Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,807 members, 7,956,063 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 11:24 PM

Enugu, The Pride Of The East. - Politics (345) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Enugu, The Pride Of The East. (1843462 Views)

Nigerian Armed Forces, Pride Of West Africa. / Babangida’s Letter To Bola TINUBU, Does The Letter Expose The Pride Of IBB? / The First Mayor Of Enugu, The Most Politically Important Igbo City, Was A Fulani (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (342) (343) (344) (345) (346) (347) (348) ... (714) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by OreMI22: 11:10pm On Jan 25, 2015
Charlesdonald:
Overview of caol camp
Bro, we understand and appreciate your desire to help enrich the forum.
Unfortunately, your camera or the video you pulled these pics from?

Please, these are enough.Thanks a lot for your effort wink wink

3 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by oneeast: 11:12pm On Jan 25, 2015
Collynzo9:
If you want to learn come out clean and ask, I will teach. I know you are were shocked to your bone marrows when I exposed what you were doing. You are a huge enemy of progress and I know that you can never change, it is in your gene. You have no choice but to die because AlaIgbo must move forward.
BTW you forgot to like the trolls last comment, also remember to call your partner to make it 2 likes.

Lol xx xx, , am not surprised for accusing me though. ordinary welder am not surprised that u thought I was the one after all u suffered in the hands of the insurgents. You will die a road side welder.

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by oneeast: 11:14pm On Jan 25, 2015
Kororugged:

General abeg leave that small boy, he is collynzo aka igrigri- toothless dog

watch out for emiroment aka descartes. we await your instruction in conjunction with General Scatter to proceed

General ko rugged,

Collins need to suffer for wrongly accusing a general.

As for descart I will email you.

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by oneeast: 11:16pm On Jan 25, 2015
winniz:

Not on this thread.

Nkit a lacha gi ike. Were u not here when he wrongly accused me?

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by oneeast: 11:20pm On Jan 25, 2015
Kororugged:

General abeg leave that small boy, he is collynzo aka igrigri- toothless dog

watch out for emiroment aka descartes. we await your instruction in conjunction with General Scatter to proceed

General pls forward to my email all the intels on collins the welder. I will post all of them on this thread for the world to see. Lol
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by winniz: 11:24pm On Jan 25, 2015
[s][/s]oneeast:

Nkit a lacha gi ike. Were u not here when he wrongly accused me?[s][/s]

Chino, just get lost!!

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by oneeast: 11:27pm On Jan 25, 2015
winniz:

Chino, just get lost!!

Nkita lacha papa gi ike for being stupid
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Charlesdonald(m): 11:28pm On Jan 25, 2015
OreMI22:
Bro, we understand and appreciate your desire to help enrich the forum.
Unfortunately, your camera or the video you pulled these pics from?

Please, these are enough.Thanks a lot for your effort wink wink
I professionally take this as insult
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by winniz: 11:46pm On Jan 25, 2015
[s][/s]oneeast:

Nkita lacha papa gi ike for being stupid[s][/s]

Anuofia, nkita lachakwagi anya.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by oneeast: 11:49pm On Jan 25, 2015
winniz:

Nkita lacha mama gi ike..
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by nextexcel: 12:08am On Jan 26, 2015
oneeast:

Nkita lacha mama gi ike..
old possess fool,he made a mistake to mention ur name,kindly live now,guys abeg no matter his reply,make him a fool by not replying.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by oneeast: 12:13am On Jan 26, 2015
Bloody illiterate go back and complete your primary six. Can hardly read through your blunders..lol

nextexcel:
old possess fool,he made a mistake to mention ur name,kindly live now,guys abeg no matter his reply,make him a fool by not replying.

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by OdenigboAroli(m): 12:15am On Jan 26, 2015
cjrane:

There is nothing like quiet politics. Enugu politics is simply civil and matured.
See how people took bribes and simply used a pen to cancel Stella Oduah's name and wrote Chris Uba Eselu's name on the ballot. While eselu never contested for PDP nomination at all. That is simply barbarism and usually leads to selecting the highest bidder, who may be the worst types of characters to represent the people.Which is exactly what causes lack of development in a place.Although i am a PDP member, but I hope and pray APGA defeats PDP in Anambra.

Anyway, let me just shut up and watch events unfold.

I am very disappointed at this post... Anambra has alot of intelligent individuals who slog it out with one another to the end, unlike Enugu. And this make Anambra politics very competitive,exciting and transparent unlike Enugu where everybody sit around and let their godfathers force a candidate with questionable qualification on them. Seriously,I dont know who Ugwuanyi is running against....Now,are you telling me Ugwuanyi is the best Enugu can present? Thats very embarrassing if you ask me. And the lack of fighting spirit in Ndi Enugu in no way mean they are civilized. In the land of blind men a one eyed man is a hero! Enugu isn't civil,rather they lack zeal.

Secondly,its obvious you know nada about Anambra hence you erroneously assumed Eselu and Oduah are from the same zone. Please,do not drag Omanbala name in the mud....If there is something you dont know you should ask maka onye ajuju ada efu uzo. Anambra politics is the most sophisticated east of the niger...words on marble!

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 12:34am On Jan 26, 2015
Chai! The Agric Bank I knew during my FGCE days has been transformed.

@spyder880, thanks for the nice pictures. Nna, jisike, Chukwu gozie gi na ezinaulo gi.

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by valboy20(m): 12:43am On Jan 26, 2015
TBH Sullivan Chime was the best thing that happened to Enugu state..

Baba took over from corrupt Chimaraoke and turned here to small London wink cheesy

6 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by cjrane: 12:53am On Jan 26, 2015
OdenigboAroli:

I am very disappointed at this post... Anambra has alot of intelligent individuals who slog it out with one another to the end, unlike Enugu. And this make Anambra politics very competitive,exciting and transparent unlike Enugu where everybody sit around and let their godfathers force a candidate with questionable qualification on them. Seriously,I dont know who Ugwuanyi is running against....Now,are you telling me Ugwuanyi is the best Enugu can present? Thats very embarrassing if you ask me. And the lack of fighting spirit in Ndi Enugu in no way mean they are civilized. In the land of blind men a one eyed man is a hero! Enugu isn't civil,rather they lack zeal.

Secondly,its obvious you know nada about Anambra hence you erroneously assumed Eselu and Oduah are from the same zone. Please,do not drag Omanbala name in the mud....If there is something you dont know you should ask maka onye ajuju ada efu uzo. Anambra politics is the most sophisticated east of the niger...words on marble!

Bro,
I only respond out of respect for you.As i usually ignore people with the unfortunate mindset issues, who attempt in futility to potray one Igbo state as somehow better or more important than another.
I had erroneously thought that Stella Oduah was edged out by Chris Uba.
In any case, as a cornerstone Igbo state, i believe Anambra should have the best representatives at the Federal level, not men in the caliber of Chris Uba. SE zone, already has the disadvantage of having only 15 Senators while every other region of Nigeria has a minimum of 18 Senators or 21 Senators! I am concerned about the character,political astuteness and integrity of these few 15 Senators not just the one representing my village i come from. It's not merely about competently representing "Anambra" alone, but men who see the bigger picture beyond just filling their personal pocket with money. Igbo issues need men who can reason and easily rally together regardless of party affiliation to ensure the Igbo get their due share in Nigeria.

For instance, although you may not know this, for ages, the talk to build a Lagos- Calabar railway line via Onitsha and Enugu had been discussed at all levels of our national development rolling plan since the administration of Alhaji Shehu Shagari. The East-West railway plan had always been to include a railway line incorporated into the 2nd Niger bridge whenever it would be built. Recently, we have observed with dismay the so called "Coastal railway" from Lagos to Calabar which completely takes a completely different route avoiding Onitsha to Enugu route!
Arguing that the "old route" should be maintained will require all the SE senators working in "agreement " with themselves and other sympathetic zones. Now, that is why I'm concerned about who represent the SE states, not just my own little village.

If Enugu plays "quiet politics" and it brings development, then i'm all for it. Bottomline:"Anambra and Enugu bu ofu ! and Umu-nwanne!"
To act and behave otherwise is truly myopic and unbecoming of anyone who wishes Igboland well.

7 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by mufutau55(m): 1:36am On Jan 26, 2015
spyder880:
Abeg, who is behind these funny statues in Enugu roundabouts grin

I hear nothing (Hear No Evil)
I see nothing (See No Evil)
I say nothing... (Say No Evil)

Very nice statue.

Hajji M.

6 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by OdenigboAroli(m): 2:26am On Jan 26, 2015
cjrane:

Bro,
I only respond out of respect for you.As i usually ignore people with the unfortunate mindset issues, who attempt in futility to potray one Igbo state as somehow better or more important than another.
In any case, as a cornerstone Igbo state, i believe Anambra should have the best representatives at the Federal level, not men in the caliber of Chris Uba. SE zone, already has the disadvantage of having only 15 Senators while every other region of Nigeria has a minimum of 18 Senators or 21 Senators! I am concerned about the character,political astuteness and integrity of these few 15 Senators not just the one representing my village i come from. It's not merely about competently representing "Anambra" alone, but men who see the bigger picture beyond just filling their personal pocket with money. Igbo issues need men who can reason and easily rally together regardless of party affiliation to ensure the Igbo get their due share in Nigeria.

For instance, although you may not know this, for ages, the talk to build a Lagos- Calabar railway line via Onitsha and Enugu had been discussed at all levels of our national development rolling plan since the administration of Alhaji Shehu Shagari. The East-West railway plan had always been to include a railway line incorporated into the 2nd Niger bridge whenever it would be built. Recently, we have observed with dismay the so called "Coastal railway" from Lagos to Calabar which completely takes a completely different route avoiding Onitsha to Enugu route!
Arguing that the "old route" should be maintained will require all the SE senators working in "agreement " with themselves and other sympathetic zones. Now, that is why I'm concerned about who represent the SE states, not just my own little village.

If Enugu plays "quiet politics" and it brings development, then i'm all for it. Bottomline:"Anambra and Enugu bu ofu ! and Umu-nwanne!"
To act and behave otherwise is truly myopic and unbecoming of anyone who wishes Igboland well.

I guess you are delving into other matters of eastern economic integration and corporation. Anyway,I was replying just to correct your misconception about Anambra.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by cjrane: 5:26am On Jan 26, 2015

9 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by cjrane: 5:28am On Jan 26, 2015
The Coal city

7 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 5:44am On Jan 26, 2015
I was talking with friends about the surprising choice for Ugwuanyi as the flag bearer for our next governorship elections and someone who knows him very has this to say.

He explained to us that this guy is the most simple minded fellow among the whole contestants, very easy to approach and always with a listening ear for all you have to say. They told me he is down-to-earth and will breach security protocol to approach the masses and hear from them, they say he has a habit of turning up at important places to solve problems, sometimes alone. Others argued that he is too much of a "yes man" , but still others maintained that he is just agreeable but firm. He assured us the guy is someone we will all come to like.

Let us hope for the best.

6 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by OdenigboAroli(m): 6:42am On Jan 26, 2015
Great scenery!

3 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by asha80(m): 7:27am On Jan 26, 2015
cjrane:

Bro,

I think that coastal rail line is actually different from Lagos to east proposed rail line

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by bot101(m): 9:55am On Jan 26, 2015
spyder880:
I was talking with friends about the surprising choice for Ugwuanyi as the flag bearer for our next governorship elections and someone who knows him very has this to say.

He explained to us that this guy is the most simple minded fellow among the whole contestants, very easy to approach and always with a listening ear for all you have to say. They told me he is down-to-earth and will breach security protocol to approach the masses and hear from them, they say he has a habit of turning up at important places to solve problems, sometimes alone. Others argued that he is too much of a "yes man" , but still others maintained that he is just agreeable but firm. He assured us the guy is someone we will all come to like.

I equally heard something similar to that.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by IGBOSON1: 4:12pm On Jan 26, 2015
spyder880:

^^^He's not one of the 'known' House of Assembly members i'll have to admit! Saw him being interviewed on tv some time last year, and was impressed by his well thought out replies to questions, i then wondered why i hadn't heard of this guy before! I think he shares the same attitude as Chime when it comes to shunning the limelight!

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Bishop42: 4:51pm On Jan 26, 2015
Bishop42:
I dont see GEJ losing even if election doesnt hold in 3 south East states.

www.thisdaylive.com/articles/with-5-8m-registered-persons-lagos-tops-states-with-eligible-voters/199345/
I said those ^^because i didnt see the above artice .Now I think There is 50-50 chance of either candidate winining the election.
There is alot of inconsistency in the above link, for example, why would Balyelsa and Borno have such a wide gap in registered voters And why would kano have almost half of its population as registered voters? It that even possible or is it just the lack of will to vote?

My theories:
* Lots of apathy in the SE and SS?
* INEC staffs could be bias
* Father Mbaka effect.
*Lack of will to vote ?

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 4:53pm On Jan 26, 2015
www.nairaland.com/attachments/2066372_9enu_jpeg91d8942933f451144391fd5f941429a5
Thanks to South Africa for providing the people Shoprite(petty shopping mall). The only place that looks a bit recommendable in Enugu. What a third-worldish place indeed! angry angry angry angry angry lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Aliyulukumon: 7:18pm On Jan 26, 2015
all4naija:
www.nairaland.com/attachments/2066372_9enu_jpeg91d8942933f451144391fd5f941429a5
Thanks to South Africa for providing the people Shoprite(petty shopping mall). The only place that looks a bit recommendable in Enugu. What a third-worldish place indeed! angry angry angry angry angry lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
egban e se gbon ba yi no!!! O ga o,opolo ten kobo e o ni!! Haba you are just disturbing yourself here why not create our own yoruba thread with one of our state so we can discuss as this yeebos are doing,I tire for you o,you just want to derail this interesting and envious thread.

13 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 7:39pm On Jan 26, 2015
winniz:

hapu aturu ahu bu chindo, onye ose fotto na enyi ya nwoke obiora izuora aka odenawusaaroli
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by valboy20(m): 12:42am On Jan 27, 2015
along presidential road

3 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by IGBOSON1: 10:39am On Jan 27, 2015
Is there any reason why they leave these roads to accumulate dirt? I thought those motorized road-sweepers were bought for exactly this type of problem.....or are they to be deployed only in the posh/highbrow areas like Independence Layout?

I don't know why one has to shout and beg before these little things are taken care of!

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (342) (343) (344) (345) (346) (347) (348) ... (714) (Reply)

Update on developments in Anambra state-photos / Few Pics From Imo State / Abubakar Shekau, Boko Haram Leader Speaks To BBC Hausa, Enjoys Killing People.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.