Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,119 members, 7,818,341 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:11 PM

Enugu, The Pride Of The East. - Politics (198) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Enugu, The Pride Of The East. (1783875 Views)

Nigerian Armed Forces, Pride Of West Africa. / Babangida’s Letter To Bola TINUBU, Does The Letter Expose The Pride Of IBB? / The First Mayor Of Enugu, The Most Politically Important Igbo City, Was A Fulani (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (195) (196) (197) (198) (199) (200) (201) ... (697) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 11:40am On Aug 08, 2014
Otigba junction.

5 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 11:41am On Aug 08, 2014
Awkunanaw street, Achara layout Enugu.

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by passion007: 11:41am On Aug 08, 2014
spyder880:

Sure nwanne!
As small children they told us that the owner was warned seriously that he will die whenever he completed this house, hence the delay. We heard that he is adding one block each year grin our childish mind believed the tales back then.
I heard same too.
African Jay U Jay U things.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 11:44am On Aug 08, 2014
The state government has restarted the construction of street roads around Awkunanaw road, catapillers seen here on duty, road closed to traffic.

3 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 11:51am On Aug 08, 2014
When you stand at the hill in front of Loma Linda estates Enugu (also built by Chimaroke Nnamani) looking down at another portion of Independence avenue, there is this speedy massive private housing construction rapidly expanding into Ugwuaji towns, deepening Enugu even till across the Port Harcourt express road. Una de try o

6 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by eeeeeee: 4:20pm On Aug 08, 2014
The way real estate is growing in Enugu is alarming.

Definitely the fastest in the SE.

I cannot keep track of the new estates. Popping up everywhere.

And I am talking quality upscale housing.

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by IGBOSON1: 5:02pm On Aug 08, 2014
spyder880: Can anyone here tell us the nickname of this house? grin

^^^Hammer house of horrors? undecided

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by ChimaAdeoye: 6:11pm On Aug 08, 2014
eeeeeee: Thanks spyder
Keke don dey full Enugu small small.
Let it not turn to Owerri or Uyo situation.
Keke is actually a good thing compared to retrogressive use of okada motorcycles for intra-city public transportation.In the past, women who could not balance themselves on bikes often fell off with fatal consequences.

My only wish is that a SE industrialist will open a standard Keke assembly plant somewhere around Aba,Asaba, Owerri, Onitsha, Nnewi or Emene.Nnewi industrialist Ogbuawa that has continued to import useless motorcycles should seek how to import or manufacture new utility-designed keke which is more useful to the country. Keke should be continuously and ingeniously improved just like cars have been improving their models every year.

I am glad that most Keke now have plastic roof cover from rain and sunlight for it's passengers.
If Keke is properly re-designed to have a little bit more room and to be able carry light goods, it will not just be a good means for poverty alleviation because of its low fuel consumption, but a comfortable alternative means of public transportation in Nigeria.

6 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by eeeeeee: 8:44pm On Aug 08, 2014
ChimaAdeoye:
Keke is actually a good thing compared to retrogressive use of okada motorcycles for intra-city public transportation.In the past, women who could not balance themselves on bikes often fell off with fatal consequences.

My only wish is that a SE industrialist will open a standard Keke assembly plant somewhere around Aba,Asaba, Owerri, Onitsha, Nnewi or Emene.Nnewi industrialist Ogbuawa that has continued to import useless motorcycles should seek how to import or manufacture new utility-designed keke which is more useful to the country. Keke should be continuously and ingeniously improved just like cars have been improving their models every year.

I am glad that most Keke now have plastic roof cover from rain and sunlight for it's passengers.
If Keke is properly re-designed to have a little bit more room and to be able carry light goods, it will not just be a good means for poverty alleviation because of its low fuel consumption, but a comfortable alternative means of public transportation in Nigeria.
True.

But i am also worried about safety, on the whole i guess the advantages are more.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by ibedun: 9:20pm On Aug 08, 2014
be like say nobody dey there sef, everybody don go lagos (Igbo London)
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 9:29pm On Aug 08, 2014

4 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by ChrisOD: 9:34pm On Aug 08, 2014
Would have been another ala bekee but for the unpaved road and uncut grasses and a few other anomalies here and there (e.g., too many disorganized electric poles)

3 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by IGBOSON1: 9:35pm On Aug 08, 2014
ibedun: be like say nobody dey there sef, everybody don go lagos (Igbo London)

^^^You talking of Lagos the nations commercial/industrial capital, or another Lagos?
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 9:55pm On Aug 08, 2014
Edozie street, approaching Kenyatta market.

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by passion007: 9:59pm On Aug 08, 2014
BadBoy25: those indian tricycles look ugly. there are smaller 4 wheel vehicles which also saves gas.it's as efficient and economical as the tricycle ,only that it has 4 wheels which looks more appealing.
Imo State under Ohakim had tricycles that looked like these. I believe it was called "Kim Kim" or "Tim Tim". It even had air conditioners and digital surround stereo...lol. I boarded it once along Wetheral Road. But it would appear the machines were built for Nigerians ie not built to last.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by tandj: 10:13pm On Aug 08, 2014
Abeg,chimeadeoye, u get those gals numbers?
See fyn fyn babes.
My bros them dey look for wives o.
Umu choripoko.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 7:05am On Aug 09, 2014
THE EVOLUTION OF OKPA

In the old days, we grew up to meet okpa like this. .....

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 7:07am On Aug 09, 2014
Then people started getting innovative and experimental, and so they added spicy vegetables into the mix. Okpa with leaves.

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 7:09am On Aug 09, 2014
More experiments, and eggs were added grin

3 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 7:11am On Aug 09, 2014
Enjoyed at many Enugu homes

3 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by manchy7531: 10:56am On Aug 09, 2014

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by achi4u(m): 1:55pm On Aug 09, 2014
Oga Spyder88,I greet you once again for keeping this thread alive up till this moment.
Kudos broda.

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by mufutau55(m): 2:33pm On Aug 09, 2014
spyder880: THE EVOLUTION OF OKPA

Oga Spyder, what is this Okpa made from? Is this like Moin-moin which is made from beans as we have in the Western area?
Thanks.

Hajji Mufutau
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by mufutau55(m): 2:34pm On Aug 09, 2014
Sorry, double post.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by ak47mann(m): 3:29pm On Aug 09, 2014
spyder880: THE EVOLUTION OF OKPA

This is okpa i use to know is a correct protein food cool
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by 9inches(m): 6:19pm On Aug 09, 2014
mufutau55:

Oga Spyder, what is this Okpa made from? Is this like Moin-moin which is made from beans as we have in the Western area?
Thanks.

Hajji Mufutau

No, Okpa is made from a different seed.
Okpa 9th Mile, always the best.

www.naijatreks.com/2014/04/okpa-the-craziest-street-food-in-enugu/
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by mufutau55(m): 6:37pm On Aug 09, 2014
9inches:
No, Okpa is made from a different seed.
Okpa 9th Mile, always the best.

www.naijatreks.com/2014/04/okpa-the-craziest-street-food-in-enugu/

Thank you very much, the article in that link was very useful. I can see the process is like that of "moin-moin'.
I hope someone can post a picture of that Okpa seed. Oga Spyder?

Hajji Mufutau
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by henrychubayo: 10:30pm On Aug 09, 2014
We hear some state are taking effective measures now to tackle Ebola by designating isolation and treatment facilities. What steps are the govt of Enugu taking to curb these deadly virus?

4 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 6:23am On Aug 10, 2014
Akanu Ibiam International Airport Terminal Gets Sept. 2015 Completion Date

The N11.6 billion Akanu Ibiam International Airport Terminal, Enugu will be completed by September 2015, the Supervising Minister of Aviation, Dr. Samuel Ortom has said.

Ortom made this remark after inspecting ongoing construction works at the airport on Monday.

Dr. Ortom, who is also the Minister of State for Trade and Investment, was accompanied on the tour by the Permanent Secretary in the Aviation Ministry and all heads of the aviation agencies as well heads of departments of the ministry.

The minister, who expressed satisfaction with the level of work done at the site, said if the assurance given to him by the contractors, China Civil Engineering Construction Company, CCECC, is anything to go by, the terminal will be ready by September 2015.

The site engineers handling the project promised the minister and his entourage that going by the speed they are going, they will do everything within their power and resources to ensure the project is delivered on schedule.

Ortom also inspected the remodeled old terminal, the pilgrims’ terminal, the pilots’ lounge and the general aviation building, all within the airport.
http://www.informationng.com/2014/04/akanu-ibiam-international-airport-terminal-gets-sept-2015-completion-date.html
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 6:36am On Aug 10, 2014
mufutau55:

Thank you very much, the article in that link was very useful. I can see the process is like that of "moin-moin'.
I hope someone can post a picture of that Okpa seed. Oga Spyder?

Hajji Mufutau

Oga mi, if not for the data loss, we had the pictures of the okpa seed here on this thread, anyway I will look for it and post later. Welcome Sir.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by mufutau55(m): 1:04pm On Aug 10, 2014
spyder880:
Oga mi, if not for the data loss, we had the pictures of the okpa seed here on this thread, anyway I will look for it and post later. Welcome Sir.

I missed those photos. Will surely look forward to another photo. Thank you sir.

Hajji M.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by HappyJoe: 2:34pm On Aug 10, 2014
CFCfan:
http://www.informationng.com/2014/04/akanu-ibiam-international-airport-terminal-gets-sept-2015-completion-date.html

The first pix shows the state of the terminal last August (foundation level). 2nd pix shows this August - at this rate, I think they'll be done this year. Chinese don't mess around.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (195) (196) (197) (198) (199) (200) (201) ... (697) (Reply)

Update on developments in Anambra state-photos / Few Pics From Imo State / Abubakar Shekau, Boko Haram Leader Speaks To BBC Hausa, Enjoys Killing People.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.