Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,902 members, 7,814,060 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 04:34 AM

Enugu, The Pride Of The East. - Politics (312) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Enugu, The Pride Of The East. (1781420 Views)

Nigerian Armed Forces, Pride Of West Africa. / Babangida’s Letter To Bola TINUBU, Does The Letter Expose The Pride Of IBB? / The First Mayor Of Enugu, The Most Politically Important Igbo City, Was A Fulani (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (309) (310) (311) (312) (313) (314) (315) ... (697) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 11:10pm On Nov 29, 2014
Uwani Enugu. ......

10 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by PROUDIGBO(m): 11:41pm On Nov 29, 2014
Nice job Spyder!

Again, could someone please tell whoever is responsible to trim the overgrowing grass in and around Enugu! It's so annoying when you see a place that could have looked presentable, but for the unkempt grass verges, open green spaces and roundabouts!

Those motorized road sweepers purchased about two years ago; they would have helped a lot in reducing the dusty/brown look the sides of some roads in Enugu presently have!

The last set of pics on Ngwo park could have looked like any place in Europe if the local gov't were alive to their responsibilities and trimmed the grassy road sides regularly, as well as ensure the entire park was well maintained and watered at all times (like millennium park in Abuja)!

It's so annoying that one has to complain and beg before these basics in urban planning and administration are taken care of!....We don't expect the Governor to be everywhere and oversee every little detail in sanitation and aesthetics do we!? sad

4 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by biafrandream: 11:55pm On Nov 29, 2014
spyder880:

Port Harcourt beats Enugu 10:2 on the traffic jam scale. I work and live in the two cities so I tell you better. cheesy

Tnx Spyyger, I love it when people argue with first hand knowledge, not hearsay. PH hold up is grueling and cannot be compared to that of Enugu.

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by biafrandream: 12:03am On Nov 30, 2014
[quote author=Unemadu post=28457766]The road is wide enough, why not at least build side walks for pedestrians

Please where do you build side walks when all manner of shops are erected indiscriminately on every available space. If the government moves against those shops now, come and see anger and cursing from the public. They will remind you that they ran home from Ugwuawusa and now they are been chased away again.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by cjrane: 12:10am On Nov 30, 2014
spyder880:
Robinson street junction just got a new traffic light to control vehicles automatically.
Nnaa mehnnn!

See traffic lights inside Uwani!!!

Only Abuja can boast of having traffic lights in a place like Uwani in Naija!

If to say i be girl, I for marry Sullivan Chime FREE OF CHARGE!

The man truly has the interest of a modern Enugu at heart!

13 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by biafrandream: 12:16am On Nov 30, 2014
spyder880:
Still as cool as before, but the pitch is now bald, nobody wants to grass it anymore.

Just tell me what on earth is the job of local government council, if not to collect salary they did not work for. This is one of the oldest surviving parks in Enugu and deserves every attention it can get before the next governor descends on it like the erstwhile zoo. It will be great to see it renovated, since all the roads around it have been asphalted.

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by biafrandream: 12:19am On Nov 30, 2014
cjrane:

Nnaa mehnnn!

Abuja traffic lights do not work sometimes. Enugu has the most effective and efficient traffic lights in Nigeria. Enugu traffic lights are not for decoration.grin grin grin

4 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by biafrandream: 12:25am On Nov 30, 2014
all4naija:
What is that in the image? It hurts my eyes badly! Jeez! angry angry angry angry angry lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed cry cry cry cry

You must be hurting now, seeing how clean Enugu Streets are. Sorry my bro. grin grin grin grin grin

5 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 12:45am On Nov 30, 2014
cjrane:

Nnaa mehnnn!

Don't worry, Chime will be elected to the Senate on the platform of APGA

6 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by cjrane: 12:55am On Nov 30, 2014
spyder880:
But the real place I wanted to relax was at Ngwo park, near the football field. We used to come play soccer here as kids.......

Nnaa Spyder, You are killing me with fond memories o!

I wish they can upgrade Ngwo park to a place families can bring kids to play and relax.We need to develop these public parks a little to reach what is obtainable even in South Africa.
We should have some concrete or iron chairs in the park and a small children playground with janglova(Swing) grin grin grin

[size=14pt]Enugu buzikwa obodo oyibo oooo![/size]

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 12:56am On Nov 30, 2014
@spyder880: How many residents is the Lifestyle City designed for?
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 1:04am On Nov 30, 2014
Speaking of the idea of a "Diplomatic avenue", the governments of the US, UK, China, South Africa, and UAE could each contribute 15% of the construction cost; whilst ENSG provides 25%.

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 3:52am On Nov 30, 2014
biafrandream:

Abuja traffic lights do not work sometimes. Enugu has the most effective and efficient traffic lights in Nigeria. Enugu traffic lights are not for decoration.grin grin grin

Seconded! Enugu rules in functional traffic lights and proper road markings in Nigeria; with a huge margin over others!

9 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 4:09am On Nov 30, 2014
CFCfan:
@spyder880: How many residents is the Lifestyle City designed for?

I will find out later.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by mufutau55(m): 4:24am On Nov 30, 2014
spyder880:
Ohafia street, Boardman street,

Oga Spyder.. Off-Topic here...
I have been meaning to ask, see those old buildings with their zinc roofs turned brown (rusted).... can the latest Aluminium roofings also turned colour or get rusted like that? Thanks.

Hajji M.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 4:34am On Nov 30, 2014
mufutau55:

Oga Spyder.. Off-Topic here...
I have been meaning to ask, see those old buildings with their zinc roofs turned brown (rusted).... can the latest Aluminium roofings also turned colour or get rusted like that? Thanks.

Hajji M.

No I dont think so, those brown roofs are galvanised steel products which are made from corrosive materials. They have lasted for over 80 years at least. But aluminium roofs does not contain corrosive components and can only change colour by fading, not turning brown. This is why its popular in the market now.

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 4:37am On Nov 30, 2014
More of Uwani Enugu. .

8 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 4:39am On Nov 30, 2014
What are these kids doing? grin

9 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by mufutau55(m): 4:42am On Nov 30, 2014
spyder880:

No I dont think so, those brown roofs are galvanised steel products which are made from corrosive materials. They have lasted for over 80 years at least. But aluminium roofs does not contain corrosive components and can only change colour by fading, not turning brown. This is why its popular in the market now.

Thank you Sir. That is why you are the Oga.

Hajji M.

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 4:42am On Nov 30, 2014
And before I could move, this boy darted in front of my car and was roller skating backwards with good speed on the cool back streets of Uwani Enugu cheesy cheesy grin

9 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 4:46am On Nov 30, 2014
He is still moving back with speed, but you can't blame them, they have to enjoy their democracy dividends now grin

4 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 4:48am On Nov 30, 2014
Some more streets from Uwani Enugu.

8 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 4:50am On Nov 30, 2014
Back into the busy Ziks avenue roads. .....

8 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 4:51am On Nov 30, 2014
I will be making my way to Agbani road soon..........

9 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nedu09(m): 8:48am On Nov 30, 2014
My tour at Liberty Estate.. I was astonished with what I saw...... it wasn't like 9ja. if this type of Edifice is in some of our eastern state now come see chest beaters and person no go hear word. chime is a silent achiever. A1 for you..

7 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nedu09(m): 9:02am On Nov 30, 2014
what is wrong with this NL stuff ? I find it so difficult to get this loads of pix up here.... mtsww

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Afam4eva(m): 9:04am On Nov 30, 2014
Nedu09:
what is wrong with this NL stuff ? I find it so difficult to get this loads of pix up here.... mtsww
Keep trying.

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 9:58am On Nov 30, 2014
Nedu09:
My tour at Liberty Estate.. I was astonished with what I saw...... it wasn't like 9ja. if this type of Edifice is in some of our eastern state now come see chest beaters and person no go hear word. chime is a silent achiever. A1 for you..

Liberty estate Enugu is da bomb. I will go there soon. Enugu is growing fast.

3 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nedu09(m): 10:38am On Nov 30, 2014
spyder880:

Liberty estate Enugu is da bomb. I will go there soon. Enugu is growing fast.

I tells you.... I have a nice shots here. how can I forward it to you.... to save you the stress..... I presume my pix MB size is large that why it couldn't upload.....

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 11:08am On Nov 30, 2014
Nedu09:

I tells you.... I have a nice shots here. how can I forward it to you.... to save you the stress..... I presume my pix MB size is large that why it couldn't upload.....

For me resize, I have to get home to my Pc where I have the software, but try to manipulate your device, there is always a way to resize pictures.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 11:08am On Nov 30, 2014
Agbani road Enugu, near Cimac clinics.

3 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 11:09am On Nov 30, 2014
Down to Roban stores Agbani road Enugu.

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (309) (310) (311) (312) (313) (314) (315) ... (697) (Reply)

Update on developments in Anambra state-photos / Few Pics From Imo State / Abubakar Shekau, Boko Haram Leader Speaks To BBC Hausa, Enjoys Killing People.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.