Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,907 members, 7,841,421 topics. Date: Monday, 27 May 2024 at 09:21 AM

Enugu, The Pride Of The East. - Politics (332) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Enugu, The Pride Of The East. (1797446 Views)

Nigerian Armed Forces, Pride Of West Africa. / Babangida’s Letter To Bola TINUBU, Does The Letter Expose The Pride Of IBB? / The First Mayor Of Enugu, The Most Politically Important Igbo City, Was A Fulani (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (329) (330) (331) (332) (333) (334) (335) ... (705) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by OreMI22: 9:29pm On Dec 30, 2014
spyder880:

Thank you, you will love Enugu when you visit. You will like to come back again.

Bia Spyder nwoke oma,
Are you back or you are still posting from villa?
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 9:34pm On Dec 30, 2014
OreMI22:

Bia Spyder nwoke oma,
Are you back or you are still posting from villa?

My sister am still posting from the village o cheesy
I will come back to Enugu within the week.

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 8:16am On Dec 31, 2014
passion007:
Rachel Okonkwo, better known as Nkoli nwa Nsukka, receiving an award from Sullivan Chime. I'm very happy for this young lady. I hear she started out as a dancer for Paul Agubata and other gospel artistes before her foray into Nollywood. Her naturalness is moving; her spontaneity is contagious.
She is pretty

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 9:19am On Dec 31, 2014
-
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by backtosender: 9:22am On Dec 31, 2014
Sandd:
Those bushes should be cleared and grass seeds should be planted.
extinguish all the snakes .
why do u post foreign pixs pls ?

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 9:30am On Dec 31, 2014
-
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 9:57am On Dec 31, 2014
Sandd:
Those bushes should be cleared and grass seeds should be planted.who knows armrobers could be hiding in those bushes.
demolish all villages and move the inhabitants to the city. vast grass lands seem more appealing when driving .
extinguish all the snakes with poisonous bait traps .

Wait a minute, move all the villagers to the city and demolish the villages grin Bros, you got jokes sha grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 9:59am On Dec 31, 2014
-

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 11:45am On Dec 31, 2014
Sandd:
Those bushes should be cleared and grass seeds should be planted.who knows armrobers could be hiding in those bushes.
demolish all villages and move the inhabitants to the city. vast grass lands seem more appealing when driving .
I believe you're joking grin
The vegetation of an entire town should be changed Kill all snakes Did you study Geography at all?? Have you ever heard: 'protecting animals on the verge of extinction' My dear, No matter how much we crave for beauty, our ecosystem cannot be jeopardised.

It's possible to plan and beauty every town, that should be the aim, everyone mustn't move to the main city. Facilities in the city can't even withstand such population...well, I guess you really don't understand what you just posted.

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 12:10pm On Dec 31, 2014
centje:
I believe you're joking grin
The vegetation of an entire town should be changed Kill all snakes Did you study Geography at all?? Have you ever heard: 'protecting animals on the verge of extinction' My dear, No matter how much we crave for beauty, our ecosystem cannot be jeopardised.

It's possible to plan and beauty every town, that should be the aim, everyone mustn't move to the main city. Facilities in the city can't even withstand such population...well, I guess you really don't understand what you just posted.

Supposing we make this guy the president of this country grin Can't stop laughing here.

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 12:29pm On Dec 31, 2014
Sandd:
I think that's the best thing to do . instead of villages scattered everywhere. armed robbers take refuge in those bushes.

Armed robbers take refuge in the hotels these days, and rob banks not poor farmers in the villages. As for villages scattered everywhere, that's the way it will be till those villages become towns and cities. Enugu city was once littered with Amaechi and NIke villages.

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by HappyJoe: 12:33pm On Dec 31, 2014
Biko Spyder what is happening to the Enugu Airport (the new terminal building)?
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 12:37pm On Dec 31, 2014
HappyJoe:
Biko Spyder what is happening to the Enugu Airport (the new terminal building)?

From what I could see from my last glance as I passed the place, work is no longer going on there. Maybe I should have spent more time watching the site to conclude.

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 1:49pm On Dec 31, 2014
spyder880:

From what I could see from my last glance as I passed the place, work is no longer going on there. Maybe I should have spent more time watching the site to conclude.
on my back to Enugu, I saw more houses at the centenary city. The Enugu south market is taking shape too.

Meanwhile, there's a train station in ogui, you'll see their sign post once you stop at subway bus stop, ogui road.
They run every Monday and Thursday, 7am departure time. Rate is quite fair, I believe it will increase as people patronise the rail. Lots of people don't know about this new development. I was telling a cab man and he swore train doesn't run from Enugu to any where grin

7 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by asha80(m): 1:57pm On Dec 31, 2014
centje:
on my back to Enugu, I saw more houses at the centenary city. The Enugu south market is taking shape too.
Meanwhile, there's a train station in ogui, you'll see their sign post once you stop at subway bus stop, ogui road.
They run every Monday and Thursday, 7am departure time. Rate is quite fair, I believe it will increase as people patronise the rail. Lot of people don't know about this new development. I was telling a cab man and he swore train doesn't run from Enugu to anywhere grin
is this pic from Enugu?
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 2:07pm On Dec 31, 2014
centje:
They run every Monday and Thursday, 7am departure time. Rate is quite fair, I believe it will increase as people patronise the rail. Lot of people don't know about this new development. I was telling a cab man and he swore train doesn't run from Enugu to anywhere grin

I am in the village now and I asked someone about the trains since they cannot pass from Enugu to PH without passing my town. They said the trains passed on Monday but didn't make a stop at the usual station in Nomeh .
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 2:22pm On Dec 31, 2014
asha80:
is this pic from Enugu?
yeah, it is. The station at ogui. They just did a lil' renovation of the old structures. Facilities there are so archaic, like living in 1980s grin
It's all good tho', better than not having train at all.
Today, I just met a woman, a relation from my villa, talking about how she secured a job with the NRC( Nigerian Railway cooperation). So, aside providing safe alternative means of transportation, it has also opened up a new job opportunities and a big boom for the retailers I saw around the station cheesy
One step at a time, we will get there!

6 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 2:31pm On Dec 31, 2014
spyder880:

I am in the village now and I asked someone about the trains since they cannot pass from Enugu to PH without passing my town. They said the trains passed on Monday but didn't make a stop at the usual station in Nomeh .
sorry, spyder, you had high hope they'll be stopping there...will you still carry placards grin
May be in future the station will be fixed.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 2:39pm On Dec 31, 2014
centje:
sorry, spyder, you had high hope they'll be stopping there...will you still carry placards grin
May be in future the station will be fixed.

I just went to the station to see if I could talk to anybody, but there is no single person at the station. Totally locked up. I took some pictures of the place and will upload later.

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by awodman: 2:40pm On Dec 31, 2014
spyder880:

They said they will only be stopping at 5 stations for now..Ogui,Ovim(isikwuato),Omoba(Ariria-Aba),Imo River and Station (PH)
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 2:41pm On Dec 31, 2014
The rail interchange at Nomeh station

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 2:43pm On Dec 31, 2014
More. ......

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 2:45pm On Dec 31, 2014
The station store

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 2:46pm On Dec 31, 2014
Nobody is on duty here.....

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 2:48pm On Dec 31, 2014
This place is in serious need of renovation. .......

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 2:50pm On Dec 31, 2014
The staff quarters, last painted when some people were not born yet grin

4 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 2:51pm On Dec 31, 2014
Village dances.....

5 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 2:53pm On Dec 31, 2014
Dancing away with reckless abandon. .......

5 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by biafrandream: 2:54pm On Dec 31, 2014
Sandd:

This might sound stupid but I think this guy is making a lot of sense. If our villages are so wonderful, why don't we live in them. I want our villages to be completely overhauled. Modern agriculture should be adopted to create jobs. Americans, Brits and every developed world live in their villages, but we abandon ours to abroad and return there seasonably. It is a clear evidence that our system is not working and should be changed. If I have my way, all our villages should be fumigated against deadly reptiles like snakes and scorpions and then I will introduce, harmless animals like antelopes to move freely in our grasslands. That was what the whiteman did to make their land look like paradise. Our villages should be made economically viable instead of leaving it in it's pristine cosmetic state. I thank God, people are thinking.

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 2:55pm On Dec 31, 2014
More from the accident on Sunday night

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by cjrane: 3:00pm On Dec 31, 2014
awodman:

They said they will only be stopping at 5 stations for now..Ogui,Ovim(isikwuato),Omoba(Ariria-Aba),Imo River and Station (PH)

Nigeria and doing things haphazardly. I totally understand the need to start with a few stations for now. But, instead of having just one coach, they should have 2. One will be the express train going from Enugu-PH non-stop, while the other will stop at every train station. Stopping at every train stain helps build up loyal clientele and will help evacuate agricultural produce, which boosts the local economy.

Anyhow, i still thank God that they have finally started plying the route again. They should make the train line dual carriage, so that trains can move in both directions at the same time. Instead of waiting for days just for one train to reach PH and return before boarding a second trip from Enugu-PH.

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 3:00pm On Dec 31, 2014
biafrandream:

This might sound stupid but I think this guy is making a lot of sense. If our villages are so wonderful, why don't we live in them. I want our villages to be completely overhauled. Modern agriculture should be adopted to create jobs. Americans, Brits and every developed world live in their villages, but we abandon ours to abroad and return there seasonably. It is a clear evidence that our system is not working and should be changed. If I have my way, all our villages should be fumigated against deadly reptiles like snakes and scorpions and then I will introduce, harmless animals like antelopes to move freely in our grasslands. That was what the whiteman did to make their land look like paradise. I thank God, people are thinking.

Thank you, but how possible is it to actively overhaul all villages, expanse of land covering several square miles to be rehabilitated at once? Well, let us for one minute consider the possibilities, how can we move millions of people from their ancestral homes to a foreign city where the culture or habit is completely different from what they have been used to from birth?

I think such changes are too radical and may achieve the wrong results.

(1) (2) (3) ... (329) (330) (331) (332) (333) (334) (335) ... (705) (Reply)

Update on developments in Anambra state-photos / Few Pics From Imo State / Abubakar Shekau, Boko Haram Leader Speaks To BBC Hausa, Enjoys Killing People.

Viewing this topic: moshood44(m) and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.