Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,187 members, 7,811,474 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 12:33 PM

Would There Ever Be Universal Unity With Colored/black Folks? - Culture (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Would There Ever Be Universal Unity With Colored/black Folks? (11264 Views)

How Are Your Older Folks Responding To New Technology? / Kegites Club: Unity In Diversity...please Introduce Urself And Ur Ilya / Question To The Fulani Folks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Would There Ever Be Universal Unity With Colored/black Folks? by MrsChima(f): 10:50am On Jul 04, 2012
Shollypopz:
IT WASN'T MEANT FOR YOU TO GET!!.......I THINK I MADE IT PRETTY OBVIOUS WHO MY COMMENT WAS DIRECTED AT!!

This thread started with trying to prove Kandii and Ogugua ignorant! Like really, do i hv to start quoting ppl mtcheeeww

Royal did not create this thread....I did. There is nothing in my original post bearing Kandi and Oguga's names. The thread question is would there ever be an universal unity with black folks? Do you see Kandi and Oguga's name in the title?

No, you do not. People is plural and person is singular so if you have an issue with Royal's statement then you need to be direct. Use that Somalian monkey's example...he didn't need a crowd to speak his mind and he stood by it alone.

Now you can run over there and tell that.

1 Like

Re: Would There Ever Be Universal Unity With Colored/black Folks? by MrsChima(f): 10:58am On Jul 04, 2012
DaRapture:

Damn, that's too bad. I missed out because my DaRapture account was put on suspention for posting too many pics in the African-American beauty thread. cheesy cheesy These mods are a trip round here. So they were in that thread talking ish about us again? Damn, that's just my kind of thread too, I'm pissed now that I missed it. I'm fittin to go AKATA up in this biatch now. angry

Then stop posting excessive pictures. tongue tongue tongue

You didn't miss shit...just a bunch of negros debating on whom is better than whom. If you do not use the English words correctly...then you are unintelligent. It is funny because English isn't any of their first language.

You did better watching the paint dry.
Re: Would There Ever Be Universal Unity With Colored/black Folks? by Nobody: 10:58am On Jul 04, 2012
what d f*ck are you talking about
u are one silly woman! mtcheew
Re: Would There Ever Be Universal Unity With Colored/black Folks? by MrsChima(f): 10:59am On Jul 04, 2012
Shollypopz:
what d f*ck are you talking about
u are one silly woman! mtcheew

Then what the Bleep were YOU TALKING ABOUT?

You are one silly trick. Bleep you.

1 Like

Re: Would There Ever Be Universal Unity With Colored/black Folks? by Nobody: 11:02am On Jul 04, 2012
MsDarkSkin:

lmao!! grin

right...just saw "people" and from my understanding that is plural.
so my bad...i guess. tongue
ppl: as in everybody that tries engaging in d whole African vs African American debate
Re: Would There Ever Be Universal Unity With Colored/black Folks? by Nobody: 11:09am On Jul 04, 2012
Mrs.Chima:

Then what the Bleep were YOU TALKING ABOUT?

You are one silly trick. Bleep you.
undecided undecided
Re: Would There Ever Be Universal Unity With Colored/black Folks? by queensmith: 12:33pm On Jul 04, 2012
Mrs.Chima:

I hear you. My husband said similar to what you said. He said he will make sure that all of his children are proud to be Igbos regardless of what people think of Igbos.

He is already quoting a bride price on Baby C and she ain't even had her period yet! Smh.

this woman is soo funny! lol

i feel soo sorry for baby c she has typical igbocious parents. those ones that never leave you alone. . . and keep speaking their languange. . .i hope he doesnt decide to send her to Nigeria too. . .that place is a dem death trap. . . . .
Re: Would There Ever Be Universal Unity With Colored/black Folks? by anonymous6(f): 1:04pm On Jul 04, 2012
A tough one, but I think it depends really. People need to remember that this concept/philosophy never existed with Blacks in the first place, along with many races. However I feel there will be Universal Unity amongst Black Africans due to economics or economically but with Black diasporians? I doubt it especially with African americans but possibly with Black Caribbeans, because the views about how to move forward between the communities are different, which is understandable because the issues the communities face are different. I feel when it comes to racism all blacks worldwide sympathize but after that it goes out the window. This debate is to late quite frankly, Africans have many issues facing their community that it is just not a priority since what Black africans face in their country is different from african americans. Despite that that doesn't mean their can never be a distant understanding eventually amongst the communities though but unity in general, I don't know.

Despite that though never say never because a few african countries are doing out reach programs with africans americans like Ghana, South Africa, Liberia and etc but both groups go through a wake up call when they finally meet because most Black african citizens of their countries treat them as Americans while what african americans expect from africans is not what the receive in return, so that is a little gray. Although that is the case I feel it is a good step though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4jFviE37E2Y

At the end of the day though I don't think it is possible among black africans and Black diasporians because most black africans don't hold that philosophy of world wide black unity because racism is not what they face in their homelands(except South Africa) but poverty, tribalism(more so in other countries then others), corruption NOT Racism, so it is not a priority for them. When it comes to Black diasporians world wide Black unity is a philosophy they hold very dear, especially Africans americans(excluding Black Latina's since they don't care). I believe in the future their will be Black African unity(NOT united states of AFRICA) when it comes to economic development and etc but worldwide black unity is a stretch. This video brings up some points about that(I don't agree with everything entirely he says but he does bring up some great points).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vSYpAD5iipc&feature=fvsr

The example blacks need to follow is fix your backyard before fixing others and it shouldn't be by force; so African americans need to concentrate on their community solely to progress their community, Black africans need to start progressing their own countries then start helping other Black african countries, and that goes with Black Caribbeans as well in their communities. That doesn't mean communities Blacks from different communities can't converse with one another but after that it shouldn't be forced.

New world blacks and old world blacks just see things differently, so I doubt it. I feel economic development should be the focus with Black africans and Black Caribbeans, not universal Black unity

1 Like

Re: Would There Ever Be Universal Unity With Colored/black Folks? by Nobody: 2:01pm On Jul 04, 2012
Mrs.Chima:

I hear you. My husband said similar to what you said. He said he will make sure that all of his children are proud to be Igbos regardless of what people think of Igbos.

He is already quoting a bride price on Baby C and she ain't even had her period yet! Smh.

Lolll, when Baby C comes of age, her daddy would be the one bowing to her wishes. Igbo men are suckers for their daughters.
Re: Would There Ever Be Universal Unity With Colored/black Folks? by Blyss: 2:10pm On Jul 04, 2012
Mrs.Chima:

You didn't miss shit...just a bunch of negros debating on whom is better than whom. If you do not use the English words correctly...then you are unintelligent. It is funny because English isn't any of their first language.

Nah, they were just mad because I was slaughtering the comp. relentlessly. Oh, so they were on this bone again, hummm? Were you around during my "HERO" days, Mrs.Chima? Back then, there were loads of us AA on here debating with some of these same people, and others who no longer post here about this same issue and many other more intellectual ones comparable to it. Drusilla, Sista, Girl22, Mandingo and several more AA posters were on here holding it down for the AA people who back then it seemed as though it was a daily routine to be targeted in threads all over this site. But I'm kind of a contriversial person, so I loved it. undecided
Re: Would There Ever Be Universal Unity With Colored/black Folks? by Nobody: 2:40pm On Jul 04, 2012
Mrs.Chima:

LOL this girl is awesome...

seriously @ Rapture...it was nada!! tongue
pointless, baseless and nonsensical stereotypes...the usual.
Re: Would There Ever Be Universal Unity With Colored/black Folks? by Nobody: 2:43pm On Jul 04, 2012
Blyss:

Nah, they were just mad because I was slaughtering the comp. relentlessly. Oh, so they were on this bone again, hummm? Were you around during my "HERO" days, Mrs.Chima? Back then, there were loads of us AA on here debating with some of these same people, and others who no longer post here about this same issue and many other more intellectual ones comparable to it. Drusilla, Sista, Girl22, Mandingo and several more AA posters were on here holding it down for the AA people who back then it seemed as though it was a daily routine to be targeted in threads all over this site. But I'm kind of a contriversial person, so I loved it. undecided

lol...wow. smh.
this is just depressing.

at the end of the day, those who know better do better. wink
Re: Would There Ever Be Universal Unity With Colored/black Folks? by Nobody: 2:45pm On Jul 04, 2012
Mrs.Chima:

Royal did not create this thread....I did. There is nothing in my original post bearing Kandi and Oguga's names. The thread question is would there ever be an universal unity with black folks? Do you see Kandi and Oguga's name in the title?

No, you do not. People is plural and person is singular so if you have an issue with Royal's statement then you need to be direct. Use that Somalian monkey's example...he didn't need a crowd to speak his mind and he stood by it alone.

Now you can run over there and tell that.

Ayanle has suffered!! grin grin

lol @ run, tell dat...exactly!! wink
Re: Would There Ever Be Universal Unity With Colored/black Folks? by PhysicsQED(m): 3:25pm On Jul 04, 2012
Mrs.Chima:

Again...well to do means having the ability to but not wealthy. If the family does not work nor acquire money there is no way they can send their children to school. Real talk. My definitely of poor is BROKE and not able to provide the means for whatever it is needed.

Many of my classmates in college were African students and I am still friends with them today. I have helped with many of their issues so I know what I am talking about.

I got my sources directly from the HORSE'S MOUTH as I said before. I don't take chewed up bullshit like many chatters on Nairaland does about specific people, place, or thing.

As I said before, if you meant "Somalia poor", then you may have a point and I might actually agree.

But then again your point is kind of meaningless because every other group besides Africans that comes to America and puts their kids in school isn't "Somalia poor" as well and black Americans aren't experiencing Somalian levels of poverty either.

Truly and utterly broke people don't immigrate to America legally and most legal immigrants of all backgrounds - not just Africans - are not truly broke at all (and are not refugees or people being granted asylum, either).

1 Like

Re: Would There Ever Be Universal Unity With Colored/black Folks? by Nobody: 4:12pm On Jul 04, 2012
Lol those nairaland Ladies wanted no parts of Debating Royal

Only Sholly had the courage to show up, The rest viewed like cowards on the guest list.

This isn't Usa Vs Nigeria/Africa

This is Proficiency VS Inability

If you Write "Americans Are Poorly Educated", or "Americans Speak Bad English", "Americans are Lazy always Blaming White Men"

Come Debate, and Let's see

Because Last time i checked, those same stereotypes were Applied and inappropriately attached to Africans x10,000

I think some of our "African" brother's and Sisters are Unaware of their Own stereotypes placed on them by the world

Ill Be Happy To Educate if need be wink

One of the Great Ironies Of World History is that, Black Americans of the New World are Children of the Black Africans who Sold Us away to be Slaves

Yet

Ironically 400 years later the descendants of those Black African's, their African "Children" are now "jealous" because we do not have to "Work" as Hard as Our Brothers and Sisters back "home"(lol) do, because of the endless opportunities and luxuries afforded to us by freedom and wealth

They are Jealous of Americans because Life is much easier over here and Hard Work is not needed to achieve outstanding Lifestyle, Most of Our Sisters and Brothers back "home"(lol) are "slaving" just to survive and maintain survival.

So their "children" call us Lazy, ....LoL I find that Funny, Blame Karma, Blame Ya "Parents". wink

Re: Would There Ever Be Universal Unity With Colored/black Folks? by MrsChima(f): 4:38pm On Jul 04, 2012
PhysicsQED:

As I said before, if you meant "Somalia poor", then you may have a point and I might actually agree.

But then again your point is kind of meaningless because every other group besides Africans that comes to America and puts their kids in school isn't "Somalia poor" as well and black Americans aren't experiencing Somalian levels of poverty either.

Truly and utterly broke people don't immigrate to America legally and most legal immigrants of all backgrounds - not just Africans - are not truly broke at all (and are not refugees or people being granted asylum, either).

You must be responding to another chatter's comment cos I mentioned nothing about immigration. I was speaking of student visas and American universities.

It doesn't matter if you agree or not.....it doesn't change the requirements of getting a student visa in America.

Poor is poor is poor.
Re: Would There Ever Be Universal Unity With Colored/black Folks? by MrsChima(f): 4:58pm On Jul 04, 2012
Royal-VII:

Only Sholly had the courage to show up, The rest viewed like cowards on the guest list.

If you Write "Americans Are Poorly Educated", or "Americans Speak Bad English", "Americans are Lazy always Blaming White Men"

Because Last time i checked, those same stereotypes were Applied and inappropriately attached to Africans x10,000

I think some of our "African" brother's and Sisters are Unaware of their Own stereotypes placed on them by the world

One of the Great Ironies Of World History is that, Black Americans of the New World are Children of the Black Africans who Sold Us away to be Slaves

Yet

Ironically 400 years later the descendants of those Black African's, their African "Children" are now "jealous" because we do not have to "Work" as Hard as Our Brothers and Sisters back "home"(lol) do, because of the endless opportunities and luxuries afforded to us by freedom and wealth

They are Jealous of Americans because Life is much easier over here and Hard Work is not needed to achieve outstanding Lifestyle, Most of Our Sisters and Brothers back "home"(lol) are "slaving" just to survive and maintain survival.

So their "children" call us Lazy, ....LoL I find that Funny, Blame Karma, Blame Ya "Parents". wink

As I said before if their countries were to mplement social services similar to America and UK....many of them wouldn't be talking out the side of their necks. I don't care for it because I have to pay into with my taxes however...I do expect people to use it as a stepping stone and thrive for independence. It is easy to point fingers to what other countries should and shouldn't do. There are a lot of things that African countries should do but it is not up to me to dictate because it doesn't have nothing to do with me but then why would i live in a country where I feel lacks what I think it should have? It doesn't make any sense to me.

One thing I can say about Black Americans....they have fought and demanded civil rights in a country that isn't theirs. However, you have many Africans who leaders are allowing OUTSIDERS to rape their country while they are standing back doing nothing effective. Why are the people complaining if things are where it should be?

Americanized immigrants....won't even identify themselves their origin nationalities. I made a mistake of calling some of them by their origin and I was cussed out!

What does that tell you?
Re: Would There Ever Be Universal Unity With Colored/black Folks? by Blyss: 5:05pm On Jul 04, 2012
Royal-VII:

Yet

Truth!!
Re: Would There Ever Be Universal Unity With Colored/black Folks? by MrsChima(f): 5:11pm On Jul 04, 2012
anonymous6: A tough one, but I think it depends really. People need to remember that this concept/philosophy never existed with Blacks in the first place, along with many races. However I feel there will be Universal Unity amongst Black Africans due to economics or economically but with Black diasporians? I doubt it especially with African americans but possibly with Black Caribbeans, because the views about how to move forward between the communities are different, which is understandable because the issues the communities face are different. I feel when it comes to racism all blacks worldwide sympathize but after that it goes out the window. This debate is to late quite frankly, Africans have many issues facing their community that it is just not a priority since what Black africans face in their country is different from african americans. Despite that that doesn't mean their can never be a distant understanding eventually amongst the communities though but unity in general, I don't know.

Despite that though never say never because a few african countries are doing out reach programs with africans americans like Ghana, South Africa, Liberia and etc but both groups go through a wake up call when they finally meet because most Black african citizens of their countries treat them as Americans while what african americans expect from africans is not what the receive in return, so that is a little gray. Although that is the case I feel it is a good step though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4jFviE37E2Y

At the end of the day though I don't think it is possible among black africans and Black diasporians because most black africans don't hold that philosophy of world wide black unity because racism is not what they face in their homelands(except South Africa) but poverty, tribalism(more so in other countries then others), corruption NOT Racism, so it is not a priority for them. When it comes to Black diasporians world wide Black unity is a philosophy they hold very dear, especially Africans americans(excluding Black Latina's since they don't care). I believe in the future their will be Black African unity(NOT united states of AFRICA) when it comes to economic development and etc but worldwide black unity is a stretch. This video brings up some points about that(I don't agree with everything entirely he says but he does bring up some great points).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vSYpAD5iipc&feature=fvsr

The example blacks need to follow is fix your backyard before fixing others and it shouldn't be by force; so African americans need to concentrate on their community solely to progress their community, Black africans need to start progressing their own countries then start helping other Black african countries, and that goes with Black Caribbeans as well in their communities. That doesn't mean communities Blacks from different communities can't converse with one another but after that it shouldn't be forced.

New world blacks and old world blacks just see things differently, so I doubt it. I feel economic development shouldn't be the focus with Black africans and Black Caribbeans, not universal Black unity

I read all that you said and I hear you.

You can have 20 million of Africans working together to build a bridge so it is easy to cross from one side to the next but if you have 10 million ignorant niggas on the side talking about they are tired and throwing sand in your garri....how can a bridge be built?

The same thing goes for Black Americas, Black Brits, and Carribs. There are thousands of Blacks in America and Islands working together but constantly have to fight ignorant niggas at the same time. They are working harder to bring progression in their communities the same thing for Africans.

How do you expect Africans to work together when they can't even spend a day without worrying about who is Igbo, Hausa, Yoruba, Ashanti, Zulu, and Bantu?

Many Black Americans complaining about the "white man" when many Africans complaining about whom is the lightest! Really?

The question is....do anyone even like themselves enough to move forward?
Re: Would There Ever Be Universal Unity With Colored/black Folks? by MrsChima(f): 5:21pm On Jul 04, 2012
Ms. Darkskin sis....

Do me a favor....ask your boyfriend...what were the requirements of obtaining a student visa or do he know any Africans that obtained their American student visa from their home country and ask if they just came over with a dollar and nothing else?

Thanks. I got mofos thinking I am making up shit.
Re: Would There Ever Be Universal Unity With Colored/black Folks? by anonymous6(f): 5:37pm On Jul 04, 2012
Mrs.Chima:

I read all that you said and I hear you.

You can have 20 million of Africans working together to build a bridge so it is easy to cross from one side to the next but if you have 10 million ignorant niggas on the side talking about they are tired and throwing sand in your garri....how can a bridge be built?

The same thing goes for Black Americas, Black Brits, and Carribs. There are thousands of Blacks in America and Islands working together but constantly have to fight ignorant niggas at the same time. They are working harder to bring progression in their communities the same thing for Africans.

How do you expect Africans to work together when they can't even spend a day without worrying about who is Igbo, Hausa, Yoruba, Ashanti, Zulu, and Bantu?

Many Black Americans complaining about the "white man" when many Africans complaining about whom is the lightest! Really?

The question is....do anyone even like themselves enough to move forward?

True, you have some points. To me at this point for the black race in general needs to start ignoring foolish people in their own cultural community in order to move forward to progress with in their communities.
Re: Would There Ever Be Universal Unity With Colored/black Folks? by Blyss: 5:46pm On Jul 04, 2012
Mrs.Chima:
Ms. Darkskin sis....

Do me a favor....ask your boyfriend...what were the requirements of obtaining a student visa or do he know any Africans that obtained their American student visa from their home country and ask if they just came over with a dollar and nothing else?

You have to qualify for and obtain the student visa while still back home in your native nation. In many cases, you'd need an American based sponsor, most get the school they're attending to do that, but even that's not enough, you have to in some convince a caseworker that you're a trustworthy person who intends on returning back home, and as an unmarried, wide eyed youthful student, that is a very difficult thing to convince someone of, with the acception of if YOUR FAMILY IS WELL OFF, YOUR FAMILY IS IN POLITICS, YOUR FAMILY IS IN SOME WAY WELL GROUNDED IN YOUR NATION ENOUGH SO THAT IT"LL BE TO YOUR BENIFIT TO RETURN HOME, cheesy AKA they aint gonna give no broke azz Africans a student visa. cheesy And they back this policy, with astanomicle fees to process their papers, in which run in the thousands of $, so high that your average African could not afford it, only the ones with well off families. cheesy Is that the answer you were looking for Sis? wink

2 Likes

Re: Would There Ever Be Universal Unity With Colored/black Folks? by Nobody: 5:53pm On Jul 04, 2012
PhysicsQED:

lmao, where are you guys getting this stuff from?

But I guess I'd need you to define "poor" first before just laughing this claim off.

If you mean Somalia poor, then you may have a point.

I honestly don't know either. Most Africans who make it here comprise of struggling folk who seek greener pastures abroad.

And they make up the majority of folks in the elite schools. Case in point: the Nigerian kid who got graduated with the highest GPA at Johns Hopkins.

1 Like

Re: Would There Ever Be Universal Unity With Colored/black Folks? by PhysicsQED(m): 5:53pm On Jul 04, 2012
Mrs.Chima:
Ms. Darkskin sis....

Why do you keep talking about student visas? I never commented on the student visa stuff because it wasn't what I was talking about in the first place.

In the original post, you simply claimed that an African student had to be from a "well to do" family to be schooling in America, which is simply false. End of.

1 Like

Re: Would There Ever Be Universal Unity With Colored/black Folks? by Nobody: 5:55pm On Jul 04, 2012
Student visas are not the only way for immigrants to come to the US.

Ever heard of green card lotteries, refugee immigration?

Come on...you guys are reaching here with the whole elite African thing. Not to say that education in the top schools ever did anything for the lay African in Africa at the end of the day though.

1 Like

Re: Would There Ever Be Universal Unity With Colored/black Folks? by PhysicsQED(m): 5:57pm On Jul 04, 2012
nnenna.1:

I honestly don't know either. Most Africans who make it here comprise of struggling folk who seek greener pastures abroad.

And they make up the majority of folks in the elite schools. Case in point: the Nigerian kid who got graduated with the highest GPA at Johns Hopkins.

The Africans here are from different social strata. Some are "well to do", some are middle class, and some are from a poorer background. Reading claims that every African student in an American university is "well to do" after seeing direct evidence to the contrary multiple times with my own eyes is a bit unsettling because it makes me think people are falling for this idea of only the few "rich elite" blacks being able to do well abroad.

1 Like

Re: Would There Ever Be Universal Unity With Colored/black Folks? by Nobody: 6:07pm On Jul 04, 2012
@ original topic/question - in my opinion, not in a very long while.

It's actually not so much the lack of unity as it is uniting when unity would serve as a general benefit.

We can be different and still play our commonalities for mutual benefit. Europe comprises of different countries and different groups but they prove to be much more efficient with coming together when it suits them. Heck,you even can see this with how the US/Europe relationship is strong.

Contrast this with say, Nigeria vs. Ghana. Africans are not just not as diplomatic overall.

We are very, VERY accommodating to others though. Can't wrap my head around that.
Re: Would There Ever Be Universal Unity With Colored/black Folks? by Nobody: 6:38pm On Jul 04, 2012
nnenna.1:
@ It's actually not so much the lack of unity as it is uniting when unity would serve as a general benefit.

Europe comprises of different countries and different groups but they prove to be much more efficient with coming together when it suits them. Heck,you even can see this with how the US/Europe relationship is strong.

Explain the Bold.

Where would Black Unity serve as a General Benefit.

How do you Unite Something that Has no Definitive meaning.

@The Us/Europe Relationship being strong(Mainly US/UK)

It is worth Noting That in the Animal Kingdom living organisms who are classified as having the most diversity do not get along.

~Felidae~ are a good example of this

Humans are much Like Animals, In fact pretty much the same.

The more Diverse a Group, the Less they get along.

Whites on average are Less Diverse than "Blacks"

Our own so called Diversity is what makes us Beautiful, but also tears us Apart.

The Diversity of Whites is not as Wide Ranged as "Blacks"

Therefor More Social Acceptable to "BrotherHood"...and Family United Structure

...Like...

....Say...

Elephants.

Or

~Elephantidae~

Have you seen the social Structure and Unity of Elephants?...It's Amazing.

When you study "Race" you will notice the races of people who look the most alike share the most Racial Harmony

Like say, The Chinese....East Asians

Much more of a BrotherHood Bond Than "Blacks"

Ask yourself Why........

2 Likes

Re: Would There Ever Be Universal Unity With Colored/black Folks? by Nobody: 6:44pm On Jul 04, 2012
Kind of Explains why there is so much "CatFighting" Among "Blacks"
Re: Would There Ever Be Universal Unity With Colored/black Folks? by MrsChima(f): 6:49pm On Jul 04, 2012
PhysicsQED:

Why do you keep talking about student visas? I never commented on the student visa stuff because it wasn't what I was talking about in the first place.

In the original post, you simply claimed that an African student had to be from a "well to do" family to be schooling in America, which is simply false. End of.

First of all I was talking to [size=44pt]Ms. Darkskin[/size] and YOU asked me to clarify...MY ANSWER REGARDING STUDENT VISA was toward MS. DARKSKIN because she asked me [size=44pt]A QUESTION.[/size]

And I am going to continue to talk about STUDENT VISAS because that is what I WANT TO TALK ABOUT.
Re: Would There Ever Be Universal Unity With Colored/black Folks? by MrsChima(f): 6:51pm On Jul 04, 2012
nnenna.1:
[size=44pt]Student visas are not the only way for immigrants to come to the US.

Ever heard of green card lotteries, refugee immigration? [/size]

Come on...you guys are reaching here with the whole elite African thing. Not to say that education in the top schools ever did anything for the lay African in Africa at the end of the day though.

[size=44pt]Duh![/size] You are late. Ms. Darkskin lectured about it.
Re: Would There Ever Be Universal Unity With Colored/black Folks? by anonymous6(f): 7:00pm On Jul 04, 2012
PhysicsQED:

The Africans here are from different social strata. Some are "well to do", some are middle class, and some are from a poorer background. Reading claims that every African student in an American university is "well to do" after seeing direct evidence to the contrary multiple times with my own eyes is a bit unsettling because it makes me think people are falling for this idea of only the few "rich elite" blacks being able to do well abroad.

Cosign 100%, if you go to Harvard, johns Hopkins University, and etc many educated Nigerians and other africans attending there have doctorate, engineering and etc degrees and many of them came from poor backgrounds, and the rest are actually from middle class backgrounds, not to many from wealthy backgrounds. This shouldn't be surprised especially in Nigeria because in certain parts of Nigeria, like Lagos for example by law gives free education regardless of socioeconomically status.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

What Is The Pidgin Translation Of Your Native Name? / Book On The Ibibio Culture / Dating A Nigerian Guy In China

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 117
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.