Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,780 members, 7,955,982 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 08:25 PM

Enugu, The Pride Of The East. - Politics (582) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Enugu, The Pride Of The East. (1843412 Views)

Nigerian Armed Forces, Pride Of West Africa. / Babangida’s Letter To Bola TINUBU, Does The Letter Expose The Pride Of IBB? / The First Mayor Of Enugu, The Most Politically Important Igbo City, Was A Fulani (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (579) (580) (581) (582) (583) (584) (585) ... (714) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by NonsoWow: 2:06am On Jul 17, 2018
Cjrane2:

This is commendable.

However, nobody should take Nigerian statistics of Enugu GDP seriously. To them, Osun state has a higher GDP than Enugu and Anambra combined.

Nigeria has the world's most laughable concoction called "data" on almost everything because data is linked to sharing federal allocation.

No data from official government circles in Nigeria is a true reflection of what is on the ground. It is always manipulated for federal allocation.
If you are talking of GDP, Anambra has the largest GDP in the south east. Abia state is a distant second. Enugu state is basically a civil servant state and should be third or fourth.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Cjrane2: 2:23am On Jul 17, 2018
NonsoWow:
If you are talking of GDP, Anambra has the largest GDP in the south east. Abia state is a distant second. Enugu state is basically a civil servant state and should be third or fourth.

Oga, did you read my post at all?
Nobody is disputing your statistics.

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by DawatNama(m): 3:12am On Jul 17, 2018
Cjrane2:

it's very unfortunate you actually have huge amount of time you're not using replying that afo anu. Must you throw stone at every dog that barks at you?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Sprumbabafather: 8:48am On Jul 17, 2018
Cjrane2:

Oga, don't waste your time talking to those pained Igbo haters who come to confuse you that he is from Anambra and therefore using the guise to attack Enugu and other Igbo states. He's a bitter Afonja,

DawatNama:

it's very unfortunate you actually have huge amount of time you're not using replying that afo anu. Must you throw stone at every dog that barks at you?

I wonder o.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by B2mario(m): 4:21pm On Jul 17, 2018
Cjrane2:

This is commendable.

However, nobody should take Nigerian statistics of Enugu GDP seriously. To them, Osun state has a higher GDP than Enugu and Anambra combined.

Nigeria has the world's most laughable concoction called "data" on almost everything because data is linked to sharing federal allocation.

No data from official government circles in Nigeria is a true reflection of what is on the ground. It is always manipulated for federal allocation.
My brother I tire for them oo. Most of their studies and statistics showed that southeast is the zone with the highest poverty level in southern Nigeria. But when there is a federal or international programme for poverty alleviation, southeast will not be considered or maybe just one state while most of the projects will be taken to most states in the southwest which they claim is the zone with the lowest poverty level in south and Nigeria at large.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by eaglechild: 4:25pm On Jul 17, 2018
OyiboUgbo04:
Enugu Clean Team Project at work for a cleaner and healthier Enugu State.
Inasmuch as I have heavily criticized the governor on so many issues, I must commend him on his dedication to sanitation.
He should keep it up and extend this commitment to other sectors.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by B2mario(m): 4:30pm On Jul 17, 2018
NonsoWow:
Oga are you sure you read at all? In terms of GDP, Imo state is the 5th richest state in Nigeria and 1st in the southeast followed by Abia state.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by AuntLaVIV(f): 5:59pm On Jul 17, 2018
Though this explanation is totally unnecessary particularly in the quest to build a stronger eastern region economically. But I needed to put forward some of these facts to correct some misinformation particularly the guy that commented last. Anambra is by far the state with the largest economy(GDP) in the southeastern region and this should not be questioned by any informed mind. Below is the GDP of the state as at 2011, and I am very certain it must have grown far beyond what it was in 2011.

BEVERLY HILLS, CA, November 19, (THEWILL) – The National Planning Commission has put Cross River State’s Gross Domestic Product for 2011 at N1.28 trillion.

Revealing this during a presentation on the outcome of the first ever survey of GDP of states in the country, the Supervising Minister of National Planning, Amb. Bashir Yuguda said the GDP of the state in 2010 was N1.32tn.

The excercise which was carried out in six pilot states drawn from the six geopolitical zones of the country, put the size of the Anambra State economy at N1.01tn in 2011. Gombe State GDP for the same year is put at N0.94tn. Other states are Niger – N1.08tn, Kano – N2.26tn, Lagos – N4.45tn and Rivers – N5.52tn.

https://thewillnigeria.com/news/cross-river-state-economy-worth-n1-28tn-in-2011-yuguda/

5 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by OMANBALA1: 6:08pm On Jul 17, 2018
B2mario:
Oga are you sure you read at all? In terms of GDP, Imo state is the 5th richest state in Nigeria and 1st in the southeast followed by Abia state.

I don't mean to delay this thread but do you actually know what is gross domestic product ?

5 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by AlienDude: 6:28pm On Jul 17, 2018
Graceland Layout is a very fine place to buy land. Buildings are springing up there very fast, I mean very very fast!!!. The layout is very genuine, the way building are been erected there will tell anyone it's a genuine layout, I personally verified it with the Enugu Town planning Authority and Ministry of Land. It's adjacent Golf Estate, on the other side of Enugu-Onistha expressway, just before the flyover leading to New Market. A plot there is in the range of 5mil-2mil. You could be lucky to get as low as 1.5mil, but this type will be either close to the hills or on the hills. The money covers agent and lawyer fee. The area is just too juicy! Zion Estate, located on the hills, is close to the layout

Another good area is Aruga layout, it's located behind centinary city. The layout is very huge, about 2.5k plots of land within the layout. It was part of centinary city but the community had a fallout with Privates Estates, the company in charge of centinary city, so they took their land back from Private Estates. A plot there is in the range of 1.5 to 3mil. I personally know the Town planner who planned the layout. If you can't buy land within the centinary city, please make effort to buy land in this Aruga layout. In 3-5years time you will amazed how that area will change.

Am not a land Agent but I stay in Enugu, and I got to know about these areas while searching for land to buy in Enugu.

bendo75:

Oga Spyder do you know of a new layout called Graceland Layout adjacent Golf estate? This is in Ngwuagu Udi L.G.A. Enugu. If know this area, what are your thoughts about it. Thanks

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by AlienDude: 6:39pm On Jul 17, 2018
SpyderKen, I wasn't happy with the way you treated me when I contacted you for land. And that was my first contact with you, you hardly return calls. I was really disappointed because I followed up your projects here long enough, and I felt I can work well with you. Good luck tho'

spyder880:

0803 335 0750. Ekenekwa m gi nwanne.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Xander85: 11:06pm On Jul 17, 2018
eaglechild:

Inasmuch as I have heavily criticized the governor on so many issues, I must commend him on his dedication to sanitation.
He should keep it up and extend this commitment to other sectors.

Anyone with current pics of Agbani road? It's the sanitation levels of roads outside of the highbrow areas that would help give a proper assessment of the gov'ts sanitation efforts.

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by BreakupNigeria: 12:20am On Jul 18, 2018
AuntLaVIV:
[color=#000099]Though this explanation is totally unnecessary particularly in the quest to build a stronger eastern region economically. But I needed to put forward some of these facts to correct some misinformation particularly the guy that commented last. Anambra is by far the state with the largest economy(GDP) in the southeastern region and this should not be questioned by any informed mind. Below is the GDP of the state as at 2011, and I am very certain it must have grown far beyond what it was in 2011.

I guess you didn't even comprehend the article you quoted. It was stated in it that the study was conducted on 6 RANDOM pilot states, one from each geopolitical zone. It wasn't done on the basis of states with the highest GDP. It is on record that Nigerian statistics puts Imo at 5th position, well ahead of Anambra in terms of GDP (the record is there, you can google it). However, I'm surprised that you are okay with the statistics that put Cross River and Niger as both having a higher GDP than Anambra but angry that Imo is said to be ahead of Anambra?? What sort of local champion/crab mentality is that??

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by B2mario(m): 1:19am On Jul 18, 2018
BreakupNigeria:
I guess you didn't even comprehend the article you quoted. It was stated in it that the study was conducted on 6 RANDOM pilot states, one from each geopolitical zone. It wasn't done on the basis of states with the highest GDP. It is on record that Nigerian statistics puts Imo at 5th position, well ahead of Anambra in terms of GDP (the record is there, you can google it). However, I'm surprised that you are okay with the statistics that put Cross River and Niger as both having a higher GDP than Anambra but angry that Imo is said to be ahead of Anambra?? What sort of local champion/crab mentality is that??
Most times these children will come on social media and be saying rubbish told to them by their illiterate boostful elders who can not read and comprehend well.

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by AuntLaVIV(f): 6:21am On Jul 18, 2018
BreakupNigeria:

The survey was done based on states with the largest GDP. You can see Lagos, Rivers, Kano and Anambra. The Minister stated that it was the first time such survey is taking place in Nigerian states, so where did you get the report that Imo state is the 5th? I have never said anything about Imo state, i only posted the only official GDP ever done in Nigeria. I think you are the one with crab local champion mentality.

BEVERLY HILLS, CA, November 19, (THEWILL) – The National Planning Commission has put Cross River State’s Gross Domestic Product for 2011 at N1.28 trillion.

Revealing this during a presentation on the outcome of the first ever survey of GDP of states in the country, the Supervising Minister of National Planning, Amb. Bashir Yuguda said the GDP of the state in 2010 was N1.32tn.

The excercise which was carried out in six pilot states drawn from the six geopolitical zones of the country, put the size of the Anambra State economy at N1.01tn in 2011. Gombe State GDP for the same year is put at N0.94tn. Other states are Niger – N1.08tn, Kano – N2.26tn, Lagos – N4.45tn and Rivers – N5.52tn.

https://thewillnigeria.com/news/cross-river-state-economy-worth-n1-28tn-in-2011-yuguda/

3 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by asha9: 6:39am On Jul 18, 2018
I think you are dumb and didn't even understand the report posted by auntlavi. The report even stated that this was the first ever GDP estimation done in Nigerian states, so where did you get your own report? I rather go with the report of the minister of economic planning than the nonsense you people throw around.

[s]
BreakupNigeria:
[/s]

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Daewang: 9:23am On Jul 18, 2018
If you people cannot abandon your stupidity then go to your various state threads. Spyder and whoever is in charge here let all these guys be removed permanently so that we can have peace and sanity once and for all on this thread.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by AuntLaVIV(f): 9:41am On Jul 18, 2018
asha9:
You are such a hopeless frustrated worthless illiterate. Your illiteracy is so nauseating and infectious that you should be chained and caged. If you had a superior fact to back up your assertion you won't resort to insults. I.diiotic dunce. Nkita lachaa gi anya there. Nkita nwuru anwu.

[s][/s]

You don't pay back insult with insult. Some of these guys are not properly informed to know what is even GDP to start with.

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 10:19am On Jul 18, 2018
AlienDude:
SpyderKen, I wasn't happy with the way you treated me when I contacted you for land. And that was my first contact with you, you hardly return calls. I was really disappointed because I followed up your projects here long enough, and I felt I can work well with you. Good luck tho'

Forgive me bro, sometimes I might not be on ground and my agents want to collect money for any land search I call them to do for my people. This is not how I usually do things, I promise to attend to your issues promptly any time you call again. Thank you.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by AlienDude: 2:57pm On Jul 18, 2018
It's ok, bro. I was able to buy. I will buy again before the year runs out, may be then.

spyder880:

Forgive me bro, sometimes I might not be on ground and my agents want to collect money for any land search I call them to do for my people. This is not how I usually do things, I promise to attend to your issues promptly any time you call again. Thank you.

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 6:18pm On Jul 19, 2018
Presenting to you, the Europe inside Enugu cheesy

The Oaklands hotels........

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by slimthugchimee2(m): 7:41pm On Jul 19, 2018
spyder880:
Presenting to you, the Europe inside Enugu cheesy

The Oaklands hotels........

I thought this was a fun park, did they close down the park
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 6:46am On Jul 20, 2018
slimthugchimee2:

I thought this was a fun park, did they close down the park

The amusement park is sitting inside the property, with the roller coaster and all.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 10:24am On Jul 20, 2018
oneeast:
I have some additions to make. I have read several accounts by foreign and Nigerian nationals about owerri as the worst sh1thole in Nigeria, Africa and world at large. owerri was recorded as one of the most polluted cities in 2016. All the major towns in Imo state- owerri, orlu and okigwe were recorded among the most polluted towns in 2016, now the 2018 owerri equally recorded as among the most polluted places on earth. I think our igbo leaders should start doing something about imo state, particularly owerri because it has turned to a complete sh1thole and dungeon. owerri is a disgrace to the igbos, it is littered with bad roads, filth, flood and all manner of environmental mess that has made Imo state people to rush out in their millions to Onitsha and Enugu where they can live a better life and earn a decent living. Today there are over 2million imolites living and working in Onitsha. In owerri people eat and drink human faeces because their borehole waters and food are contaminated at their backyard because there is no pipe borne water in the entire Imo state. Aba has surpassed owerri in cleanliness and infrastructure. Igbos should join hands to save owerri because it has become a thing of shame to the Igbos. Recent study showed that owerri must be demolished to the ground if it can be rescued. However this take a political will to do so, as we don't know if the incompetent failed governor who has not been able to clean filth and fix roads can afford to do so in order to save the town. It is time Igbo leaders, Ohaneze etc, take up the mantle and do what is right in the sh1thole called owerri once and for once.

[s][/s]

So you did not also see that Onitsha was recorded as the dirtiest city in the world, you only saw Owerri? This guy is a hypocrite.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by bestview: 10:35am On Jul 20, 2018
nnamdijonathan:

So you did not also see that Owerri is among the dirtiest cities in the world, you only saw Okigwe? This guy is a hypocrite.

You are right bro

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (579) (580) (581) (582) (583) (584) (585) ... (714) (Reply)

Update on developments in Anambra state-photos / Few Pics From Imo State / Abubakar Shekau, Boko Haram Leader Speaks To BBC Hausa, Enjoys Killing People.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.