Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,190 members, 7,815,146 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:11 AM

Enugu, The Pride Of The East. - Politics (195) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Enugu, The Pride Of The East. (1781989 Views)

Nigerian Armed Forces, Pride Of West Africa. / Babangida’s Letter To Bola TINUBU, Does The Letter Expose The Pride Of IBB? / The First Mayor Of Enugu, The Most Politically Important Igbo City, Was A Fulani (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (192) (193) (194) (195) (196) (197) (198) ... (697) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by passion007: 10:19pm On Aug 02, 2014
mufutau55:

Oga Spyder, is there really a reason to put those rails by the roadside anyway; instead of using heavy concrete dividers like in Obodo...
It does not make economical sense to me.. it cannot even server as a barriers for vehicles. Enugu is really trying, my brother.. how I wish other States can emulate this improvements.

Hajji M.

I believe the rails are very necessary for the safety of school children. That short stretch of Abakpa Cantonment is home to several schools: NAOWA Nursery School, NAOWA Primary School, Command Children's school, Army Children's School 1, Command Day Secondary school, Army Children's School 2.
Kids will play along that road, thus endangering themselves. Those rails are important to hedge them in.

4 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by signz: 10:27pm On Aug 02, 2014
IGBOSON1:

^^^Can someone tell me if ANNAMCO is still assembling trucks and buses at this factory; and who are the major shareholders?

The PAN factory in Kaduna is still in operation, and they both started at the same time!

I heard GUO motors bought Annamco. Don't really know if they're still assembling vehicles
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by mufutau55(m): 10:43pm On Aug 02, 2014
passion007:

I believe the rails are very necessary for the safety of school children. That short stretch of Abakpa Cantonment is home to several schools: NAOWA Nursery School, NAOWA Primary School, Command Children's school, Army Children's School 1, Command Day Secondary school, Army Children's School 2.
Kids will play along that road, thus endangering themselves. Those rails are important to hedge them in.

Of course, I am not saying rails are not needed, I am just saying different type of rails should have been installed, no0t just for beautification purposes but for safety reasons. Thanks.

Hajji M.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 11:32pm On Aug 02, 2014
awodman: Impressed with the pictures of the current state of the new terminal building am seeing...am just grinning sheepishly here...Nwanne spyder thanks for the good work!
I know. I like the fact that it will be a 3-storey building. Can't wait for it to be commissioned in the middle of next year
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by kostadinis: 11:43pm On Aug 02, 2014
-
mufutau55:
Oga Spyder, is there really a reason to put those rails by the roadside anyway; instead of using heavy concrete dividers like in Obodo...

It does not make economical sense to me.. it cannot even server as a barriers for vehicles. Enugu is really trying, my brother.. how I wish other States can emulate this improvements.
Hajji M.

passion007:
[quote author=mufutau55]
Of course, I am not saying rails are not needed, I am just saying different type of rails should have been installed, no0t just for beautification purposes but for safety reasons. Thanks.
Hajji M.

Hajji, i thought your post suggested rails in general should not be used, that concrete dividers should have been better. Unless the 'concrete dividers' meant rails. Hence his reply.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by mufutau55(m): 1:14am On Aug 03, 2014
kostadinis: -
Hajji, i thought your post suggested rails in general should not be used, that concrete dividers should have been better. Unless the 'concrete dividers' meant rails. Hence his reply.

I meant to say concrete divider is another type of rails.. not just iron rails. Or even those plastic dividers with sand or water filled would have been nice. May be my message was too vague. Thanks.

Hajji Mufutau

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by kostadinis: 8:53am On Aug 03, 2014
mufutau55:
I meant to say concrete divider is another type of rails.. not just iron rails. Or even those plastic dividers with sand or water filled would have been nice. May be my message was too vague. Thanks.
Hajji Mufutau
Voila!........Fair enough......It's now an issue of metal vs concrete rails. If It were so, I believe Passion007 would have understood you better, and might not even have raised the issue of safety of the kids. Thanks
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 9:40am On Aug 03, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5FhYpKBKusQ
A revelation on the Islamic plot against Nigeria

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by cjrane: 1:33pm On Aug 03, 2014
CFCfan:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5FhYpKBKusQ
A revelation on the Islamic plot against Nigeria
Thank you for sharing, this is a real eye opener!
We should begin to plan and get prepared for these animals, they won't just stop their rampage in the north.

4 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by smartdave1: 6:37am On Aug 04, 2014
good morning all. Pls i need a little help. I'm applying at the dental school @ trans-ekulu town. I would like to know how much it will cost to get a self contain (bedroom, kitchen, toilet and bathroom) or a one room apartment.
Thank you in advance.

3 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by rozayx5(m): 9:34pm On Aug 04, 2014
Kasynpaulsyn1997 come and enlighten yourself cool
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 9:37pm On Aug 04, 2014
rozayx5: Kasynpaulsyn1997 come and enlighten yourself cool
u said u are akwaibomite?
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by rozayx5(m): 9:37pm On Aug 04, 2014
Kasynpaulsyn1997: u said u are akwaibomite?

sure whats wrong with that?
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 9:39pm On Aug 04, 2014
smartdave1: good morning all. Pls i need a little help. I'm applying at the dental school @ trans-ekulu town. I would like to know how much it will cost to get a self contain (bedroom, kitchen, toilet and bathroom) or a one room apartment.
Thank you in advance.

Call 08030799100 for quick rental advice in Trans Ekulu Enugu.

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 9:40pm On Aug 04, 2014
rozayx5:

sure whats wrong with that?
hmmm.....SMH @the way u defend enugu.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by rozayx5(m): 9:49pm On Aug 04, 2014
Kasynpaulsyn1997: hmmm.....SMH @the way u defend enugu.

Enugu is nice, has better Estates than Uyo , we have better roads and maybe clean environment but they have more jobs and industries than Uyo, and its far larger. so you have to be truthful to yourself Bro cool

apart from Ewet ,Shelter afrique and osogoma i dont know any other major Estate in UYo, so dont start and argument you cant win.
Learn to tell your self the truth and pray the next governor that comes in invests massively in housing

8 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 9:53pm On Aug 04, 2014
rozayx5:

Enugu is nice, has better Estates than Uyo , we have better roads and maybe clean environment but they have more jobs and industries than Uyo, and its far larger. so you have to be truthful to yourself Bro cool

apart from Ewet ,Shelter afrique and osogoma i dont know any other major Estate in UYo, so dont start and argument you cant win.
Learn to tell your self the truth and pray the next governor that comes in invests massively in housing
mr. You 're not akwaibomite!!! Stop the lie....
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by rozayx5(m): 10:18pm On Aug 04, 2014
Kasynpaulsyn1997: mr. You 're not akwaibomite!!! Stop the lie....
am from oruk anam
ward 11
Owo annang edi owo uko cool
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 10:20pm On Aug 04, 2014
rozayx5:
am from oruk anam
ward 11
Owo annang edi owo uko cool
idem mfo idiok ke?
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by rozayx5(m): 10:23pm On Aug 04, 2014
Kasynpaulsyn1997: idem mfo idiok ke?

idem mi osong cheesy
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 10:26pm On Aug 04, 2014
rozayx5:

idem mi osong cheesy
wow! I no sabi una language o, e neva tey wey i enter uyo and i no even they interested to learn am. Lol
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by rozayx5(m): 10:28pm On Aug 04, 2014
Kasynpaulsyn1997: wow! I no sabi una language o, e neva tey wey i enter uyo and i no even they interested to learn am. Lol

your welcome to the land of promise, your safe here, even its 2am in the night cool cool

4 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by cjrane: 10:30pm On Aug 04, 2014
rozayx5:

idem mi osong cheesy

Biko ignore the frustrated murderous Aboki here. His aim is clearly to derail this thread. I'm sure it is the same ediotu called 'all naija' before the data loss which removed his moniker from NL.
To get a rise from you to be Feeding into his crap is the only reason he's here.

5 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 10:36pm On Aug 04, 2014
cjrane:

Biko ignore the frustrated murderous Aboki here. His aim is clearly to derail this thread. I'm sure it is the same ediotu called 'all naija' before the data loss which removed his moniker from NL.
To get a rise from you to be Feeding into his crap is the only reason he's here.
muderous aboki kwa? Nwanne e neva reach otu a nah!
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by christejames(m): 10:46pm On Aug 04, 2014
Kasynpaulsyn1997: mr. You 're not akwaibomite!!! Stop the lie....
hey chap! Get a life and stop all this unnecessary attention on nairaland cause it won't help you. Try and walk on eggshell or betterstill remain silent cause they say its golden.

7 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by kel4soft: 12:03am On Aug 05, 2014
eaglechild: I think this may have been posted before, and I don't know the progress so far, but these are some of the major roads under construction.

From what I have seen in Enugu roads construction. The govt don't spend that much due to the favourable soil you guys have. If na down here south. The excavation and sand filling would be another job before the main construction. I did enjoyed the city the last time I came.

5 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by collynzov5: 6:05am On Aug 05, 2014
kel4soft:

From what I have seen in Enugu roads construction. The govt don't spend that much due to the favourable soil you guys have. If na down here south. The excavation and sand filling would be another job before the main construction. I did enjoyed the city the last time I came.
Advantages and disadvantages.

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Sunnybobo3(m): 6:41am On Aug 05, 2014
rozayx5:

your welcome to the land of promise, your safe here, even its 2am in the night cool cool

Annang mma!

Da kpong ufan ado ke anye uyem fien iko ke inua. Eyin utit ini ke anye ado.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by rozayx5(m): 6:45am On Aug 05, 2014
Sunnybobo3:

Annang mma!

Da kpong ufan ado ke anye uyem fien iko ke inua. Eyin utit ini ke anye ado .

grin grin grin
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by kel4soft: 9:00am On Aug 05, 2014
collynzov5:
Advantages and disadvantages.

Advantages

You can actually dualised as much roads as possible with lesser budget compared to what we have here in down south, where for a road with lets say without bridges, you will to excavate as some point close to 4-6ft to get the engineering soil. You can then sand filled all through before the compaction and thereafter sub base which is usually thicker. At some terrain, you may require to cast the road even after the sandfilling. My point, the soil in Enugu is favourable for both the contractor and govt since the former can actually start his compaction work with same soil maybe after his earthwork while latter can spend relatively far lesser and thus can construct as much.

Disadvantages
Just red roofs

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by smartdave1: 9:54am On Aug 05, 2014
smartdave1: good morning all. Pls i need a little help. I'm applying at the dental school @ trans-ekulu town. I would like to know how much it will cost to get a self contain (bedroom, kitchen, toilet and bathroom) or a one room apartment.
Thank you in advance.
pls help
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 8:09pm On Aug 07, 2014
We are going to ESUT Agbani today grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (192) (193) (194) (195) (196) (197) (198) ... (697) (Reply)

Update on developments in Anambra state-photos / Few Pics From Imo State / Abubakar Shekau, Boko Haram Leader Speaks To BBC Hausa, Enjoys Killing People.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.