claus:

A lot of people have already explained how the rental market works in Nigeria. From what we see, this was a genuine emergency. If your rent expires in a house you're already in, you just renew it for an additional year, so it's feasible he had set aside that renewal money.

However, he had to move out and get a new apartment which would normally require 2 to 3 years advance rental payment + other agency costs. In addition, the poster mentioned some renovation he had to do to the new apartment. That's where the unexpected costs came in.

Please, please, please, let us agree that this was a genuine emergency that can happen to anyone.

I see ur point but thats not entirely true. I live and rent houses in Nigeria and You CAN rent houses for one year. In Lagos as a matter of fact the law requires the lanlord to collect only six months rent except both parties agree otherwise (altho im not certain the lanlords comply wit that law.) The point is all of what we're saying is just assumptions since we were not there with the OP HTB and so neither u nor i can be entirely sure of if it was actually a true emergency or not so i cant agree with u on that.
Re: Am I Supposed To Pay For My Wedding? by Claus(m): 3:20pm On May 04, 2012
Sugardiva:

I see ur point but thats not entirely true. I live and rent houses in Nigeria and You CAN rent houses for one year. In Lagos as a matter of fact the law requires the lanlord to collect only six months rent except both parties agree otherwise (altho im not certain the lanlords comply wit that law.) The point is all of what we're saying is just assumptions since we were not there with the OP HTB and so neither u nor i can be entirely sure of if it was actually a true emergency or not so i cant agree with u on that.

Fair enough. Following that logic, I guess you can't disagree either then.
We'll leave it at that. Let everyone make the assumption that suits their argument.
Re: Am I Supposed To Pay For My Wedding? by Sugardiva(f): 3:22pm On May 04, 2012
Cool. We agree to disagree then smiley

1 Like

Re: Am I Supposed To Pay For My Wedding? by Fhemmmy: 3:28pm On May 04, 2012
Sugardiva:

The law has not been enforced and the land are still charging whatever they want, according to folks in Nigeria (Lagos) come are still charging 3 years.
Also, i am sure the poster would have corrected us if the rent paid by the gentleman was only for one year.
Also, the gentleman has to furnish the house, which he already did and renovation based on the comment of the poster . . . All those cant and wont be cheap in Nigeria
Again, please dont get me wrong . . 80% from the woman might be on the high side, so they could go back to the drawing board and cut back on some of the costs
Re: Am I Supposed To Pay For My Wedding? by Tgirl4real(f): 3:55pm On May 04, 2012
@ Fhemmmy, it seems you have finally taken a chair and you are having a drink on this thread. You just they reply everybody cheesy grin grin grin
Re: Am I Supposed To Pay For My Wedding? by dayokanu(m): 4:10pm On May 04, 2012
Ibime: The OP should know that no man ever dreamed of his wedding day as a child.

Most men do not care if they get married in front of a congregation or infront of two witnesses.

In other words, whatever the man decides to spend on a wedding is a gift to his wife.

That you expect a man to ignore his primary responsibility of providing shelter in order to cater for your wedding fantasy (secondary responsibility) speaks more about you than the guy.

Perhaps you would prefer if he asked you to take care of shelter so he could pay for the wedding.

I actually feel sorry for this man you are about to marry. No man wants to marry a flaky woman with mixed-up priorities.

Exactly. The wedding ceremony is a woman thing.

90% of men would be more worried about accomodation than some ceremony. The man has taken care of what he deems more important which 100% of men would agree with.

Its either you postpone the wedding, fit the wedding into his 20%, If you cant do a small wedding then contribute otherwise the one I support most is

BREAK UP WITH HIM AND GO FIND ANOTHER MAN WHO WOULD PAY 1million Percent of your wedding expenses while you just sit down there like Sallah ram waiting for Buyer cheesy. Later you would come here and ask us why the man treats you like trash when he bought you completely like an item in the market

1 Like

Re: Am I Supposed To Pay For My Wedding? by Nobody: 4:20pm On May 04, 2012
Sugardiva: The OP can contribute to the wedding considering the circumstances after all in marriage the two become one and so do their resources. They can cut down on expenses and foot the bill with his 20 percent and what the OP has. (Personally ive never thot it the complete duty of the man to foot the bill. Ive always thot he can foot the bill to the best of his ability and then i can supplement.)

However i dont agree with the pple abusing the OP and calling her selfish. Try to look at her dilemma from her eyes. It would be emotionally tasking not just financially tasking for a woman to foot the bill of ur wedding 80 percent. you would always feel like u forced urself on him. Also as some posters hv pointed out she stands a high risk of being abused by her in laws as forcing herslf on him.

OP i think ur HTB may not be very good with financial planing to get into this dilemma. He knew his rent was expiring in sept and then fixed a wedding in august but only made financial provision for one of those events. So u can try to complement him by helping him with planning your finances. Also his comment of shebi u have money may just be the fact that he is under pressure speaking (but u know him better so be the judge). My advice is if you are very sure he loves u and takes responsiblity for u, dont let this get between u. Foot the bill and marry him. if he is the good guy he will always love n respect u for standing by him and supporting him.

@ all the guys talking abt how couples shld foot wedding bills 50 50 una no get shame? That sounds like irresponsibility. A man's job is to provide! The Op's situation is kind of different cos he used up his money on their rent but if u like no go work find money. A woman should supplement not provide. Thats by both cultural and biblical standards.Be there waiting for a woman who will pay ur bils. Mschew!

U never read Isaiah chapter 4 shey? You will soon be the one providing and begging too!
Re: Am I Supposed To Pay For My Wedding? by Nobody: 4:38pm On May 04, 2012
taryour:

adding to what i av said above op, d 80% money pecent u puting down isnt a big deal if u insist on having an elaborate wedding,but if u dont want to use ur mony at all ( which am sure wiil leave a very very bad impression abt u in ur hubby mind) den cot all expences down n use d 20percent he as left. Ur htb like every oda man in dis life knows dat d man should b d one to pay d bride price no matter how broke he is. Good luck.

Funding wedding is not a bride price. That must have been paid. It is this English culture that we borrowed that is always the problem. Which the ladies and their parents are refusing to fund, thereby leaving the ladies grow old and desperate. I hate all these weddings, the new unions are never happy after. Unless the ones criminals fund.

What is dowry again?
Re: Am I Supposed To Pay For My Wedding? by Purist(m): 4:49pm On May 04, 2012
Sugardiva:

But i still maintain my stand that its a man's responsiblity to provide. A man who doesnt feel so is not mentally ready for marriage. u talking abt equality?

Good thing it is YOUR stand. Such stands are archaic and do not apply in the modern world. In a marriage, it is the responsibility of BOTH partners to provide financially for the family, unless one of them is financially handicapped.

Sugardiva:
In a marriage a woman is solely responsible for domestic upkeep of the home all d cleaning, washing n cooking, taking care of the kids and according to u 50 percent of the finances she gets working at a job just as demanding as her hubby's. What does the man contribute? Only 50 percent of the finances. Is it just me or is equality defined differently in ur dictionary?

It seems you and I have different definitions of marriage. And you seem to be taking the role of a mind-reader here, haughtily assuming that you know my stance on marriage. Again, these things are the responsibility of BOTH partners. Yes, domestic upkeep and all that should be done by BOTH the man and the woman. That is what equality means in my dictionary.
Re: Am I Supposed To Pay For My Wedding? by Fhemmmy: 5:03pm On May 04, 2012
Tgirl4real: @ Fhemmmy, it seems you have finally taken a chair and you are having a drink on this thread. You just they reply everybody cheesy grin grin grin

My sister, i just find the thread so amusing, annoying and at same time some of the things being said made me thank Baba God that i no marry in Nigeria, and i thank God for my better half, cos if na money, she would have run away since, but she see something more than money and willing to work together to make something happen to bring out the best in me, while i do same in her.

I am not an advocate that it should be 50 - 50 in a relationship, but whoever have an upper hand, i pray that the man should always have the upper hands, and also, my thing is if a man cant provide 100%, dont make him look like a loser
Re: Am I Supposed To Pay For My Wedding? by Tgirl4real(f): 5:22pm On May 04, 2012
@ Fhemmmy,

I quite get you. There is nothing like having an understanding partner. I can also imagine how a responsible man will feel if he can't provide adequately for his family. Trully, our society is tough now.

I pray God continue to give our 'sensible' men the wisdom, ability, finances and everything it takes to be a real man.

1 Like

Re: Am I Supposed To Pay For My Wedding? by logica(m): 5:25pm On May 04, 2012
ronkebp:
Lets come to the conclusion of the matter, i asked my hubby last night and he said . . .
Oh, so it took your "hubby" to tell you for you to know what's "right"? Or maybe this is just an opportunity to remind "us" that you have a "hubby"?
Re: Am I Supposed To Pay For My Wedding? by Sugardiva(f): 5:31pm On May 04, 2012
@ purist ur definition of marriage is certainly admirable, but bliv me u don't knw my definition of marriage so don't judge ok? The definition I gave u is the general perception in Nigeria today. Call it archaic but dats hw Nigerians think 2day. There is almost no man in Nig who wld cuk n clean 50 percent of d time in a marriage. Evn u who is saying this I only give u the benefit of the doubt believing u since I don't knw u.

I am nt arguing based on my opinion of wat marriage shld be, I am arguing based on wat most peeps think it to be. For ur 50 50 sharing idea to work evry1 wld av to hv ur ideology but evry1 doesn't. So its gud for u, but nt a gud premise upon which to base ur advice to the OP.
Re: Am I Supposed To Pay For My Wedding? by Nobody: 5:59pm On May 04, 2012
Sugardiva: @ purist ur definition of marriage is certainly admirable, but bliv me u don't knw my definition of marriage so don't judge ok? The definition I gave u is the general perception in Nigeria today. Call it archaic but dats hw Nigerians think 2day. There is almost no man in Nig who wld cuk n clean 50 percent of d time in a marriage. Evn u who is saying this I only give u the benefit of the doubt believing u since I don't knw u.

I am nt arguing based on my opinion of wat marriage shld be, I am arguing based on wat most peeps think it to be. For ur 50 50 sharing idea to work evry1 wld av to hv ur ideology but evry1 doesn't. So its gud for u, but nt a gud premise upon which to base ur advice to the OP.

Which Nigeria today? The one that is prosperous? Or the one people are being sacked via facebook? Ur own economy, how buoyant is it? Nigeria today my foot! Must you follow the crowd? Na you go do that borrowing.
Re: Am I Supposed To Pay For My Wedding? by debosky(m): 6:34pm On May 04, 2012
ronkebp: We still dey here people?

Lets come to the conclusion of the matter, i asked my hubby last night and he said[b], since the lady has the money for the wedding, she should assist her fiance and pay for it and if she feels she cannot pay, then she should wait till when he saves up, which might take another 2 years. simple.!!!![/b]

Thank heavens your hubby has a good brain on his shoulders. . . . .that should more than make up for your own erm. . . .questionable reasoning on this issue earlier. grin

This is clearly a case where the husband is the 'better half'. grin grin

You open eye enter market my dear. grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (18) (Reply)

How I Nearly Killed My Aunt Last Christmas / After Marriage, How Long Should People Wait To Have Kids / Mothers Please Advice A Frustrated Married Man.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 134
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.