Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,207 members, 7,815,210 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:03 AM

Enugu, The Pride Of The East. - Politics (496) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Enugu, The Pride Of The East. (1782001 Views)

Nigerian Armed Forces, Pride Of West Africa. / Babangida’s Letter To Bola TINUBU, Does The Letter Expose The Pride Of IBB? / The First Mayor Of Enugu, The Most Politically Important Igbo City, Was A Fulani (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (493) (494) (495) (496) (497) (498) (499) ... (697) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by igwebuike01: 4:13pm On May 30, 2017
Enough of the distractions, back to business. Photos of Enugu democracy day yesterday

5 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by kherington: 4:14pm On May 30, 2017
agadez007:
so the best way you could profer help is by further dividing em to "enugu ibo" and "ogbanje anambra thug"
the ogbanje anambra thugs i was talking about are those with inferiority complex those ogbanjes jump from one non amambra thread to the other pulling down other ibios.

are you from enugu i miss avacha wawa and opa i wish somebody can send avacha and opa to me

3 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by igwebuike01: 4:15pm On May 30, 2017
More

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by igwebuike01: 4:45pm On May 30, 2017
Ex-Enugu governor, Nnamani, ditches PDC, returns to PDP
Published May 29, 2017
Ihuoma Chiedozie, Enugu

Indications emerged on Monday that a former governor of Enugu State, Chimaraoke Nnamani, has returned to the Peoples Democratic Party.

Nnamani governed Enugu from 1999 to 2007, and also represented Enugu East senatorial district at the National Assembly between 2007 and 2011 on the platform of the PDP.

But differences with his successor, Sullivan Chime, forced him to leave PDP in 2011.

He thereafter joined the People for Democratic Change, a party he founded.

Nnamani used the PDC platform for his senatorial bids in 2011 and 2015, but on both occasions, he lost to a PDP candidate, incumbent senator, Gilbert Nnaji.

Nnamani’s return to PDP coincided with the time his ‘political foe’, Chime, left the party for the All Progressives Congress.

Chime, Enugu State governor from 2007 to 2015, defected to APC after declaring PDP ‘dead and buried’.

There were speculations that Nnamani would follow the example of some prominent Enugu politicians by yet moving to the APC.

A former governor of the old Anambra State, Jim Nwobodo; a former Senate President, Ken Nnamani; Chime, and a former Speaker of Enugu State House of Assembly, Eugene Odoh, are among former PDP stalwarts in the state who have found their way to APC in recent times.

However, it was gathered on Monday that Nnamani has again registered as a PDP member at his ward in Ojiagu Agbani, in Nkanu West Local Government Area of Enugu State.

PDP chairman in the ward, Mr. Uwa Nnamoko, confirmed Nnamani’s return to the party.

“Your information is correct, Nnamani has returned to PDP.

“He has officially registered with us, we are happy he is back,” Nnamoko said.

It is expected that the former governor will resume his bid to return to the Senate, on the ‎platform of the PDP, in 2019.
http://punchng.com/ex-enugu-governor-nnamani-ditches-pdc-returns-to-pdp/
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 8:51pm On May 30, 2017
Chimaroke don Waka o.
Hahahahaha
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Afam4eva(m): 8:57pm On May 30, 2017
InyinyaAgbaOku:
Chimaroke don Waka o.
Hahahahaha
Lol grin I don't know what some Igbo politicians are looking for up and down. Especiallt those from Enugu because i don't see what they want to achieve with another party in a PDP dominated state. Even APGA that a lot of Igbos have soft spot for have not been able to win Enugu let alone and obscure and unknown party.

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by igwebuike01: 9:14pm On May 30, 2017
Afam4eva:

Lol grin I don't know what some Igbo politicians are looking for up and down. Especiallt those from Enugu because i don't see what they want to achieve with another party in a PDP dominated state. Even APGA that a lot of Igbos have soft spot for have not been able to win Enugu let alone and obscure and unknown party.
Sullivan chased Chimaroke out of PDP, you can see that his return is now that Sullivan is out of PDP. We hope he rebuild his Ebeano political movement which Sullivan collapsed and make it strong like the Kwankwasiyya movement in Kano. I believe he will work better with Ugwuanyi because they are both core politicians unlike sullivan
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Afam4eva(m): 9:26pm On May 30, 2017
igwebuike01:

Sullivan chased Chimaroke out of PDP, you can see that his return is now that Sullivan is out of PDP. We hope he rebuild his Ebeano political movement which Sullivan collapsed and make it strong like the Kwankwasiyya movement in Kano. I believe he will work better with Ugwuanyi because they are both core politicians unlike sullivan
Does this say something about we Igbos though.

In Enugu, Jim Nwobody helped make Chimaroake governor after which Chima abandoned him. Cgimaroake helped make Sullivan, sullivan abandoned him and he left the part. Sullivan helped Ugwuanyi and the same thing happened. Sullivan is now in APC.

In Anambra, Peter left APGA, a party that he used in installing Obiano.

In Abia, Orji Uzor Kalu made Theodoore Orji governor and was abandoned.

The list is endless...So, i'm not sure we can have anything similar to the Kwankwasiyya movement in Kano.

3 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by IgboAmakaa(f): 9:29pm On May 30, 2017
kherington:

the ogbanje anambra thugs i was talking about are those with inferiority complex those ogbanjes jump from one non amambra thread to the other pulling down other ibios.

are you from enugu i miss avacha wawa and opa i wish somebody can send avacha and opa to me
y

Afonja zuzu out from dis place idiot

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by igwebuike01: 10:22pm On May 30, 2017
Afam4eva:

In Enugu, Jim Nwobody helped make Chimaroake governor after which Chima abandoned him. Cgimaroake helped make Sullivan, sullivan abandoned him and he left the part. Sullivan helped Ugwuanyi and the same thing happened. Sullivan is now in APC.

The list is endless...So, i'm not sure we can have anything similar to the Kwankwasiyya movement in Kano.
kwankwaso has also been abandoned by the new governor and his kwankwasiya is being clamped down. no society is perfect.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 6:15am On May 31, 2017
Remembering Willie Onyeabor.

This great son of Enugu state passed on this year, and has been laid to rest last weekend, at his compound at Amodu Awkunanaw. I remember his songs when he was a musician, I was a little child then but his songs ruled the airwaves. I also remember he made a transition and became an industrialist in his younger years, manufacturing food items like "Catapult vita" and "Catapult lina" to compete with Semovita and Semolina which was the then popular brand in the markets. He later became a politician, traditional ruler, and an evangelist.

Great man, naa n' udo.

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 6:24am On May 31, 2017
Some more pictures from the flag off of the rural road projects attracted by our great senator, Ike Ekweremmadu.

First picture is Arab contractors management team present at the flag off

Second picture shows the traditional rulers of Nenwe, Oduma, Nomeh, Mburubu and Nara.

Third picture is Oduma people in solidarity with the senator.

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by passion007: 6:41am On May 31, 2017
spyder880:

This great son of Enugu state passed on this year, and has been laid to rest last weekend, at his compound at Amodu Awkunanaw. I remember his songs when he was a musician, I was a little child then but his songs ruled the airwaves. I also remember he made a transition and became an industrialist in his younger years, manufacturing food items like "Catapult vita" and "Catapult lina" to compete with Semovita and Semolina which was the then popular brand in the markets. He later became a politician, traditional ruler, and an evangelist.

Great man, naa n' udo.

Willie Onyeabor, fantastic man!
Did you know Apple used his song as the soundtrack on one of their adverts? This is a big deal as I don't think any Nigerian, or even African song has been previously used to advertise a brand both premium and international as Apple.
Rest in peace, fantastic man. You made good, timeless music.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hcMSrKi8hZA

3 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by kherington: 11:36am On May 31, 2017
IgboAmakaa:
y

Afonja zuzu out from dis place idiot
tu madre

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 12:53pm On May 31, 2017
Afam4eva:

It didn't say anything about Igbo but
A. Politicians
B. Any group that doesn't do godfatherism
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 12:56pm On May 31, 2017
spyder880:

Great man, naa n' udo.

Higher higher higher higher higher. ....Higher!

When the going is good and smooth. ...

He made our childhood and our parents youth.

The beats.. ..

3 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 5:51am On Jun 02, 2017
This is an Enugu state government property development project in partnership with a private property company, Heliu residences. The site is overlooking the Enugu centenary city entrance and construction works has started for some buildings here. You might want to google it and find out more about how you can get a piece of the cake, this is right on the Enugu-Port Harcourt express, also near the the main independence layout.

6 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Bowlexzy(m): 5:00pm On Jun 06, 2017
Hello, I am Samuel Bolu; Freelance computer technician, product manager, web content strategist and social media manager. I have worked with eCommerce companies and also small medium enterprise to help manage and monitor their sites. So do you want to start selling your products on Konga, Jumia, Bargainmaster, SME Markethub etc or you need your products on your site? Or are you new to e-commerce? And you need help registering and uploading your products? With marketing that increases sales? I am Looking for brilliant and exciting idea to help product manage. If you are running an e-commerce company, contact me if you need a product manager and management help. 07035943189 or 08154326177

https://www.nairaland.com/3844154/need-web-content-strategist-e-commerce
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by christejames(m): 1:04pm On Jun 07, 2017
spyder880:
This is an Enugu state government property development project in partnership with a private property company, Heliu residences. The site is overlooking the Enugu centenary city entrance and construction works has started for some buildings here. You might want to google it and find out more about how you can get a piece of the cake, this is right on the Enugu-Port Harcourt express, also near the the main independence layout.

when are we going to get updates on the centenary city project or is the project stalled already? ...i hope Heliu estate will replicate what the have as prototype or rendering.
Thanks Bro.

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by SGANIVA(m): 3:28pm On Jun 07, 2017
oga spider, pl can you gove us update about the centenary city , abandoned ?
spyder880:

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by ifraudiaa: 9:14pm On Jun 08, 2017
enugu igbos are peace loving.

I like enugu igbos

together we will make nogeria great.

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by lukecent: 9:42pm On Jun 08, 2017
kherington:

Okpa can be sent to you if u need it contact me

3 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by kherington: 8:13am On Jun 09, 2017
lukecent:

Okpa can be sent to you if u need it contact me
Benlamode at facebook or benodey
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by lukecent: 12:39pm On Jun 09, 2017
kherington:
Benlamode at facebook or benodey
What's ur profile picture? Or u can inbox me @ Luke Novakane (Facebook)

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 4:08pm On Jun 09, 2017
Before Ugwuanyi took over from Sullivan Chime, the IGR of Enugu state between 2013-2014 was 19billion but by 2016-2017 it has dropped to 14billion, while at thesame period the IGR of Ogun state rose from 18billion in 2013-2014 to 72billion by 2016-2017. There is no other person to blame than Ugwuanyi who has failed to attract or develop investment opportunities in Enugu state. Right now Enugu cannot compete with kaduna and kano states in terms of IGR. Funny enough when you highlight these problems online, his media crew, kinsmen and 042 faithfuls will attack you, you can confirm that in Enugu threads/forums.

4 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 4:12pm On Jun 09, 2017
Why did our IGR drop whereas the IGR of Abia Anambra Kaduna Kano Oyo Kebbi Kwara and Crossriver states all increased within thesame period?

Why is the Governor not attracting foriegn Investments to the state?

Why is the governor not attracting/promoting local investments?

3 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 4:27pm On Jun 09, 2017
You people just upload pictures of petty projects while the leaders steal our money. Other states are into massive projects that will benefit thier people.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 4:32pm On Jun 09, 2017
All we do is leave our state/region and come back during easther and christmas period.
Our best brains are working in Lagos Portharcourt and Abuja, and we are doin nothing about it.
We suffer from human capital flight and nobody is concerned.

The leaders just hire his media crew to promote him online.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 4:37pm On Jun 09, 2017
Lets tell ourselves the truth, our rate of development is very slow.
Why do we settle for peanuts?
Why contruct roads with open drainages and no pedestrian side walks in this era?
Why collect 50PERCENT kickback when you award contracts?
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 4:43pm On Jun 09, 2017
The eastern region was known for palm produce in the 1960s and 70s, what is happening now? currently red oil is very expensive demands cannot be met

Why do we have to export palm produce? when we can process it into finished goods like creams soaps gels etc.

why cant we have large farms in each senatorial districts that can curb the rising price of foodstuffs in themarket.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 4:53pm On Jun 09, 2017
please nobody should blame FG, becuase onye akporo asi anaghi akpo onwe ya asi. onyeajuru aju anaghi aju onwe ya.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 4:58pm On Jun 09, 2017
what is this governors intrest in PRODA and science and technology.
why cant the leaders find a way to support local auto industries, so they can produce tractors and other mechanized farming tools for large scale farming.

why cant our leaders support innoson and ANAMCO to produce this basic things for our locak use.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (493) (494) (495) (496) (497) (498) (499) ... (697) (Reply)

Update on developments in Anambra state-photos / Few Pics From Imo State / Abubakar Shekau, Boko Haram Leader Speaks To BBC Hausa, Enjoys Killing People.

Viewing this topic: Jamestown123

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.