Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,189 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:57 AM

Enugu, The Pride Of The East. - Politics (473) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Enugu, The Pride Of The East. (1786991 Views)

Nigerian Armed Forces, Pride Of West Africa. / Babangida’s Letter To Bola TINUBU, Does The Letter Expose The Pride Of IBB? / The First Mayor Of Enugu, The Most Politically Important Igbo City, Was A Fulani (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (470) (471) (472) (473) (474) (475) (476) ... (698) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Digitron: 11:41am On Jul 08, 2016
INYABA BRIDGE ON-GOING

6 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Digitron: 12:34pm On Jul 08, 2016
OTHER RURAL ROADS

4 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Digitron: 12:36pm On Jul 08, 2016
more...............

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by sirade(m): 12:44pm On Jul 08, 2016
nice one from coal city

4 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Digitron: 1:12pm On Jul 08, 2016
sirade:
nice one from coal city
we are moving slowly but steadily

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by DelGardo: 2:01pm On Jul 08, 2016
Nice. Really nice.

Looks like Gburugburu is waking up.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Afam4eva(m): 2:25pm On Jul 08, 2016
finally, nsukka is getting the attention it deserves.

6 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Unemadu: 5:41pm On Jul 09, 2016
Slowly but surely, just hope the construction is solid.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Unemadu: 5:49pm On Jul 09, 2016
Digitron:
OTHER RURAL ROADS

Potential hit and run right there !!
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Newsi: 9:39pm On Jul 09, 2016
gburugburu is finally working after a 12-month honeymoon.

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Dejohnbull: 10:09pm On Jul 09, 2016
Digitron show us agbani-ugboawka-nara-nkereffi roads and other roads in nkanu east
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 11:00pm On Jul 09, 2016
Also show US awgu local government road and if possible also show us old awgu( orji, aninri, awgu
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by GEJman: 7:55am On Jul 11, 2016
i think its meaningless when roads are constructed without provision for pedestrian walkway.
i dont know why its hard for Governors to be 21st Century compliant.

Good road constructions so far though but i think its important we consider pedestrian walkway in our roads to create walkway and avert accident while walking on the roads.

5 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by signz: 8:26am On Jul 11, 2016
Digitron:
INYABA BRIDGE ON-GOING

Where is this Inyaba bridge located?

I am pleased that the govt are paying salaries and also constructing roads at the same time. It's a luxury in this country today. Regardless of where the projects are located, Gburus is trying.

How about the Enugu investment fair, what are the recommendations? Will Gburus implement them or was it another Jamboree?
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Digitron: 8:39am On Jul 11, 2016
Dejohnbull:
Digitron show us agbani-ugboawka-nara-nkereffi roads and other roads in nkanu east
The govt cant do all the road in one day, i believe those road will be captured in the next phase
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Digitron: 8:43am On Jul 11, 2016
signz:

Where is this Inyaba bridge located?

I am pleased that the govt are paying salaries and also constructing roads at the same time. It's a luxury in this country today. Regardless of where the projects are located, Gburus is trying.

How about the Enugu investment fair, what are the recommendations? Will Gburus implement them or was it another Jamboree?

Inyaba bridge is in Nkanu east, the bridge is designed to make the LGA headquarters accessible from most neighboring communities.
as for the oganiru investment summit, much has not been seen, but i believe alot of discussion is on going behind the scenes

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by ENUGUdefender(m): 8:53am On Jul 11, 2016
Digitron:

Inyaba bridge is in Nkanu east, the bridge is designed to make the LGA headquarters accessible from most neighboring communities.
as for the oganiru investment summit, much has not been seen, but i believe alot of discussion is on going behind the scenes
bro you're doing a good job,abeg spyder880 and other contributors where una run go naw?

3 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Digitron: 9:04am On Jul 11, 2016
GANIVA:
Also show US awgu local government road and if possible also show us old awgu( orji, aninri, awgu
These places will be covered next. below is the roads and other projects that the govt has advertised

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 12:17pm On Jul 11, 2016
Ok thanks but there are many bad roads in awgu town, both sharp bend and the govt should pl dualize some of the road to avoid accident because of the hills there
Digitron:

These places will be covered next. below is the roads and other projects that the govt has advertised
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Digitron: 12:06pm On Jul 14, 2016
[center]Management of Presidential Hotel Enugu denies allegation of invasion by herdsmen[/center]

The investor in the Presidential Hotel Enugu, E-Hospitality, has denied allegations that herdsmen are now grazing at the building site, describing as mischievous, the allegations made by an Enugu based politician. According to a statement made available to Vanguard by Barrister Chuma Anosike, Vice Chairman, Primeview Hotels Ltd, owners of the asset, “The project is delayed because the investors are waiting for the new government to appoint its board representative to the company. “The new government also needs to sign off on the new execution plan because of the foreign currency changes in Nigeria. The third issue is that of the former leasee whose agreement was terminated and had gone to court. “Our attention has been drawn to a publication in the Vanguard Newspaper of 30th June 2016 where a certain Ray Nnaji made comments regarding the status of Hotel Presidential, Enugu, all of which are false, malicious and totally unfounded. “That Primeview Hotels Ltd, being a duly registered title document, is the concessionaire of Hotel Presidential, Enugu and has been in occupation of the property since August 2013. “The property is and has been under the control of our security personnel and at no time since we took possession of the property has the Hotel premises been used by herdsmen for grazing of cattle. This is a most preposterous allegation as a visit to the Hotel Premises will confirm this fact. We also find equally ridiculous the allegation that the Hotel was sold by the immediate past governor, Barrister Sullivan Chime to his ‘crony.’

Read more at: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/07/management-presidential-hotel-enugu-denies-allegation-invasion-herdsmen/
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Digitron: 12:10pm On Jul 14, 2016
3,916 ghost workers discovered in Enugu councils

A total of 3,916 ghost workers have been discovered in Enugu State.

The discovery followed a staff audit conducted in the 17 local government councils in the state.

The audit verified the number of workers employed in all the councils, including teachers.

Governor Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi had, shortly after assuming office, set up an audit panel to verify the workforce of the local councils.

Presenting the panel’s report to the governor on Wednesday, the Speaker, Enugu State House of Assembly, Hon. Edward Ubosi, who headed the committee, said the discovery of the ghost workers had saved the sum of N161.4m from the monthly wage bill of the state government.

Ugwuanyi commended the audit panel for doing a ‘thorough’ job.

He noted that the findings made in the local councils would go a long way in helping the state government in its ongoing effort to track down ghost workers in the state public service.

The audit panel made a total of 26 recommendations for consideration by the state government.

Specifically, the committee recommended the dismissal of all the workers found to have falsified their age, as well as those incapacitated by ill health.

Also, workers employed contrary to the rules of the civil service, and those found to be ‘impersonators’, were penciled down for sack.

However, the panel recommended that more teachers be engaged in the primary schools in the state.

The committee also suggested general posting of local government staff in order to engender discipline in the system.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Digitron: 12:24pm On Jul 14, 2016
[size=8pt]Controversy trails concession, sale of Enugu coal blocks
[/size]
Controversy has trailed the alleged concession or sale of some coal blocks at Enugu Coal Mines in Enugu. This came at a time power generation has not exceeded 3,500 megawatts, MW, for a country with a population of not fewer than 150 million. Before now, Enugu State had claimed that the Bureau of Public Enterprises, BPE, concessioned and sold coal blocks in the state for renewable energy. However, BPE alleged that the sale was stopped by the Ministry of Solid Minerals Development, which denied the allegation, as it insisted that it only gave Coal mine professional advice. According to the Technical Assistant to the Minister of State, Ministry of Solid Minerals Development, Mr. Frank Odom, BPE only was given professional advice by the Ministry over mining assets at Enugu mine. He said, “Since mining assets are not like any other assets our Ministry only gave the BPE professional advise considering the evaluation of moveable and immovable assets including the coal reserve. “There was nothing like stopping the BPE, rather it was cautioned based on expert advice. We as a Ministry cannot stop BPE from going on with their mandate since government has given them the go-ahead”. However, a source at BPE who chose to be anonymous because he was not authorised to speak told Vanguard that there was no sale of coal blocks as alleged by the government of Enugu State.“It is not true that BPE sold coal blocks in Enugu State”, he said. This was corroborated by the Head, Public Communication, BPE, Mr. Yunana Malo, who stated that the process of concession and sale of the coal blocks was in progress. He said, “At no time did the Bureau ever say that it was stopped by the Ministry to concession the coal blocks. “The Ministry rightly said it does not possess the powers to truncate the Bureau’s transactions on the coal blocks. However, the Bureau works with the Ministry as it is a key stakeholder. “The Bureau gets its approvals and guidance regarding all its transactions from the National Council on Privatisation (NCP). “The transaction on the concession of the various coal blocks in Enugu State is in progress and at the due diligence stage. This stage involves visit to the sites, which is currently being delayed because visits cannot be made to the coal sites during the raining season.” Phone calls made to the Enugu State Commissioner for Information were not answered, neither did he respond to the text messages sent to him. Power generation has not exceeded 3,500MW in the last four months as many Nigerians complain of irregular power supply. For some years now, the federal government has signed some agreements with companies who wanted to invest in the Nation’s coal industry, so as to shore up power generation. However, none of such agreements has come to fruition. It will be recalled that the Federal Government stated that its intention was to generate 30 per cent of electricity needed in the country from coal. Consequently, various memorandums of understanding, MoUs were signed by investors. One of such MoUs on coal to power was signed for the development of Ezinmo Coal Block in Enugu and a 1000 megawatts coal power generating plant. The MoU was signed between the Ministry of Mines and Steel Development and HTG-Pacific Energy Consortium for the development of the Ezinmo Coal Bricks. He stated that

Read more at: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/07/controversy-trails-concession-sale-enugu-coal-blocks/
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Digitron: 4:23pm On Jul 26, 2016
INSPECTION OF PRIMARY SCHOOLS UNDER RECONSTRUCTION BY ENSUBEB BOSS, IKEJI ASOGWA

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Digitron: 4:27pm On Jul 26, 2016
MORE

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by SGANIVA(m): 4:43am On Aug 01, 2016
Pl help me, i have a brother that study english in unilag, and have work with lagos state govt before°but couldnt retain his job because of tribalism, pl help me , how to apply for a teaching job in enugu state , pl help a brother•am from obugo community in awgu town awgu local govt (ten years experience in teaching job
Digitron:

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Buchianom(m): 8:58am On Aug 01, 2016
Digitron:
INSPECTION OF PRIMARY SCHOOLS UNDER RECONSTRUCTION BY ENSUBEB BOSS, IKEJI ASOGWA

Nice one from the ENSUBEB boss. He should please also extend his tentacles to Emene, the Airport primary school in mainland was started initially but hasn't been completed till date.

@Oga Digitron.... abeg help us and beg our action governor Gburugburu to come to the rescue of thousands of inhabitants of Sunrise Estate in Mainland Emene; the other side of the estate has no good road and no good transformer for electricity generation till date. The inhabitants there are yet to feel the presence of ENHA & ENSG.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by reducto: 6:40am On Aug 02, 2016
PROUDIGBO:
Pics courtesy of First Bank PLC- Enugu 2012 cultural Festival:

PROUDIGBO
PLS WHERE IS THIS PLACE LOCATED AND WHAT IS IT CALLED? PLS I REALLY NEED TO KNOW.

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by RRoyaId: 6:44am On Aug 02, 2016
Enugu state is working..
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by sCun: 8:20am On Aug 02, 2016
RRoyaId:
Enugu state is working..
So is Imo your favourite state
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by slimthugchimee(m): 6:31am On Aug 03, 2016
GEJman:
i think its meaningless when roads are constructed without provision for pedestrian walkway.
i dont know why its hard for Governors to be 21st Century compliant.

Good road constructions so far though but i think its important we consider pedestrian walkway in our roads to create walkway and avert accident while walking on the roads.
most of the roads in enugu without sidewalks are either inner street roads or expressroads, theres no need for sideways on mostly those express roads because of low pedestrian movenments....
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by slimthugchimee(m): 6:32am On Aug 03, 2016
am missing my state
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by GEJman: 8:27am On Aug 03, 2016
slimthugchimee:
most of the roads in enugu without sidewalks are either inner street roads or expressroads, theres no need for sideways on mostly those express roads because of low pedestrian movenments....

I dont like engaging people who confined their progress to today only without considering the future...With time, the development/infrastructure in Enugu would increase and would lead to more people engaging in one form of business or the other....21st century thinkers should always have a long term plans for whatever project they are embarking on. i can excuse no pedestrain walkway on major HIGHWAYS....Not internal expressroads/minor roads

5 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (470) (471) (472) (473) (474) (475) (476) ... (698) (Reply)

Update on developments in Anambra state-photos / Few Pics From Imo State / Abubakar Shekau, Boko Haram Leader Speaks To BBC Hausa, Enjoys Killing People.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.