Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,079 members, 7,863,796 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 06:38 AM

Enugu, The Pride Of The East. - Politics (317) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Enugu, The Pride Of The East. (1808164 Views)

Nigerian Armed Forces, Pride Of West Africa. / Babangida’s Letter To Bola TINUBU, Does The Letter Expose The Pride Of IBB? / The First Mayor Of Enugu, The Most Politically Important Igbo City, Was A Fulani (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (314) (315) (316) (317) (318) (319) (320) ... (707) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by slimthugchimee(m): 8:48am On Dec 06, 2014
Don't worry I will soon go and get the pictures to satisfy the doubting thomas
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 8:49am On Dec 06, 2014
mej67:

Shaaaraaaap there!!!! If they tell you, you believe. If they spew out, you swallow. Tell me where else in Enugu, Solar tech is working. And did they also tell you it is maintenance free?

MAINTENANCE! That is the magic word which Nigeria lacks. Thank god it is happening in Enugu here under our very noses.

3 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by mej67: 8:50am On Dec 06, 2014
spyder880:

My brother, I think you are wrong on this. The army of people you are talking about has not done any good controlling traffic in the few places they have been left to man. I will reply you with examples and if you insist, I will make a short video of two junctions, one will be Ogui road junction near the stadium where traffic lights control and Nowas junction of Trans Ekulu where humans control.

Humans are fraught with errors, and pure wickedness. I have had series of brushes with these thieves employed by Enugu east LGA till they noted me and now they dare not touch my car. They are always asking for bribes and can impound your car without any reason and make you to pay hefty sums. They are the judge and jury. Please dont support touting in Enugu state. It leaves a sour taste in the mouth.

How much training was given to those hungry local council converted just-yesterday-thugs? Abuja uses more traffic wardens than any city in Nigeria. Truth: fanciful traffic light is luxury for Enugu State where nothing happens economically except money from Abuja. Its not your Agriculture, its not industry, just civl service -administration. Administering what -small share of oil proceed allocated to Enugu. Where is your coal oh coal city State?

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by signz: 8:52am On Dec 06, 2014
mej67:

If the brain was attached to the head, those are jobs being taking away and food snatched from families. If the aim was to control traffic at every intersect in Enugu city, our current state of economy would have directed us to employ hands -a special squad of roads marshals paid minimally N19- N30,000 permonth.

Right now, apart from initial capital outlay, [/b]the recurrent costs of energy and maintenance[b] is a minus. But if I dare say that, those whose contract it is will descend on me. Fanciful decoration of Enugu Centre when unemployment is killing the youths and women of Enugu State is close to a mortal sin.

Someone with an electrical/electronic skill will be employed to do the maintenance of the traffic light. Someone will be given the contract to fuel the generating sets and that person will employ boys to do the jobs. The tankers or trucks used in fueling the generators will need a guy with mechanic skills to fix it.The generator will definetly develop problems and someone with a mechanical skill will be employed to fix the set.

What I'm trying to say is that instead of encouraging people to be road marshals, our people should be encouraged to get skills. With skills your chances of getting employed will be greater.

4 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by mej67: 8:53am On Dec 06, 2014
spyder880:

MAINTENANCE! That is the magic word which Nigeria lacks. Thank god it is happening in Enugu here under our very noses.

Let Enugu demonstrate capacity for maintenance by keeping the shinny hand railings of 82Div, akwata and others neat. The road studs are pulling off, the Nike - Opi road is failing (was there yesterday), Toscana-court road has a huge gully at the centre of the road. Let me stop there

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Unemadu: 8:53am On Dec 06, 2014
mej67:

How much training was given to those hungry local council converted just-yesterday-thugs? Abuja uses more traffic wardens than any city in Nigeria. Truth: fanciful traffic light is luxury for Enugu State where nothing happens economically except money from Abuja. Its not your Agriculture, its not industry, just civl service -administration. Administering what -small share of oil proceed allocated to Enugu. Where is your coal oh coal city State?

So Enugu should mine coal that belongs to the federal govt? U are not very smart.

4 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 8:54am On Dec 06, 2014
mej67:

They are just touts, training a pig to become a human has never worked. Forget where the money is coming from, the state is working as at today. So if you know what is good for us, find a good replacement for Chime so we can continue the growth of this great state.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Unemadu: 8:55am On Dec 06, 2014
signz:

Someone with an electrical/electronic skill will be employed to do the maintenance of the traffic light. Someone will be given the contract to fuel the generating sets and that person will employ boys to do the jobs. The tankers or trucks used in fueling the generators will need a guy with mechanic skills to fix it.The generator will definetly develop problems and someone with a mechanical skill will be employed to fix the set.

What I'm trying to say is that instead of encouraging people to be road marshals, our people should be encouraged to get skills. With skills your chances of getting employed will be greater.

I just told him hes too old school grin

3 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by mej67: 8:56am On Dec 06, 2014
signz:

Crawl b4 you run. That's the message not that automation is bad for entire humanity. Wake up, its 8.55
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 8:56am On Dec 06, 2014
mej67:

Let Enugu demonstrate capacity for maintenance by keeping the shinny hand railings of 82Div, akwata and others neat. The road studs are pulling off, the Nike - Opi road is failing (was there yesterday), Toscana-court road has a huge gully at the centre of the road. Let me stop there

Maybe you are new in Enugu. Anyway welcome sir.

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 8:57am On Dec 06, 2014
mej67:

Crawl b4 you run. That's the message not that automation is bad for entire humanity. Wake up, its 8.55

We are already running with good speed sef cheesy Why are you telling us to go back to crawling again?

4 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 8:59am On Dec 06, 2014
Going to Liberty estate. ......

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by mej67: 8:59am On Dec 06, 2014
spyder880:

They are just touts, training a pig to become a human has never worked. Forget where the money is coming from, the state is working as at today. So if you know what is good for us, find a good replacement for Chime so we can continue the growth of this great state.

"The State is working as of today" -in Enugu metropolis where you probably live, not in the 375 autonomous communities

"They are just touts, training a pig to become a human has never worked" - they are humans, first of all. drop that analogy, it is wicked

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by signz: 9:02am On Dec 06, 2014
mej67:

So learning how to be an electrician or mechanic is now alien science in this 21st century bah? Common you are better than this

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nedu09(m): 9:05am On Dec 06, 2014
slimthugchimee:
No you are wrong that is why chime thinks very well, Enugu's street lights all use solar energy, sounder try to also get pictures of the solar pan there

No! I don't think so. the street lights are power by diesel not solar panel. only the traffic light is powered by solar.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 9:05am On Dec 06, 2014
mej67:

"The State is working as of today" -in Enugu metropolis where you probably live, not in the 375 autonomous communities

"They are just touts, training a pig to become a human has never worked" - they are humans, first of all. drop that analogy, it is wicked

Drop which analogy? They are wicked and very very wicked. I have told them this in their face . They made a poor taxi driver shed tears in front of me, the man cried like a baby. I nearly cried too. They impounded this mans car for doing nothing, I decided to go with them and plead with them on his behalf, they insisted that unless I paid N5000 they will seize the car for two months. They deflated all the four tyres in my very presence, and the taxi driver cried.

What sort of wickedness is this, where is our hearts, human beings are desperately wicked! Let me repeat again for the sake of emphasis, those touts are less than pigs.

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by mej67: 9:08am On Dec 06, 2014
spyder880:

We are already running with good speed sef cheesy Why are you telling us to go back to crawling again?

Opium wahala. Oil price drops a few notch and exchange rate collapses. Net year, no salary for your public servants and you know you are not even a dot in the global economic map.

Deceive yourself thinking you have arrived. That is the gift of Chime -Fancy, no depth

Do you have an economy? lets start from there. That will decide if you are running or flying or crawling, or just descending into the abyss
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Unemadu: 9:09am On Dec 06, 2014
spyder880:

Drop which analogy? They are wicked and very very wicked. I have told them this in their face . They made a poor taxi driver shed tears in front of me, the man cried like a baby. I nearly cried too. They impounded this mans car for doing nothing, I decided to go with them and plead with them on his behalf, they insisted that unless I paid N5000 they will seize the car for two months. They deflated all the four tyres in my very presence, and the taxi driver cried.

What sort of wickedness is this, where is our hearts, human beings are desperately wicked!

Mej and his wicked brother otil wants a return to Anarchy. They thrive in that environment being the politicians/politician as.s lickers they are
cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 9:11am On Dec 06, 2014
mej67:

Opium wahala. Oil price drops a few notch and exchange rate collapses. Net year, no salary for your public servants and you know you are not even a dot in the global economic map.

Deceive yourself thinking you have arrived. That is the gift of Chime -Fancy, no depth

Do you have an economy? lets start from there. That will decide if you are running or flying or crawling, or just descending into the abyss

The exchange rate collapsed in the whole nation and its not Chime fault. No salary next year and you are advocating for the employment of an army of youths? Where is the wisdom in that?

If Enugu does not have an economy and doing so fine, then we dont need economics in this country.

3 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by mej67: 9:11am On Dec 06, 2014
spyder880:

What sort of wickedness is this, where is our hearts, human beings are desperately wicked! Let me repeat again for the sake of emphasis, those touts are less than pigs.

Bros, we are saying the same thing.

Spyder likes to show off pictures of paved roads of main thoroughfares, not really streets where people live.

You tell me things are working and such examples as you have stated above are being meted on poor hapless souls in Enugu by commissioned agents of government. Didn't ESWAMA staff kill a little innocent boy the other day for heloping him mum to throw away refuse?

And we are flying
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by mej67: 9:12am On Dec 06, 2014
Unemadu:

Mej and his wicked brother otil wants a return to Anarchy. They thrive in that environment being the politicians/politician as.s lickers they are
cheesy

I don't see your point pls
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Unemadu: 9:14am On Dec 06, 2014
mej67:

I don't see your point pls

My point is that u are anti progress. Get it?

Say hi to your evil partner otil grin

3 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 9:16am On Dec 06, 2014
The traffic lights at the front of Liberty estate, very new. See as we are waiting for the red light to change in an orderly fashion, if it were to be touts. ...... wahala......

6 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 9:18am On Dec 06, 2014
And the solar panels in front of the estate. ......

4 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by mej67: 9:28am On Dec 06, 2014
Unemadu:

My point is that u are anti progress. Get it?

Say hi to your evil partner otil grin

No I am not. Truly. I am for progress true. I am against deceit and that is where we usually have a departure.

Can you imagine Spyder880 admiting here that even though major thoroughfares are paved, and street lights cum traffic lights effizzy, that same government condons horrible attrocities.

That is how shallow what they are doing is. It is not for you, it is not for me. It is the contracts that is the no.1 motive.

Rural development is hard work. Agriculture take a long time. Supply and installation of traffic light in every door step is quick cash. Awarding contract to Arab and collecting cool 12.5% kickback is great deal (meanwhile they over-invoice by 80% -dunces in power.).

That's it Unemad. How will spit out sweet and succulent beat put in his mouth? Of course, I wish for true progress. That is why I am complaining

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 9:43am On Dec 06, 2014
Welcome to Liberty estate Enugu.

4 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 9:45am On Dec 06, 2014
Enjoy. .......

4 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 9:47am On Dec 06, 2014
The environment is top class.

3 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 9:50am On Dec 06, 2014
Lots of fancy buildings. .......

4 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by mej67: 9:51am On Dec 06, 2014
Unemad, I am also mindful of the great news that the effort of current government to beautify Enugu City centre has yielded the desired result: https://www.nairaland.com/2031155/enugu-makes-history-joins-worlds.

Enugu Makes History, Joins World’s 100 Resilient Cities

Bravo! Quite an honour and reward fro our small Enugu. The Prestige is Good.
Put in context, please see where it really lands us "The other three African cities that made the list alongside the Coal City of Enugu are Kigali (Rwanda), Accra (Ghana) and Arusha (Tanzania)".

Tell me if these are the cities you plan to relocate to soon with your family. Before long, everybody will be jollificating that Enugu joins global league. Africans are notorious for not knowing when the whiteman throws an insult at him. He even laugh louder and more excitedly.

Sub-Saharan Africa is cursed because of attitude of its leaders -ego, misplacement of priorities. No selflessness, no service, no interest in their people.

Let's come home. Bros, Enugu has now seen the brightest seven years of its recent history (since it chose to depend on crude oil), and the windfall was spend painting and paving Enugu City centre. What else, Unemad

Now, this is the true test of depth. Oputara okpogho ole? Gbupu aso biko! What a waste of opportunity.

How does that elitist crest on the head gear of Enugu regime improve the condition of ordinary Enuguites, especially the over60% of 3.7miilion left the languish in the hinterlands that lacks basic amenities. Its all rubbish.

Let me engage you in a small exercise:
-make a listing of the top 5 issue facing an Enugu man and lets compare notes.

Then we come back to see what what has been done by Chime government has done in addressing those issues.

Don't run away pls
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 9:53am On Dec 06, 2014
United States of Enugu grin cheesy

5 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 9:56am On Dec 06, 2014
Let's see more. .....

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (314) (315) (316) (317) (318) (319) (320) ... (707) (Reply)

Update on developments in Anambra state-photos / Few Pics From Imo State / Abubakar Shekau, Boko Haram Leader Speaks To BBC Hausa, Enjoys Killing People.

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.