Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,395 members, 7,850,410 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 08:43 PM

Enugu, The Pride Of The East. - Politics (459) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Enugu, The Pride Of The East. (1802067 Views)

Nigerian Armed Forces, Pride Of West Africa. / Babangida’s Letter To Bola TINUBU, Does The Letter Expose The Pride Of IBB? / The First Mayor Of Enugu, The Most Politically Important Igbo City, Was A Fulani (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (456) (457) (458) (459) (460) (461) (462) ... (706) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by christejames(m): 4:14pm On Dec 22, 2015
the network is really disturbing... the first one is the new Anglican cathedral..

3 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 4:42pm On Dec 22, 2015
Rossikk:
I am Igbo, but you guys brought this on yourselves. You cannot hate Nigeria and then expect Nigeria to love you. This is something many of you are too dumb and stup.id to understand. You call the country a 'zoo', and insult her nationals at every turn, yet you expect to be treated with decorum and respect. You just lack basic common sense. Ngwa, run off to your Biaf.ra forum. Umu anuofia.
When igbos were not calling Nigeria a zoo, did the situation change?
Are you in any way doubting Nigeria is a zoo?

3 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Rossikk(m): 4:54pm On Dec 22, 2015
InyinyaAgbaOku:

When igbos were not calling Nigeria a zoo, did the situation change?
Are you in any way doubting Nigeria is a zoo?
If Nigeria is a 'zoo', then so is your compound and village, which are forever part of Nigeria. When are you leaving? I'm sure Uganda or Burundi will accept you. 'Zoo', yet you flood all the other regions, abandoning your perfect homeland. Are you sure it's not Igboland that's the zoo?

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Mishelly: 7:14pm On Dec 22, 2015
Rossikk:
What are YOU still doing on a Nigerian forum? You are always negative when you discuss Nigeria. I thought you'd be leading the pack of deluded tribalists off to your Bia.fra forum. You hate Nigeria yet everyday you find your backside on the Nigerian forum. Confused he-goat.

As much as i dont support tribalism and all that. I think ur being a bit too naive. I wonder if u have been around nairalans at all and seen the type of insults and name calling that are being thrown at igbos. People make threads claiming its for the interest of igbos(that arent event igbo) and start accusing igbos of one thing or the other. Even alot of threads about biafra wasn not created by igbos. If your really trying to be fair, do ur judgement right. Igbos face more discrimination in nigeria than any other tribe.

5 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 3:33am On Dec 23, 2015
Everyone can bear witness how igbos and even non igbos, pro and Anti biafrans, were quietly discussing on this thread till Rossikk decided to come in and rain insults. If Igbos here go hay wire, the next topic all over Nairaland would be how igbos insult people

You have not contributed any thing to this thread but you would jump in to insult the poster, liberty300, who expressed his grievances in the most civilised way he could.

If you had not started with insults you would have gotten more meaningful response or reaction

10 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Digitron: 7:55am On Dec 24, 2015
Enugu targets roads, infrastructure with N85bn budget By Kodilinye Obiagwu, South East Bureau Chief on December 24, 2015 5:39 am THE Enugu State Governor, Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi has restated the kernel of his election campaign promise of positive continuity, by building on the developmental framework of the previous administration to enhance the living conditions of the people and in moving the state forward. Presenting the N85,179,449,000 (eighty five billion, one hundred and seventy-nine million, four hundred and forty-nine thousand naira), 2016 Budget, tagged, “Budget of Stability and Consolidation to the State House of Assembly yesterday, Ugwuanyi noted that the main thrust of the budget is in line with the pledge in his inaugural speech, in which he stated his commitment “to employment generation, enhanced social services and good governance, rural development and indeed, security and justice.” Perhaps, in line with his mantra of continuity, that works and infrastructure got the lion share or 49.3 per cent of the budget. The budget, which the governor acknowledged as the lowest in the state in recent years, which is 12 per cent or N11,555,851,000 (eleven billion, five hundred and fifty-five million, eight hundred and fifty-one thousand naira), lower than the 2015 budget of N96,735,300,000, reflects “the current economic difficulties that the nation is passing through, while ensuring the seamless continuity and consolidation of the progressive policies and programmes of government that we promised our people, considering the present macro-economic climate and other prevailing variables, like the realities of revenue inflow from Federal Allocation.” Stated the governor: “ In the area of road construction, we have already keyed-in to the goal of the immediate past administration to make every community in Enugu State accessible by road. In this regard, we will consolidate on the achievements in road construction and rehabilitation by striving to complete all on–going urban and rural roads while new ones will be awarded soonest. By this way, we will enhance rapid socio- economic transformation of the entire State. “It was for this purpose that Ministry of Works and Infrastructure received an allocation of N20.442 billion in 2016 budget representing 49.3 per cent of the entire Capital Budget as against N21.625 billion allocated to the ministry in 2015 budget. This allocation will take care of the on- going urban road rehabilitation at Enugu, Nsukka and other urban areas of Enugu.” In the estimated Recurrent Expenditure N28, 843,291,948 (twenty-eight billion, eight hundred and forty-three million, two hundred and ninety-one thousand, nine hundred and forty-eight naira), or 65.95 per cent of the budget will service personnel costs, including Consolidated Revenue Fund Charges. In the meantime, N6,361,652,177 or 14.55 per cent of the budget for subvention to parastatals and tertiary institutions. Acknowledging that the 2016 budget is the lowest Budget for the State in the past few years, Ugwuanyi urged that “in times like this, we must change our ways of doing things if we are going to take a giant stride and achieve the expected results.

3 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 8:46am On Dec 25, 2015
Merry Christmas to everyone!

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 8:47am On Dec 25, 2015
Meanwhile, Amaechi says the 5 new international terminals will be completed in Dec 2016.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Kagame: 9:38am On Dec 25, 2015
CFCfan:
Meanwhile, Amaechi says the 5 new international terminals will be completed in Dec 2016.

Did he include Enugu?
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by asha80(m): 10:58am On Dec 25, 2015
CFCfan:
not sure I saw Enugu in that list
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Afam4eva(m): 11:06am On Dec 25, 2015
I never even knew Amaechi's wife was from Anambra.

3 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by HopeAtHand: 11:22am On Dec 25, 2015
Mishelly:

As much as i dont support tribalism and all that. I think ur being a bit too naive. I wonder if u have been around nairalans at all and seen the type of insults and name calling that are being thrown at igbos. People make threads claiming its for the interest of igbos(that arent event igbo) and start accusing igbos of one thing or the other. Even alot of threads about biafra wasn not created by igbos. If your really trying to be fair, do ur judgement right. Igbos face more discrimination in nigeria than any other tribe.

Sorry to say, but just about every tribe insults the other. People stereotype you, you stereotype type them back. They insult you, you insult them. The name call you, you name-call call them back. I dnt see where the Igbos have been especially singled out. Everyone insults everyone. Even within a tribe, various clans insults and stereotype themselves. I dnt need to give examples, you should know.

Takking about insults, i find it totally insulting that "biafran" Igbos would draw a map and include ethnicities into it without their consent, without any form of consultation, with total disregard for their sensibilities. It is not right and should be discontinued forthwith.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by igwe123: 11:44am On Dec 25, 2015
Afam4eva:
I really need to see photos of Nsukka urban.
some old pictures i got when i was there

4 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by igwe123: 12:02pm On Dec 25, 2015
Rossikk:
If Nigeria is a 'zoo', then so is your compound and village, which are forever part of Nigeria. When are you leaving? I'm sure Uganda or Burundi will accept you. 'Zoo', yet you flood all the other regions, abandoning your perfect homeland. Are you sure it's not Igboland that's the zoo?
This is a confirmed yoruba pattern of reasoning. stop claiming igbo. It is only in a zoo that certain ppl expect gratitude from their fellow country ppl for deciding to live in any part of the country they wish. ONly a zoo practice state of origin and quota system

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Kagame: 12:33pm On Dec 25, 2015
Afam4eva:
I never even knew Amaechi's wife was from Anambra.

Yes she is.

Her brother is Ferdinand Dozie Nwankwo , who recently won at the courts to represent Anaocha /Dunukofia /Njikoka Federal Constituency (APGA).

They met at the Peter Odilis' , where Amaechi worked as administrative assistant at Pamo clinics in PH (owned by Peter).

4 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Belmot(m): 10:43pm On Dec 25, 2015
CFCfan:
Why is it taking so long to complete?
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by mensdept: 10:52pm On Dec 25, 2015
Belmot:

Thats the question of the day..billions have been released and budgeted from OBJ time. What are the governors/sinators doing about it
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Belmot(m): 11:00pm On Dec 25, 2015
mensdept:

Thats the question of the day..billions have been released and budgeted from OBJ time. What are the governors/sinators doing about it
Stella oduah initiated and started the project with chinese loan from exim bank I think. By now they should be atleast 85% complete but hey this is naija, and don't be suprised if they change the completion date again.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by WIZGUY69(m): 11:12pm On Dec 25, 2015
igwe123:

Afam said Nsukka urban, not forest.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by WIZGUY69(m): 11:13pm On Dec 25, 2015
igwe123:

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Mishelly: 11:35pm On Dec 25, 2015
HopeAtHand:

Sorry to say, but just about every tribe insults the other. People stereotype you, you stereotype type them back. They insult you, you insult them. The name call you, you name-call call them back. I dnt see where the Igbos have been especially singled out. Everyone insults everyone. Even within a tribe, various clans insults and stereotype themselves. I dnt need to give examples, you should know.

Takking about insults, i find it totally insulting that "biafran" Igbos would draw a map and include ethnicities into it without their consent, without any form of consultation, with total disregard for their sensibilities. It is not right and should be discontinued forthwith.

Excuse me but i dont remember referring to you and my comment had nothing to do witg biafra so i dont get why youre telling me all that.

3 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by IPOB123london: 11:41pm On Dec 25, 2015

hopeathand

mind u the rising sun is being in the map for 1000ths and 100ths of year

in fact part of cameroon and elsewhere are part of the rising sun

it is in the ancient map!

but where is your dear country

did lugard respect the wishes of the ancient people in Biafra

u see nl makes us sick by the day

abeg u; u people should just leave us alone

5 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 12:24am On Dec 26, 2015
Belmot:
The contractor has been lackadaisical
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 5:23pm On Dec 28, 2015
Ethiopian airlines may discontinue their Enugu flights if traders continue harassing their flight attendants. I heard that the Igbo traders try to toast them, and grab the bottles of alcohol on the serving tray. shocked
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Afam4eva(m): 7:03pm On Dec 28, 2015
CFCman:
Ethiopian airlines may discontinue their Enugu flights if traders continue harassing their flight attendants. I heard that the Igbo traders try to toast them, and grab the bottles of alcohol on the serving tray. shocked
WTF? Where did they jam the traders? At the airport? Ethiopian airline may look for a better excuse.

3 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by MXrep: 12:01am On Dec 29, 2015
WIZGUY69:

the forests actually add to the beauty.. at least no rusted roofs

6 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by WIZGUY69(m): 8:01am On Dec 29, 2015
MXrep:

Beauty of which place actually?
Beauty of five uncompleted houses? grin
its well wink
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by WIZGUY69(m): 8:01am On Dec 29, 2015
MXrep:

Beauty of which place actually?
Beauty of five uncompleted houses? grin
its well wink

(1) (2) (3) ... (456) (457) (458) (459) (460) (461) (462) ... (706) (Reply)

Update on developments in Anambra state-photos / Few Pics From Imo State / Abubakar Shekau, Boko Haram Leader Speaks To BBC Hausa, Enjoys Killing People.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.