Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,764 members, 7,809,935 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:30 PM

Subsidy Probe: I didn't Collect Any Bribe - Farouk Lawan - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Subsidy Probe: I didn't Collect Any Bribe - Farouk Lawan (18108 Views)

Arms Deal Probe: I Acted In Nigeria’s Interest – Okonjo- Iweala / Saraki: Jonathan Did Not Give Me Any Bribe Over Missing $20bn / Ubah To Buhari: Remove Fuel Subsidy, Probe Those Behind Shutdown (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Subsidy Probe: I didn't Collect Any Bribe - Farouk Lawan by nsiadi: 7:16am On Jun 13, 2012
The drama is becoming interesting
I know we had Political sharia just like we are having political Boko
Seems we are also having political fuel subsidy probe

Relevant questions still remain. These include, but not limited to, the following:
1. Why was Rilwanu not invited to testify? Is he a sacred cow?
2. Why didnt Farouk Lawan inform the principal officers of the house?
3. When Farouk Lawan reported to the Police why didnt he hand over the exhibit?
4. If he was trying to save the report why didnt he confide in some key player that he has some bribe?
5. Why did Farouk Lawan turn his house into a bank?
6. Why did he deny that he collected bribe when he was confronted by the house speaker?
7 Why did he walk out on the speaker?
8. Why did Farouk Lawan, later , confirm he collected bribe?
9. What does Farouk Lawan want us believe by saying the video footage was caricatured?
10.Why did Farouk Lawan go , alone , to see Otedola?
11. If Farouk Lawan wanted to implicate Otedola why didnt he inform Police b4 visiting Otedola so they could give covering fire
12. Why didnt Farouk Lawan prevail on the Police to confirm he really complained to them?
13. Has Farouk Lawan no S A N as legal adviser? If he has why doesnt he ask for advise?
14. If Otedola didnt hand over the tapes to appropriate quarters what could have been the right time for Farouk Lawan to expose Otedola?
15. Why was Zenon in the 1st Report but dropped in the doctored report?
16. Since Farouk Lawan doctored the 1st Report is it not proper to say he can doctor the video footage (If given the chance)

Our good friends in NL, who have been defending him can assist in providing answers to these questions.
defending him can assist in providing answers to these questions.

Will Farouk Lawans lawyers disown call logs authenticated by MTN. Many Rivers to cross!

1 Like

Re: Subsidy Probe: I didn't Collect Any Bribe - Farouk Lawan by Demdem(m): 8:26am On Jun 13, 2012
I found this part interesting from the channels report. The bottom line is both Otedola and Farouk has serious issues:

Mr Lawan reported the bribe to the police following which the Inspector-General in a letter dated, May 9, 2012, directed a task force on investigation to meet him.

The IGP in the letter with reference number CR:3000/IGP.SEC/STF/FHQ/ABJ/VOL 2/309 called Lawan’s attention to an interview he granted a national newspaper on April 28, 2012 and directed, “a discreet investigation into the matter.”

The letter was signed by the Commissioner of Police, Special Task Force, Ali Amodu.

He said that in another letter dated May 16, 2012 with reference number CR:3000/IGP.SEC/STF/FHQ/ABJ/VOL 2/319, and signed by Mr Amodu, the IGP requested money exhibit, names of witnesses and other material evidence from him.
http://www.channelstv.com/home/2012/06/12/i-reported-otedolas-bribe-to-police-and-efcc-in-april-farouk-lawan/

Who knows whether farouk was trying to acquire the evidence as requested by the IGP? if am to put myself in farouk's shoes and am asked by a neutral body if i have collected bribe, i will like " i collected bribe but i still didnt collect it grin"
Its funny and disheartening that as SSS in conjuction with Otedola (hopefully so) is conducting his own string operation to implicate Farouk, likewise the Police is also conducting his own operation to implicate Otedola.
SSS VS PoliCE. grin grin
Useless set of people.

Abegii, lets focus more on the Trillions of Naira Fraud (this is the main koko) and leave this 100Million bribe alone jor
Re: Subsidy Probe: I didn't Collect Any Bribe - Farouk Lawan by Nobody: 10:16am On Jun 13, 2012
@Demdem,

The SSS vs Police angle is an interesting one that has crossed my mind more than once since this saga started.

Is there a chasm of some sort undermining investigative work within our security forces?
I think most observers would agree we have seen some evidence of this in relation to how Boko Haram is being handled.

Just a thought.
Re: Subsidy Probe: I didn't Collect Any Bribe - Farouk Lawan by Demdem(m): 11:02am On Jun 13, 2012
eGuerrilla: @Demdem,

The SSS vs Police angle is an interesting one that has crossed my mind more than once since this saga started.

Is there a chasm of some sort undermining investigative work within our security forces?
I think most observers would agree we have seen some evidence of this in relation to how Boko Haram is being handled.

Just a thought.

its obvious to me that these two agencies simply dont work together cooperatively.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Clear Evidence That The IPOB List Claiming To Visit Trump Is Fake / PMB Flags-off Of APC Campaign For The August 11th Bauchi South Senatorial Seat / Magu: UK Too Slow On Diezani… No Kobo Recovered From Her $2.4bn Loot

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.