Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,445 members, 7,954,761 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 08:36 AM

Enugu, The Pride Of The East. - Politics (581) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Enugu, The Pride Of The East. (1842841 Views)

Nigerian Armed Forces, Pride Of West Africa. / Babangida’s Letter To Bola TINUBU, Does The Letter Expose The Pride Of IBB? / The First Mayor Of Enugu, The Most Politically Important Igbo City, Was A Fulani (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (578) (579) (580) (581) (582) (583) (584) ... (714) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by bendo75(m): 11:35pm On Jul 09, 2018
spyder880:

No, I don't know Graceland estates, and Golf course estate is not around Nkwoagu Udi but in Enugu GRA.

There's a planned estate around Nkwoagu Udi, but not much is happening there. I passed there today and its still bushy.

Thanks brother. I appreciate your response.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by OyiboUgbo04: 11:29am On Jul 12, 2018

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by OyiboUgbo04: 11:59am On Jul 12, 2018
[Photos] New face of millken hill road, Gov. Ugwuanyi lights up reconstructed Millken Hill road. Follow link to views more pictures.

http://easternreporter.com/2018/07/12/new-face-of-millken-hill-road-gov-ugwuanyi-lights-up-reconstructed-millken-hill-road/

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by OyiboUgbo04: 12:14pm On Jul 12, 2018
cjrane:

Centenary city does not own these set of buildings at the entrance road of Centenary city. Just like the new Jedidiah estate at the entrance road of Centenary city isn't owned by them. These are estates by another company.

Centenary property starts from the point where they situated their gate. Hopefully, they will start planting flowers and trees along that road now. it helps to appreciate the value of the land as well as beautify the environment.

Those building along the road are part of the centenary city project, but they are not being managed by private estate international who are the initiator of the centenary city, they sold the lands to independent developers, but the ones inside are being sold to individuals and managed by the company.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by slimthugchimee2(m): 5:50pm On Jul 12, 2018
OyiboUgbo04:
[Photos] New face of millken hill road, Gov. Ugwuanyi lights up reconstructed Millken Hill road. Follow link to views more pictures.

http://easternreporter.com/2018/07/12/new-face-of-millken-hill-road-gov-ugwuanyi-lights-up-reconstructed-millken-hill-road/

For a while there I thought this was europe

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by horsepower101: 6:23pm On Jul 12, 2018
Enugu state government should not let people cut down those surrounding forests on miliken road to build houses...

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by slimthugchimee2(m): 6:46pm On Jul 12, 2018
horsepower101:
Enugu state government should not let people cut down those surrounding forests on miliken road to build houses...

For that kind hill grin you nodey fear grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by kmariko: 8:40pm On Jul 12, 2018
Spyder since you are on "ground" so to speak....how about gathering a group of your business friends and talk to the state government about a

"Milliken Hill marathon"...with a cash prize from corporate sponsors like NBL

That will help promote tourism in the city...

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by horsepower101: 8:57pm On Jul 12, 2018
kmariko:
Spyder since you are on "ground" so to speak....how about gathering a group of your business friends and talk to the state government about a

"Milliken Hill marathon"...with a cash prize from corporate sponsors like NBL

That will help promote tourism in the city...

I love this idea.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by cjrane: 1:42am On Jul 13, 2018
horsepower101:

It they ever cut down those trees, erosion will simply wash off the road after two heavy rainfalls. I think the people know better than cut trees in that area.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Xander85: 2:02am On Jul 13, 2018
slimthugchimee2:

For that kind hill grin you nodey fear grin

It's like you don't know our people!

They are quite prepared to build mansion on the moon if given half a chance! Many of the green-belts and forest reserves the colonials left behind have been built on in the name of 'development'!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by OyiboUgbo04: 10:11pm On Jul 13, 2018

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by OyiboUgbo04: 10:12pm On Jul 13, 2018

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by OyiboUgbo04: 11:50am On Jul 14, 2018
Enugu Clean Team Project at work for a cleaner and healthier Enugu State.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by cjrane: 11:57am On Jul 14, 2018
OyiboUgbo04:
Enugu Clean Team Project at work for a cleaner and healthier Enugu State.

This is how to clean gutters!

Not what we see where people scope thing out of the gutter and dump it on the street. Then leave it there and walk away for weeks. Within the time, rain fall washes everything back into the gutter and makes the hitherto clean streets to become another terrible piggery.

I just love Enugu Governor for doing things decently. I wish others will learn from him that anything worth doing, is worth doing well.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by IgboAmakaa(f): 11:59am On Jul 14, 2018
YEZ
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by IgboAmakaa(f): 11:59am On Jul 14, 2018
cjrane:

Not what we see where people scope thing out of the gutter and dump it on the street. Then leave it there and walk away for weeks. Within the time, rain fall washes everything back into the gutter and makes the hitherto clean streets to become another terrible piggery.

I just love Enugu Governor for doing things decently. I wish others will learn from him that anything worth doing, is worth doing well.

I dey tell u

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 12:04pm On Jul 14, 2018
Real estate springing up around the basement enroute Milliken Hill and iva Valley road

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 12:08pm On Jul 14, 2018
#Throwback
Gburugburu celebrates 3rd anniversary may 29,
Lovely scenery.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by lastempero: 12:10pm On Jul 14, 2018
cjrane:

It appears obvious that this company does not have the funds to execute this project out of their own money and sell the homes to the public as they originally envisaged.

I think what they need to do now is to sell the land to interested members of the public and have an agreement on the type of building for each area of the estate. In this way, private individuals can be building the structures and the company will use the money they have to complete the roads, electricity, piped water and other infrastructure for the estate.

I don't think they can financially build all the homes required and sell. They need help in building the homes and they can provide infrastructure needed in the estate. They can recoup some of the money for infrastructure through the cost of the land.

They sell the plots inside the proposed city to people just that u have to stick to a particular pattern they will give u and it seems they have different pattern of buildings.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by cjrane: 12:15pm On Jul 14, 2018
lastempero:

They sell the plots inside the proposed city to people just that u have to stick to a particular pattern they will give u and it seems they have different pattern of buildings.

We have been begging them to use that method.

Simply sell the plot of land to interested people and tell them the type of building to have on each street. The buildings don't have to look exactly alike, but will be uniform. Such as they are all duplexes or they are all bungalows or they all have red brick walls or short brick fences etc.

They don't need to build it themselves, they only need to provide roads, gutters, street lights, trees along each street and enforce standards & uniformity according to the original plan.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by lastempero: 12:23pm On Jul 14, 2018
horsepower101:

You should be begging gburugburu not to cut down the trees and start another estate there,the governor is unofficially an estate agent and also into land grabbing big time.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by lastempero: 12:25pm On Jul 14, 2018
cjrane:

We have been begging them to use that method.

Simply sell the plot of land to interested people and tell them the type of building to have on each street. The buildings don't have to look exactly alike, but will be uniform. Such as they are all duplexes or they are all bungalows or they all have red brick walls or short brick fences etc.

They don't need to build it themselves, they only need to provide roads, gutters, street lights, trees along each street and enforce standards & uniformity according to the original plan.

I was there for enquiry 2013 and they told me its for sell though you have to stick to the plan unless they have changed the rule.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Xander85: 12:42pm On Jul 14, 2018
cjrane:

Would have made more sense if they scooped the dirt directly into low, purpose-built trucks instead of into all those bin-liners! Would be cheaper too!

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Sprumbabafather: 12:48pm On Jul 14, 2018
lastempero:

You should be begging gburugburu not to cut down the trees and start another estate there,the governor is unofficially an estate agent and also into land grabbing big time.

sorry people, every land from new market axis up till the whole valley till Ngwo villages around milliken hills has been mapped out and are either sold or on the market.
you think he's building the road because he loves the area? He is promoting his market.

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by cjrane: 12:49pm On Jul 14, 2018
Xander85:

Would have made more sense if they scooped the dirt directly into low, purpose-built trucks instead of into all those bin-liners! Would be cheaper too!

Exactly!
It would have been even better to scoop directly into a take-away truck that takes it away immediately.

I am ONLY impressed that they had the sense not to dump trash on a clean street in the name of cleaning the gutter!

In Nigeria some Nigeria cities, they don't even know that sand on the road is dirt. They don't know plastic bags and plastic cans on the street is dirt, even if the street is tarred. So we clean gutters, by making streets look so dirty like a piggery.

8 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by lastempero: 12:55pm On Jul 14, 2018
Sprumbabafather:

sorry people, every land from new market axis up till the whole valley till Ngwo villages around milliken hills has been mapped out and are either sold or on the market.
you think he's building the road because he loves the area? He is promoting his market.

U are not a learner in Enugu state.iam not happy with the guy seriously,went as far as grabbing a friend's land after imt,we are still begging this man till today to release d land.

3 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by cjrane: 12:56pm On Jul 14, 2018
IgboAmakaa:
YEZ

If we can have our leaders have a basic code for major roads in our cities.

There should be small trees in the road median and the trees planted on both sides of the road. If we use this code, we will be building standard cities that will compete internationally, than sticking to the present 3rd world standard of building tiny streets and houses allowed almost on gutters on the road.

7 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by cjrane: 2:30pm On Jul 14, 2018
Cjrane2:

1. Power plants especially Gas and/or Coal and

2. Regional railway links are what the regional government should find Chinese financiers.

For a Total length of <1,000KM, to link key SE cities to the SS cities, this is a highly bankable venture for any investor.

These are the only projects that will give the region any hope of creating jobs within the region and cheaply moving goods and services from point A to point B.

Every other thing is secondary to these two major things that must happen. A lot has been said about this in numerous threads. I wonder why it has not started.https://www.nairaland.com/3780758/ohanaeze-sets-up-committee-design

Cjrane2:

Therefore the plan should be for a 5 years development plan for Regional railway.
The 3 steps are.

1. The SE Governors and SS Governors should secure permission from FG to build the regional railway and float a company "Eastern Corridor Railways Corporation (ECRC)"

2. Every benefiting state will invest 1% of their budget as Equity into the company to take care on initial takeoff This is later converted to shares in the company for the respective states.

3. Get Foreign companies to bid as foreign Technical partners to do the actual construction on a PPP arrangement and 100 Year BOT (Build-Operate_Transfer)

These three steps will ensure the project is actualized and it will greatly facilitate economic activities in both zones. Imagine travelling from Calabar to Onitsha or Port Harcourt on an air-conditioned train and get there in 2-3 hours? Or bringing your goods from Afikpo to Port-Harcourt. Then do your business and return to Calabar or Afikpo without Police harassment and bad roads?

I give full credit to creators of the SE & SS Regional Railway Masterplan. I like it and i will continue to remind us about it.

I just want to continue to repost it until our leaders do something about modernizing transportation of goods and services in the subregion.

This project is more important than building bridges on the River Niger or other small projects. This will link infrastructure in the region (Power plants, Industrial complexes, key airports, Key sea ports, key farming areas etc) by rail.

It is achievable within 5 years if we follow the 3 steps outlined in the post above.

I am a little concerned that at the last SE governors meeting, they didn't think of regional integration and importance of the power projects and rail projects.

Meanwhile, enjoy a new compilation of Enugu pictures.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MmC49MBghrY

3 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 8:17am On Jul 15, 2018
cjrane:

Yeah, I hope so. Most especially Obiano and Rochas

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by OyiboUgbo04: 9:26pm On Jul 16, 2018

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Cjrane2: 1:07am On Jul 17, 2018
OyiboUgbo04:
Ugwuanyi has exceeded UN Tax Revenue to GDP benchmark, says Joint Tax Board

http://easternreporter.com/2018/07/16/ugwuanyi-has-exceeded-un-tax-revenue-to-gdp-benchmark-says-joint-tax-board/

This is commendable.

However, nobody should take Nigerian statistics of Enugu GDP seriously. To them, Osun state has a higher GDP than Enugu and Anambra combined.

Nigeria has the world's most laughable concoction called "data" on almost everything because data is linked to sharing federal allocation.

No data from official government circles in Nigeria is a true reflection of what is on the ground. It is always manipulated for federal allocation.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (578) (579) (580) (581) (582) (583) (584) ... (714) (Reply)

Update on developments in Anambra state-photos / Few Pics From Imo State / Abubakar Shekau, Boko Haram Leader Speaks To BBC Hausa, Enjoys Killing People.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.