Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,045 members, 7,828,677 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 12:47 PM

Why Is South Africa More Developed And Stable Than Nigeria?? - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Is South Africa More Developed And Stable Than Nigeria?? (45087 Views)

Igbos Have Developed And Own 80% Of Lagos / Owerri Vs Port Harcourt: Which Is More Developed And Planned? / A Developed And Educated North Is The Last Thing Yorubas And Igbos Want (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Is South Africa More Developed And Stable Than Nigeria?? by Nobody: 11:43pm On May 27, 2012
justwise: [b][/b]

The first thing you should do for the sake of humanity is to check yourself into mental health clinic ASAP, you are not well, and one more thing, condom reduces the chances of contacting HIV, ok? And pass the message to President Zuma as well.

If you were educated and someone asked these reasonable questions, all you ought to do is to answer them but if you couldn't; obviously in this case you can't but only red herring, you should keep your mouth shut! These are questions, many South Africans, old and young, are asking day by day. This is my last comment to you, go and research and study deeply on South Africa before you speak around very educated people!
Re: Why Is South Africa More Developed And Stable Than Nigeria?? by Nobody: 11:44pm On May 27, 2012
Danka7777:

If you were educated and someone asked these reasonable questions, all you ought to do is to answer them but if you couldn't, you should keep your mouth shot! These are questions, many South Africans, old and young, are asking day by day. This is my last comment to you, go and research and study deeply on South Africa before you speak around very educated people!
Hehehe... Zuma case is an obvious evidence that most blacks are very reckless and ignorant beings in areas which matter.
Re: Why Is South Africa More Developed And Stable Than Nigeria?? by joinnow: 11:45pm On May 27, 2012
reasons for that
1. We chase our Colonia master too early or they left too early. recall SA not too long ago became independent.meanwhile the Dutchman were busy building good building,road network,rail stable power supply etc thinking they will not leave SA but unfortunately they left. They cannot carry the building,road and rail network with them to Netherland so SA inherit the Development from Dutch Colonial Master.

2. Also because of the Onyibo relationship that was existing when the Colonial Master were in charge Most MNC established their base there. eg Nike gigantic factory ,Toyota Factory etc.

3. Lagos in Particular and Nigeria in General no get light so most MNC will prefer to establish their company where there is Stable power supply and and good stable leadership.

2 Likes

Re: Why Is South Africa More Developed And Stable Than Nigeria?? by justwise(m): 11:49pm On May 27, 2012
Danka7777:

I feel sorry for you, accept my tremendous sympathy. So you don't think that condoms cannot be tampered with, even though it isn't foolproof? You need re-education!

Yes all the condom we use are made by the west, they tampered with all the condoms being shift to Africa, they are responsible for all our reckless sexual activities. We are not responsible for our actions, if not for the west Nigeria and Africa would have been heaven on earth.
Re: Why Is South Africa More Developed And Stable Than Nigeria?? by Nobody: 11:53pm On May 27, 2012
all4naija: Your comment is laughable! There is nothing on earth that would convince of the truth than speculation carried by the fool.s propagating rumors.

From reading your comments, choice of words and grammar, I can deduce the level of your intelligence and lost of ability to think for yourself, so It would be impossible for me to convince you.
Re: Why Is South Africa More Developed And Stable Than Nigeria?? by crownx(m): 11:54pm On May 27, 2012
The people in power that should read this post obviously don't come to nairaland to read. We fellow 9ja are the ones that tells ourselves the truth. They don't hear. I live in SA, its not a curse naija can't be like SA in years to come. Its simply a crystal clear truth. Some says there's no place like home, but I'll say my home is ONLY my family, not my country. Its not only politics that's ruin nigeria, our level of low exposures as citizen contributes to our failure too. Some european relocated to cape town because they believe its better than their own country. Our own nation beg for foreign investor yet they only sign papers on nta network news but they don't eventually show up. Why would they? If I was oyinbo...doing some investment in 9ja would be suicidal. Even to do business as a citizen needs good Infrastructure/ modern facilities like electricity, roads, security, water, pms, etc.. which the level is zero in naija. E.g, Naija mechanics suffer in naija but they do well in SA, naija hairdresser who invest good drive cars live comfy life, all skillful works are done by naija with modern tech, why won't they make money? I buy accident car at suburb, fix it and sell it back in town. I watch the equipment a naija mechanic use to fix cars n compare to naija mechanics...I laugh...lol. Lots of things needs to be put in place in naija. But there's no hope. An evident typical example of development 9ja/SA.... Can any express road ever be constructed like the jburg/pretoria high way (note: that's not d best in SA) auto cams that snap ur vehicle while over speed on highway, tech/modern road signs all over cities...but the so called best highway in abuja which is still under construction sucks few month I drove there. Can nepa notify citizen for a whole month on tv, public notice etc if they have to take out electricity for just 6 hours. Even the average naija here lives in modern house like in v.I/vgc. Can't keep telling stories to compare 9ja/SA....this bastards in politics comes here with our embezzled money and lavish it on properties and SA women. The last Ileya muslim festival party I attended in SA was at a naija ex local government chairman house in sandton...not sure the price the mansion would cost but I know the estimate of how much he spent on the party could fix some kilometres of bad road in his local government. It is God that can heal our Land.

3 Likes

Re: Why Is South Africa More Developed And Stable Than Nigeria?? by justwise(m): 11:56pm On May 27, 2012
Danka7777:

If you were educated and someone asked these reasonable questions, all you ought to do is to answer them but if you couldn't; obviously in this case you can't but only red herring, you should keep your mouth shut! These are questions, many South Africans, old and young, are asking day by day. This is my last comment to you, go and research and study deeply on South Africa before you speak around very educated people!

So as an 'educated' person this is it? If this is how 'educated' people think then i'm quiet happy to remain an illiterate, i can't see the difference.
Re: Why Is South Africa More Developed And Stable Than Nigeria?? by Nobody: 11:59pm On May 27, 2012
justwise:

Yes all the condom we use are made by the west, they tampered with all the condoms being shift to Africa, they are responsible for all our reckless sexual activities. We are not responsible for our actions, if not for the west Nigeria and Africa would have been heaven on earth.

"if not for the west, Nigeria and Africa would have been heaven on earth" I inserted a comma after the "west" to help convey your sentence properly. This is the most outrageous comment I have heard in my life. How could you say such? How old are you?

Don't you have confidence in yourself as a black person? Are you aware of the inventions of our forbearers? Have you not heard about Ancient African civilizations; civilizations built when whites were clearly nonexistent? You need a thorough education on history to help ward you off of this CAN'T-DO BECAUSE I AM NOT WHITE MENTALITY THAT SOME BLACK HAVE TODAY.
Re: Why Is South Africa More Developed And Stable Than Nigeria?? by justwise(m): 12:04am On May 28, 2012
Danka7777:

"if not for the west, Nigeria and Africa would have been heaven on earth" I inserted a comma after the "west" to help convey your sentence properly. This is the most outrageous comment I have heard in my life. How could you say such? How old are you?

Don't you have confidence in yourself as a black person? Are you aware of the inventions of our forbearers? Have you not heard about Ancient African civilizations; civilizations built when whites were clearly nonexistent? You need a thorough education on history to help ward you off of this CAN'T-DO BECAUSE I AM NOT WHITE MENTALITY THAT SOME BLACK HAVE TODAY.

Danka7777 you are really educated, so you actually understood that line of my post you highlighted? Did you?
Re: Why Is South Africa More Developed And Stable Than Nigeria?? by Nobody: 12:12am On May 28, 2012
justwise:

Danka7777 you are really educated, so you actually understood that line of my post you highlighted? Did you?

I am trying my best to understand what you are writing. Most of your writings/sentences can't convey simple thought. Are you a Nigerian? What were you doing when your mates where taking English writing class? Please stop disgracing us. In fact stop writing further on here, just stop now. I have had a enough!
Re: Why Is South Africa More Developed And Stable Than Nigeria?? by justwise(m): 12:14am On May 28, 2012
Danka7777:

I am trying my best to understand what you are writing. Most of your writings/sentences can't covey simple thought. Are you a Nigerian? What were you doing when your mates where taking English writing class?

You are stuck in the 70s, get yourself updated.
Re: Why Is South Africa More Developed And Stable Than Nigeria?? by Nobody: 12:18am On May 28, 2012
Danka7777:

From reading your comments, choice of words and grammar, I can deduce the level of your intelligence and lost of ability to think for yourself, so It would be impossible for me to convince you.
Buzz off!What are you on about with that statement? You are the one with comprehension problem. I think my references are clear enough. Dude, that is not an excuse for your failure.
Re: Why Is South Africa More Developed And Stable Than Nigeria?? by Nobody: 12:21am On May 28, 2012
justwise:

You are stuck in the 70s, get yourself updated.

I am stuck in the 70s? When I am only 27 and works for Lockheed Martin- research the company, and have about 500 people (whites, for your information) under my supervision. Graduated at the top of my class at Princeton. So I couldn't be stuck. I am damn sure of what I am talking about. Only on here to help people like you who are lost and have no idea who they are or who their forfathers were.

2 Likes

Re: Why Is South Africa More Developed And Stable Than Nigeria?? by Nobody: 12:25am On May 28, 2012
Danka7777:

I am stuck in the 70s? When I am only 27 and works for Lockheed Martin- research the company, and have about 500 people (whites, for your information) under my supervision. Graduated at the top of my class at Princeton. So I couldn't be stuck. I am damn sure of what I am talking about. Only on here to help people like you who are lost and have no idea who they are or who their forfathers were.
Stop flaunting! The issue is about SA not you, dude!
Re: Why Is South Africa More Developed And Stable Than Nigeria?? by justwise(m): 12:30am On May 28, 2012
Danka7777:

Hahaha, let me agree with fear that you work for that company for a moment, now this is my question. . . why are you working for an American company? The same people you are blaming for all the problems in Africa, the evil ones.

You actually studied in the west and decided to remain there after your graduation, why did you not study in Africa and work in Africa?
Re: Why Is South Africa More Developed And Stable Than Nigeria?? by Nobody: 12:32am On May 28, 2012
all4naija: Stop flaunting! The issue is about SA not you, dude!

I wasn't trying to be immodest. I just wanted to share a little of my background for you to know who you talking with. If I and teams of engineers can design a war aircraft and drones to fly and bomb its target, it tells you that I would never speak of anything I have no evidence or facts on. So trust me, whatever I say on here is based on solid research and facts. I expected you to say: let me go and do my research and will get back to you. Had you said that I would had shown respect to yousmiley
Re: Why Is South Africa More Developed And Stable Than Nigeria?? by Nobody: 12:33am On May 28, 2012
justwise:

Hahaha, let me agree with fear that you work for that company for a moment, now this is my question. . . why are you working for an American company? The same people you are blaming for all the problems in Africa, the evil ones.

You actually studied in the west and decided to remain there after your graduation, why did you not study in Africa and work in Africa?

That's what prick does!He's a prick!
Re: Why Is South Africa More Developed And Stable Than Nigeria?? by MrCork17: 12:34am On May 28, 2012
FACT: south african women have bigger nyansh than Nigerian womens!! angry

1 Like

Re: Why Is South Africa More Developed And Stable Than Nigeria?? by justwise(m): 12:35am On May 28, 2012
Danka7777:

I wasn't trying to be immodest. I just wanted to share a little of my background for you to know who you talking with. If I and teams of engineers can design a war aircraft and drones to fly and bomb its target, it tells you that I would never speak of anything I have no evidence or facts on. So trust me, whatever I say on here is based on solid research and facts. I expected you to say: let me go and do my research and will get back to you. Had you said that I would had shown respect to yousmiley

This is getting interesting, so you actually design the drones used by the west to kill innocent people? Why are you working with the enemies to produce dangerous weapons to kill innocent people?
Re: Why Is South Africa More Developed And Stable Than Nigeria?? by Nobody: 12:36am On May 28, 2012
justwise:

My family lives in Asokoro, Abuja. I am coming home soon. As with any engineering graduates in the west-US, it's reasonable to work a year or two to horn your expertise.

Yes, I work with them, that's why I know them well.
Re: Why Is South Africa More Developed And Stable Than Nigeria?? by DeepSight(m): 12:38am On May 28, 2012
South Africa has an enormous infrastructural, and I dare say, even institutional superiority over Nigeria in every sector of the economy and in many places is no different from Europe or North America. However peeps should note two important facts:

1. There are also many areas in which South Africa will never be able to match Nigeria. The extent, quality and impact of the Nigerian Diapora is one. The amount, quality, and exposure of Nigerian professionals is another. The size and power of the emerging Nigerian Middle Class is a third. The gutsy, first-class-citizen mentality of the average Nigerian is a fourth. People who have lived in SA will readily tell you that black South Africans are generally no match for Nigerians in any endeavour. They simply don't have the same self-esteem. This is a real observation.

2. There is a great deal of wretched poverty in SA as well. Like I said, developed areas are just like Europe and North America, but some of the slums make Ajegunle look pretty. Personally, the largest slum I have even seen in my life was just outside Jo'burg. I have never seen a slum as expansive as that anywhere in Nigeria. And I have never seen that levelof wretchedness so closely encamped on such a vast scale beside first-world level opulence.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Is South Africa More Developed And Stable Than Nigeria?? by justwise(m): 12:39am On May 28, 2012
all4naija: That's what prick does!He's a prick!

That guy is a calamity.
Re: Why Is South Africa More Developed And Stable Than Nigeria?? by Nobody: 12:40am On May 28, 2012
justwise:

This is getting interesting, so you actually design the drones used by the west to kill innocent people? Why are you walking with the enemies to produce dangerous weapons to kill innocent people?

Now, you are coming back to my earlier point. Now I am getting your attentionsmiley What makes you think that AIDS isn't being used to kill innocent people, the same innocent people you mentioned are being killed by drones? Didn't know you care so much about these innocent people. All through your posts, you had remained indifferent to them, when I mentioned the Aids victims in South Africa.
Re: Why Is South Africa More Developed And Stable Than Nigeria?? by justwise(m): 12:40am On May 28, 2012
Danka7777:

My family lives in Asokoro, Abuja. I am coming home soon. As with any engineering graduates in the west-US, it's reasonable to work a year or two to horn your expertise.

Yes, I work with them, that's why I know them well.

Sometimes its important to shut-up a bit, you talk a lot of garbage.
Re: Why Is South Africa More Developed And Stable Than Nigeria?? by Nobody: 12:42am On May 28, 2012
justwise:

Sometimes its important to shut-up a bit, you talk a lot of garbage.

you! you are still talking, I thought I shut you down.
Re: Why Is South Africa More Developed And Stable Than Nigeria?? by DeepSight(m): 12:44am On May 28, 2012
This was a post made by omonaijanimio on a thread about the recent Nigeria-SA diplomatic row -

"Interesting thread. I am Nigerian. Live in Nigeria. Love it! Visited 11 countries in almost all continents. Worked in 3 countries (including SA) deploying technology on behalf of my global energy company (180 countries bro). Citizens of the world commit crime and also do good things wherever they find themselves. Most South Africans dont know this cos they're very simple and local. Please travel some. Why do South African women marry Nigerian men? Ask them why, hope your ego survives the answer. There are 400 SA companies here in naija. We also have several small and medium scale Nigerian companies in SA. We support the SA medical system with skilled and experienced doctors. Is SA a beautiful country? Yes. Would I live there? NO. Nigeria is also very beautiful and has limitless opportunities with the biggest market in Africa. Can Nigeria survive MTN and co leaving? They only got here yesterday. Will nationalize them in a minute. We did well without them and would continue to do so. We also have home grown Telcos (Glo, etc.) giving MTN a run for their money and also operating in other West African countries. Do we care if all Naijas in SA are deported? We are 160 million people. 4 in 10 black men is Nigerian. Who cares about illegal immigrants? Will Nigerians retaliate if even the illegals in SA are mistreated rather than being repatriated properly, if needed? Ask your government. They know. Can Nigeria go toe to toe with SA diplomatically? Ask Britain. We recently halted BA flights for messing with Arik airlines, and we kicked out the British and Nationalized BP in the 70s because of your sorry Black asses being enslaved by the Europeans. We need no favors from SA. We are no beggars - ask your women. We will survive and thrive anywhere - ask your women again. We are very loyal and proud, and SA is too inexperienced globally to mess with us. Our President is a PhD, while yours takes a bath and eats beetroot to prevent AIDS. BTW, after reading this comment, scoot to the front page of The Sowetan and see the abuses, murder, corruption, paedophilic and gerontophilic abuses being reported, were those also committed by Nigerians? Always looking for someone to blame are you? We are not Zimbabweans or any other panhandling SADAC folk. We will hit back where we can. A Nigerian did not become the richest African through BBE or apartheid era stolen lucre. Watch and learn fuckas".

https://www.nairaland.com/890816/south-africans-reacts-govt.s-appology/1
Re: Why Is South Africa More Developed And Stable Than Nigeria?? by justwise(m): 12:48am On May 28, 2012
Danka7777:

you! you are still talking, I thought I shut you down.

You need to grow up quick.
Re: Why Is South Africa More Developed And Stable Than Nigeria?? by MrCork17: 1:55am On May 28, 2012
ladies, can you all please chill out. cheers! undecided
Re: Why Is South Africa More Developed And Stable Than Nigeria?? by ektbear: 2:07am On May 28, 2012
haha i wish i could see all these hidden posts
Re: Why Is South Africa More Developed And Stable Than Nigeria?? by Nobody: 2:12am On May 28, 2012
Yesterday, England. Today, South Africa. Tomorrow? Botswana. Stay tuned.

1 Like

Re: Why Is South Africa More Developed And Stable Than Nigeria?? by Obi1kenobi(m): 2:14am On May 28, 2012
Danka7777:

Wow! You must have some really low self-esteem to be making such preposterous claims on an internet forum. You just made a real clown of yourself and lost any inkling of credibility. You know diddly-squat about Princeton or Lockheed Martin, except you're some kind of cleaner or janitor there; else, my father is Barack Obama.

I wouldn't even bother addressing your ridiculous earlier points. Just check yourself into the nearest psych ward. Top of your class at Princeton indeed.cheesy
Re: Why Is South Africa More Developed And Stable Than Nigeria?? by crownx(m): 2:30am On May 28, 2012
Deep Sight: South Africa has an enormous infrastructural, and I dare say, even institutional superiority over Nigeria in every sector of the economy and in many places is no different from Europe or North America. However peeps should note two important facts:

1. There are also many areas in which South Africa will never be able to match Nigeria. The extent, quality and impact of the Nigerian Diapora is one. The amount, quality, and exposure of Nigerian professionals is another. The size and power of the emerging Nigerian Middle Class is a third. The gutsy, first-class-citizen mentality of the average Nigerian is a fourth. People who have lived in SA will readily tell you that black South Africans are generally no match for Nigerians in any endeavour. They simply don't have the same self-esteem. This is a real observation.

2. There is a great deal of wretched poverty in SA as well. Like I said, developed areas are just like Europe and North America, but some of the slums make Ajegunle look pretty. Personally, the largest slum I have even seen in my life was just outside Jo'burg. I have never seen a slum as expansive as that anywhere in Nigeria. And I have never seen that levelof wretchedness so closely encamped on such a vast scale beside first-world level opulence.

Your points are true about black SA vs 9ja. Well then, I wonder why SA black beef 9ja for their success and achievements. They think you're intimidating them by coming to their country to succeed more than them. Funny enough they don't employ naija to white collar jobs or any job at all, naija establish themselves in business, medical, engineering and skilful jobs. Another point you made is level of poverty, Their level of poverty can't be compared with that of naija oooo comparing population of affected citizens from both country. Most of them live for today and not for tomorrow that's why they are poor. But at least they still spend lavishly whatever they earn until they're broke or eventually ends up in poverty unlike large number of naija citizen in naija born and bread in poverty and live below $2 per day. SA 'blacks' drink with lots of money, do expensive shopping on credits at the end become a broke a.s.s. Before next pay day. Besides huge percentage of their black 'men' are VERY lazy. Won't say some Poo they do so that my post won't be hidden but I've met few hard working professional ladies in SA. Well...Tunde is a friend that sells suya popularly called 'gizard' in SA by the roadside just by a traffic robot in pretoria around vanderwalt, despite frustration by racial metro police that harass him and seize his little business many times by demanding for a bribe even though he has permit, drive around 1am even when its very cold, this dude is still there selling. go to his house....he lives like a naija banker. The point I'm making is that economy of our country doesn't make most hard working naija ppl enjoy their sweat in naija. Also agree with the slum in SA, but hey...don't let us compensate the failure of 9ja as a country by saying sweet things. Yes You can say d jburg slum is larger than ajegunle but all the jburg slums put together will approximately occupy about 9% of geographical area of the whole jburg itself. slum dey cape town and other states too....well, they're slums/underdeveloped settlement which covers some less area in states/towns but I tell you what....wider parts of some states/towns in 9ja almost look like a slum itself. The truth is Development are not widely spread across naija. I hate to compare my country but our government has failed us. A line in a post I read said we 9ja keep shifting blames to politics and government....ooh I see. Please who are the fortune of the nation entrusted to? Is it in my account or with political office holders? Individual needs to contribute to the development of 9ja to some point but the major development in the country depends on the sincere management of the nation's annual budget plus allocations to each constituencies should NOT be embezzled. If annual budgets/allocations are properly made use of...there won't be need for repetition of budgets on a particular development by different governments we've had over the years. E.g how many times has budget been made to tackle electricity?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

Tinubu's Campaign DG, Simon Lalong Loses Polling Unit To Obi / Ambode Presents Gift To Fashola At Law Dinner (Photos) / Azman Airline Disowns Jamil Abubakar's Comment On Deborah's Murder

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.