Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,520 members, 7,812,624 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:20 PM

DV LOTTERY 2014 Preparations - Travel (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / DV LOTTERY 2014 Preparations (172500 Views)

Poll: when will the actual registration start?

This poll has ended

Dv Lottery 2013/2014 / Dv Lottery! How Do I Fill These? / 6,006 Nigerians Win 2010 Us Dv Lottery (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (108) (Go Down)

Re: DV LOTTERY 2014 Preparations by Nobody: 3:51pm On Oct 03, 2012
uchetobi: use the Government cropper to resize your picture

http://travel.state.gov/_res/flash/cropper/FIG_cropper.html#

instead of wearing a cloth u wear on a daily basis to take ur passport,many go begin pose dey wia suit.chai dv wizard machine go say this wan rich make i jump.joking o,but pls dont shako,nor shave,buy brazillian hair/wear an xpensive cloth for ur passport photograph.just be ur normal self.
Re: DV LOTTERY 2014 Preparations by brightmon: 4:12pm On Oct 03, 2012
baba dey: does this photo validator really works?
Yes
Re: DV LOTTERY 2014 Preparations by Bakorede(m): 4:16pm On Oct 03, 2012
[quote author=brightmon]please i cudn't get d right 240kb.what can i do?and talking about d background.what i have is not realy pure white but off white but it is plain.please i need ur response urgently.
Re: DV LOTTERY 2014 Preparations by Bakorede(m): 4:17pm On Oct 03, 2012
brightmon]please i cudn't get d right 240kb.what can i do?and talking about d background.what i have is not realy pure white but off white but it is plain.please i need ur response urgently.
Re: DV LOTTERY 2014 Preparations by Nobody: 4:46pm On Oct 03, 2012
Bakorede: brightmon]please i cudn't get d right 240kb.what can i do?and talking about d background.what i have is not realy pure white but off white but it is plain.please i need ur response urgently.
Experts & Guru's in the house,pls advice him
Re: DV LOTTERY 2014 Preparations by ebykings(f): 4:51pm On Oct 03, 2012
uchetobi: use the Government cropper to resize your picture

http://travel.state.gov/_res/flash/cropper/FIG_cropper.html#

Thanks so much. I have tried it and it really worked out so simple
Re: DV LOTTERY 2014 Preparations by brightmon: 4:58pm On Oct 03, 2012
Bakorede: brightmon]please i cudn't get d right 240kb.what can i do?and talking about d background.what i have is not realy pure white but off white but it is plain.please i need ur response urgently.
i sent u a pvt msg, check ur email.
Re: DV LOTTERY 2014 Preparations by packaging(m): 5:07pm On Oct 03, 2012
. Accordin to d website, its stated dat ur pic shudnt b beyound 240kb(i.e it can only b lesser) so if u ar havin anytin greater dan 240kb dat implies u haf added artificial touches to d pic. I'll advice u download d pic from d camera and just crop to 600x600 pixel witout further fotoshop touches. If dats wat u do i bet u cant haf mor dan 100kb (gaan) sef.....thanks !!!
Re: DV LOTTERY 2014 Preparations by femijck(m): 5:08pm On Oct 03, 2012
I Hate 9ja:
Experts & Guru's in the house,pls advice him
d max is 240kb so it does nt necessary mean u shud av that same figure mine was 234kb and that ok..BOL
Re: DV LOTTERY 2014 Preparations by san001: 5:13pm On Oct 03, 2012
brightmon:
use P.O:Box

Thanks.
Re: DV LOTTERY 2014 Preparations by Bakorede(m): 6:22pm On Oct 03, 2012
packaging: . Accordin to d website, its stated dat ur pic shudnt b beyound 240kb(i.e it can only b lesser) so if u ar havin anytin greater dan 240kb dat implies u haf added artificial touches to d pic. I'll advice u download d pic from d camera and just crop to 600x600 pixel witout further fotoshop touches. If dats wat u do i bet u cant haf mor dan 100kb (gaan) sef.....thanks !!!
tanks jare,i thot it has 2b very close 240kb.u know one who follows instructions wil nt perish but prosper.any i av register it successfully even i validated d passport 2 know if it's valid and finally i also saved d CN PAGE into my inbox.MAY GOD can't me and u + evry among d dv winners.

1 Like

Re: DV LOTTERY 2014 Preparations by ogbago: 7:43pm On Oct 03, 2012
brightmon:
Honesty is the key. Its ok to apply with a diffrent name but is ur name in child birth cetf? Cos dey will need a prove that the child is your.
Why the diffrence in DOB? Anyway, the embassy can go any length if dey suspect you are lieing. My personal Advice: stick to the DOB on ur SSCE if DOB is on it but if not use the DOB on ur Int'l Passport.
Goodluck.

Thanks very much @ Brightmoon for taking the time to clarify me.The name I used on my son's birt cert is my husband's name,e.g son of Mrs.C. MrRight and not my maiden's. Which birt cert is acceptable for a child ; the one from National Population commission or from hospital of birth? Maybe I can get it changed to suit the purpose. Do I as a primary applicant need such proof like birth cert or affidavit during time of interview if successful?
Re: DV LOTTERY 2014 Preparations by ahmedgafar7(m): 8:03pm On Oct 03, 2012
pls wat is the zip code of lagos mainland precisely Yaba and is zip code the same as postal codeundecided
Re: DV LOTTERY 2014 Preparations by seir405: 8:11pm On Oct 03, 2012
ahmedgafar7: pls wat is the zip code of lagos mainland precisely Yaba and is zip code the same as postal codeundecided
23401 is better
Re: DV LOTTERY 2014 Preparations by senlu: 8:47pm On Oct 03, 2012
Concerning d issue of place of birth,for example: if someone was born in Lagos State,Ikorodu LGA,Igbogbo. So,what is dis person place of birth?
Re: DV LOTTERY 2014 Preparations by brightmon: 9:08pm On Oct 03, 2012
ogbago:

Thanks very much @ Brightmoon for taking the time to clarify me.The name I used on my son's birt cert is my husband's name,e.g son of Mrs.C. MrRight and not my maiden's. Which birt cert is acceptable for a child ; the one from National Population commission or from hospital of birth? Maybe I can get it changed to suit the purpose. Do I as a primary applicant need such proof like birth cert or affidavit during time of interview if successful?
You both need NCP and hope you also have the Death certificate?
Re: DV LOTTERY 2014 Preparations by Nobody: 10:09pm On Oct 03, 2012
femijck: d max is 240kb so it does nt necessary mean u shud av that same figure mine was 234kb and that ok..BOL

Mine is 61KB. Use a digital camera and set the size to 1MB. After the shot,use photo editor to get the dimension (600 all sides).To do that, click on resize, acquire SELECT and place the stuff on the photo, to get the same width and length, make it higher than 600X600,say 670 both ways, u must have selected PIXEL oh. Just type in 600 on either width or length, the other adjusts to 600 and you save the image. With a white background and non-red shirt, it will never be up to 100KB.
Re: DV LOTTERY 2014 Preparations by femijck(m): 10:42pm On Oct 03, 2012
ferdiii:

Mine is 61KB. Use a digital camera and set the size to 1MB. After the shot,use photo editor to get the dimension (600 all sides).To do that, click on resize, acquire SELECT and place the stuff on the photo, to get the same width and length, make it higher than 600X600,say 670 both ways, u must have selected PIXEL oh. Just type in 600 on either width or length, the other adjusts to 600 and you save the image. With a white background and non-red shirt, it will never be up to 100KB.
do they specify non red shirt on d website?
Re: DV LOTTERY 2014 Preparations by adesojiaderemi(m): 1:48am On Oct 04, 2012
senlu: Concerning d issue of place of birth,for example: if someone was born in Lagos State,Ikorodu LGA,Igbogbo. So,what is dis person place of birth?

Igbogbo,ikorodu lga, Lagos state.
Re: DV LOTTERY 2014 Preparations by Nobody: 6:32am On Oct 04, 2012
femijck: do they specify non red shirt on d website?

It is a suggestion for you not to have a big-size photo.You can wear any cloth that has any color.
Re: DV LOTTERY 2014 Preparations by yhemini: 7:20am On Oct 04, 2012
pls i av a red background on my passport can i use it?
Re: DV LOTTERY 2014 Preparations by Nobody: 7:33am On Oct 04, 2012
I guess mine waz 24kb,coz i scanned directly to the form online,coz it was a 2*2 passport already.av i made a mistake
Re: DV LOTTERY 2014 Preparations by leganssourcing: 8:02am On Oct 04, 2012
I need your help house. my wife won the 2013 dv lottery and i want to include my child also as a beneficiary she is not the mother of my child. we got married after she won. Please i want to know if this will not lead to we being denied visa. your advise and reponse will be apprciated. house please help
Re: DV LOTTERY 2014 Preparations by Bussyme(m): 8:14am On Oct 04, 2012
leganssourcing: I need your help house. my wife won the 2013 dv lottery and i want to include my child also as a beneficiary she is not the mother of my child. we got married after she won. Please i want to know if this will not lead to we being denied visa. your advise and reponse will be apprciated. house please help
I strongly advise you that you should not include that your child,if you do so infact you are on your own(OYO).
Re: DV LOTTERY 2014 Preparations by brightmon: 8:36am On Oct 04, 2012
leganssourcing: I need your help house. my wife won the 2013 dv lottery and i want to include my child also as a beneficiary she is not the mother of my child. we got married after she won. Please i want to know if this will not lead to we being denied visa. your advise and reponse will be apprciated. house please help
My Honest advice, if what you are saying is TRUE. Allow her go and come back for you and ur child in 5yrs that 2017/18 or good luck on your mission.
But u have been adviced b4 on this subject.
Re: DV LOTTERY 2014 Preparations by yhemini: 8:44am On Oct 04, 2012
Please house i av a passport wiv a red background. Can i use it?
Re: DV LOTTERY 2014 Preparations by seir405: 8:54am On Oct 04, 2012

While don't you call them or e.mail{on the dvlottery site} explain to them if you can include your child. Better than taking risk
Re: DV LOTTERY 2014 Preparations by femijck(m): 8:57am On Oct 04, 2012
yhemini: Please house i av a passport wiv a red background. Can i use it?
no use white my man
Re: DV LOTTERY 2014 Preparations by Nobody: 9:08am On Oct 04, 2012

pls dont take the risk,coz americans are SMART,unless u go use JAZZ
Re: DV LOTTERY 2014 Preparations by uchetobi(f): 9:42am On Oct 04, 2012
I Hate 9ja:

instead of wearing a cloth u wear on a daily basis to take ur passport,many go begin pose dey wia suit.chai dv wizard machine go say this wan rich make i jump.joking o,but pls dont shako,nor shave,buy brazillian hair/wear an xpensive cloth for ur passport photograph.just be ur normal self.

HUH
Re: DV LOTTERY 2014 Preparations by yhemini: 9:50am On Oct 04, 2012
Help needed URGENTLY!!!!!!!!!!!! Please house on my WAEC certificate i have dis name (Adesina Sola oluwatobi) which was a mistake by WAEC instead of (Adeshina Shola Oluwatobi) which is what i use for all of my other documents.i.e (drivers licence, university cert and birth cert etc) Do you think dis might pose any problem in the future if i'm a winner and what do u suggest i do about it??
Re: DV LOTTERY 2014 Preparations by Nobody: 9:51am On Oct 04, 2012
uchetobi:

HUH

Lolz.research had it proofed that people who won the 2013 dv visa were people who applied within 48hr's of reg. Though it was a machine error,but individuals are STRONGLY advised to apply earlier.i did mine less than 20hrs of reg..Gudluck to evryone in the house

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (108)

List Of Poorest And Richest Country In The World 2013!!! / Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America / Lies Of Nigerians Living In America

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.