Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,469 members, 7,812,437 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:21 PM

DV LOTTERY 2014 Preparations - Travel (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / DV LOTTERY 2014 Preparations (172498 Views)

Poll: when will the actual registration start?

This poll has ended

Dv Lottery 2013/2014 / Dv Lottery! How Do I Fill These? / 6,006 Nigerians Win 2010 Us Dv Lottery (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (108) (Go Down)

Re: DV LOTTERY 2014 Preparations by Nobody: 9:29am On Oct 03, 2012
Just done mine but used my home address,NO p.o.box address.
Re: DV LOTTERY 2014 Preparations by brightmon: 9:29am On Oct 03, 2012
I Hate 9ja: Just done mine but used my home address,NO p.o.box address.
its ok.
Re: DV LOTTERY 2014 Preparations by Nobody: 9:30am On Oct 03, 2012
The mailing boxes aint functioning
Re: DV LOTTERY 2014 Preparations by Nobody: 9:31am On Oct 03, 2012
brightmon:
its ok.
thanks Bro! God bless u

1 Like

Re: DV LOTTERY 2014 Preparations by femijck(m): 9:35am On Oct 03, 2012
Guys wat d conclusion on d educational qualification for d undergraduates? "High school wit degree" or "high sch. Withou"t degree or "some univ. Course" plz help about to fil mine.
Re: DV LOTTERY 2014 Preparations by duality(m): 9:37am On Oct 03, 2012
why do people advise one to state the date of birth on WAEC even when it is wrong. shouldn't one state the right thing?
Re: DV LOTTERY 2014 Preparations by Nobody: 9:50am On Oct 03, 2012
femijck: Guys wat d conclusion on d educational qualification for d undergraduates? "High school wit degree" or "high sch. Withou"t degree or "some univ. Course" plz help about to fil mine.

Some Univ courses...
Re: DV LOTTERY 2014 Preparations by Nobody: 9:54am On Oct 03, 2012
duality: why do people advise one to state the date of birth on WAEC even when it is wrong. shouldn't one state the right thing?

I do not know oh.....Just go with the correct one all the time, in addition you can back it up with an affidavit. I remember during my diploma years a colleague had his name misspelt by the school and he continued with the wrong one.
Re: DV LOTTERY 2014 Preparations by duality(m): 10:26am On Oct 03, 2012
ferdiii:

I do not know oh.....Just go with the correct one all the time, in addition you can back it up with an affidavit. I remember during my diploma years a colleague had his name misspelt by the school and he continued with the wrong one.

it is good you understood my point.i would have loved those who give such advice to tell us their reasons. is the waec cert the major reference for age? is it the tradition of the those screening candidates to insist on waec DOB? its crazy using a false waec DOB when your int passport and birth cert says something else. those with such experience should com and clarify.
Re: DV LOTTERY 2014 Preparations by Nobody: 10:44am On Oct 03, 2012
Chai See reg. People are desperate to leave this bless but God forsaken country.na God get power
Re: DV LOTTERY 2014 Preparations by omobabe1(m): 10:46am On Oct 03, 2012
pls my pipu,as a bsc holder how can i fill d qualificatn thin? Shld i fill o level with degree or bsc with degree?
Re: DV LOTTERY 2014 Preparations by zubbainno123: 11:13am On Oct 03, 2012
REGISTRATION COMPLETE.......................time to begin fasting and praying.

2 Likes

Re: DV LOTTERY 2014 Preparations by omobabe1(m): 11:24am On Oct 03, 2012
pls am still wayting for d experts in d house,what shld i fill in d process of qualification,as a bsc holder shld i fill bsc with degree or o level with degree?
Re: DV LOTTERY 2014 Preparations by Nobody: 11:28am On Oct 03, 2012
omo babe: pls am still wayting for d experts in d house,what shld i fill in d process of qualification,as a bsc holder shld i fill bsc with degree or o level with degree?

don't contradict yourself, it would go against you if they find out. you are a degree holder, you should state that. but make sure you have your waec or neco result available also.
Re: DV LOTTERY 2014 Preparations by adesojiaderemi(m): 11:39am On Oct 03, 2012
adesojiaderemi@:

Stick to the names you used for your o, level and probably college degree(s),then the name must correspond with what you have on your international passport.As for birth certificate, africans still have that loophole as an advantage.

This was my advice concerning issue of names and dob.Most of the poster comes here tell you "oh I made mistake on my WAEC or WAEC made mistake on my dob" I can beat my chest and tell you 80% of these claims were false,people delibrately changed their dob when they feel like age is not at their advantage. I mean, we all want to work in a Bank,Multinationals,Shell.. where they kin on recruiting young and fresh graduate,they can't realy challenge WAEC for the error and they dont want to mis the opportunity of traveling abroad so what do you suggest? that they should abadon the process or what

1 Like

Re: DV LOTTERY 2014 Preparations by adesojiaderemi(m): 11:45am On Oct 03, 2012
omo babe: pls am still wayting for d experts in d house,what shld i fill in d process of qualification,as a bsc holder shld i fill bsc with degree or o level with degree?

bsc holder suppose to fill "UNIVERSITY DEGREE NOW"

1 Like

Re: DV LOTTERY 2014 Preparations by brightmon: 12:22pm On Oct 03, 2012
Waec,neco,nabteb=high school dipoma/degree
ND,Nce=Associate degree
bsc,btech,Hnd,ba..=college/university degree
Re: DV LOTTERY 2014 Preparations by omobabe1(m): 12:48pm On Oct 03, 2012
thanks all, am done with mine registration.very simple,my people just walk into any cafe with #200 you are ok,under 20 minutes pls dont use agent ooooooo

1 Like

Re: DV LOTTERY 2014 Preparations by femijck(m): 1:28pm On Oct 03, 2012
omo babe: thanks all, am done with mine registration.very simple,my people just walk into any cafe with #200 you are ok,under 20 minutes pls dont use agent ooooooo
done wit mine also i only spent #100...wit internet explorer version 8.0.
IN GOD I TRUST.
Re: DV LOTTERY 2014 Preparations by esosuo: 1:39pm On Oct 03, 2012
pls wats d specification 4 d photograph background, na red abi white background?
Re: DV LOTTERY 2014 Preparations by ogbago: 1:56pm On Oct 03, 2012
brightmon:
use P.O:Box

@Brightmoon, can me and my son apply with different Surname? I lost my husband years ago and at the time of my marriage,I cldnt do formal change name before my hussy died,hence the different surnames. Another question is my date of birth differs: the one one my international pasport is different from d one used for my SSCE,though, no DOB on my SSCE result. Would they go searching to know if ur DOB is the right one? Which shld I stick to, SSCE DOB or international passport DOB? Pls advise. Thanks.
Re: DV LOTTERY 2014 Preparations by ogbago: 2:03pm On Oct 03, 2012
brightmon:
use P.O:Box

@Brightmoon, can me and my son apply with different Surname? I lost my husband years ago and at the time of my marriage,I cldnt do formal change name before my hussy died,hence the different surnames. Another question is my date of birth differs: the one on my international pasport is different from d one used for my SSCE,though, no DOB on my SSCE certificate. Would they[US DV lottery authorities] go searching to know if ur DOB is the right one? Which shld I stick to, SSCE DOB or international passport DOB? Pls advise. Thanks.
Re: DV LOTTERY 2014 Preparations by ebykings(f): 2:20pm On Oct 03, 2012
femijck: done wit mine also i only spent #100...wit internet explorer version 8.0.
IN GOD I TRUST.

Pls I have been trying if I can see d form through firefox but could'nt. Pls can u post d link
Re: DV LOTTERY 2014 Preparations by brightmon: 2:33pm On Oct 03, 2012
ogbago:

@Brightmoon, can me and my son apply with different Surname? I lost my husband years ago and at the time of my marriage,I cldnt do formal change name before my hussy died,hence the different surnames. Another question is my date of birth differs: the one on my international pasport is different from d one used for my SSCE,though, no DOB on my SSCE certificate. Would they[US DV lottery authorities] go searching to know if ur DOB is the right one? Which shld I stick to, SSCE DOB or international passport DOB? Pls advise. Thanks.
Honesty is the key. Its ok to apply with a diffrent name but is ur name in child birth cetf? Cos dey will need a prove that the child is your.
Why the diffrence in DOB? Anyway, the embassy can go any length if dey suspect you are lieing. My personal Advice: stick to the DOB on ur SSCE if DOB is on it but if not use the DOB on ur Int'l Passport.
Goodluck.
Re: DV LOTTERY 2014 Preparations by babadey(m): 2:53pm On Oct 03, 2012
does this photo validator really works?
Re: DV LOTTERY 2014 Preparations by Nobody: 3:02pm On Oct 03, 2012
ebykings:

Pls I have been trying if I can see d form through firefox but could'nt. Pls can u post d link

i used fire fox no big deal.no matter how perfect/earlier ur application is,doesnt guarantee the winning.Na luck O,no be badluck jonathan.50:50 chances
Re: DV LOTTERY 2014 Preparations by Nobody: 3:08pm On Oct 03, 2012
Many are called but few are chosen I & U'r among them.IJN.wen d result is out we shall all course to shout of joy.Destiny
Re: DV LOTTERY 2014 Preparations by babadey(m): 3:10pm On Oct 03, 2012
baba dey: does this photo validator really works?
.....Any idea pls
Re: DV LOTTERY 2014 Preparations by drumma(m): 3:21pm On Oct 03, 2012
baba dey: .....Any idea pls
brother if you like put 5x7 pic the validator can tell you its valid... you just do the right thing
Re: DV LOTTERY 2014 Preparations by femijck(m): 3:30pm On Oct 03, 2012
ebykings:

sori im on mobile now just open d normal site..bol
Re: DV LOTTERY 2014 Preparations by femijck(m): 3:34pm On Oct 03, 2012
esosuo: pls wats d specification 4 d photograph background, na red abi white background?
white funfun
Re: DV LOTTERY 2014 Preparations by uchetobi(f): 3:38pm On Oct 03, 2012
use the Government cropper to resize your picture

http://travel.state.gov/_res/flash/cropper/FIG_cropper.html#

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (108)

List Of Poorest And Richest Country In The World 2013!!! / Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America / Lies Of Nigerians Living In America

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.