Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,051 members, 7,825,345 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 12:06 PM

Enugu, The Pride Of The East. - Politics (348) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Enugu, The Pride Of The East. (1787660 Views)

Nigerian Armed Forces, Pride Of West Africa. / Babangida’s Letter To Bola TINUBU, Does The Letter Expose The Pride Of IBB? / The First Mayor Of Enugu, The Most Politically Important Igbo City, Was A Fulani (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (345) (346) (347) (348) (349) (350) (351) ... (698) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 11:56pm On Feb 01, 2015
Going to Ebe town.

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by cjrane: 12:00am On Feb 02, 2015
spyder880:
Going to Ebe town.

O'l boy, see land left and right that we can use for Cashew or Palm oil plantations!

Nigeria is truly blessed. I think our problem is because of too much natural blessing, we are unable to think critically how to transform our natural environments into money yielding ventures! Palm or Cashew plantations co-owned by the local communities and the state government would be a great poverty alleviation strategy for the people, while boosting the economy of the entire state. Where is ENADEP?
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 12:01am On Feb 02, 2015
Affa town, bushes provided with a new road by Sullivan.

5 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 12:05am On Feb 02, 2015
Now, this is Akpakume, who would have thought that roads can reach here, they are still moving in with the roads, Sullivan Chime is still constructing new roads at the 11 and half hour grin

6 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by cjrane: 12:18am On Feb 02, 2015
spyder880:
Now, this is Akpakume, who would have thought that roads can reach here, they are still moving in with the roads, Sullivan Chime is still constructing new roads at the 11 and half hour grin

I not only thank Chime for the effort to construct the roads to link up these communities, i thank him even more for building gutters to protect the roads and make sure they last in a good condition for a very long time

4 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 12:23am On Feb 02, 2015
cjrane:

I not only thank Chime for the effort to construct the roads to link up these communities, i thank him even more for building gutters to protect the roads and make sure they last in a good condition for a very long time

The man tried, this is what I will call "injury time projects" grin

5 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Baroba(m): 2:18am On Feb 02, 2015
spyder880:
If you are not from Udi zone, you may not know the legacy of this man in the statue. How many of us knows the story of this historical figure?
For those interested, a little summary of the man in question http://www.kwenu.com/poems/profile/onyeama/legacies_legend.htm

Guy you don enter my umu nna territory, small thing you go catch my house sef with your camera, na my late great uncle be that, his grand son Dilibe wrote a book back in the 80s about him.. Story Of An African God..

St Paul's Eke, no comment, last time I saw the place was in 2012 when I buried my old man..left derelict due to power tussle between OMA and Amankwo. From a historic point of view, that church is not that old, construction started back in 1979 according to my late father.. The municipal primary school opposite used to be the old mission built by the missionaries..

Take a tour of Okwuloha's compound, his court yard and palace are still standing till today..
Thanks once again for these pix...

A piece of history, this bike given to Onyeama by king George V when he visited England was parked behind his compound for years, I told my cousin if this thing gets to Europe na serious money, this is the same ogba tum tum been actioned of in England, the family shipped it back in 2013, it went for $7000+..

http://www.bonhams.com/auctions/21749/lot/63/

9 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Baroba(m): 3:16am On Feb 02, 2015
cjrane:

Exactly, very thoughtful to construct these drainages, I sincerely hope these roads will not be abandoned once he leaves office..Sullivan Nwa Chime, ebe a na eje!

Enugu is just too beautiful, check out those landscapes, oyibos will kill for things like this.. Lovely

5 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by kmariko: 3:57am On Feb 02, 2015
Spyder you like your state no be smalloo. a very rare quality in a country, where our " intellectuals" derive so much pleasure in running it down.. the country that gave them so much in which they never reciprocated in kind.

keep up the good work ....

and Be well

6 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 5:46am On Feb 02, 2015
Oga where are you going? We are crying that our people dont invest back home and those that wanted to invest are being frustrated by greedy and foolish politicians and your telling me "mkpuru onye kuru''

kedu mkpuru ibeto; emenike na eric chime kuru na politicians ekwelo ka ha la mmiri debe iko?

Odika iso na ndi anyi naya na igboland?
Anam enyokwa gi enyooo

cjrane:

Good Morning Sir.

Mkpuru onye kuru ka o'ga aghoro.

Honestly, it is not Dangote's fault that he is benefiting from Igbo stupidity, while Igbos are running around the country in other peoples' sub-regions searching for jobs and slaving in far away lands.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 5:52am On Feb 02, 2015
Baroba:

For those interested, a little summary of the man in question http://www.kwenu.com/poems/profile/onyeama/legacies_legend.htm

Guy you don enter my umu nna territory, small thing you go catch my house sef with your camera, na my late great uncle be that, his grand son Dilibe wrote a book back in the 80s about him.. Story Of An African God..

St Paul's Eke, no comment, last time I saw the place was in 2012 when I buried my old man..left derelict due to power tussle between OMA and Amankwo. From a historic point of view, that church is not that old, construction started back in 1979 according to my late father.. The municipal primary school opposite used to be the old mission built by the missionaries..

Take a tour of Okwuloha's compound, his court yard and palace are still standing till today..
Thanks once again for these pix...

A piece of history, this bike given to Onyeama by king George V when he visited England was parked behind his compound for years, I told my cousin if this thing gets to Europe na serious money, this is the same ogba tum tum been actioned of in England, the family shipped it back in 2013, it went for $7000+..

http://www.bonhams.com/auctions/21749/lot/63/

Eke has a very rich history, I will keep highlighting the stories of this great town. Thanks for sharing.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by asha80(m): 8:39am On Feb 02, 2015
Collynzo9:

What a shame.
Yet some people still waste their time blaming outsiders for our problems.
Ebony state governor said they won't go back to the days of oppression by allowing Ibeto control of the cement plant.
Anyway the good thing is that the people of Nkakagu are fully in support of Ibeto despite all the rubbish being spewed by their governor and work is going on at the site as I type this.
how do you know work is going on there? Any proof?

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by cjrane: 1:42pm On Feb 02, 2015
BuddahMonk:
Oga where are you going? We are crying that our people dont invest back home and those that wanted to invest are being frustrated by greedy and foolish politicians and your telling me "mkpuru onye kuru''

kedu mkpuru ibeto; emenike na eric chime kuru na politicians ekwelo ka ha la mmiri debe iko?

Odika iso na ndi anyi naya na igboland?
Anam enyokwa gi enyooo

Buddah ehh?
You too like me o!
How you just put my comment up-side down, come carry onyoko-meter dey view my comment like lab. scientist?

Okay, my comment means that those that plant poverty in their area by rejecting an investor simply out of unwarranted nepotism, shall continue in poverty because they planted the tree of poverty in their land by stupidity. While someone like Dangote will continue to reap mega wealth, off their idiocy by selling to them what they naturally have in abundance. Sort of selling ice to the eskimos because he is too stupid to use his own snow to make ice.
If my village is blessed with limestone, just as another village in Gboko or Ogun state, and my village refuse to allow any investor unless he is my village man.Then tomorrow, we run to Ogun state or Benue state to work as slaves in other Cement factories created in other peoples land, it is our stupidity that has under-developed us and made us poor. Even crude oil is nothing unless it is extracted and turned into petrol by an investor. Only then can it create wealth and the youths can ask for their own share of the wealth by being gainfully employed in the company instead of running to Enugu, Onitsha or Kano to become wheel-baro pushers or okada riders.

Ngwanu, jukwam another question. grin

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Udehpaschal1(m): 2:10pm On Feb 02, 2015
Sorry to ask Mr. Spyder880 , is Ezeagu LGA not part of Enugu state? I have not seen any notable project by the state Government around those areas on this thread..
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Collynzo9: 2:18pm On Feb 02, 2015
asha80:
how do you know work is going on there? Any proof?
I have first hand information, rehabilitation work is going on with full speed, the facility is guarded by FG soldiers, the community, LGA and people of Ebonyi are fully behind Ibeto.
Elechi is alone in opposition.

5 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by asha80(m): 2:23pm On Feb 02, 2015
Collynzo9:

I have first hand information, rehabilitation work is going on with full speed, the facility is guarded by FG soldiers, the community, LGA and people of Ebonyi are fully behind Ibeto.
hmmm let it be true sha....a particular moniker called Vessi on nairaland said Ibeto is backing ebonyi deputy governor Dave umahi for governorship under pdp...there might bee some connection to this nkalagu issue although the feelers I get from people about this umahi character is not so good

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 2:25pm On Feb 02, 2015
Kamsi kwanu ma obuzi Odogwu dika gi na ekwu otua, ewene iwe onye nze biko.

cjrane:

Buddah ehh?
You too like me o!
How you just put my comment up-side down, come carry onyoko-meter dey view my comment like lab. scientist?

Okay, my comment means that those that plant poverty in their area by rejecting an investor simply out of unwarranted nepotism, shall continue in poverty because they planted the tree of poverty in their land by stupidity. While someone like Dangote will continue to reap mega wealth, off their idiocy by selling to them what they naturally have in abundance. Sort of selling ice to the eskimos because he is too stupid to use his own snow to make ice.
If my village is blessed with limestone, just as another village in Gboko or Ogun state, and my village refuse to allow any investor unless he is my village man.Then tomorrow, we run to Ogun state or Benue state to work as slaves in other Cement factories created in other peoples land, it is our stupidity that has under-developed us and made us poor. Even crude oil is nothing unless it is extracted and turned into petrol by an investor. Only then can it create wealth and the youths can ask for their own share of the wealth by being gainfully employed in the company instead of running to Enugu, Onitsha or Kano to become wheel-baro pushers or okada riders.

Ngwanu, jukwam another question. grin
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 2:33pm On Feb 02, 2015
How can u befriend any of the securities or workers there to help you get some pics for us, we will be glad you did

Collynzo9:

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by myhobbies(m): 5:24pm On Feb 02, 2015
Udehpaschal1:
Sorry to ask Mr. Spyder880 , is Ezeagu LGA not part of Enugu state? I have not seen any notable project by the state Government around those areas on this thread..

Bro, is not only Ezeagu o.. What of Nkanu East... I don't know if we are not part of Enugu!!
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 7:12pm On Feb 02, 2015
Udehpaschal1:

Ezeagu LGA is overloaded with state government projects. So many roads from Oghe to Olo, from Aguobu to Mgbagbu, a new road going on into Owa as at today, asphalt, drainages, all the works. From Obele agu Umana, to Isiugwu all the way to Anambra State at Amansea Awka precisely.

I wish I have the time to drive around and show you, but call people in these towns I mentioned, Sullivan Chime is partial to these people. He neglected Nkanu for a reason I cannot fathom yet.

3 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Activity77(m): 7:18pm On Feb 02, 2015
myhobbies:

Bro, is not only Ezeagu o.. What of Nkanu East... I don't know if we are not part of Enugu!!

Udehpaschal1:
myhobbies:

Both of u can still help,not necessarily spyder...makana ndigbo si na anukoo amiri onu. Ogbaaa ufufu
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 7:19pm On Feb 02, 2015
myhobbies:

Nkanu East LGA is an abandoned territory. Sullivan Chime scored a big fat zero in this local government. I will like anyone to challenge me with facts. For reasons best known to Enugu state government, maybe a political problem but there was no project, none whatsoever carried out in Nkanu East till today. We also thank him for ignoring us.

A failed and broken bridge is at Nkerefi, the road from Nara through Mburubu to Nomeh Unateze has never been tarred from the time God created this world. No water provision or any presence of any political office holder there. From Amankanu to Oruku, Owo, Idodo, Ekpof, Ubahu, all totally forgotten. We are not even begging them anymore, we are tired of begging and appealing. A day will come when ................ whats the need of ranting. A day will come. cool

4 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by asha80(m): 7:26pm On Feb 02, 2015
spyder880:

Nkanu East LGA is an abandoned territory. Sullivan Chime scored a big fat zero in this local government. I will like anyone to challenge me with facts. For reasons best known to Enugu state government, maybe a political problem but there was no project, none whatsoever carried out in Nkanu East till today. We also thank him for ignoring us.

A failed and broken bridge is at Nkerefi, the road from Nara through Mburubu to Nomeh Unateze has never been tarred from the time God created this world. No water provision or any presence of any political office holder there. From Amankanu to Oruku, Owo, Idodo, Ekpof, Ubahu, all totally forgotten. We are not even begging them anymore, we are tired of begging and appealing. A day will come when ................ whats the need of ranting. A day will come. cool
correct me if I am wrong but I thought I heard that chime did some projects in nnaamani's hometown or lga?
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 7:38pm On Feb 02, 2015
asha80:
correct me if I am wrong but I thought I heard that chime did some projects in nnaamani's hometown or lga?

Yes, but Nnamani is not from Nkanu East LGA. He is from Nkanu west and that is where he mainly worked during his tenure. Even Nnamani Chimaroke totally ignored Nkanu East too. What Sullivan did was to complete a section of an uncompleted road that started from Ozalla and stopped at Umueze, if not only Obe sef. Only one lane covering two towns for two local governments with a total of over 32 towns. That's paltry!

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by IGBOSON1: 8:30pm On Feb 02, 2015
Enugu Airport: State Tasks Aviation Firm On Cargo Equipment

The Enugu State Government has appealed to the National Aviation Handling Company (NAHCO) to provide cargo handling equipment at the Akanu Ibiam International Airport for the export of agricultural produce.
The state’s Commissioner for Commerce and Industry, Dr Jude Akubuilo, made the appeal in Enugu on Wednesday at an interactive session with students of the Armed Forces Command College, Senior Course 37, who were on a tour of the state.
Akubuilo said the equipment would ease the evacuation of fresh agricultural produce and create job opportunities for youths in the state.
He lamented that efforts by the state government to collaborate with the company to provide the equipment to create market for the farmers in the state had failed.
He also called on the Federal Government to approve the establishment of a free trade zone in the South East zone.
“We are losing money. We appeal to NAHCO to help us provide the cargo equipment so that we can transit out of oil and invest more in agriculture,’’ he said.
In his remarks, the state’s Commissioner for Agriculture, Dr Mike Eneh, said the state had created a value chain approach targeted at making every small scale farmer a commercial one.
He said the state had invested more than N5 billion on rice production and gotten more than N1.488 billion on the sale of poultry products.
He listed some challenges stalling the development of agriculture in the state to include bureaucracy, sabotage and difficulty to extend support to farmers.

“We do not want isolated projects that cannot be delivered. We want to project agriculture as a business in Enugu State,’’ he said.
Eneh said the state had commenced the export of pineapples to other countries of the world.
The Team Leader of the college, Cmdr. Obi Ofodile, said the visit was in line with the course curriculum.
He said that the team would visit states and the theme for this year was ‘exploring agricultural potentials of Enugu State for socio-economic development’.
He said the students were in Enugu for on-the -spot assessment and that whatever their findings would reflect on their reports, which would include solutions to help the state develop its agriculture.
Ofodile expressed happiness with the improvement in agriculture in the state.
“I think the state is trying a lot in agriculture. If you have seen what is happening to our oil, it is imperative for states to promote agriculture,’’ Ofodile said.
Some of the students from Ghana and Togo called for improved budgetary allocation to agriculture to augment the fall in oil price.
The group also paid a courtesy visit on Gov. Sullivan Chime of Enugu State.

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=newssearch&cd=2&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0CCMQqQIoADAB&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.thetidenewsonline.com%2F2015%2F02%2F02%2Fenugu-airport-state-tasks-aviation-firm-on-cargo-equipment%2F&ei=8MrPVPeiKJHUauqqgqAC&usg=AFQjCNGsIdyDm__wQppSmYMYhJROczFomw

You see what pisses me off with this country!?: The Enugu state gov't has done it's part in trying to wean itself off total dependence on allocation from Abuja, yet its efforts are being frustrated (by ommission or commission) by a useless bureaucratic-ridden federal agency!

Ever since the immediate past minister of aviation was talking of positioning the aviation sector to assist in the export of cash-crops and and other value-added agric produce, one would have thought that by now all would now be in place (IN ALL INTERNATIONAL GATEWAYS IN ALL REGIONS) to facilitate this!

All we do is fuc/king talk talk talk, yet when time comes for action we're ill-prepared and found wanting! Just imagine the billions of naira the Enugu state gov't is losing because of NAHCOs incompetence or sabotage! sad

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by cjrane: 9:08pm On Feb 02, 2015
IGBOSON1:
Enugu Airport: State Tasks Aviation Firm On Cargo Equipment

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=newssearch&cd=2&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0CCMQqQIoADAB&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.thetidenewsonline.com%2F2015%2F02%2F02%2Fenugu-airport-state-tasks-aviation-firm-on-cargo-equipment%2F&ei=8MrPVPeiKJHUauqqgqAC&usg=AFQjCNGsIdyDm__wQppSmYMYhJROczFomw

You see what pisses me off with this country!?: The Enugu state gov't has done it's part in trying to wean itself off total dependence on allocation from Abuja, yet its efforts are being frustrated (by ommission or commission) by a useless bureaucratic-ridden federal agency!

Ever since the immediate past minister of aviation was talking of positioning the aviation sector to assist in the export of cash-crops and and other value-added agric produce, one would have thought that by now all would now be in place (IN ALL INTERNATIONAL GATEWAYS IN ALL REGIONS) to facilitate this!

All we do is fuc/king talk talk talk, yet when time comes for action we're ill-prepared and found wanting! Just imagine the billions of naira the Enugu state gov't is losing because of [size=18pt]NAHCOs incompetence or sabotage![/size] sad

Incompetence ?, yes, sometimes
Deliberate sabotage? Yes! always!
Gej have been accused of many things but NEVER Nepotism. He has never pursued a deliberate policy to under-develop any part of Nigeria unlike all his predecessors Except Umaru Yar'Adua.
All the others are engrossed in the game of lets pull down this and that region so that our own region will take over their advantage.The civil servants in these federal agencies have exactly the same parochial mindset. That is why it required an Aviation Minister of Igbo origin to fulfill the Federal Government's "desire" for an International airport in the Southeast region.

8 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by asha80(m): 9:24pm On Feb 02, 2015
The aviation minister still comes from within our axis...he should do something about it

4 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by IGBOSON1: 9:41pm On Feb 02, 2015
asha80:
The aviation minister still comes from within our axis...he should do something about it

^^^The guy may be good in certain aspects of the job (like service delivery and customer awareness/satisfaction), but he doesn't seem to have the balls his predecessor had to take on established cabals and ethnocentric-bureaucrats in the sector!

4 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by IGBOSON1: 9:42pm On Feb 02, 2015
Entrance to Almond Estate and security:

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by IGBOSON1: 9:43pm On Feb 02, 2015
Road works in progress:

5 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by IGBOSON1: 9:46pm On Feb 02, 2015
Sidewalk construction (leading up to the main gate) in progress:

7 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by IGBOSON1: 9:48pm On Feb 02, 2015
Laying of underground cabling:

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (345) (346) (347) (348) (349) (350) (351) ... (698) (Reply)

Update on developments in Anambra state-photos / Few Pics From Imo State / Abubakar Shekau, Boko Haram Leader Speaks To BBC Hausa, Enjoys Killing People.

Viewing this topic: NwekereNdokl, Xnilid and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.