Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,490 members, 7,819,778 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:04 PM

Enugu, The Pride Of The East. - Politics (499) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Enugu, The Pride Of The East. (1784948 Views)

Nigerian Armed Forces, Pride Of West Africa. / Babangida’s Letter To Bola TINUBU, Does The Letter Expose The Pride Of IBB? / The First Mayor Of Enugu, The Most Politically Important Igbo City, Was A Fulani (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (496) (497) (498) (499) (500) (501) (502) ... (697) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by nonsobaba: 10:32am On Jun 20, 2017
Nightshift:
Chinchi, we have always been very proud of our heritage. We actually wanted our state to be called Wawa State, but the AFRC named us Enugu State instead. The original request for state creation submitted by Chief C. C. Onoh( God bless his soul)was not for Enugu state.

How could you have known? You were likely a toddler at Okpoko Onitsha, when the coal city state was created! You also, in your poisoned mind, never imagined Wawa as names in other countries. Well, i 'm here to always buttress my points with historical facts and profound analysis, all anchored in truth.
It would have been really nice if it were called Wawa state, so as to properly put you guys in your place.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 10:58am On Jun 20, 2017
ifraudiaa:
enugu ibos are the real ibos other ibos are counterfeits.

Take a chill pill bro.... no one is a counterfeit.

5 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 11:01am On Jun 20, 2017
davear:
@ passion007

We all love our state and the whole essence of this thread is for us to pressurize our state government to do more. Now that we have identified and accepted our past mistakes, and we are on thesame page, my questions are as follows:
1. What serious efforts are our state government, lawmakers and representatives making in other to ensure that the country is restructured?
2. What is the state governments economic plan? and how far have they gone?
3. Is there any PLAN B while we wait for the country to be restructured?
4. What efforts are our technocrats making to ensure that the future structure will not impede our growth like before.

Funny we have thesame sentor representing us, what massive project has Gil Nnaji ever carried out in our district?

Any answer to this?

Cc Pazienza
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by ifraudiaa: 7:17pm On Jun 20, 2017
GloryIsaac:

Take a chill pill bro.... no one is a counterfeit.
the counterfeits i am talking about are anambra agbenu iboes.

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by wawappl: 7:35pm On Jun 20, 2017
Nightshift:
Chinchi, we have always been very proud of our heritage. We actually wanted our state to be called Wawa State, but the AFRC named us Enugu State instead. The original request for state creation submitted by Chief C. C. Onoh( God bless his soul)was not for Enugu state.

How could you have known? You were likely a toddler at Okpoko Onitsha, when the coal city state was created! You also, in your poisoned mind, never imagined Wawa as names in other countries. Well, i 'm here to always buttress my points with historical facts and profound analysis, all anchored in truth.
NO MIND THAT GUY WITH COMPLEX ISSUE
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by kasynlives: 9:28pm On Jun 20, 2017
ifraudiaa:

the counterfeits i am talking about are anambra agbenu iboes.
none of us give a flying fucckk about your rants!!! Nobody takes you serious

3 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by ifraudiaa: 9:32pm On Jun 20, 2017
kasynlives:
none of us give a flying fucckk about your rants!!! Nobody takes you serious
osu ibo leave my post alone.

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nightshift(m): 10:21pm On Jun 20, 2017
wawappl:
NO MIND THAT GUY WITH COMPLEX ISSUE
I only showed him how moronic he is. Obere nwankpi ka o bu!

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 3:46pm On Jun 23, 2017
Anyone calling us Wawa people is praising us. We speak Wawa dialect of the Igbo language and we are proud Wawa people. grin

EEDC office looking good.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by AnambraDota: 5:38pm On Jun 23, 2017
spyder880:
Anyone calling us Wawa people is praising us. We speak Wawa dialect of the Igbo language and we are proud Wawa people. grin

EEDC office looking good.

this is my picture outta of the East, wish they elevated it to atleast 10 floor.

I love Enugu environ, it look like some Eastern and Southern African cities that still maintain their colonial heritages.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 9:01pm On Jun 23, 2017
I told you people to ignore that clown.. He is frustrated
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Digitron: 12:41am On Jun 24, 2017
Gov. Ugwuanyi thinks big for Enugu, as he inspects ongoing State-of-the-Art HELIU Estate

Governor Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi of Enugu State today undertook an inspection tour of the ongoing state-of-the art Estate along Enugu – Port Harcourt Expressway, Enugu, being developed by the state government in partnership with a private firm – FIT Consult Limited to provide a befitting housing for potential residents of the state.
The visit according to the governor, who went round the vast Estate with the company’s officials led by its Chief Executive Officer, Chief Loretta Aniagolu, was to ascertain the extent of work on the Estate with regard to the amenities and facilities being put in place to serve the needs of the people of the state.
After the inspection Gov. Ugwuanyi in his address, expressed satisfaction with the level of “seriousness and commitment” exhibited by the state government’s partners towards the timely delivery of the project, saying that he has no doubt that the venture will go a long way in his administration’s genuine efforts to addressing the housing needs of the people.
He added that the project “further underscores the usefulness of synergy and cooperation between government and the private sector in the quest for the rapid development of the state as well as the improvement of the lives of our people”.
While thanking Dr. Aniagolu and her team for all their efforts, the governor used the opportunity to call on “other individuals and organizations in the private sector, both at home and abroad, to emulate this worthy example and also join hands with government to advance the frontiers of development in Enugu State”.
According to him, “Enugu State is indeed ready and open for business and we will eagerly welcome partners in every sphere of development so that our aspiration to build a more prosperous, peaceful and secure Enugu State will be fully and promptly actualized”.
The Estate according to the CEO of FIT Consult, has 200 units of three-bedroom Bungalows, 490 units of four-bedroom Duplexes and site and services of 487 plots totaling 1,177 homes with the following services - 24-Hour Water Supply; 24-Hour Electricity; paved concrete roads; sidewalks and street lights; parks and greenery; waste management; recreation and security.
On the commercial section, Chief Aniagolu explained that the Estate has an event centre; fitness centre; hotel; hospital, office park; school; shopping mall; neighbourhood shops; recreation club and worship centre.
She also highlighted that the Estate located in Enugu State has the following features and advantages - on highway to five states; direct international flights; Air Peace International Hub (coming soon); supporting State Legislation; 14 Tertiary Institutions; large scale industries among others.

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Digitron: 12:42am On Jun 24, 2017
more pics

souce louis Amoke

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by cjrane: 3:12am On Jun 24, 2017
Digitron:
more pics

souce louis Amoke

Igbos in the north saying there is no house to move into should go and rent some of these now or build their own there. All those excuses won't help you soon.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 2:38pm On Jun 29, 2017
I have said it before and I will keep on saying it, our governors in southeast are the cause of our current situation.

Remember that I have asked here before the plans southeast is making to ensure that the country is restructured but nobody answered, which means there are no plans and our leaders dont even want the country to be restructured.

Just look at what the head of southeast governors forum said:

http://www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2017/06/29/we-dont-
want-restructuring-says-umahi/

Tell me where we are heading. Tell me how our region is going to move forward with this type of leaders.

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 2:46pm On Jun 29, 2017
davear:

Ebonyi ( 2016 IGR- 2billion)
Now thats a whimsical revenue, and to imagine that this state generated 11billion in 2014 makes it look more suspicious. Umahi obviously has some questions to answer with the drastic fall in revenue of his state, while other states were experiencing growths. It even seems like this governor had hired his own media crew to propagate false non-existing half baked projects. They started with an " airconditioned" stadium/event centre, followed by concrete roads (by taking pictures of one road from different angles) and non-existing water projects. Last week a journalist was beaten up for trying to reveal the true state of ebonyi in his facebook profile. To imagine that this state has massive potentials in agricultre and solid mineral developments, one can only wonder what is realy wrong with the present leaders and what the past leaders were doing. This state also has the least literacy rate in southeast yet we cant see any blue print in its educational sector, nor have we heard of any educational related activity from this our salt state

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 2:53pm On Jun 29, 2017
This was what i wrote about ebonyi on june 6.
To imagine that our governors chose this man to represent and lead them tells alot about the way they reason.
How can a man whose state has the least IGR in the country be the chairman of southeast governors forum?
A man who does not know the potentials ebonyi state possess.
A man who commissioned a hall and called it stadium.
Tell me the kind of discussions this man had with the acting president few days back.

Our problems are all "homemade"

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 2:59pm On Jun 29, 2017
The quit notice notherners gave the easterners was an avenue for the southeastern leaders to ginger for restructuring, but they goofed again.

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 3:08pm On Jun 29, 2017
Whoever that voted/chose that man (Gov. Umahi) to represent us needs to apologize to all southeasterners.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 3:18pm On Jun 29, 2017
Is it not obvious that we need restructuring?
This Gov. Umahi openly said he prefers going to abuja to collect revenues rather than generating one for himself.
Does this man know anything about governance.
I am quite certain he spoke the mind of other governors, no brains, no will, no zeal, nothing just wait for month-end to collect national cake and share the money.

If we keep supporting and defending this type of leaders then our problems will be much bigger in the future.

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 3:30pm On Jun 29, 2017
what is wrong with our leaders

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Customer80: 3:52pm On Jun 29, 2017
umahi isn't speaking for south east, he spoke for Ebonyi which I think he doesn't have right to, he can't speak for them alone cos he is not the only leader ebonyi has

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by AnambraDota: 4:05pm On Jun 29, 2017
one thing I discovered about Ebonyi State is that thing they said about slaves being sentimentally attached to their master that if you want to rescue them they will report you to the master.
I thought the assertion above is a beer parlour mouthboff but am realizing its true.

Umahi is crying no private investor is coming into the state but the one that wanted to invest in cement production you people forced him out.

Ebonyi State the way am seeing it might stop being the weeping child of the East but Nigeria.

My eyes are opening small small, the elites in that state behave like Northern Nigeria elites, no wonder.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 4:10pm On Jun 29, 2017
Customer80:
umahi isn't speaking for south east, he spoke for Ebonyi which I think he doesn't have right to, he can't speak for them alone cos he is not the only leader ebonyi has

Are you aware that Umahi is the chairman of Southeast Governors Forum?
Are you also aware that he met with the acting president few days ago. If you check this link http://www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2017/06/29/we-dont-
want-restructuring-says-umahi/ and dot the lines, you will deduce what he told Prof Osibanjo.
How many southeast governors are supporting/pushing for restructuring?
Gov Umahi may not be speaking the mind of the intellingent and well informed ones but as a leader such statements shows the kind of progress we are making.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 4:21pm On Jun 29, 2017
AnambraDota:
one thing I discovered about Ebonyi State is that thing they said about slaves being sentimentally attached to their master that if you want to rescue them they will report you to the master.
I thought the assertion above is a beer parlour mouthboff but am realizing its true.

Umahi is crying no private investor is coming into the state but the one that wanted to invest in cement production you people forced him out.

Ebonyi State the way am seeing it might stop being the weeping child of the East but Nigeria.

My eyes are opening small small, the elites in that state behave like Northern Nigeria elites, no wonder.

You dont need to insult Ebonyi people, the problem is the governor who knows nothing about governance, and his media crew who defend him no matter what.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Customer80: 4:42pm On Jun 29, 2017
Digitron:
Gov. Ugwuanyi thinks big for Enugu, as he inspects ongoing State-of-the-Art HELIU Estate

Governor Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi of Enugu State today undertook an inspection tour of the ongoing state-of-the art Estate along Enugu – Port Harcourt Expressway, Enugu, being developed by the state government in partnership with a private firm – FIT Consult Limited to provide a befitting housing for potential residents of the state.
The visit according to the governor, who went round the vast Estate with the company’s officials led by its Chief Executive Officer, Chief Loretta Aniagolu, was to ascertain the extent of work on the Estate with regard to the amenities and facilities being put in place to serve the needs of the people of the state.
After the inspection Gov. Ugwuanyi in his address, expressed satisfaction with the level of “seriousness and commitment” exhibited by the state government’s partners towards the timely delivery of the project, saying that he has no doubt that the venture will go a long way in his administration’s genuine efforts to addressing the housing needs of the people.
He added that the project “further underscores the usefulness of synergy and cooperation between government and the private sector in the quest for the rapid development of the state as well as the improvement of the lives of our people”.
While thanking Dr. Aniagolu and her team for all their efforts, the governor used the opportunity to call on “other individuals and organizations in the private sector, both at home and abroad, to emulate this worthy example and also join hands with government to advance the frontiers of development in Enugu State”.
According to him, “Enugu State is indeed ready and open for business and we will eagerly welcome partners in every sphere of development so that our aspiration to build a more prosperous, peaceful and secure Enugu State will be fully and promptly actualized”.
The Estate according to the CEO of FIT Consult, has 200 units of three-bedroom Bungalows, 490 units of four-bedroom Duplexes and site and services of 487 plots totaling 1,177 homes with the following services - 24-Hour Water Supply; 24-Hour Electricity; paved concrete roads; sidewalks and street lights; parks and greenery; waste management; recreation and security.
On the commercial section, Chief Aniagolu explained that the Estate has an event centre; fitness centre; hotel; hospital, office park; school; shopping mall; neighbourhood shops; recreation club and worship centre.
She also highlighted that the Estate located in Enugu State has the following features and advantages - on highway to five states; direct international flights; Air Peace International Hub (coming soon); supporting State Legislation; 14 Tertiary Institutions; large scale industries among others.
This is lovely, congratulations to Ugwuanyi and Aniagolu for the development

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Digitron: 2:23pm On Jul 02, 2017
ENUGU GOVT. AWARDS CONTRACTS FOR MORE DEVELOPMENT PROJECTS TO OPEN UP RURAL AREAS

Enugu State Government has approved the award of contract for the construction of Agbani-Afor-Amurri road in Nkanu West [/b]Local Government Area by Ambeez Services Limited at the total sum of two hundred and forty million, four hundred and fifty five thousand, seventy eight naira twenty kobo (N240,455,078.20).

Also awarded was the construction of the [b]Nkanu East Local Government Area Headquarters section of the intractable Amechi-Idodo –Amauzam Amagunze road to Arab contractors Nigeria Ltd
at the total sum of forty million, seventy two thousand, nine hundred and fifty three naira thirty eight kobo only (N40,072,953.38) because of the nature of the area's soil texture.
The approvals were part of the decisions taken at the State Executive Council meeting held yesterday at the EXCO Chambers, which was presided over by Governor Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi.

Briefing newsmen after the meeting, the Commissioner for Information, Dr. Godwin Udeuhele, said that the decisions was in line with the state government's vision to continue to open up the rural areas, give the dwellers a sense of belonging and increase improved agricultural project in the areas.
The commissioner outlined other approvals of the Council to include the payment of two hundred and forty million, nine hundred and eighty seven thousand, twenty eight naira sixty eight kobo (N204,987,028.68), covering all the outstanding payments to Setraco Nigeria Limited.
The breakdown of the payments include one hundred, and eighty five million, two hundred and thirty thousand, six hundred and forty one naira, thirty kobo (N185,230,641.30) of certificate number eight in respect of the rehabilitation of major roads in Enugu Urban such as Abakaliki dual carriage way, Ogui/Fire Service dual carriage way and rehabilitation of New Haven roads (Chime Avenue), and nineteen million, seven hundred and fifty six thousand three hundred and eighty nine naira (N19,756,389) of the final payment certificate number four to Setraco Nigeria Limited to enhance good business relationship with them.
The Government spokesman also informed journalists that the council approved the award of contract for the external work at the Enugu State Medical Diagnostic Centre, Enugu to Ambeez Services Limited at the contract sum of two hundred and thirty three million, two hundred and eighteen thousand, two hundred and sixty two naira eighty one kobo(N233,218,262.81).
He said that “this external work will complete the general improvement of the Diagnostic Centre, and give the entire premises a facelift befitting the status of the centre”.
He enumerated other approvals of the Council to include the full implementation of inclusive educational policy at the Special Education Centres at Oji River and Ogbete, Enugu to ensure the training of the physically challenged and healthy children in the same learning environment for better integration in the society after schooling, starting from 2017/2018 academic session.
This according to the Commissioner wil enhance the opportunities of the physically challenged children trained there to transit to junior secondary school.
This, he added, will help "to promote social skills development of these children, and reduce the suspicion gap between these two categories of peers".
The Exco spokesperson, said that the Council had in the meeting also approved the bill for a law to provide for the establishment of the Enugu State Debt Management Office and for other matters connected therewith and after that forward same to the Enugu State House of Assembly for legislative action.
Explaining further on the issue, the Attorney General and Commissioner forJustice, Enugu State, Mr. Melitus Eze, said that “the debt management office will enable the state to ascertain its credit worthiness and advise it accordingly if contrary”.
The Council in the meeting also approved the release of thirty nine million, one hundred and seventy two thousand, three hundred and seventy eight naira eighty kobo(N39,172,378.80) to enable the School of Public Health Nursing (Health Technology, Nsukka) carry out its accreditation exercises in order not to lose its accreditation status and the consequences therein, with “the things needed such as the completion of abandoned buildings in the school, auditorium, more classrooms, provision of E-Library, skills laboratory, water supply, among others”.

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Customer80: 3:00pm On Jul 02, 2017
Ifeanyi ugwuanyi may turn out to be the best governor of enugu state since 1999

I appreciate his effort in given democracy dividends to ndi wawa

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Cooly100: 4:02pm On Jul 02, 2017
Digitron:
more pics

souce louis Amoke

Why can't the state government play their part in tarring all the estates they are involved in? Is it too difficult to get loans...?
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Ogbuefi2020: 11:10am On Jul 03, 2017
Ogige Main Market Nsukka. This market is probably as large as Ogbete Enugu

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 6:14pm On Jul 03, 2017
ANSIPPA website is still being developed, all the links are not working including contact page and others. Even the texts in some body pages are Lorem Ipsum generated texts.

ABS has the best and most functional website now because they have inhouse ICT team that update the site constantly and improve on the images, most importantly their site is mobile compatible.

Anambra state government website need complete overhaul by the ministry of Information, then another issue we are facing here is the use of the governor's face in state projects.
When he came newly he commissioned for a logo for the state but recently the logo have been relegated to the background and the governor's face adorning everywhere.

SE governments are run like some Igbo businesses, they don't invest in marketing communications, media and public relation management.
Check Innoson's website and weep, ANNAMCO don't even own website yet.

Many companies in East lack online presence and I don't know why they are shying away from it.

Stella Oduah used to bombard me with text messages and even requested for my friendship in FB, today nothing again.

Could you imagine that Smile Communications own by Igbos have offices in Lagos, Ibadan, Port Harcourt and last week opened in Abuja yet none in SE.

The reason is attitude, most of us writing here don't even live in igboland yet we want things to be done our ways, how many times have you make out time trying to connect with government aids when the governor himself is very difficult to be reached.
This morning alone I have tweeted to Obiano, I have tweeted to Anambra state government yet they can't even acknowledge your tweet or show concern about your passion.

The issue is that Nigeria political class is pedestrian in administrative know how. People like Obiano who stayed in the US but still construct roads with open gutters and drainages. People like Ikpeazu whom we heard was the ASEPA deputy director but couldn't evacuate heaps of refuse in Aba.
Did Chime lived outside Igboland to know he will construct gutters with sidewalks and closed drainages @ Afam4eva ?

Visit our universities with departments in many fields and see how ugly the system is.

Do you know that a school in Enugu is supposed to have organized a business tour of the state and present the tourist potentials of the state as well as how to harness the numerous opportunities to the government.

What about Anambra State, don't you think a team of students lead by lecturers in some departments should have explore how to exploit the potentials of Onitsha Waterfront and give their findings to government.

This is why if all these uselesss and stupiid civil servants are complaining of receiving poor treatment from government I will back the government that these docile civil servants are not doing anything. They are just paid to be idle, read newspapers, gossip and carry placards on MayDay for pay rise.

I saw how a sculpture piece in Creek Road by Niger Street Onitsha is being covered in weeds and dirty posters, yet the LG headquarters is the next street. Go to stadium in Onitsha and see how Keke and Okada mechanics have turned the stadium compound to workshops yet Stadium workers do come to work everyday and get paid every month doing nothing.

Infact you guys will be unlucky the day I will be an administrator.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (496) (497) (498) (499) (500) (501) (502) ... (697) (Reply)

Update on developments in Anambra state-photos / Few Pics From Imo State / Abubakar Shekau, Boko Haram Leader Speaks To BBC Hausa, Enjoys Killing People.

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.