Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,736 members, 7,851,537 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 09:52 PM

Enugu, The Pride Of The East. - Politics (380) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Enugu, The Pride Of The East. (1802691 Views)

Nigerian Armed Forces, Pride Of West Africa. / Babangida’s Letter To Bola TINUBU, Does The Letter Expose The Pride Of IBB? / The First Mayor Of Enugu, The Most Politically Important Igbo City, Was A Fulani (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (377) (378) (379) (380) (381) (382) (383) ... (706) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by cjrane: 11:29pm On Jun 06, 2015
omicron:
A tempting solution, but IMO not the best.

This thread is more than Chime.

This thread is an economic, political and developmental think-thank, that far trascends the political dispensation of Chime.

The same way we want continuity in government, let the thread continue into the Era of Ugwuanyi and beyond.
I agree with you that staying in this one thread for Enugu will not waste all the solutions and ideas posted here.This thread is indeed a great resource and it encouraged the idea to set up similar threads for other Igbo states.
Let us then make a pledge to always come here and interact as well as post Enugu related issues so that the thread does not die from inactivity as they planned. Even if they take the thread to entertainment section.

8 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 11:38pm On Jun 06, 2015
Ogene boys

5 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 11:42pm On Jun 06, 2015
Front of GTC, Enugu.

11 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 11:46pm On Jun 06, 2015
It's that time of the year again, do you care for the compliments of the season? grin

12 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 11:52pm On Jun 06, 2015
One of Ike Ekweremadu's projects in his home town.

4 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 12:05am On Jun 07, 2015
omicron:
I really don't think that is necessary. The thread is nothing but political. Seun and his moderators know that. Their decision to move the thread away from Politics is highly political and ill-conceived.

The thread will thrive depending on its location, even though Politics is a much busier and rightful section.

Moreso 90% of comments that perpetuate this thread come from people who already follow the thread.

This issue has been decided before, and seun gave his word that it will remain in Politics section. No thanks to Nairaland data loss, I think the pages where he said that are no longer exixting. But if he is an honorable man, he should remember his words that day and let the thread be brought back.

Anyone who insists this thread is apolitical is just being mischiveous.

Changing its title will play into their mischief.
Afam4eva, please, we need you here...

It baffles me why this thread was singled out, Anambra thread, akwa ibom thread and similar threads are in political section. Why this thread?? Since Nairaland is filled with tribalist and unnecessary tribal war, I rarely post on other threads, this is the only thread that brings me to nairaland. So, if this thread is killed I will have nothing left here than to leave nairaland.

5 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 12:07am On Jun 07, 2015
spyder880:
I don't think that age has anything to do with performance, but how young is our governor, Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi?
I guess mid 40
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 12:14am On Jun 07, 2015
This Abakaliki/Airport road was poorly finished. It's a strategic road, the finishing should have been better than this. angry

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2488491_20150530141041_jpeg6345f400887f456487831de87a375989

5 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by chekasforchekas: 12:15am On Jun 07, 2015
spyder880:
twin duplexes in Trans Ekulu
guy Na oposite my house be this for trans, cbn estate lol

3 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by omicron(m): 6:44am On Jun 07, 2015
spyder880:
I don't think that age has anything to do with performance, but how young is our governor, Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi?
centje:
I guess mid 40

Born March 1964, according to Wikipaedia.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by successmatters(m): 8:26am On Jun 07, 2015
spyder880:

centje:
I guess mid 40

omicron:

Born March 1964, according to Wikipaedia.

add 15 years to it if he was in the civil service, that dude I see up there is at least 79 years OLD. tongue
we should stop voting old ppl to lead the eastern progressive, what happened to young dynamic men that can act and react with zeal?

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by successmatters(m): 8:31am On Jun 07, 2015
centje:
Afam4eva, please, we need you here...

It baffles me why this thread was singled out, Anambra thread, akwa ibom thread and similar threads are in political section. Why this thread?? Since Nairaland is filled with tribalist and unnecessary tribal war, I rarely post on other threads, this is the only thread that brings me to nairaland. So, if this thread is killed I will have nothing left here than to leave nairaland.

anambra state thread and others have been growing in pages with the insults and hate filled exchanges, hundreds of pages of hate filled thrash and faces of bleached out gigolos serving as governors cool

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by successmatters(m): 8:34am On Jun 07, 2015
spyder880:
Ogene boys

when I see these faces, the first thing that came to my mind is marijuana addiction tongue
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by omicron(m): 8:35am On Jun 07, 2015
successmatters:

add 15 years to it if he was in the civil service, that dude I see up there is at least 79 years OLD. tongue
we should stop voting old ppl to lead the eastern progressive, what happened to young dynamic men that can act and react with zeal?
Lol

I doubt he is up to 70. He looks more like one in his late 50s or early 60s
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by successmatters(m): 8:37am On Jun 07, 2015
omicron:
Lol

I doubt he is up to 70. He looks more like one in his late 50s or early 60s

look at the he picture again, he is already hunched up and bent over with age. I still insist that guy is at least 80. Part of the ineffectiveness of Martin Elechi was his old age. Reminds me of Mugabe.

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by successmatters(m): 8:53am On Jun 07, 2015
B2mario:

This is not what we want you to say, he only made his view.
Must u sound like this everytime, you always like to incite division.

The 3,4,5 and 6 storey buildings are seen everywhere in Igboland not only in Onitsha and Enugu. It's seen in Aba, Owerri, Orlu, Umuahia, Abakiliki, Nnewi, Okigwe, Nsukka, Afikpo, Awka, Ohaofia, Mgbidi, Ekwurobia, Orji-river, Oyi Igbo and even in PH.

If you have problem with Abagworo settle it within yourselves, stop looking for a chance to downgrade the respect of the young man on a public forums like this. It's inhumane.

Both of them are empowered to make a nuisance of themselves.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 10:35am On Jun 07, 2015
Latest developments at the Golf course layout. ........ this place is turning out to be a good habitat for the young and upwardly mobile.

8 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by DeCritique(m): 12:18pm On Jun 07, 2015
successmatters:

look at the he picture again, he is already hunched up and bent over with age. I still insist that guy is at least 80. Part of the ineffectiveness of Martin Elechi was his old age. Reminds me of Mugabe.

You're really funny. How can Ugwuanyi be up to 80 years? Seems like you've been in too much contact with old peeps that you now find it hard to differentiate.

Happy Sunday. cool

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by IGBOSON2: 1:38pm On Jun 07, 2015
DeCritique:

You're really funny. How can Ugwuanyi be up to 80 years? Seems like you've been in too much contact with old peeps that you now find it hard to differentiate.

Happy Sunday. cool

^^^Don't mind them!

The guy should be in his mid to late forties......a relative spring-chicken as far as politics in Nigeria is concerned!

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by IGBOSON2: 1:44pm On Jun 07, 2015
spyder880:
Latest developments at the Golf course layout. ........ this place is turning out to be a good habitat for the young and upwardly mobile.

^^^I know i'm expecting too much, but i wish.....hope the internal roads of all these newly opened-up areas are done to exacting international standards: underground drainage; underground cabling for electricity and communications; sidewalks; street lights; trees; and open green spaces or parks!

This is the difference between most of our new estates in the East and those ones you see in Abuja!

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by successmatters(m): 2:16pm On Jun 07, 2015
IGBOSON2:

^^^Don't mind them!

The guy should be in his mid to late forties......a relative spring-chicken as far as politics in Nigeria is concerned!

just take another look at the 'tozo' at the back of his neck grin that one alone can prevent him from signing his signatures correctly on contractor's cheques grin
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by successmatters(m): 2:18pm On Jun 07, 2015
DeCritique:

Happy Sunday. cool

the tozo at the back of his neck is worth twenty thousand naira meat grin
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by OreMI22: 2:40pm On Jun 07, 2015
My People, Why are there no money changers near Enugu airport?

A lot of folks that came home via Enugu complained that unlike Lagos where you could change some dollars or Euro cash close to the airport, in Enugu, such facilities did not exist. I think someone should look into that, even if it is getting a branch of one of the commercial banks to set up a tiny bureau de change close by.

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by OreMI22: 2:44pm On Jun 07, 2015
centje:
This Abakaliki/Airport road was poorly finished. It's a strategic road, the finishing should have been better than this. angry

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2488491_20150530141041_jpeg6345f400887f456487831de87a375989
I agree. The first impression one gets of Enugu and indeed Nigeria once you land at the airport is partly on this road.
This road need to be properly marked, and gutters on both sides to help preserve it in a good condition for a long time.

it should also be swept regularly to keep it clean

7 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 2:55pm On Jun 07, 2015
OreMI22:
My People, Why are there no money changers near Enugu airport?

A lot of folks that came home via Enugu complained that unlike Lagos where you could change some dollars or Euro cash close to the airport, in Enugu, such facilities did not exist. I think someone should look into that, even if it is getting a branch of one of the commercial banks to set up a tiny bureau de change close by.

I think I can do something about this, I have a classmate who runs a bureau de change inside Enugu.

5 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by OreMI22: 3:24pm On Jun 07, 2015
spyder880:

I think I can do something about this, I have a classmate who runs a bureau de change inside Enugu.

Excellent! Thank you very much Spyder!
Please tell them we need help to change into naira right there at the airport.You will want to use naira for some urgent things, including tipping guys helping you, unfortunately you don't have even one naira and you can't give out $100 dollars! Also, selling small handset and SIM card so that we can buy and start communicating with relatives once you land at Enugu airport is a good idea. My brother and my younger sister from UK and USA just arrived Enugu via Ethiopian airlines yesterday. To my amazement, they claimed they could not change money at the airport. So they had a lot of difficulties chattering a taxi to take them to their destination. I was shocked that since 2 years of International airport in Enugu, no place to change dollars and Euro around the airport!

6 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Unemadu: 4:02pm On Jun 07, 2015
centje:

Best way to prevent dust and accumulation of red sand on the roads Is to plant leave shedding trees along the side of the roads. I think this is why ind.layout has less of this problem

4 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Bishop42: 4:30pm On Jun 07, 2015
spyder880:
What if I alter the topic to include something political?

little alteration will do.

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by IGBOSON2: 5:07pm On Jun 07, 2015
OreMI22:

I agree. The first impression one gets of Enugu and indeed Nigeria once you land at the airport is partly on this road.
This road need to be properly marked, and gutters on both sides to help preserve it in a good condition for a long time.

it should also be swept regularly to keep it clean

^^^This is basic bread and butter stuff that one doesn't need to remind the authorities of.....that's if they know their job and are doing it properly!

First impressions to a city count and i don't see why we have to beg before that stretch of road is brought up to standard!
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by OreMI22: 6:17pm On Jun 07, 2015
IGBOSON2:

^^^This is basic bread and butter stuff that one doesn't need to remind the authorities of.....that's if they know their job and are doing it properly!

First impressions to a city count and i don't see why we have to beg before that stretch of road is brought up to standard!
Once you land in Fort Myers Florida, you drive on this road leaving the airport.Just as most of the road into the city is lined with palm trees and immaculately clean. Gives you an impression immediately that the city is a tropical paradise. Having lived there, i can tell you many many poor people live there. But for the first time visitor, you'll always love the place.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by cjrane: 6:56pm On Jun 07, 2015
spyder880:

Since Ethiopian airline arrives at 12:30PM 3 or 4 days a week, He can simply go there between 12PM and 1 PM on those days and hold up a sign at the arrival lounge, no need to build any big shop and pay rent.

6 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 8:58pm On Jun 07, 2015
OreMI22:

Excellent! Thank you very much Spyder!
Please tell them we need help to change into naira right there at the airport.You will want to use naira for some urgent things, including tipping guys helping you, unfortunately you don't have even one naira and you can't give out $100 dollars! Also, selling small handset and SIM card so that we can buy and start communicating with relatives once you land at Enugu airport is a good idea. My brother and my younger sister from UK and USA just arrived Enugu via Ethiopian airlines yesterday. To my amazement, they claimed they could not change money at the airport. So they had a lot of difficulties chattering a taxi to take them to their destination. I was shocked that since 2 years of International airport in Enugu, no place to change dollars and Euro around the airport!

cjrane:

Since Ethiopian airline arrives at 12:30PM 3 or 4 days a week, He can simply go there between 12PM and 1 PM on those days and hold up a sign at the arrival lounge, no need to build any big shop and pay rent.

I spent time talking with a contact who owns a bureau de change in Enugu and he seems to think that setting up shop in the airport might not be profitable for him. In his opinion, the airport is a government owned establishment and operation of businesses there is highly regulated, with legal and illegal charges and taxes before they can allow such business to remain in the airport premises. He likened their business to banking business and asked why its hard for banks to set up there if it will be profitable.

Then again he talked about volume of transactions, in his opinion, travellers who just came into the country will not like to change much cash since they will need to settle into their homes or hotels, so they change smaller amounts like $500 average on landing to take care of small shopping, taxi and hotel accommodation. He is of the opinion that he will make very little with such transactions. Their business is a volume based business with margins of 20 kobo to 50 kobo most times, $500 will be too small to cover his overhead expenses as he explained.

This is what he thinks, since I don't do this business I might not know if he is right or wrong.

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (377) (378) (379) (380) (381) (382) (383) ... (706) (Reply)

Update on developments in Anambra state-photos / Few Pics From Imo State / Abubakar Shekau, Boko Haram Leader Speaks To BBC Hausa, Enjoys Killing People.

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.