Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,379 members, 7,812,106 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:19 AM

Enugu, The Pride Of The East. - Politics (551) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Enugu, The Pride Of The East. (1780629 Views)

Nigerian Armed Forces, Pride Of West Africa. / Babangida’s Letter To Bola TINUBU, Does The Letter Expose The Pride Of IBB? / The First Mayor Of Enugu, The Most Politically Important Igbo City, Was A Fulani (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (548) (549) (550) (551) (552) (553) (554) ... (697) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Doublecheck: 10:50am On Apr 17, 2018
Cooly100:

This post is not good. I condemn it. We should talk more on how to improve our region. Onitsha and Aba are coming up very well. There is no point for people to use derogatory words to describe them. There are slums everywhere. Even Lagos with trillion budget has Makoko Yaba which is worse than anything you can see in the east. Please lets stop this trend, reconcile and move on. As per the issue at the senate, Ohaneze should do their work in bringing their members together.
Thank you, Ofodirinwa gave trolls a reason to derail this thread and take fresh shots at causing Igbo disunity.

When I first read the post I politely contacted him telling him he was wrong and could have passed his message without name calling or denigrating and part of Igboland, instead of doing the right thing by editing his post he called me names and said i was being sentimental.

The person i quoted even claimed there was nothing wrong with such statement and that sentimental people like myself should deal with it. How sad, Igbo's, we are our own problem.

As for Anambra oil status in the senate I wouldn't go there that would heat this thread up even further, however all I can say is that the average Igbo man is self centered and selfish and that's what played out in the senate and to make it worse we have non visionary politician's in the SE.

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by mbagideon(m): 10:51am On Apr 17, 2018
NonsoWow:
The only place you have large number of industries in Igboland is Anambra state (mostly Anambra-owned) and Abia state( mostly foriegn-owned with handful of Anambra-owned). If you are waiting for industries in wawaland, you may grow grey hair because Anambra people no longer go to wawa territory to invest seeing how much wawa people hate Anambra. And wawa laziness won't allow them to build industries either.
okay up anambla angry
NonsoWow:
The only place you have large number of industries in Igboland is Anambra state (mostly Anambra-owned) and Abia state( mostly foriegn-owned with handful of Anambra-owned). If you are waiting for industries in wawaland, you may grow grey hair because Anambra people no longer go to wawa territory to invest seeing how much wawa people hate Anambra. And wawa laziness won't allow them to build industries either.
okay up anambla
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Igboid: 10:54am On Apr 17, 2018
BeijinDossier:
You have not made any point but running from pillar to post. If this senator were to be from Anambra, I am very sure that your tone would have been different, you would have been more direct to where he comes from. But see you now running around helplessly trying to at least say something. cheesy

Please discuss the Enugu senator's action and it's implication to the development of the SE. I didn't ask you to tell me about political jobbers. I hope you know that in the 7th senate, Ayogu Eze equally did a similar thing and stood on the way. Is it a case of repeatedly hating on your fellow Igbo even at the governmental level?

Ayogu did it and now Utazi has continued from where he stopped. Please discuss. cool

Lol

Have you even taken time to ask where I'm from? grin

Nwanne, parkia one side.

Utazi and Ayogu are no different from Asika and Ifeajuna.

They are all agents of Nigeria controllers.
They serve their masters, and not Ndiigbo.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by BeijinDossier: 10:57am On Apr 17, 2018
Tell me about Asika and Ifeajuna, please. Uwa ntooor cheesy

Igboid:

Lol

Have you even taken time to ask where I'm from? grin

Nwanne, parkia one side.

Utazi and Ayogu are no different from Asika and Ifeajuna.

They are all agents of Nigeria controllers.
They serve their masters, and not Ndiigbo.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Doublecheck: 11:03am On Apr 17, 2018
Igboid:

Ofordinwa post was wrong, but we know that there are better ways it could be corrected without seeking to cause Igbo disunity here.
The monikers that you are defending, are known for their anti Igbo unity posts, they are not Igbos, they are fifth columnists, hiding behind Anambra as a Trojan horse, to infiltrate and decimate the Igbo camp, they have been looking for means to enter and scatter the unity we are building here, Ofordinwa post simply gave them a platform to gain a foothold and unleash their agenda here.

I don't know you, but you should do well to investigate the anti Igbo activities of the monikers you are defending, don't be that naive.
I simply want Ofodirinwa and his cohorts to understand that there is never a good reason to call any part of Igboland names. He has to apologize for such unhealthy statement that has cause tension on this thread.

As for Chino we all know he is not Igbo same with yyeske however that's why I don't bother about whatever trash both monikers spews, however when such trash comes from real nwafors then e done pass be careful and the hand shake has passed the elbow.

Frankly, if one is to go by the nonsense Ofo wrote then one might tend to agree with chino and yyeskke that there is some kind of hate towards Ndi Anambra, cause there was no need for such remarks in the first place.

Ofo apologize to ndigbo on this thread, if you have any dignity or love for your people and don't harbor hate towards any part of Igboland.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by BeijinDossier: 11:07am On Apr 17, 2018
..and you wonder why I hate Igbos outside Anambra. These guys are full of hate and bitterness towards Anambra and it's people. It is not only happening at the online level but it has since been elevated to the governmental level. We must return the hate to them by all means necessary.

Hear Sen. Ayogu Eze in 2014. cheesy

Also Senator Ayogu Eze expressed opposition to the bill, explaining that Jonathan had admitted that he made the pronouncement ascribed to him by Uba in a haste.

http://newtelegraphonline.com/senate-rejects-bill-to-recognise-anambra-as-oil-producer/

Hear Sen. Utazi's comment in 2018

Mr Utazi condemned the announcement, saying the status of Anambra as oil producing state is still being looked into.

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/264809-senators-trade-words-over-oil-producing-status-of-anambra-kogi-states.html

Igbo unity and integration nonsense. Our fellow Igbos knows that the oil is in Anambra why can't they support their Anambra colleagues in the senate but rather they joined outsiders against their own brother. cheesy

Make I hear anybody wey go talk Igbo unity here again. All I am doing is awakening and re-awakening our brothers/sisters to see the real enemies. They are neither Hausa nor Yoruba. Uwa ntooor cheesy
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by mbagideon(m): 11:19am On Apr 17, 2018
BeijinDossier:
..and you wonder why I hate Igbos outside Anambra. These guys are full for hate and bitterness towards Anambra and it's people. It is not only happening at the online level but it has since been elevated to the governmental level. We must return the hate to them by all means necessary.

Here Ayogu Eze in 2014. cheesy

Sen. Utazi's comment in 2018

Igbo unity and integration nonsense. Our fellow Igbos knows that the oil is in Anambra why can't they support their Anambra colleagues in the senate but rather they joined outsiders against their own brother. cheesy

Make I hear anybody wey go talk Igbo unity here again. All I am doing is awakening and re-awakening our brothers/sisters to see the real enemies. They are neither Hausa nor Yoruba. Uwa ntooor cheesy
very good you know your enemies now right
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by BeijinDossier: 11:21am On Apr 17, 2018
If I lay my hands on chemical weapons you knew where I had headed. One day these things will go offline, trust me on that. You will read it someday in the dailies. We are creating the awareness in the cyberspace already. cool

mbagideon:

very good you know your enemies now right
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by mbagideon(m): 11:24am On Apr 17, 2018
BeijinDossier:
If I lay my hands on chemical weapons you knew where I had headed. One day these things will go offline, trust me for that. You will read it someday in the dailies. We are creating the awareness in the cyberspace already. cool

Bruh yhu just deceiving yourself nothing more
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by mbagideon(m): 11:26am On Apr 17, 2018
Doublecheck:
I simply want Ofodirinwa and his cohorts to understand that there is never a good reason to call any part of Igboland names. He has to apologize for such unhealthy statement that has cause tension on this thread.

As for Chino we all know he is not Igbo same with yyeske however that's why I don't bother about whatever trash both monikers spews, however when such trash comes from real nwafors then e done pass be careful and the hand shake has passed the elbow.

Frankly, if one is to go by the nonsense Ofo wrote then one might tend to agree with chino and yyeskke that there is some kind of hate towards Ndi Anambra, cause there was no need for such remarks in the first place.

Ofo apologize to ndigbo on this thread, if you have any dignity or love for your people and don't harbor hate towards any part of Igboland.
Nawa ooo apalogy when he said something you could either take the positive out and leave the trash igbos no dey lyk learn I wonder wetin cos dah kyn tin
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by BeijinDossier: 11:28am On Apr 17, 2018
I just wish you know me in real life. From what I have seen in Ayogu and Utazi alone, it is capable of turning a good person into a dangerous person for greater good. You will read it someday.

mbagideon:

Bruh yhu just deceiving yourself nothing more
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by mbagideon(m): 11:31am On Apr 17, 2018
BeijinDossier:
I just wish you know me in real life. From what I have seen in Ayogu and Utazi alone, it is capable of turning a good person into a dangerous person for greater good. You will read it someday.

okay good luck then
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by horsepower101: 11:36am On Apr 17, 2018
universe123:
Grace Manor Nsk..I think the owner of this one is CEO of of PMT

Hospitality business is very important but I have a feeling that many of our people on this forum look down on it because it's not a factory.

If you want investors or outsiders to come to invest, where will they stay. What if the place has limited choice of hotels and they don't like the it.

Locals also use the hotels to treat their guests. Not everyone wants a guest to stay in their house or have room for a guest.

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Doublecheck: 11:41am On Apr 17, 2018
mbagideon:

Nawa ooo apalogy when he said something you could either take the positive out and leave the trash igbos no dey lyk learn I wonder wetin cos dah kyn tin
He insulted his brother's and sister in Anambra and Abia he should apologize for that. What positive can one take after being called dirty and animals?

Don't try to sweep crap under the carpet and expect it not to smell. As an Igboman learn this 3 things and watch your life have a new meaning Igbo's hardly do any of it.

Learn to Say
I am sorry
Please
Thank you
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Xander85: 11:42am On Apr 17, 2018
Igboid:
All these non Igbo monikers, who had been impostors, impersonating Ndi Anambra here. This Enugu thread is the most progressive Igbo unity thread in NL and we(Real Igbos) are allowing impostors serving as fifth columnists scatter this thread.

Please, let's be wise, from now onwards, let's ignore any posts from these impostors, don't give them the attention they crave for, and please, can we get the honourable Mod to clean this thread for us, and remove posts from these fifth columnists here?

I understand their game plan very well. There are certain monikers, when i see their post i just scroll down to the next, not bothering to read it. Some of them toerags (that's if it's not just one or two people operating all these monikers) may understand a bit of Igbo but they're definitely not Igbo. When someone is seen engaging them in a back-and-forth argument, and derailing the thread in the process, better believe such a 'person' is probably one of their alternate monikers.

Why do they do it i hear you ask? Well, you have to understand that the hatred towards Ndigbo in Nigeria is real, and Igbo unity and progress scares the h'ell out of them, hence they go out of their way to try and cause divisions among us....it's all in a bid to protect their ATM that is 'one Nigeria'.

Some of us are either too dumb, too greedy or just don't care about the the progress and unity of Ndigbo; and it's such a people that are our weakest link, and easily susceptible to being bribed to either keep quiet when injustice is meted out on us, or they can easily be bought to help the enemies machinations against us. Ever wondered why it was so easy for Buhari and his Fulani army to come into the heart of Igboland and murder/kidnap one of our prominent sons and his parents, and equally kill many other of our kinsfolk without anything happening?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by horsepower101: 11:46am On Apr 17, 2018
Xander85:

I understand their game plan very well. There are certain monikers, when i see their post i just scroll down to the next, not bothering to read it. Some of them toerags (that's if it's not just one or two people operating all these monikers) may understand a bit of Igbo but they're definitely not Igbo. When someone is seen engaging them in a back-and-forth argument, and derailing the thread in the process, better believe such a 'person' is probably one of their alternate monikers.

Why do they do it i hear you ask? Well, you have to understand that the hatred towards Ndigbo in Nigeria is real, and Igbo unity and progress scares the h'ell out of them, hence they go out of their way to try and cause divisions among us....it's all in a bid to protect their ATM that is 'one Nigeria'.

Some of us are either too dumb, too greedy or just don't care about the the progress and unity of Ndigbo; and it's such a people that are our weakest link, and easily susceptible to being bribed to either keep quiet when injustice is meted out on us, or they can easily be bought to help the enemies machinations against us. Ever wondered why it was so easy for Buhari and his Fulani army to come into the heart of Igboland and murder/kidnap one of our prominent sons and his parents, and equally kill many other of our kinsfolk without anything happening?

That's my attitude now. I don't pay those fake Igbo claiming monikers attention anymore. I expected every wise igbos to do the same. Anyway let's go back to discussing development of Enugu and the rest of igboland.

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Xander85: 11:49am On Apr 17, 2018
Igboid:
Spyder88 and co, please if you have more pics, please share them here.

For the rest of genuine Ndiigbo here, let's stop feeding the trolls, don't quote or reply their posts, let's just ignore them, until they all fizzle out, and this thread lives on.

Enugu is the pride of Igboland. The capital of Igboland.
Ojukwu had house in Enugu, Akunyili do, Ohamadike ( Umeh) do, Okocha do.
Enugu is the center of excellence in Igboland, it's like the cord that holds us together, at Enugu, we all lose our clan identities, and just become 042 people.
The Phynos( Anambra) , the Flavours( Anambra) , the Wizboys(Anioma- Ika) , etc all rep Enugu, and carry her everywhere.

Enugu is the place of unity for Ndiigbo.
When you see a moniker relentlessly attacking and denigrating Enugu people and Enugu achievements , then it's tell tale sign of the impostor identity of the character.

You didn't include my boy Tekno! angry

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by horsepower101: 11:55am On Apr 17, 2018
Every state in igboland is an artificial line drawn by Nigerian government after the civil war. Anyone taking those fake lines seriously is not Igbo especially on this faceless forum.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Xander85: 11:57am On Apr 17, 2018
universe123:
sorry, I can't understand what you are saying

Ignore him. Are those nice hotels actually in Nsukka?
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by NonsoWow: 12:14pm On Apr 17, 2018
horsepower101:
Every state in igboland is an artificial line drawn by Nigerian government after the civil war. Anyone taking those fake lines seriously is not Igbo especially on this faceless forum.
LOL. You are the one deceiving yourself. Those lines are very real. We Anambra indigenes asked for those lines after seeing how wawa people were slowing our progress with their laziness and envious hearts. Go to Onitsha and hear for yourself the adjectives that Anambra people use to qualify wawa and abakaliki persons. Remain on NL and be deceiving yourself.

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 12:36pm On Apr 17, 2018
Onyeoma Gburus says hello, the ministry is moving grin

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Purehuman(m): 1:09pm On Apr 17, 2018
NonsoWow:
You only have eyes when I defend my state, but when those fake, low-grade variety of igbos pour their vile on Anambra out of jealousy, you pretend not to see!

The statement of one man has been extrapolated to cover the whole region when in the real sense of it all, many do not see things the way a particular person sees it.

You and I know that no igbo state can drive development on its own owing to the present economic condition in the country today. As we can see other regions leveraging on unity to push their collective course.

I need you to understand that correcting someone is better than throwing jibes at the person. It makes you better and stronger.

You are first igbo before anything else.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Cooly100: 1:38pm On Apr 17, 2018
Ugwuanyi disburses N5 million each to another 171 communities for development

…as Royal Fathers from Governor’s council endorse his re-election

Governor Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi of Enugu State, in continuation of his administration’s “One Community, One Project” scheme on Monday handed over cheques of N5 million each to another batch of 171 autonomous communities that have met the requirements for the release of the funds to carry out development projects of their choice.

The scheme is an extensive rural development initiative of the Ugwuanyi administration aimed at ensuring that development reaches the 450 autonomous communities in the state, with a dedicated sum of N10 million for each community to address her pressing and peculiar development needs.

Consequently, the State Executive Council approved the scheme and earmarked the sum of N2.25 billion for 450 autonomous communities in the state as the first tranche of the N10 million for every community for the execution of development projects of their choice. Recently, N5 million was disbursed to 118 autonomous communities that had then fulfilled the requirements for the release of the funds.

Last weekend, Gov. Ugwuanyi was at Ibagwa Nike, Enugu East Local Government Area to inaugurate projects executed by the community with the first tranche of N5million, which was earlier disbursed to 118 communities....

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Cooly100: 1:39pm On Apr 17, 2018
Developing the rural areas is very good, but I will like to see major project, even if it is one, in the the capital from 2019 when the governor would start his second term. We need industries, we need coal power plant, etc.

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by asha80(m): 1:40pm On Apr 17, 2018
Cooly100:
Ugwuanyi disburses N5 million each to another 171 communities for development

…as Royal Fathers from Governor’s council endorse his re-election

Governor Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi of Enugu State, in continuation of his administration’s “One Community, One Project” scheme on Monday handed over cheques of N5 million each to another batch of 171 autonomous communities that have met the requirements for the release of the funds to carry out development projects of their choice.

The scheme is an extensive rural development initiative of the Ugwuanyi administration aimed at ensuring that development reaches the 450 autonomous communities in the state, with a dedicated sum of N10 million for each community to address her pressing and peculiar development needs.

Consequently, the State Executive Council approved the scheme and earmarked the sum of N2.25 billion for 450 autonomous communities in the state as the first tranche of the N10 million for every community for the execution of development projects of their choice. Recently, N5 million was disbursed to 118 autonomous communities that had then fulfilled the requirements for the release of the funds.

Last weekend, Gov. Ugwuanyi was at Ibagwa Nike, Enugu East Local Government Area to inaugurate projects executed by the community with the first tranche of N5million, which was earlier disbursed to 118 communities....
rubbish

3 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by SmartPolician: 1:49pm On Apr 17, 2018
asha80:
seems you are new to nairaland because the person behind that moniker has written worse...most of us who are older here know his writing pattern even if he changes moniker

Purehuman, Chino has run out of ideas and foul language. Whenever you see cursed, foolish, stupid, useless, worthless, etc. appear in a comment, just know it's Chino and don't bother replying him.

Many people are mad and few are actually roaring the streets
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 1:56pm On Apr 17, 2018
asha80:
rubbish

Why do you think its rubbish Sir?
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 2:03pm On Apr 17, 2018
Cooly100:
Developing the rural areas is very good, but I will like to see major project, even if it is one, in the the capital from 2019 when the governor would start his second term. We need industries, we need coal power plant, etc.

Supported. I just don't think our governor has the type of energy to initiate and implement a daring signature project, apart from the one he is doing now.

I may be wrong. He only needs to prove us wrong by doing something huge. Let us see some major road projects moving into those areas where he has signed a partnership with foreign investors to build industrial clusters. We just need something to move development and create jobs for all.

4 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by horsepower101: 2:28pm On Apr 17, 2018
spyder880:

Supported. I just don't think our governor has the type of energy to initiate and implement a daring signature project, apart from the one he is doing now.

I may be wrong. He only needs to prove us wrong by doing something huge. Let us see some major road projects moving into those areas where he has signed a partnership with foreign investors to build industrial clusters. We just need something to move development and create jobs for all.

I personally think that rural road access is the most important job creator in Enugu at this point. The economic activity that it will bring in rural areas will be 5 to 10 folds.

I watched a documentary posted on this thread where farmers were complaining that their food produces is spoiling because lack of road access.

It's nice to attract investors to build factories but let's get the basics right first.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 2:38pm On Apr 17, 2018
horsepower101:

I personally think that rural road access is the most important job creator in Enugu at this point. The economic activity that it will bring in rural areas will be 5 to 10 folds.

I watched a documentary posted on this thread where farmers were complaining that their food produces is spoiling because lack of road access.

It's nice to attract investors to build factories but let's get the basics right first.

I always support road access to places where vehicles cannot easily reach, for opportunities to spread. But we need to manufacture those items we import locally. Industrialization will keep our people working here.

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by asha80(m): 2:58pm On Apr 17, 2018
spyder880:

Why do you think its rubbish Sir?
it should be that the community points to a project that they want government to do that is within a 5m naira budget and government goes ahead to do it not handing the money to traditional rulers to do it..what is the guarantee and those guys no go pocket am?

7 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Cooly100: 4:31pm On Apr 17, 2018
asha80:
it should be that the community points to a project that they want government to do that is within a 5m naira budget and government goes ahead to do it not handing the money to traditional rulers to do it..what is the guarantee and those guys no go pocket am?

How would the government be able to cover about 500 autonomous communities within the period? This would take a longer time. What is the guarantee that the government will be able to handle all the projects pointed out by the communities? Now that the government has given the money to them, the communities can now hold their traditional rulers accountable. The communities may chose to complete their townhalls, build culverts, expand their local markets, add medicines to their local maternites...The state government should be left to monitor these projects, than get bugged down in doing the projects. We are talking about N5 million here.

Again, one or two mega projects with greater employment prospects are required in the state capital next term.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (548) (549) (550) (551) (552) (553) (554) ... (697) (Reply)

Update on developments in Anambra state-photos / Few Pics From Imo State / Abubakar Shekau, Boko Haram Leader Speaks To BBC Hausa, Enjoys Killing People.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.