Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,231 members, 7,836,112 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 08:57 PM

Enugu, The Pride Of The East. - Politics (313) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Enugu, The Pride Of The East. (1793859 Views)

Nigerian Armed Forces, Pride Of West Africa. / Babangida’s Letter To Bola TINUBU, Does The Letter Expose The Pride Of IBB? / The First Mayor Of Enugu, The Most Politically Important Igbo City, Was A Fulani (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (310) (311) (312) (313) (314) (315) (316) ... (702) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Handsomegod(m): 11:45am On Nov 30, 2014
spyder880:
Agbani road Enugu, near Cimac clinics.
Kai! See how sand sand is threatening this costly+perfectly designed roads.PLease anybody with ESWAMA's website or contacts? @Spyder help us out here.We will calll them intermitently and continiously both from home and abroad! That aone willl telll them say the matter don pass play play and I mean it! Please someone help! To think that this is what obtains in the entire city!!! Gosh!!. They can privatise this function to make it more effective. There is a company called akiota works.I recalled they were in charge of unn cleaning and clearing of dirt and they did a good job at it while I was still in school.am sure there are more of such outfits that can help out here.Come on,these are global best practises and Enugu must continue blazing the trail. Merry Xmas umunne!

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by PROUDIGBO(m): 12:12pm On Nov 30, 2014
Handsomegod:
Kai! See how sand sand is threatening this costly+perfectly designed roads.PLease anybody with ESWAMA's website or contacts? @Spyder help us out here.We will calll them intermitently and continiously both from home and abroad! That aone willl telll them say the matter don pass play play and I mean it! Please someone help! To think that this is what obtains in the entire city!!! Gosh!!. They can privatise this function to make it more effective. There is a company called akiota works.I recalled they were in charge of unn cleaning and clearing of dirt and they did a good job at it while I was still in school.am sure there are more of such outfits that can help out here.Come on,these are global best practises and Enugu must continue blazing the trail. Merry Xmas umunne!

^^^ESWAMA is starting to fuc/k up!

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by PROUDIGBO(m): 12:22pm On Nov 30, 2014
spyder880:
And before I could move, this boy darted in front of my car and was roller skating backwards with good speed on the cool back streets of Uwani Enugu cheesy cheesy grin

^^^Methinks the little Tiger saw you watching his friend/brother having a difficult moment standing upright with his skates on, and wanted to show-off a little to prove to you that they're dons and capones in da skating game!

But on a more serious note, this is why we need large well maintained parks.....with facilities provided for different kinds of relaxation/fun activities and ages groups! A child skating on the main road at such high speed can be very dangerous....what with the speeding maniacs we have driving on our roads nowadays!

3 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by chekasforchekas: 12:38pm On Nov 30, 2014
spyder880:
Enugu is a class society just like many cities. There is the rich man zone, the middle class zone, the poor people sections (shanties)

If you are very rich in Enugu, we expect you to live at Independence layout, or old GRA, please dont let us catch you in Obiagu or Abakpa cheesy what we have in this part of town are mainly large private compounds, well fed and healthy looking security men with fat dogs.

New Haven, Trans Ekulu are also for the rich, lower class rich.

The middle class are very comfortable in Achara layout, Uwani. They occupy those flats and self contains there.

The Ajegunle of Enugu is in Abakpa Nike, Obiagu is an urban jungle, Coal camp with their mud houses and neatly arranged streets done by the colonialists mining coal in the 1910-1920s.

We sabi ourselves, just fit into where you belong.
thanks God to my papa, reping Trans Ekulu till infinito.

3 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by ChimaAdeoye: 1:58pm On Nov 30, 2014
Handsomegod:

Absolutely!

I wonder if streets beautification with flowers and street sweeping can be contracted out to a private firm?
Those new roads should be well maintained and swept.

3 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by ChimaAdeoye: 2:00pm On Nov 30, 2014
spyder880:
Uwani Enugu. ......
Spyder and others,
Thank you for your efforts in this thread o!.
I was pleasantly surprised at the rich content going through the pages!
You guys are doing an awesome job. Keep it up!!!

4 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by biafrandream: 8:59pm On Nov 30, 2014
I think Liberty Estate is the best in Enugu. I went there in March and I marvelled. Once you step in there, it gives a unique feeling and even the temperature inside that place is different from every other place. When I went there i wondered whether that was Enugu or somewhere across the ocean. If i have my way, i will convert all the old commissioners' quarters at GRA and Independence Layout, into high brow estates, similar to zoo and Liberty.

Nedu09:
My tour at Liberty Estate.. I was astonished with what I saw...... it wasn't like 9ja. if this type of Edifice is in some of our eastern state now come see chest beaters and person no go hear word. chime is a silent achiever. A1 for you..
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 10:00pm On Nov 30, 2014
biafrandream:
I think Liberty Estate is the best in Enugu. I went there in March and I marvelled. Once you step in there, it gives a unique feeling and even the temperature inside that place is different from every other place. When I went there i wondered whether that was Enugu or somewhere across the ocean. If i have my way, i will convert all the old commissioners' quarters at GRA and Independence Layout, into high brow estates, similar to zoo and Liberty.

Do you mean to tell me that Liberty estate is more beautiful than the picture of Zoo estate below? Then we are now the London of Nigeria grin

5 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by PROUDIGBO(m): 10:10pm On Nov 30, 2014
Anyone with pics of this Liberty Estate?......Or has Spyder posted some already?

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 10:15pm On Nov 30, 2014
PROUDIGBO:
Anyone with pics of this Liberty Estate?......Or has Spyder posted some already?

I will visit the place by this weekend, trust me. cheesy
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 1:09am On Dec 01, 2014
angry angry angry angry lipsrsealed cry cry cry cry cry
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 12:34pm On Dec 01, 2014
Obioma street junction of Agbani road Enugu.

8 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 12:37pm On Dec 01, 2014
From Ozalla Nkanu 4 corner junction on the road to Udi.

5 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 12:39pm On Dec 01, 2014
Serene....... well marked roads through thick jungles. .......

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 12:44pm On Dec 01, 2014
No we dont allow heavy duty trucks to pass this new road, so we placed this road block.

5 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 5:07pm On Dec 01, 2014
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by makazona(m): 5:33pm On Dec 01, 2014
Afam4eva:
I'll love to own one of those homes. I want to have one house in Enugu town and another in my village(Amaechi Awkunanaw)

i alws knew u are an Awkunanaw man.same as me
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by biafrandream: 7:15pm On Dec 01, 2014
zoo estate is great but I think the Rangers training ground made Liberty more sexier. Honestly I love that place.

spyder880:

Do you mean to tell me that Liberty estate is more beautiful than the picture of Zoo estate below? Then we are now the London of Nigeria grin
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by slimthugchimee(m): 3:21pm On Dec 02, 2014
It seems like people have started occupying liberty estate including foreigners I see vehicles coming out of there and going in whenever I pass there. Liberty estate phase 2 is also under construction, a beg who knows the name of the estate being built in agbani road near new Roban mall

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 3:50pm On Dec 02, 2014
slimthugchimee:
It seems like people have started occupying liberty estate including foreigners I see vehicles coming out of there and going in whenever I pass there. Liberty estate phase 2 is also under construction, a beg who knows the name of the estate being built in agbani road near new Roban mall

Enugu! I will not exchange here for even New York cheesy grin

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 9:53pm On Dec 02, 2014
A street market in Enugu. ...

4 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 2:28am On Dec 03, 2014
spyder880:
A street market in Enugu. ...

www.nairaland.com/attachments/1910572_20140321131257_jpeg68cc1ab4169d9d7fc15ca8b7665ee140
What! Is that image even real?! Smelling place! Bleh! angry angry angry angry angry angry lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed cry cry cry cry cry

3 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 1:04pm On Dec 03, 2014
Enugu Crisis: Chime, Ekweremadu Sheath Swords, Unite for PDP Primaries
02 Dec 2014

Christopher Isiguzo in Enugu

Governor Sullivan Chime of Enugu State and the Deputy Senate President, Ike Ekweremadu, may have “technically” resolved their differences which threatened the foundation of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) in the state.

The duo had last weekend mobilised their supporters for a peaceful and successful conduct of the party’s House of Assembly primaries, and have equally declared their readiness to sustain the peace process in order to unite the party ahead of the 2015 general election.

THISDAY checks revealed that loyalists of the two leaders had positioned themselves for a possible showdown ahead of the primaries, but the intervention of President Goodluck Jonathan yielded positive results culminating in the two factions sharing available positions.

It was gathered that the two leaders had agreed to make sacrifices with a view to ensuring that the party emerges stronger after the primaries from state assembly to the governorship which is billed for December 8.

A source close to the two leaders said, “I can tell you authoritatively that the crisis in Enugu PDP has been resolved. Have you heard of any problem since Saturday when we had the House of Assembly primaries? It is going to continue until we are through with all the primaries. Remember, it’s a family issue and we resolved it.”

The source who preferred anonymity said the major issues that led to the crisis which mostly centred on the Enugu-West senatorial ticket as well as the party’s chairmanship position had been addressed, noting that before long, the details of the peace process would be unveiled to the public.

Meanwhile, one of the party’s governorship aspirants, Onu, said his meeting with various stakeholders was part of his ongoing engagement process with the people of the state towards the development of an acceptable and enriched programme for the state.

“Believing in the strength of consultation and proactive engagement of the electorate, Onu wishes to present his governance agenda for the state with the goal of eliciting public views, critique, comments, ideas and advice.

“In the first edition of the compilation under the title -The Courage to Dare: Enugu Beyound 2015, Chinedu set out his vision for Enugu State beyond 2015 and was firm in his belief that the posterity of the state requires full engagement and collaboration with the electorate and that, in our current stage of development, our leaders must demonstrate courage to dare the hurdles militating against the collective progress of our society,” the statement noted.

It further disclosed that the work, which is still in consultative edition, is arranged into five chapters and covers his governance mindset, social service and welfare programmes, economic agenda and contribution authored by other individuals in support of his programmes.

The aspirant expressed hope that the presentation will set in motion further collab

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/enugu-crisis-chime-ekweremadu-sheath-swords-unite-for-pdp-primaries/195565/

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Schematics: 4:10pm On Dec 03, 2014
After Sabmiller wowed Onitsha, its Enugu's turn to be wowed. Deme nu.. cheesy

ENUGU ARE YOU READY?
The Hero Regional Fiesta 2 is back, and we are storming Enugu this Friday. It's going to be LIVE!!!!

Artistes: Terry G, Slow Dog, Sim 19, Slim Joe and several other notable artistes.
Venue: Villa Toscan, Enugu
Time : 6:00 pm till Mama calls
Gate Fee: Free

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 5:49pm On Dec 03, 2014
Schematics:
After Sabmiller wowed Onitsha, its Enugu's turn to be wowed. Deme nu.. cheesy

ENUGU ARE YOU READY?
The Hero Regional Fiesta 2 is back, and we are storming Enugu this Friday. It's going to be LIVE!!!!

Artistes: Terry G, Slow Dog, Sim 19, Slim Joe and several other notable artistes.
Venue: Villa Toscan, Enugu
Time : 6:00 pm till Mama calls
Gate Fee: Free

We are ready as usual, Villa de la Toscana grin ebe if nine n' eme live!

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 5:51pm On Dec 03, 2014
centje:
Enugu Crisis: Chime, Ekweremadu Sheath Swords, Unite for PDP Primaries
02 Dec 2014

Christopher Isiguzo in Enugu

Governor Sullivan Chime of Enugu State and the Deputy Senate President, Ike Ekweremadu, may have “technically” resolved their differences which threatened the foundation of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) in the state.

The duo had last weekend mobilised their supporters for a peaceful and successful conduct of the party’s House of Assembly primaries, and have equally declared their readiness to sustain the peace process in order to unite the party ahead of the 2015 general election.

THISDAY checks revealed that loyalists of the two leaders had positioned themselves for a possible showdown ahead of the primaries, but the intervention of President Goodluck Jonathan yielded positive results culminating in the two factions sharing available positions.

It was gathered that the two leaders had agreed to make sacrifices with a view to ensuring that the party emerges stronger after the primaries from state assembly to the governorship which is billed for December 8.

A source close to the two leaders said, “I can tell you authoritatively that the crisis in Enugu PDP has been resolved. Have you heard of any problem since Saturday when we had the House of Assembly primaries? It is going to continue until we are through with all the primaries. Remember, it’s a family issue and we resolved it.”

The source who preferred anonymity said the major issues that led to the crisis which mostly centred on the Enugu-West senatorial ticket as well as the party’s chairmanship position had been addressed, noting that before long, the details of the peace process would be unveiled to the public.

Meanwhile, one of the party’s governorship aspirants, Onu, said his meeting with various stakeholders was part of his ongoing engagement process with the people of the state towards the development of an acceptable and enriched programme for the state.

“Believing in the strength of consultation and proactive engagement of the electorate, Onu wishes to present his governance agenda for the state with the goal of eliciting public views, critique, comments, ideas and advice.

“In the first edition of the compilation under the title -The Courage to Dare: Enugu Beyound 2015, Chinedu set out his vision for Enugu State beyond 2015 and was firm in his belief that the posterity of the state requires full engagement and collaboration with the electorate and that, in our current stage of development, our leaders must demonstrate courage to dare the hurdles militating against the collective progress of our society,” the statement noted.

It further disclosed that the work, which is still in consultative edition, is arranged into five chapters and covers his governance mindset, social service and welfare programmes, economic agenda and contribution authored by other individuals in support of his programmes.

The aspirant expressed hope that the presentation will set in motion further collab

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/enugu-crisis-chime-ekweremadu-sheath-swords-unite-for-pdp-primaries/195565/

I am not surprised, political maturity is our major attribute in Enugu state.

7 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by biafrandream: 8:08pm On Dec 03, 2014
spyder880:

I am not surprised, political maturity is our major attribute in Enugu state.

Spydder, the very day I sat one on one with Sullivan in his office, when he was the AG under Chimaoke's administration, I knew I met a special kind of person. I told some people few years ago that the Sullivan I know, would give up anything including his political ambition for the good of the state. Mark my word, after Sullivan, there may not be one like him in the next 50-100 years in Enugu State. If we get one soon, then we are lucky. The sacrifices Sullivan has made, how many Igbo men would make it in today's generation?

3 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by chidekings(m): 6:32am On Dec 04, 2014
biafrandream:

Spydder, the very day I sat one on one with Sullivan in his office, when he was the AG under Chimaoke's administration, I knew I met a special kind of person. I told some people few years ago that the Sullivan I know, would give up anything including his political ambition for the good of the state. Mark my word, after Sullivan, there may not be one like him in the next 50-100 years in Enugu State. If we get one soon, then we are lucky. The sacrifices Sullivan has made, how many Igbo men would make it in today's generation?

even the devil's knows, i over love ur comment

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 7:02am On Dec 04, 2014
biafrandream:

The governor surprised us all, I never liked him in the early days, but it took me two short years to change my mind completely, and people were telling me he will slow down after some years, but the man has been working from the first blast of the whistle till today. None of his projects are abandoned.

The one that really excited me was industrial peace and harmony. The way every government and non governmental organisations have been working together towards one goal. I don't know how he does it but the state experienced some massive growth in in the last ten years or so. He did all these without beating his chest or taking himself to be one "messiah" or the other.

If I were to be Sullivan, I will make sure not to soil my name now, if the power brokers want to hijack power, he should quietly step aside with his good name. He has not been poor all his life so there should not be any desperation on his part. I will hate to hear that he "landed on the ground like a woman, having leapt up highly like a man" grin (Igbo proverb)

4 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 7:53am On Dec 04, 2014
New Haven, Enugu.

4 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 8:25am On Dec 04, 2014

3 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 8:41am On Dec 04, 2014
If I were you, I will be buying more and more lands in Enugu now cheesy

https://www.nairaland.com/1830688/tigerkenn-homes-property-development-initiative/7

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (310) (311) (312) (313) (314) (315) (316) ... (702) (Reply)

Update on developments in Anambra state-photos / Few Pics From Imo State / Abubakar Shekau, Boko Haram Leader Speaks To BBC Hausa, Enjoys Killing People.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.