Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,194 members, 7,822,026 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:22 AM

Enugu, The Pride Of The East. - Politics (223) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Enugu, The Pride Of The East. (1785981 Views)

Nigerian Armed Forces, Pride Of West Africa. / Babangida’s Letter To Bola TINUBU, Does The Letter Expose The Pride Of IBB? / The First Mayor Of Enugu, The Most Politically Important Igbo City, Was A Fulani (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (220) (221) (222) (223) (224) (225) (226) ... (697) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by smartdave1: 8:52am On Sep 01, 2014
spyder880: From Nowas filling station down to Penoks filling station Trans Ekulu Enugu.
bro, pls how much does it cost to get a self contain apartment at trans-ekulu?
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by eeeeeee: 10:40pm On Sep 01, 2014
spyder880: From the hometown of Spyder880, bad roads never ever done before. We have been neglected by all past and present state administrations. A food basket like Nomeh Unateze is languishing in abject underdevelopment owing to a policy of negligence.

When will the roads from Nara-Mburubu-Nomeh-Nenwe be done. There is zero government presence here. This is Nkanu East local government area. I was in my village earlier today and the story is still the same. Governor Sullivan, please come to our rescue.
This is sad.
I guess this is why some folks still insist that Chime neglected rural development.

Truth be told hardly will you see a road leading to a major community in such a state in Anambra.
Sorry, I just had to make that comparison, I think it is sometimes necessary to borrow a leaf from one another in different aspects that are commendable.

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 12:06pm On Sep 02, 2014
Do you live in awka?

TabletMan: No wahala my nigga.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by TabletMan: 12:45pm On Sep 02, 2014
peppyluv02: Do you live in awka?

nope. Umuahia/Onitsha rather
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Kcinho(m): 1:17pm On Sep 02, 2014
spyder880: 1. Igwe Edward Nnaji
2. C .C. Onoh
3. Akanu Ibiam
4. Sir Michael Okpara
5. Jim Nwobodo
6. Igwe Chime
7. Okwesilieze Nwodo
8. Ken Nnamani
9. Chimaroke Nnamani
10. Sullivan Chime
11. Ike Ekweremmadu

Who among these giants made the most important impact in Enugu development. Let's explore the contributions of our leaders. Good morning everyone grin
Sir Michael Okpara I think. Most of those men above either forgot or don't know there is a local government like uzouwani. A boundary LGA with vast arable land for agriculture (probably the largest) and enough manpower to cultivate it but ironically the most underdeveloped LGA in Enugu state. Uzouwani has been in the Shadow of Nsukka people who only use them to gain pity e.g adada state creation while they dominate the political offices with little or no gain for the area. Sullivan chime has also abandoned the claim of oil wells been explored by orient by the Igga town as Enugu was not represented at the recent meeting between Namadi sambo and the Governors of the disputing states which include Anambra and kogi states who were fully represented. The adarice farm settlement has also been abandoned.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by vivienbabe(f): 2:51pm On Sep 02, 2014
spyder880: 1. Igwe Edward Nnaji
2. C .C. Onoh
3. Akanu Ibiam
4. Sir Michael Okpara
5. Jim Nwobodo
6. Igwe Chime
7. Okwesilieze Nwodo
8. Ken Nnamani
9. Chimaroke Nnamani
10. Sullivan Chime
11. Ike Ekweremmadu

Who among these giants made the most important impact in Enugu development. Let's explore the contributions of our leaders. Good morning everyone grin

Umu nnem, this list is to say the least very clannish....too villagish. It is a list like this that enboldens ndi Yoruba to attempt to erase our own contributions na nnukwu obodo Nigeria bu Lagos. Enugu is not Awka, Owerri, Abakaliki or Umuahia. It has a history of metropolitan development spanning over 100 years. This city is to Eastern Nigerians what lagos is to Nigerians. Even the late Rt. Hon. Nnamdi Azikiwe who spent five years as the premier of Eastern region was not deemed a giant enough to be listed. What about Alhaji Altine who was a two time mayor of the city?
Ekene kwamu'nu. Udo diri unu.

6 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 2:27pm On Sep 03, 2014
My people my people grin

7 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 2:54pm On Sep 03, 2014
vivienbabe:

Umu nnem, this list is to say the least very clannish....too villagish. It is a list like this that enboldens ndi Yoruba to attempt to erase our own contributions na nnukwu obodo Nigeria bu Lagos. Enugu is not Awka, Owerri, Abakaliki or Umuahia. It has a history of metropolitan development spanning over 100 years. This city is to Eastern Nigerians what lagos is to Nigerians. Even the late Rt. Hon. Nnamdi Azikiwe who spent five years as the premier of Eastern region was not deemed a giant enough to be listed. What about Alhaji Altine who was a two time mayor of the city?
Ekene kwamu'nu. Udo diri unu.
My bad, that's why I asked this. Can't remember everything cheesy
spyder880:
If I did not put up the names of non performers, how could we appreciate the contributions of the performers.
Do you think there is any name I omitted among the greats?

3 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 3:16pm On Sep 03, 2014
Enugu will start exporting pineapples to Europe this year.

3 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 5:37pm On Sep 03, 2014
Entering Enugu from Ugwuaji, PH express road

9 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 5:40pm On Sep 03, 2014
The government is working, motor na agba n' enu na agba n' ana cheesy

11 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 5:43pm On Sep 03, 2014
Before meets after grin

10 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 5:48pm On Sep 03, 2014
Seems like the governor is going to disappoint us. grin He might not put those ugly concrete embankments along the sides of the road like he did at the Akwata coal camp road.

Flowers being planted here already

7 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 5:51pm On Sep 03, 2014
Before meets after again,

the rains cannot stop them from completing the construction of the road grin

8 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 5:57pm On Sep 03, 2014
We should probe Enugu government for doing too many construction projects, very un Nigerian grin

11 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by IGBOSON1: 6:15pm On Sep 03, 2014
Nice pics Spyder!

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by IGBOSON1: 6:19pm On Sep 03, 2014
spyder880: My people my people grin

^^^I think Rochas has copyrighted that.....you can't just say it anyhow you know!? smiley

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 6:24pm On Sep 03, 2014
But why was the ex-Deputy governor impeached for poultry farming? grin

Enugu adigo mma
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Afam4eva(m): 6:26pm On Sep 03, 2014
CFCfan: But why was the ex-Deputy governor impeached for poultry farming? grin

Enugu adigo mma
He was not sending chickens to the house of assembly members. You can't be rearing chickens in the government house and not let other government functionaries to have a taste if the chicken. It's wrong on many levels.

7 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 6:28pm On Sep 03, 2014
Afam4eva:
He was not sending chickens to the house of assembly members. You can't be rearing chickens in the government house and not let other government functionaries to have a taste if the chicken. It's wrong on many levels.

Double chei! cheesy
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 6:28pm On Sep 03, 2014
Afam4eva:
grin cheesy grin grin All the chickens they are sharing; diaris god oh
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 6:34pm On Sep 03, 2014
CFCfan:
grin cheesy grin grin All the chickens they are sharing; diaris god oh

And as the second lady of the state is stewing and frying the chickens, the aroma will be disturbing the proceedings in the government house. It is a contravention of state laws na cool

8 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 6:43pm On Sep 03, 2014
spyder880:

And as the second lady of the state is stewing and frying the chickens, the aroma will be disturbing the proceedings in the government house. It is a contravention of state laws na cool
Lolz. It may even be the dep.gov that cooked the chickens
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 7:46pm On Sep 03, 2014
Afam4eva:

Didn't know you have a good sense of humor

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by cjrane: 8:33pm On Sep 03, 2014
spyder880: Entering Enugu from Ugwuaji, PH express road

Thank you Sypder for the great pictures!
One hopes that the median being beautified isn't invaded with sign boards advertising one product or another.

I wish the Enugu state government will begin not just removing illegally placed sign boards which de-face the city. But will make such companies or even churches that advertise to pay a token charged for the removal of the illegally placed sign boards

Meanwhile God bless Governor Chime for doing world-class roads in Enugu.

7 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by backtosender: 10:30pm On Sep 03, 2014
spyder880: The government is working, motor na agba n' enu na agba n' ana cheesy
Enugu is fine no be small..

7 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by tandj: 9:09am On Sep 04, 2014

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 11:52am On Sep 04, 2014
tandj: Is there hope for the dualization of nth mile road to benue?
That road is not good as single lane.
I can't count how many times robbers blocked that road when I was a student around that area.
It wouldn't have been very bad had the road been a double lane.
And all those trucks occupying the little space is another story. Whenever accident happens there, its brutal.
During xmas, its worst
Any idea my people?

The Ugwuogo Nike-opi Nsukka road and Ugwuogo Nike-Neke-Ikem-Obollo roads were both supposed to provide alternatives to the Ninth mile -Benue federal road which we know that the federal government will never do.

Governor Sullivan Chime is a genius, instead of begging for federal government help, he provided better alternatives therby developing the interior villages and deepening Enugu town. Many kilometres of roads with quality construction.

10 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 12:04pm On Sep 04, 2014
Silent workaholic governor grin cheesy grin

I used to think this was a federal government project at new market area.

5 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Ozonna(m): 12:13pm On Sep 04, 2014
spyder880: We should probe Enugu government for doing too many construction projects, [/b]very un Nigerian[b] grin

Very correct. Some of his colleagues have either reduced or stopped all capital projects because they are in their final lap.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by IGBOSON1: 12:24pm On Sep 04, 2014
Ozonna:

Very correct. Some of his colleagues have either reduced or stopped all capital projects because they are in their final lap.

^^^And then there's his Abia colleague that never even left the starting blocks!

7 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Ozonna(m): 2:09pm On Sep 04, 2014
IGBOSON1:

^^^And then there's his Abia colleague that never even left the starting blocks!

cheesy cheesy cheesy

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (220) (221) (222) (223) (224) (225) (226) ... (697) (Reply)

Update on developments in Anambra state-photos / Few Pics From Imo State / Abubakar Shekau, Boko Haram Leader Speaks To BBC Hausa, Enjoys Killing People.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.