Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,321 members, 7,811,951 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:09 AM

Subsidy Probe: I didn't Collect Any Bribe - Farouk Lawan - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Subsidy Probe: I didn't Collect Any Bribe - Farouk Lawan (18111 Views)

Arms Deal Probe: I Acted In Nigeria’s Interest – Okonjo- Iweala / Saraki: Jonathan Did Not Give Me Any Bribe Over Missing $20bn / Ubah To Buhari: Remove Fuel Subsidy, Probe Those Behind Shutdown (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Subsidy Probe: I didn't Collect Any Bribe - Farouk Lawan by israelbenzion: 8:19am On Jun 11, 2012
Where is the proof? Or they think mere unsubstantiated allegations will cut it? Have u ever heard d maxim ' an ounce of evidence is worth more than a truckload of suspicion'?
He is presumed innocent until proven guilty. And his traducers so far are men who have no credibility, men who would themselves wilt under 2 minutes in d witness-box.
If he did collect, why, with the supposed 'evidence' against him, has he not been arrested? Does he have immunity? No. What are d traducers waiting for then? Now he has come out publicly to join issues with them. So he will necessarily be given d benefit of d doubt. The onus is on he who alleges to now prove that Farouk Lawan is a bribe-taker.
And if they fail to come public with the 'proof', shame on them.

1 Like

Re: Subsidy Probe: I didn't Collect Any Bribe - Farouk Lawan by Olaolufred(m): 8:22am On Jun 11, 2012
Beaf: ^
I will ask again:
What money did Farouk Lawan attempt to tender before the house? Was it the same money he is now claiming he never received?
If he didn't take money, what was he tendering?
Its an open and shut matter thats not even worth debating.

I will repeat that asking for the video is as silly as asking for boko haram bombs to be posted to you before you believe they exist.

I wish goodluck to anyone that wants to go to Yellow House Abuja to demand SSS give them videos so they can believe. Ridiculous things get said on NL sha. embarassed

SSS are tooooooooooooooooooooooooo slow to work on those sucking the nation dry on subsidy regime.
They are toooooooooooooooooooooooo slow to handle boko haram.
But very smart in organizing an epic movie to make Nigerian believe that he who collected one naira from someone who stole a billion stole more.
This movie is Produced and directed by Jonathan the slowpoke.
The most regret in my life is that I voted this dunce.
BUT BEAF, I WON'T JUST ACCEPT THIS PROPAGANDA UNTIL IT IS PROVEN BEYOND REASONABLE DOUBT.
THAT YOU ANOUNCED YOU HAVE A VIDEO HAS NOT SUBSTANTIATED ANYTHING.
YOU NEED TO SHOW THE WORLD THE CORRELATION BETWEEN WHAT YOU'VE GOT AND THE PROOF OF YOUR CASE.
JONATHAN IS A DISGRACE. THE REAL CHAMELEON OF THE CENTURY.

1 Like

Re: Subsidy Probe: I didn't Collect Any Bribe - Farouk Lawan by werepeLeri: 8:24am On Jun 11, 2012
Olaolufred:

SSS are tooooooooooooooooooooooooo slow to work on those sucking the nation dry on subsidy regime.
They are toooooooooooooooooooooooo slow to handle boko haram.
But very smart in organizing an epic movie to make Nigerian believe that he who collected one naira from someone who stole a billion stole more.
This movie is Produced and directed by Jonathan the slowpoke.
The most regret in my life is that I voted this dunce.

So? Cry me a river as if we care. They caught a thief, and instead of facing issues - u talk ras.
Re: Subsidy Probe: I didn't Collect Any Bribe - Farouk Lawan by oddy4real(m): 8:24am On Jun 11, 2012
Many of you here are hypocrites. You hate GEJ so much that you would always go out of your way to make sure he gets credit for nothing and gets the blame for everything.
Firstly, those indicted in the subsidy probe are 'accused' and not convicted. But many of you anti-GEJ peeps here are so blind to the truth that you already address dose indicted as 'thieves'. There is a difference between indictment and conviction. Indictment means "he has a case against him". Conviction means "he did it". Simple.
And as regards Farouk's case, why would you believe that all those indicted by Farouk are guilty without trial and then you believe that Farouk is innocent. Just because he is Farouk?
Taking a cursory look at his so called defence, dere is some admittance of guilt in it. He said "there IS a carricature video of me". That shows there is some substance in the allegations against him.
I wonder if it were someone you people hate so much that was accused of what Farouk did. You all would have asked for his head.
The double standard on Nairaland is appalling and you guys play politics with EVERYTHING.

1 Like

Re: Subsidy Probe: I didn't Collect Any Bribe - Farouk Lawan by Olaolufred(m): 8:35am On Jun 11, 2012
werepeLeri:

So? Cry me a river as if we care. They caught a thief, and instead of facing issues - u talk ras.

YES, BECAUSE THOSE WHO STOLE 1.7 TRILLION ARE NO THIEVES,
ISN'T IT?
ONLY THOSE WHO ARE PRESUMED TO HAVE STOLEN 90 MILLION ARE THIEVES.
THAT IS THE MEANING I GOT FROM YOUR ASSERTIONS.
Re: Subsidy Probe: I didn't Collect Any Bribe - Farouk Lawan by flyuche(m): 8:36am On Jun 11, 2012
Re: Subsidy Probe: I didn't Collect Any Bribe - Farouk Lawan by femzy(m): 8:38am On Jun 11, 2012
Cabal bribe Farouk

Farouk bribe SSS

Who will SSS bribe now ?
Re: Subsidy Probe: I didn't Collect Any Bribe - Farouk Lawan by Olaolufred(m): 8:38am On Jun 11, 2012
flyuche: http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/fuel-subsidy-probe-otedola-confirms-bribe-to-lawmakers/117757/

This is a whole new twist to the story. Lawan is toast.
OTEDOLA IS A COMPLETE ROGUE.
Re: Subsidy Probe: I didn't Collect Any Bribe - Farouk Lawan by FrankC3: 8:42am On Jun 11, 2012
^Beacause he 'helped' prove your hero to be a bribery suspect? Thought you were against corruption, or is it in so far as it does not affect your heroes?
Re: Subsidy Probe: I didn't Collect Any Bribe - Farouk Lawan by blackknight1: 8:44am On Jun 11, 2012
torkaka:
so far i've not yet collected bribe under public trust so i think i'll pass!
Re: Subsidy Probe: I didn't Collect Any Bribe - Farouk Lawan by blackknight1: 8:45am On Jun 11, 2012
torkaka:
dats because u havent had d chance yet!!
Re: Subsidy Probe: I didn't Collect Any Bribe - Farouk Lawan by israelbenzion: 8:50am On Jun 11, 2012
Crap.
So, what money did he produce in the house of reps?

http://www.tribune.com.ng/sat/index.php/news/7639-subsidy-probeefcc-probes-rep-over-3m-bribe.html

@topic
Anyone asking for the video is being as daft as someone asking for boko harams bombs to be posted to them before they believe boko haram exists.
Anyway, this is NL where the new fad is acting silly.

Anyone ready to discredit a man of honour without any proof of his alleged wrongdoings is a fool. And d fool shd hv known dat wen BH strikes, the carnage so caused is inferential evidence that they possessed bombs. St^pid analogy.
Re: Subsidy Probe: I didn't Collect Any Bribe - Farouk Lawan by Olaolufred(m): 8:52am On Jun 11, 2012
oddy4real: Many of you here are hypocrites. You hate GEJ so much that you would always go out of your way to make sure he gets credit for nothing and gets the blame for everything.
Firstly, those indicted in the subsidy probe are 'accused' and not convicted. But many of you anti-GEJ peeps here are so blind to the truth that you already address dose indicted as 'thieves'. There is a difference between indictment and conviction. Indictment means "he has a case against him". Conviction means "he did it". Simple.
And as regards Farouk's case, why would you believe that all those indicted by Farouk are guilty without trial and then you believe that Farouk is innocent. Just because he is Farouk?
Taking a cursory look at his so called defence, dere is some admittance of guilt in it. He said "there IS a carricature video of me". That shows there is some substance in the allegations against him.
I wonder if it were someone you people hate so much that was accused of what Farouk did. You all would have asked for his head.
The double standard on Nairaland is appalling and you guys play politics with EVERYTHING.

YES, LIKE IBORI IS INDICTED.
Re: Subsidy Probe: I didn't Collect Any Bribe - Farouk Lawan by Boboribo: 8:52am On Jun 11, 2012
Jarus: Confirmed from a very reliable source. The Faruk Lawan subsidy scandal is unfortunately true. Fell for set-up by EFCC, SSS etc. Deleted many names from the subsidy indictment list. Now, I have no doubt again that the only politician with 100% integrity is a dead one.

How can you make that conclusion? So you nor get integrity?
Re: Subsidy Probe: I didn't Collect Any Bribe - Farouk Lawan by Nobody: 8:54am On Jun 11, 2012
black knight:
dats because u havent had d chance yet!!
believe me i have!
Re: Subsidy Probe: I didn't Collect Any Bribe - Farouk Lawan by israelbenzion: 8:56am On Jun 11, 2012
Boboribo: The same Beaf who told us the video will soon be on Youtube is now saying the video is irrelevant. Haba!!!

Don't u know a fool when u see one?
Re: Subsidy Probe: I didn't Collect Any Bribe - Farouk Lawan by Beaf: 9:02am On Jun 11, 2012
israel ben-zion:

Anyone ready to discredit a man of honour without any proof of his alleged wrongdoings is a fool. And d fool shd hv known dat wen BH strikes, the carnage so caused is inferential evidence that they possessed bombs. St^pid analogy.

You are the fool here and have always been. You are fighting a lost battle, if you lost souls like boko haram to your highest and fight to pilot the nation into a ditch with criminals like Farouk Lawan. The bastard removed all the names of the real subsidy criminals, called himself a saint and you cockroaches were there to sing halleluya. You are fooling yourselves only.
Re: Subsidy Probe: I didn't Collect Any Bribe - Farouk Lawan by Olaolufred(m): 9:02am On Jun 11, 2012
Frank-C:
^Beacause he 'helped' prove your hero to be a bribery suspect? Thought you were against corruption, or is it in so far as it does not affect your heroes?
IT IS NOT YET PROVEN.
I HAVE A VIDEO OF A TRANSACTION IS A SENTENCE MADE.
IT COULD BE TRUE OR FALSE, BUT MUST BE PROVEN EITHER WAY.
BUT THE TRUTH IS, DOES THIS BRIBERY ALLEGATION ERASED THE FACT THAT SUBSIDY MONEY IS STOLEN?
I NEED YOUR ANSWER TO THIS QUESTION FRANK-C ETAL
Re: Subsidy Probe: I didn't Collect Any Bribe - Farouk Lawan by Boboribo: 9:04am On Jun 11, 2012
These GEJ supporters don't get it. What we are saying is that if we have credible proof that FL indeed demanded bribe from Otedola, we will help you crucify him. You must also realise that this will only be done in a court of law. Is that too much to ask?
Re: Subsidy Probe: I didn't Collect Any Bribe - Farouk Lawan by Beaf: 9:04am On Jun 11, 2012
^
The man in question is changing story like water, but the ome thing he is not doing, is denying the video exists.

Give it up, bro. Farouk is going to jail.
Re: Subsidy Probe: I didn't Collect Any Bribe - Farouk Lawan by Beaf: 9:06am On Jun 11, 2012
Lol! I see red panic in the eyes of the "born to rule!" grin grin
Re: Subsidy Probe: I didn't Collect Any Bribe - Farouk Lawan by seanet02: 9:07am On Jun 11, 2012
Beaf where is the video? This reckless lie can not stand the test of time.
Re: Subsidy Probe: I didn't Collect Any Bribe - Farouk Lawan by Boboribo: 9:08am On Jun 11, 2012
The man in question is changing story like water, but the ome thing he is not doing, is denying the video exists.

Proof my man, proof. If it is only the video you rely on, then forget it.
Re: Subsidy Probe: I didn't Collect Any Bribe - Farouk Lawan by Nobody: 9:10am On Jun 11, 2012
Billyonaire: Did we expect Farouk Lawan to say, "Yes, I collected bribe ?" lol......shameless Lawan. You are going to jail!
. Oga Beaf,sorry Bilionanaira,,Don't you think they should release the home movie?
Re: Subsidy Probe: I didn't Collect Any Bribe - Farouk Lawan by Nobody: 9:14am On Jun 11, 2012
¶ dnt understand wat all dis hulabaloo Ȋ̝̊̅s abt. Show us †ЂΞ video b4 cryin blue murder! If we nor see video where farouk dey collect dollars, otedola shud be sent straight τ̅o jail for defarmation of character & petroleum subsidy fraud. Until we see †ЂΞ video, ¶ call on GEJ τ̅o speedily prosecute every single individual indicted in ∂α† probe report!
Re: Subsidy Probe: I didn't Collect Any Bribe - Farouk Lawan by ogazi007(m): 9:16am On Jun 11, 2012
Home movie Episode one was between SSS and Dokpessy,title 'NA WE DO AM'.we have use the 500mil you and Ibb gave us to bomb Eagle square,what about our balance?close to two years now SSS has refused to release the episode two of the movie.
The latest awaiting movie is between SSS and Farouk Lawal.we still dey wait to watch the movie for NTA.
Farouk Lawal has done a good job,he should go to jail if he is guilty,but his report must not be swept under the carpet as usual.
Re: Subsidy Probe: I didn't Collect Any Bribe - Farouk Lawan by eespunge(m): 9:16am On Jun 11, 2012
24 hours after the leadership of the House of Representatives disowned alleged bribe takers; Farouk Lawan, Jagaban Adams Jagaban and Boniface Emenalor, the leader of the syndicate, Lawan today found his voice to deny the bribery allegation against him even as he described the video showing him collecting part payment of the total bribe sum as fake.

Not many is however swayed by Lawan’s audacious latest defence that the video footage showing him collecting $500,000 cash from the chairman of African Petroleum, Femi Otedola in his Maitama, Abuja residence in the wee hours of the day was manufactured to embarrass him and rubbish the findings of his ad-hoc probe committee. Full text of his statement obtained by ireports-ng.com in Abuja this evening reads as follows:

“My attention has been drawn to several newspapers and internet stories alleging that a prominent member of the House ad-hoc committee on petroleum subsidy demanded and received the sum of $600,000 as bribe from an oil marketer.

I wish to categorically deny that I or any member of the committee demanded and received any bribe from anybody in connection with the fuel subsidy probe and I believe this is evident from the thorough an in-depth manner the investigation was carried out and the all encompassing recommendations produced there from as approved by the whole House.

The general public is hereby reminded that during and after the investigations, we have severally raised alarm on pressures on us from different quarters. In particular, I wish to refer to the front-page publication in the Leadership Weekend newspaper of 28th April 2012, captioned “Marketers Offered Subsidy Committee Planeload of Dollars,” where we alerted the public that a marketer promised to fly in a jet loaded with US Dollars which he “intended to share to both the House Leadership and members of the ad-hoc committee” to influence the outcome of the report.

This clarification is necessary in order to clear all the insinuations being bandied about and, more importantly, to enable the Government concentrate on the implementation of the report.

The present mudslinging is not unexpected in view of the calibre of people whose actions and inactions were found wanting in the report. I am aware that in their desperation to discredit the report and divert the attention of the public from the real issues of large scale fraud in high places established in our report, a video footage displaying a caricature of my person allegedly having a dealing with a marketer reminiscent of the military era when dignitaries were invited to the Villa to watch a video clip of a phantom coup involving Chief Olusegun Obasanjo is already in circulation.

I wish to assure all Nigerians that the sanctity of our report remains unassailable and it will be in the best interest of the country if the relevant authorities faithfully and conscientiously implement the resolutions of the House.”

Lawan’s latest denial however contradicts his earlier defence before the House leadership that he collected the money to play along

http://ireports-ng.com/2012/06/10/video-linking-me-to-3m-bribe-is-fake-says-farouk-lawan/
Re: Subsidy Probe: I didn't Collect Any Bribe - Farouk Lawan by Beaf: 9:19am On Jun 11, 2012
Boboribo:

Proof my man, proof. If it is only the video you rely on, then forget it.

Dude, you are daft.
I suggest you find your way to the gate of Yellow House Abuja to demand proof.

Every man has a right to be an id!ot. Lol!
Re: Subsidy Probe: I didn't Collect Any Bribe - Farouk Lawan by Olaolufred(m): 9:23am On Jun 11, 2012

HE CAN'T GIVE UP ON AN UNSUBSTANTIATED ALLEGATION.
GIVING UP WITHOUT ANY KNOWN EVIDENCE IS NOT GOOD FOR THE RULE OF LAW.
DOES THIS BRIBERY ALLEGATION ERASED THE FACT THAT SUBSIDY MONEY IS STOLEN?
THIS IS A QUESTION THAT BEGS FOR YOUR ANSWER BEAF ETAL.
GOING TO JAIL FOR 90 MILLION WHEN THOSE WHO STEAL TRILLIONS ARE THE ONES DIRECTING THE MOVIE?
I THINK BEAF MUST BE A STARRING ACT IN THIS EPIC.
Re: Subsidy Probe: I didn't Collect Any Bribe - Farouk Lawan by Boboribo: 9:26am On Jun 11, 2012
Beaf:

Dude, you are daft.
I suggest you find your way to the gate of Yellow House Abuja to demand proof.

Every man has a right to be an id!ot. Lol!

That in.cest curse don de worry you again abi?
Re: Subsidy Probe: I didn't Collect Any Bribe - Farouk Lawan by israelbenzion: 9:27am On Jun 11, 2012

U r clearly a man who places no stock by his words. Who will jail him, u? U do ur paid work so badly here that GEJ and d establishment end up harvesting more enemies than friends here on NL. Even as ignorant as u come across,I believe u would at least knw that there is a place called 'Court' and a procedure called 'trial'. U must also provide sumtin called 'evidence'. U don't wish a man away into jail, no matter how appropriate it wud hv been for the establishment. Ok?

When next u come on wit less dan 30% of ur wits, remember to step on d brakes b4 talking rubbish.

2 Likes

Re: Subsidy Probe: I didn't Collect Any Bribe - Farouk Lawan by lekadornis: 9:31am On Jun 11, 2012
torkaka:
well,its nt only until u collectd bribe under public trust dat makes u corrupt, moreova it only take a ''dumb ass'' lik u to knw dat dis is a clear case of cover-up by d so call cabals.....

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

FG Awards N206bn Contract For Main Work Of Second Niger Bridge / Adamawa Assembly Moves To Sack Gov Bindow, Speaker / President Buhari To Attend APC Presidential Rally On Monday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.