Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,218 members, 7,825,818 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 12:34 AM

Enugu, The Pride Of The East. - Politics (329) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Enugu, The Pride Of The East. (1787998 Views)

Nigerian Armed Forces, Pride Of West Africa. / Babangida’s Letter To Bola TINUBU, Does The Letter Expose The Pride Of IBB? / The First Mayor Of Enugu, The Most Politically Important Igbo City, Was A Fulani (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (326) (327) (328) (329) (330) (331) (332) ... (698) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Ikengawo: 12:19am On Dec 22, 2014
ChimaAdeoye:

But Why is the CBN building more buildings, when they can't maintain what they have already built?
Na wa for Naija administrators.
I don't know why common sense is an after thought in Nigeria
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 1:09am On Dec 22, 2014
spyder880:
Inside the CBN quarters. ......Enugu.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/1961005_20141220162430_jpeg42ed23dfb9d2128462ac4d9163b25908
What is that on the image?! cry cry cry cry cry cry cry
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by ChimaAdeoye: 1:38am On Dec 22, 2014
spyder880:

Enugu is a very huge city, although this style is not so popular in the city, we have a lot of adaptations and even some buildings that may look more sophisticated than this building. Most of the housing estates in Enugu has a good number of unique architecture inside them. Are you planning to 'import' and plant this building in Enugu soon? grin grin

By His Special Grace,
If that your plot work out, I can give this picture to an architect to design something similar on the outside.
It looks simple enough but with a little touch of colonial architecture. I also like that the structure is not square or rectangular and has the colonial appearing window rain shield.

I'll like a type of duplex where only master bedroom, living room, kitchen and store is downstairs. Upstair will have two rooms on either side of the house with their own toilet and bath. The important design for me is that one can see the living room or palour once they come out of the upstairs bedrooms. And the bedrooms on the right and left side of the house is linked by a bridge overlooking the living room downstairs. Like the design in the Pics. showing the upstairs staircase and "link bridge" to the upstairs bedrooms from the living room downstairs.

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by ChimaAdeoye: 2:30am On Dec 22, 2014
spyder880:
I really drove round the block....

My brother,
I don't think they are doing any serious work.

This hotel needs serious renovation work and changing of how the inside looks. I am not advocating for expensive furnishing, just basic clean furniture found in 2-4 star hotels in other African countries like the pics. will do.

But, it requires a determination of the state government to revive this iconic hotel and allow the right people to manage it.

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by cjrane: 4:17am On Dec 22, 2014
ChimaAdeoye:

By His Special Grace,
If that your plot work out, I can give this picture to an architect to design something similar on the outside.
It looks simple enough but with a little touch of colonial architecture. I also like that the structure is not square or rectangular and has the colonial appearing window rain shield.

I'll like a type of duplex where only master bedroom, living room, kitchen and store is downstairs. Upstair will have two rooms on either side of the house with their own toilet and bath. The important design for me is that one can see the living room or palour once they come out of the upstairs bedrooms. And the bedrooms on the right and left side of the house is linked by a bridge overlooking the living room downstairs. Like the design in the Pics. showing the upstairs staircase and "link bridge" to the upstairs bedrooms from the living room downstairs.

Madam, you get taste o! grin
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 4:29am On Dec 22, 2014
ChimaAdeoye:

By His Special Grace,

Very vivid description. I like your style.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Bishop42: 4:42am On Dec 22, 2014
ChimaAdeoye:
Comparing the first two pictures of Hotel Presidential below to the last two pictures of Hotel des mille collines, You can easily see from the pictures that to upgrade Presidential hotel to look like Hotel des mille collines will not be hard for those in the hotel business who know what is needed.

Perhaps, the only slightly difficult step will be the physical renovation and re-painting of the edifice. Especially to change the old design iron-bar balcony railings into a glass railings as they did with Hotel des mille collines in the picture to give it a modern 21st century look.Actually, the best approach would be to install new rug in the entire hotel and discard most of the antique furniture after the re-painting is completed.

The State government simply isn't into hotel business and just cannot do this. It is better to sell this iconic hotel to an international hotel group to do the magic transformation required or for government to complete the renovation and hold only 40% share in order to allow hotel management experts to manage the new hotel as a business to prevent it's rundown again.

I was loving this post until i saw this:
"It is better to sell this iconic hotel to an international hotel group"

International investor should build new projects rather than buying already made stuff cheaply from govt.

I have no doubt in my mind that great Enugu or Southeast investors can tranform this building into world class hotel...These guys arent that difficult to locate. I really like the daring nature of Tony Elumelu who is currently building lots of wonderful projects in Northern Nigeria and constructing the best hotel in Portharcourt . We could really learn lots from OBJ on how to nuture our local investors.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 4:48am On Dec 22, 2014
Bishop42:

"It is better to sell
this iconic hotel to an
international hotel group"

International investor should build new projects rather buying alreay made stuff from govt on cheap price.
I have no doubt in my mind that great Enugu or Southeast investors can tranform this building into world class hotel...These guys arent that difficult to locate. I really like the daring nature of Tony Elumelu who is currently building lots of wonderful projects in Northern Nigeria and constructing the best hotel in Portharcourt . We could really learn lots from OBJ on how to nuture our local investors.

The location of this hotel is superb. Opening to two major roads, the presidential road and Rangers avenue. This hotel will enjoy good patronage if well managed. But who can buy this and make a good job of turning it around among our local investors? is there any such individual with such capital and expertise?

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by cjrane: 6:24am On Dec 22, 2014
Bishop42:

"It is better to sell this iconic hotel to an international hotel group"

International investor should build new projects rather than buying already made stuff cheaply from govt.

Rockview is another local hotel group with hotels in Abuja,Lagos,Owerri. However, the Question is who has the money and expertise to turn the place around?.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 2:03pm On Dec 22, 2014
I want to visit enugu one day, atleast something good is happening in enugu. Good work.

5 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Abagworo(m): 2:42pm On Dec 22, 2014
spyder880:

The location of this hotel is superb. Opening to two major roads, the presidential road and Rangers avenue. This hotel will enjoy good patronage if well managed. But who can buy this and make a good job of turning it around among our local investors? is there any such individual with such capital and expertise?

The next Governor should liase with Rockview.

3 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by cjrane: 2:51pm On Dec 22, 2014
spyder880:

You know how I do my own things, I always look well before I say things. I circled this hotel, passed that back gate near the filling station on Rangers avenue and there was no sign of life there, the gate was slightly ajar, but no signs of any little activity to show me that anyone has ever passed through the gate in days. If they are working, there should be trucks, men moving around and maybe some materials visible.

I will try and enter inside next time, after all I am a part owner of the property, this is my state. grin

Bro be careful entering inside an abandoned building o! Armu robbers may be using it as a hiding place. Just the pictures clearly showed us that you are right. The place has been abandoned. We don't need further proof. We like to have you here hale and hearty to continue the marvelous work of showcasing Enugu to the world. Don't unnecessarily endanger yourself trying to prove what is obvious even to the rodents living in the hotel now.

3 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by cjrane: 2:58pm On Dec 22, 2014
MrPSA:
I want to visit enugu one day, atleast something good is happening in enugu. Good work.

It is unlike any other Nigerian city. It is clean, organized, free of the chaos of a typical Nigerian city and lots of greenery driving around the rolling green hills which surround the city.

6 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 3:23pm On Dec 22, 2014
ChimaAdeoye:

By His Special Grace,

www.nairaland.com/attachments/1964193_house00_jpeg8677dbc831f8288be766867479e75244
Dream on Enugu citizen!Huh! Please, tell your leaders to fix the brownish and dirty environment.

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by akanuson: 4:13pm On Dec 22, 2014
hi
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by akanuson: 4:22pm On Dec 22, 2014
enugu is ok

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Unemadu: 5:33pm On Dec 22, 2014
akanuson:
enugu is ok

U just registered today,may we know u grin

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 5:41pm On Dec 22, 2014
Hope you all are planning for Christmas break. I will be disappearing for a few days to roll around with my wife and children in Nomeh Unateze, Nkanu East LGA of Enugu state. We are supposed to go hunting for bushmeat cheesy spending time in the stream to catch some fresh fish and crabs, playing football with my son and attending village meetings.

My daughters are supposed to use the few days to learn how to process garri, process red oil from palm fruits, make local brooms and understand village life. We are supposed to leave Enugu urban to rural Enugu before the 25th of December 2014.

Expect pictures of our holiday season here in January 2015 grin cheesy grin

3 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 5:43pm On Dec 22, 2014
akanuson:
enugu is ok

O di very much Okay nwanne cheesy
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 5:46pm On Dec 22, 2014
cjrane:

It is unlike any other Nigerian city. It is clean, organized, free of the chaos of a typical Nigerian city and lots of greenery driving around the rolling green hills which surround the city.

Bro, for me it's Enugu for life!

4 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 5:48pm On Dec 22, 2014
MrPSA:

I assure you, you will want to come back again and again and again cheesy

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 5:53pm On Dec 22, 2014
I have posted a video link from YouTube, on how you can get to the lands we are selling, from Nike lake resort hotel junction in Enugu.

Watch the video by clicking on this link. ... very good investment for the near future.

https://www.nairaland.com/1830688/tigerkenn-homes-property-development-initiative/10

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 8:08pm On Dec 22, 2014
cjrane:

I can see from the pictures, the municipality of that area is working. Well done to Enugu municipality. One day I will be there to experience that part of nigeria

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 8:17pm On Dec 22, 2014
The governor-in-waiting, Representative Ugwuanyi, has chosen a female running mate.

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 8:35pm On Dec 22, 2014
spyder880:

I assure you, you will want to come back again and again and again cheesy

I hope that will happen, according to what I see from diffent pictures of that area(enugu). The municipality of enugu is working. I am impressed about the development of that area.

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Energito: 8:36pm On Dec 22, 2014
spyder880:
I have posted a video link from YouTube, on how you can get to the lands we are selling, from Nike lake resort hotel junction in Enugu.

Watch the video by clicking on this link. ... very good investment for the near future.

https://www.nairaland.com/1830688/tigerkenn-homes-property-development-initiative/10
is it true that Enugu-Ph railway will take off on 24 of this month?i heard it on dream fm 2day.

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by akanuson: 11:08pm On Dec 22, 2014
what is good today?
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by cjrane: 3:52am On Dec 23, 2014
Golden Tulip Hotels group have great hotels have entered Nigeria and already have hotels in Abuja, Lagos, Benin, Asaba, Awka, and Ibadan.

I am sure they will like such an edifice in the heart of Enugu to manage.

http://www.goldentulip.com/en

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by ChimaAdeoye: 4:27am On Dec 23, 2014
cjrane:
Golden Tulip Hotels group with many great hotels have entered Nigeria and already have hotels in Abuja, Lagos, Benin, Asaba, Awka, and Ibadan.

I am sure they will like such an edifice in the heart of Enugu to manage.

http://www.goldentulip.com/en

I thought Golden Tulip was already in Enugu?
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 5:43am On Dec 23, 2014
ChimaAdeoye:

I thought Golden Tulip was already in Enugu?

They have a big hotel along Bisalla road , independence layout.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by HappyJoe: 6:03am On Dec 23, 2014
spyder880:

They have a big hotel along Bisalla road , independence layout.

I'm not sure that hotel is part of the global Golden Tulip franchise.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by mancanoe: 6:29am On Dec 23, 2014
Please oga spider or whoever that know n this forum, where can i get a flex or sav printer machine for banner printing, i want to print some banner which i designed myself here in enugu.

(1) (2) (3) ... (326) (327) (328) (329) (330) (331) (332) ... (698) (Reply)

Update on developments in Anambra state-photos / Few Pics From Imo State / Abubakar Shekau, Boko Haram Leader Speaks To BBC Hausa, Enjoys Killing People.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.