Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,158 members, 7,818,516 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:47 PM

Enugu, The Pride Of The East. - Politics (85) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Enugu, The Pride Of The East. (1784130 Views)

Nigerian Armed Forces, Pride Of West Africa. / Babangida’s Letter To Bola TINUBU, Does The Letter Expose The Pride Of IBB? / The First Mayor Of Enugu, The Most Politically Important Igbo City, Was A Fulani (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (82) (83) (84) (85) (86) (87) (88) ... (697) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nightshift(m): 9:42pm On Dec 22, 2012
Should Coal City expand North(9th mile/Udi), East(Emene/Trans Ekulu), or South(Greater Nkanu- Amechi Akwananaw/Ozalla-Ituku) areas? My personal analysis coming soon. Watch out.... Who can analyse Enugu now and the future better than Nightshift? I convinced Chino24(Nwa Aguata) to see the light, argued with Nwa Umuoji-Idemmili(Aroli Odenigbo) over the symbol of Enugu in Ndigbo mind-set. Nightshift will break it down soon....
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 9:48pm On Dec 22, 2012
Buh its already expanding in those directions
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by ezeagu(m): 10:11pm On Dec 22, 2012
Instead of expanding, Enugu should work with what it's got first. There are cities all over the world that are unable to expand due to being on islands that have much better infrastructure than Enugu.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nightshift(m): 10:23pm On Dec 22, 2012
As my folks drive on the smooth roads of New Heaven, GRA, Uwani, Achara Layout, Independence Layout, Ogui, Maryland, Real Estate etc. Shop in peace at Roban, Shoprite, Ogbete, Keyetta etc; the struggle for the present Enugu started far back in 1979- seven years after the Nigerian- Biafran civil war. The late Chief C.C. Onoh led the struggle....
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nightshift(m): 10:30pm On Dec 22, 2012
ezeagu: Instead of expanding, Enugu should work with what it's got first. There are cities all over the world that are unable to expand due to being on islands that have much better infrastructure than Enugu.
Enugu is expanding due to population pressure. Those Islands may not have that kind of pressure like Enugu. Spanish Island of Palma de Mallorca is an example.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Afam4eva(m): 10:31pm On Dec 22, 2012
Nightshift: Should Coal City expand North(9th mile/Udi), East(Emene/Trans Ekulu), or South(Greater Nkanu- Amechi Akwananaw/Ozalla-Ituku) areas? My personal analysis coming soon. Watch out.... Who can analyse Enugu now and the future better than Nightshift? I convinced Chino24(Nwa Aguata) to see the light, argued with Nwa Umuoji-Idemmili(Aroli Odenigbo) over the symbol of Enugu in Ndigbo mind-set. Nightshift will break it down soon....
I think Enugu should be expanded to create commercial but serence urban areas. This should be done around Enugu-Port-hacourt expressway juset beside my village, Amaechi Awkunanaw. meanwhile, surbuban areas should be built towards 9th mile/Udi.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Afam4eva(m): 10:32pm On Dec 22, 2012
Viewing this topic: Dzzbabe, aishatua1, afam4eva(m), Sunny_bobo(m), zone77(m), Nightshift(m) and 2 guest(s)

I always see this lady viewing this thread everyday but never drops a comment. jealousy must be eating up the mofo.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Odunnu: 10:36pm On Dec 22, 2012
afam4eva:
I think Enugu should be expanded to create commercial but serence urban areas. This should be done around Enugu-Port-hacourt expressway juset beside my village, Amaechi Awkunanaw. meanwhile, surbuban areas should be built towards 9th mile/Udi.
Why do I always think you are from Nsukka?

Do you know Aloysius Emeka Attah? He is a regular columnist. I dont know why I always assume u r him
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by ezeagu(m): 10:49pm On Dec 22, 2012
Nightshift: Enugu is expanding due to population pressure. Those Islands may not have that kind of pressure like Enugu. Spanish Island of Palma de Marllocca is one.

If expanding is really necessary (because I believe a well planned city can deal with any pressure), then it should be south west in order to shift towards the other cities.

But I still believe Enugu can deal with the population with the present limits.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nightshift(m): 10:54pm On Dec 22, 2012
With the sitting of UNTH permanent site at Ozalla/Ituku, the federal govt.has already piloted Enugu expansion Southwards. Though the potential for industrial hub still remain Northwards. Can Awkunanaw clans lay low like their Ogui- Nike brethren as Enugu expands into their domain ?
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Afam4eva(m): 10:58pm On Dec 22, 2012
ezeagu:

If expanding is really necessary (because I believe a well planned city can deal with any pressure), then it should be south west in order to shift towards the other cities.

But I still believe Enugu can deal with the population with the present limits.
The expansion of Enugu couldn't be as a result of population because Enugu's population is kinda static and not growing in astronomical proportions like other cities despite having better infrastructure than some other cities. The city as it is a civil service state and not commercial or industrial. That's why we need to expand the city having commerce and industry in mind. But in doing this, we should not destroy the idiosyncrasies of the current city.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Afam4eva(m): 10:59pm On Dec 22, 2012
Nightshift: With the sitting of UNTH permanent site at Ozalla/Ituku, the federal govt.has already piloted Enugu expansion Southwards. Though the potential for industrial hub still remain Northwards. Can Awkunanaw clans lay low like their Ogui- Nike brethren as Enugu expands into their domain ?
This is where the problem lie.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nightshift(m): 11:07pm On Dec 22, 2012
Agbani is almost becoming like Nsukka; with a private university at Akpugo, a new road linking Emene/Nike with Akpugo will open a new corridor that can rival 9th mile. Akpugo people are very industrious, they can compete with Nnewi if their domain is opened with new roads. Alo Aluminium is already showing Akpugo money muscle at Emene with his multi-billion Naira aluminium coils factory.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nightshift(m): 11:12pm On Dec 22, 2012
afam4eva:
The expansion of Enugu couldn't be as a result of population because Enugu's population is kinda static and not growing in astronomical proportions like other cities despite having better infrastructure than some other cities. The city as it is a civil service state and not commercial or industrial. That's why we need to expand the city having commerce and industry in mind. But in doing this, we should not destroy the idiosyncrasies of the current city.
Trans-Ekulu is growing fast almost like Lekki area in Lagos. Ndigbo from other states are moving to Enugu at the speed of light, so to speak.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Afam4eva(m): 11:27pm On Dec 22, 2012
Odunnu:
Why do I always think you are from Nsukka?

Do you know Aloysius Emeka Attah? He is a regular columnist. I dont know why I always assume u r him
I've never heard of him.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by ezeagu(m): 12:12am On Dec 23, 2012
Nightshift: With the sitting of UNTH permanent site at Ozalla/Ituku, the federal govt.has already piloted Enugu expansion Southwards. Though the potential for industrial hub still remain Northwards. Can Awkunanaw clans lay low like their Ogui- Nike brethren as Enugu expands into their domain ?

We can discuss things here, but none of us control, at least none of us has declared it anyway. But if so, then expansion should only rest on the availability of these areas. I've already said what I think about expansion, but if it was needed then if nowhere is available then it will have to be in the northern and eastern areas.

afam4eva:

Other cities in Nigeria are also going for this building around the problem approach. These commercial expansions are supposed to be happening in the middle of the city like it does in every developed country, and then industrial expansions will follow, mostly on the outskirts, but then again Enugu seems to suit being a financial center that serves the east and other cities that are already industrial. The population as you said are already into civil service, so it already has the sort of environment.

I'm against building out of where needs to be built, Singapore and Hong Kong has shown this is as unnecessary specifically for Enugu, and even some cities like New York and London that are on land are not even allowed to expand their urban areas any further by boundary commissions because of environmental and economic reasons. Even in that whole Independence area, there's so much unused land that should be used for both local and international business (like in Polo park), malls, parks (green ones) and business office headquarters.

For industry, I don't know why coal isn't being looked into anymore, but maybe it's for the better since it can cause a lot of air pollution.

This is just from someone who isn't in control of anything, anyway.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Boicc(m): 6:22am On Dec 23, 2012
coal city z rili expandin n its population growin as well cuz i've experiencin traffic jam in som parts of d city like zik's avenue,unec way n abakpa na no-go area in terms of traffic jam.My mum's pal relocatd recently 4rm lagos n she z nw living wit ha family in abakps.hw i wish sullivan can attract industries in enugu jux like hw he attractd shoppin malls,buildin amusement n d like.They can b sited in emene area cuz dey still get plenty land
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 7:00am On Dec 23, 2012
Boicc
Have you seen emene industrial layout recently...
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by passion007: 7:37am On Dec 23, 2012
afam4eva: Viewing this topic: Dzzbabe, aishatua1, afam4eva(m), Sunny_bobo(m), zone77(m), Nightshift(m) and 2 guest(s)

I always see this lady viewing this thread everyday but never drops a comment. jealousy must be eating up the mofo.
you can't say that. She may be a silent admirer...stunned into silence...like me.

Merry Christmas! cheesy
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 8:06am On Dec 23, 2012
afam4eva: Viewing this topic: Dzzbabe, aishatua1, afam4eva(m), Sunny_bobo(m), zone77(m), Nightshift(m) and 2 guest(s)

you should have checked up her posts before make such conclusion.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by achi4u(m): 8:41am On Dec 23, 2012
centje: Boicc
Have you seen emene industrial layout recently...
centje
There was this very big factory being build at Emene industrial layout with red aluminum....what is it all about?,

The coal city canival is somthing else,alot of swagg and money spending.

To God Be The Glory.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 9:24am On Dec 23, 2012
@Achi
Is it the one near PRODA road?
I haven't really taken a closer look at that site. They've being doing some construction work there for some years now. Its nearing completion so i guess we'll get to know soon.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nightshift(m): 11:45am On Dec 23, 2012
centje: @Achi
Is it the one near PRODA road?
I haven't really taken a closer look at that site. They've being doing some construction work there for some years now. Its nearing completion so i guess we'll get to know soon.
The factory under construction belongs to Alo Aluminium Nig. Ltd. It's about 1200m from Innoson's plastic company factory. About 200m on the other side of the road(Abakaliki Express) is where Ifeanyi Uba's Tank-Farm is located.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 12:02pm On Dec 23, 2012
Ok...thanks for the info.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by achi4u(m): 12:46pm On Dec 23, 2012
^^^
thanks both of you.
@nightshift u seems to be loaded with info.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by onuleo(m): 12:51pm On Dec 23, 2012
Ws in enugu(abakpa) recently(during d breakdown of d bridge) n trafic ws smtymz worse dan d mainland bridgez in lasgidi. Speaking 4rm ws i saw. I tnk abakpa z more populatd dan d entire benue state. N 4 dat d governor hvnt don up 2 avrege 4 d people. N doz upstairz dia lok xxactly lyk Awada in onitcha. N i wld lyk 2 knw hw big emene industria layout z. A ma b alitle more abt it
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Boicc(m): 6:44pm On Dec 23, 2012
[quote author=centje]Boicc
Have you seen emene industrial layout recently...[/quote
i hav'nt my broda.Although i've bin hearin abt d place sha
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by henrychubayo: 7:55pm On Dec 23, 2012
I will soon be in coal city very soon. In less than 2 weeks from now. i can wait to see more with my very eyes.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by ak47mann(m): 8:25pm On Dec 23, 2012
just chat to chat to my enugu babe she says that the carnival is very big with too much activities i scream chai cool cool
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Odunnu: 8:45pm On Dec 23, 2012
ak47mann: just chat to chat to my enugu babe she says that the carnival is very big with too much activities i scream chai cool cool
Which carnival? Ask her if she's sure she isnt in Calabar
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by igboboy1(m): 10:22am On Dec 24, 2012
Nightshift: Enugu is expanding due to population pressure. Those Islands may not have that kind of pressure like Enugu. Spanish Island of Palma de Mallorca is an example.

population gini?
Nna enugu is a sleepy town biko, ha ka na rahu ura na Enugu....The city is serene and calm no doubt but too dull (as in energy ) for my liking....
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by ak47mann(m): 5:02pm On Dec 24, 2012
Odunnu:
Which carnival? Ask her if she's sure she isnt in Calabar
cheesy no she is in enugu not calabar....

(1) (2) (3) ... (82) (83) (84) (85) (86) (87) (88) ... (697) (Reply)

Update on developments in Anambra state-photos / Few Pics From Imo State / Abubakar Shekau, Boko Haram Leader Speaks To BBC Hausa, Enjoys Killing People.

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.