Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,895 members, 7,817,630 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:55 PM

Enugu, The Pride Of The East. - Politics (405) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Enugu, The Pride Of The East. (1783244 Views)

Nigerian Armed Forces, Pride Of West Africa. / Babangida’s Letter To Bola TINUBU, Does The Letter Expose The Pride Of IBB? / The First Mayor Of Enugu, The Most Politically Important Igbo City, Was A Fulani (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (402) (403) (404) (405) (406) (407) (408) ... (697) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 4:58pm On Jul 15, 2015
Kcinho:
Enugu lawyer compels EFCC to
investigate Chime

By Francis Igata
ENUGU—An Enugu-based lawyer, Mr. Ray
Nnaji has brought before a Federal High
Court sitting in Enugu, a motion on notice,
seeking an order of mandamus on the
Economic Financial Crime Commission, EFCC,
to investigate alleged gross misconduct and
financial recklessness by the administration
of former Governor Sullivan Chime of Enugu
State.

Joined in the suit are Chime’s sons, Nnamdi
and Tochukwu, his former Chief of Staff,
Ifeoma Nwobodo, his brother, Jide Chime,
sister, May Orji, Enugu PDP state chapter
Chairman, Ikeje Asogwa, and Accountant
General of Enugu State.
Nnaji in a petition to EFCC alleged that,
”Chime misappropriated public funds worth
12.8 billion and forged the supplementary
appropriation law 2012.
“Chime allocated the former Polo park in
Enugu, which is a public property to a South
Africa company owned Shoprite and Games,
a company, Chime has an interest through a
proxy.
“Chime using a proxy, owns substantial
shares or equities in the said South African
company.

“The old Trade Fair Complex in Enugu State
was also partitioned and arbitrarily
allocated to family members and cronies. In
breach of his oath of Office and in abuse
of his office, Chime allocated the old
Eastern Region Industrial Layout, Zik
Avenue, property of Enugu State to a
company fronted by his second son,
Tochukwu Chime without public bidding.
“Chime also in abuse of his office,
arbitrarily allocated to himself and family
members, a substantial portion of Enugu
State Conference centre car park and all
adjoining lands. This land acquisition was
done without invitation to the public to
apply, and the illegally acquired plots of
land have been largely built up by the
governor’s relations, including Nnamdi,
Tochukwu Chime and his younger brother
Jide Chime, while his elder sister, May Orji is
not left out.

“Chime also secretly and fraudulently sold
to himself the Hotel Presidential Enugu,
Enugu State Water Corporation, his private
residence at M9 Independence Layout
Enugu.”
Hearing for the suit is slated for July 16.

He has every right to ask for this investigation.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Kcinho(m): 9:15am On Jul 16, 2015
spyder880:

He has every right to ask for this investigation.
of course.
They should probe the administration and if found guilty, the properties should go to ENSG and not FG. Probably they should be punished accordingly to deter others from doing same.

5 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 1:24pm On Jul 16, 2015
Kcinho:

of course.
They should probe the administration and if found guilty, the properties should go to ENSG and not FG. Probably they should be punished accordingly to deter others from doing same.

Supported. But if he is found innocent, what will be the punishment for the person who sued him, any lawyers in the house?

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 11:13am On Jul 17, 2015
The new commissioners where inaugurated yesterday.

5 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by asha80(m): 11:15am On Jul 17, 2015
kenis:
The new commissioners where inaugurated yesterday.
they seem many

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 11:19am On Jul 17, 2015
While the inauguration was ongoing, work was going on too.

4 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 11:22am On Jul 17, 2015
asha80:
they seem many

I think some house assembly members where in the picture. Commissioners are 24 I think
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 11:24am On Jul 17, 2015
asha80:
they seem many

I think some house assembly members where in the picture. Commissioners are 24 I think
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by asha80(m): 11:24am On Jul 17, 2015
kenis:

24 commissioners? That is danm too much man..does ugwuanyi really know what he is doing?

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 11:40am On Jul 17, 2015
asha80:
24 commissioners? That is danm too much man..does ugwuanyi really know what he is doing?

until you tell me how many commissioners other states have. How many did Chime have?
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by asha80(m): 11:45am On Jul 17, 2015
kenis:

until you tell me how many commissioners other states have. How many did Chime have?
even if chime's own was 24 we know that there is cash issues at the moment and revenue down fall..also if I am not mistaken Enugu owes a substantial amt ofmoney

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by OreMI22: 12:16pm On Jul 17, 2015
asha80:

o'l boy 24? where will the money for physical development come from?
24 commissioners in this era is not a wise use of state funds.

Many new governors are yet to fathom that the crushed oil price and imminent devaluation of the naira will hit the states very badly from the beginning of next year. Wise states should be cutting recurrent expenditure now.

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 12:34pm On Jul 17, 2015
asha80:
even if chime's own was 24 we know that there is cash issues at the moment and revenue down fall..also if I am not mistaken Enugu owes a substantial amt ofmoney

At first, you made it seem as if he increased the numbers of commissioners or as if Enugu's own is way too much in comparable to other states. if this commissioners would make him perform why not we allow him. We Should try to then monitor these commissioners henceforth

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 3:12pm On Jul 17, 2015
Please what building is that?
kenis:
While the inauguration was ongoing, work was going on too.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Unemadu: 3:14pm On Jul 17, 2015
kenis:

At first, you made it seem as if he increased the numbers of commissioners or as if Enugu's own is way too much in comparable to other states. if this commissioners would make him perform why not we allow him. We Should try to then monitor these commissioners henceforth

I'm just interested in knowing education,health, works and hopefully water resources commissioners.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 3:54pm On Jul 17, 2015
Unemadu:

I'm just interested in knowing education,health, works and hopefully water resources commissioners.

........and, are there any commissioners retained from the former administration?
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by AnambraDota: 4:44pm On Jul 17, 2015
Unemadu:

Me too over interested in Industries and Tourism
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 4:56pm On Jul 17, 2015
ifeanyi199555:
Please what building is that?

I don't know the name. All I knew is that it is a new building Chime built inside the government house and that was were the inauguration took place.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by successmatters(m): 4:59pm On Jul 17, 2015
this new governor na slow persin

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 10:23pm On Jul 17, 2015
From my recent research smiley I have found out that our dear AIIA even without commencement of the international terminal, outperforms many major west African airports including the likes of Yaounde International Cameroon, cadjehoun International Cotonou, Lome International Togo, Malabo International and São Tomé International. These are all Country capital Airports where the likes of Air France, Lufthansa and Brussels airways operate from.

I'm sure many are unaware but Lufthansa already connects Lagos with Malabo, as a matter of fact I've been on that flight before.
Yaounde international connects with Douala using Lufthansa too, sadly Malabo international partners with Douala yet again for Air France to Paris. In fact all these airports I mentioned earlier partner with bigger ones for flights to Rurope.

It is up to the airport to market itself and govt to draw carriers in. But not to be worried AIIA has so much potential especially after the new terminal is completed thatairlines cannot ignore! Unless federal govt do some Mago Mago wink.

God willing AIIA can become 3rd busiest airport in Nigeria in terms of passenger volume after Lagos and Abuja by 2018

5 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 10:26pm On Jul 17, 2015
Quick fact: do you know that Akanu Ibiam has out performed Aminu Kano international airport since 2008 in terms of total annual passenger volume?
It goes to show how useless some people are. Even as a local airport Akanu Ibiam was beating Aminu Kano!
Igbo Kwenu!

8 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by IGBOSON1: 2:22am On Jul 18, 2015
ifeanyi199555:
Quick fact: do you know that Akanu Ibiam has out performed Aminu Kano international airport since 2008 in terms of total annual passenger volume?
It goes to show how useless some people are. Even as a local airport Akanu Ibiam was beating Aminu Kano!
Igbo Kwenu!

^^^It would help if you support your assertions with factual proof!
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 3:59am On Jul 18, 2015
IGBOSON1:

^^^It would help if you support your assertions with factual proof!
Feel free to compare and contrast

6 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 5:21am On Jul 18, 2015
ifeanyi199555:

Feel free to compare and contrast

^^^ Now, these are hard facts grin grin grin

10 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by AnambraDota: 7:06am On Jul 18, 2015
SojiAdeola:
^^^^

If we know the real strength and God's given grace to the igbo race, we begin to understand why Ibo's are on of the most successful tribes on planet earth. An average Ibo man is more resourceful than three Hausa men combined. I believe the best thing for the Ibo's is for them to ask for their own existence, and not be 'parasited' by other regions. Also more importantly the Ibos' should learn how to trust themselves, this is even more important than all the problems besieging the Igbo nation.

The best thing for us is gradually relocated to East. I support Biafra but am of that of the mind. Investing in outside Igboland have done Ndigbo no good but evil, they have mistakenly played in the hands of their enemies.

If they should listen and be strategic in their planning and execution.

If ASPAMDA, Alaba and Computer Village found their ways in East, the rest battle have been won.

6 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by lukecent: 8:22am On Jul 18, 2015
Unemadu:

I know a few names, but don't yet know their portfolios cos it wasn't made public that day. But commissioner of education is Dr Godwin Udughele, was a lecturer at Ebonyi state University.
Will supply you with other portfolios later.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 9:52am On Jul 18, 2015
lukecent:

I know a few names, but don't yet know their portfolios cos it wasn't made public that day. But commissioner of education is Dr Godwin Udughele, was a lecturer at Ebonyi state University.
Will supply you with other portfolios later.

I only wish Enugu state has a very good website and a knowledgeable staff manning information dissemination. It will stop us from these information draught.

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by lukecent: 10:16am On Jul 18, 2015
spyder880:

I only wish Enugu state has a very good website and a knowledgeable staff manning information dissemination. It will stop us from these information draught.

I know it has during Dr Chimaroke Nnamani's tenure, you ll agree with me that maintainace is one of the biggest problem in this part of the world

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 11:04am On Jul 18, 2015
lukecent:

I know it has during Dr Chimaroke Nnamani's tenure, you ll agree with me that maintainace is one of the biggest problem in this part of the world

Yes it is. I wonder what it will cost to build and maintain a website for a state government. And there are people chopping free salary at the state ministry of information. .......

3 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by myhobbies(m): 12:55pm On Jul 18, 2015
@Spyder, Are you talking about your own town? have you heard of Ubahu before? I don't know what Nkanu east did to Enugu state gov oo. Can you imagine that the current local gov chairman by name Samuel Iyiogwe is from my town but we don't have good road that leads to my town Ubahu? The little one they did stopped at Owo our neighboring town but we don't have any good road. Go to our place this raining season and you will discover what I am talking about. It is a BIG shame embarassed embarassed embarassed

spyder880:

If an Eha Amufu person that has a college of education can say that his town does not exist in Enugu state, what will a person from Nomeh Unateze say, we that has been abandoned since after the war?

I always tell visitors who are unfortunate enough to come to our place that this place is a different country in a non existent state. I am sure that our local government chairman has never stepped a foot in our town, if he does, he will trek home because his vehicle will be stuck in the mud grin
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 2:57pm On Jul 18, 2015
myhobbies:
@Spyder, Are you talking about your own town? have you heard of Ubahu before? I don't know what Nkanu east did to Enugu state gov oo. Can you imagine that the current local gov chairman by name Samuel Iyiogwe is from my town but we don't have good road that leads to my town Ubahu? The little one they did stopped at Owo our neighboring town but we don't have any good road. Go to our place this raining season and you will discover what I am talking about. It is a BIG shame embarassed embarassed embarassed

Believe me, I know Ubahu, I was there earlier this year and nearly bought a land there for estate development. Ubahu is better than Nomeh Unateze by far. Cars can drive into Ubahu but don't try going to Nomeh Unateze now or else........we arrange a towing van to remove your car from the deep mud. grin grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (402) (403) (404) (405) (406) (407) (408) ... (697) (Reply)

Update on developments in Anambra state-photos / Few Pics From Imo State / Abubakar Shekau, Boko Haram Leader Speaks To BBC Hausa, Enjoys Killing People.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.