Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,471 members, 7,816,117 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:22 AM

Pictures Of The Week (Ugly Side Of Lagos) - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Pictures Of The Week (Ugly Side Of Lagos) (31861 Views)

Poll: Do you support the public posting of these pictures?

Yes: it's the reality!: 90% (233 votes)
No: we must pretend!: 9% (24 votes)
This poll has ended

Photo Of Lagos Traffic In 1982 / 10 Unbelievable Photos Of Lagos You Will Mistake For London / Pictures of Lagos Skyline (City-Scape) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pictures Of The Week (Ugly Side Of Lagos) by nigeriaone: 6:41am On Dec 06, 2007
[url]Http://NigeriaONE.com[/url]

compare Schools in Lagos to schools in abuja

www.nairaland.com/attachments/57360_lagosschool1_jpg40ca92fcb8d010d5e60baf053c19ecd6
www.nairaland.com/attachments/57361_lagosschool2_jpg1c41edb9e149317c4089abf7b0e44484
www.nairaland.com/attachments/57362_lagosschool3_jpg0f42ca630433b6f768d225dad3e121a2

See Abuja school and compare,

Now compare it with abuja schools,   You see,  I do not want to show schools in ondo , ekiti, oyo,osun , ogun kwara ,edo, balyesa, delta state or other southern state,  The north have a upper hand,  in education,  because they have use words like federal character, educational disadvantage to cheat the system.

The last option may lead to war against the north,  if they refuse to change,  And Africa can not affort blood shed again,  but it looks like the last option,  The south can not be baking the cake while the north to continue to enjoy the cake,  It is time to either practice a true federal system,  or  break up the federation,  Man must determine its desnity or another would for them. It takes a man once to die,  or you and your generation to come would continue to suffer,  Like I said before Yorubas have no leaders again,  same with the south south,  I think we should do away  with our so call leader in Nigeria ,  and list new one,  It is time for us to take over leadership.  This men have fail us,  Who honestly his fighting for the common man in Nigeria,  who, ? 

I feel for you people, my children do not have to go through this,  but yours have to,  I took my destiny into my hand and stop listen to some of the religion scam preach in Nigeria by religious leaders to enrich their own lifes, 

It is time to say NO to the cheating. Fashola and other southern governor  should direct all agency  should  stop paying taxes to the federal govt,  This is the only way abuja would listen,  Look,  Nobody from abuja can comes to the south to collect any tax if the people refuses,  There is a time to say No,  They can not kill you all,  They need the money to run a govt in abuja,  If they do not get any money,  They would start fighting themself or agree with you. All the southern governor should just agree to stop paying Taxes to the federal and see what the federal govt would do,  And I know nothing really. They are all afrraid of police or EFCC,  Can police or EFCC arrest anyone that is fighting for people right,  If they try ,  people would burn down the police or EFCC building and all office would live to tell the story. Martin Luthern King knew his faith,  and Kill fear. Man only die once,  It is only one bullet they would use to kill abacha or IBB,  but Nigerian are coward.

starve  abuja of money and you see what happen,  Monkey they chop bambom they work,  You people in Nigeria are either fool or stupid. I love white people,  they  take the bull by the horn. They do not take shit from anyone. If you cheat white man,  he would not go to one pastor or anyone,  he deals with it there and there, 

noone in america or europe can help them in Nigeria, they the governor have to help themself,  You see,  individual make up the govt,  If the lagos state govt pays all VAT to themself in Lagos,  honestly tell me what would federal do,  ?? Nothing,  He can not tell the military to come to Lagos and shoot them or remove Fashola ,  he can not,  This is not a military govt. federal have to go to the court,  If I know Nigeria justice system well,  It would take them 30 years to solve the matter,

The whole of the south should stop paying VAT to the federal govt period,   If you are in a abusive relationship,  And you allow your partner to abuse you , it would continue , until the day you say NO,  And you refuse to be abuse,  This is what is happening,  they need to take a bold step,  If they stop VAT.  The federal stop what OIl money,  Will federal leave abuja and come and force people,  NO,  he can not even use the Military,  because Nigeria military is divided on ethnics line,   If he tries federal would be forcing Nigeria into a civil war.

It is time to say No to this abuse relationship,  If we do not say NO now,  how children and future generation would continue to suffer for it,   Look You see how bold I have been on the issue of satellite picture,  because I do not fear death. man one die once,   If you do not kill your fear, honestly your fear could kill you, I dead many years ago.   I do not take shit because I do not give out shit. the south is in an abusive relationship that need to stop,  If the only way to stop it is a civil war,  So let it be,  But I still believe the senate can do something,  But if they fail to stop the nonsense,  their may be no other option open to the people.

Look the problem is not biafra or what ever. The problem is about pratice true democracy. How on earth would the federal govt take all the taxes in Nigeria,  It have not be heard of anywhere in the world. VAT which they call state taxes in the USA,  is collected by the state,  Not the federal govt, but the federal govt of Nigeria is collecting revenue that is for the state,  Like education taxes, petrol taxes, companies taxes, personal taxes,   what taxes is there for the  state to collect. We need to change it. You can not say you are a democratic nation when you do not practice democratic ideas, ?? period,  We are still under the military taxes system and revenue allocation taxes system,  and it need to go,  Nowhere in this world that practice our taxes system,  where the federal govt takes everything, 

We are not yet a democratic country , You can not say you are a democratic nation when you do not practice democratic ideas, ?? period,  The military taxes and revenue system needs to go,  NO MORE MILITARY. we want democrazy.

http//NigeriaONE.com
Re: Pictures Of The Week (Ugly Side Of Lagos) by mashaun(m): 7:40am On Dec 06, 2007
sad sad sad imagine, billions of naira for a group of people for upkeeping while larger % are dying of hunger, ,
there has not yet being a people oriented government in this country,
Re: Pictures Of The Week (Ugly Side Of Lagos) by yimiton(f): 7:45am On Dec 06, 2007
These pictures are real but are all the schools public schools or private schools.

I know a lot of private schools in Lagos with these kinds of facilities but the point is that a lot of people cannot afford them.
I also know a lot of public schools in Abuja with poor schools like the ones depicted as Lagos schools.

So, basically, I don't think this is about Housa, Yoruba or Ibo, it is about the country, it's about all of us.
Fact is we need a revolution, not violent revolution but a change of orientation.
We also need young, intelligent and well educated people in governance, people who know how to bring about change and how to carry the people along.
Finally, we need good education and of course most importantly, prayers.
Re: Pictures Of The Week (Ugly Side Of Lagos) by okoomoge2(m): 8:10am On Dec 06, 2007
This country of ours is a country that I regret being a national I must confess!
I can tell you for real that some politician have upto 2bn cash in their house( Hard currency and Naira)
In this same country I know of a guy that lives in VGC and has up to 14 Cars with the lowest car a 2006 BMW convertible, In this same country heard with my own ears no be same dem tell me 30millon to be given to a politician to contest against the Governors candidate for House of assembly.
The same country one past Governor had what they call normal fajee with Guys and their Ashewos in one dead end called akodo town in lagos( you get to ajah then you take a speed boat to the location), spent close to 3.5mill for a nite on fajee.
The same country where commissioners of Governors launder money and take 20% of the total dough as compensation, The same country where our leaders involve in hardcore shady deals that people must not hear.
I weep for 9ja, this country is doomed, it can never get better. My heart bleeds so badly only if I could just get another citizenship and my generations would cease to be 9jarians.
Obansanjo and co are bastards, May they rot in hell fire. Men those guys are mean as in mean. Imagine $400bn stolen by past leadership of 9ja.
The stealing is still on and only God can deliver us. Only God I swear.
Re: Pictures Of The Week (Ugly Side Of Lagos) by ayefele200(m): 8:12am On Dec 06, 2007
oko-omoge:

This country of ours is a country that I regret being a national I must confess!
I can tell you for real that some politician have upto 2bn cash in their house( Hard currency and Naira)
In this same country I know of a guy that lives in VGC and has up to 14 Cars with the lowest car a 2006 BMW convertible, In this same country heard with my own ears no be same them tell me 30millon to be given to a politician to contest against the Governors candidate for House of assembly.
The same country one past Governor had what they call normal fajee with Guys and their Ashewos in one dead end called akodo town in lagos( you get to ajah then you take a speed boat to the location), spent close to 3.5mill for a night on fajee.
The same country where commissioners of Governors launder money and take 20% of the total dough as compensation, The same country where our leaders involve in hardcore shady deals that people must not hear.
I weep for Nigeria, this country is doomed, it can never get better. My heart bleeds so badly only if I could just get another citizenship and my generations would cease to be 9jarians.
Obansanjo and co are bastards, May they rot in hell fire. Men those guys are mean as in mean. Imagine $400bn stolen by past leadership of Nigeria.
The stealing is still on and only God can deliver us. Only God I swear.

certainly urs will be worse when u get to the seaT.glutton idiot
Re: Pictures Of The Week (Ugly Side Of Lagos) by ndubest(m): 8:13am On Dec 06, 2007
, Lagos na wa ooooooooo
Re: Pictures Of The Week (Ugly Side Of Lagos) by pisces20: 8:15am On Dec 06, 2007
if you are really concerned about the situation of our country, you can start by doing something
very tanjible about it. posting d pictures in this forum makes no sense, it will only lead to mockery
by foreigners.
we also have good stuffs in our counntry and there's no country without a badside (even US).
we don't have to wash our dirty linen in public. there are better ways to go about it.
Re: Pictures Of The Week (Ugly Side Of Lagos) by PandN(f): 8:55am On Dec 06, 2007
Wow, even though I am not Nigerian, as an African it pains me to see these pictures. More so for a 'great' nation as Nigeria - a country with one of the most educated people in Africa (most of my best teachers in high school, professors at the university were Nigerians. Even at my place of work, one of the best advisors we ever had from Africa was Nigerian). This is beyond my level of comprehension. One wonders doesn’t economic theory apply in Africa - 'human capital development good for economic growth (and poverty eradication)'?? What can we as the new generation of Africans do to save our continent? I mean it could have been me or you in those pictures; after all we don’t get to choose our birth families.
Re: Pictures Of The Week (Ugly Side Of Lagos) by nigeriaone: 8:57am On Dec 06, 2007
"' dirty linen in public.""  Nonsense if the federal govt do not want disgrace let them start doing the right thing and put thing inplace in lagos,  We have ask for the creation of 4 more state to correct the injustice done to the Yorubas by the military govt.
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-91413.192.html

Can you imagine that the federal govt is going about telling Nigeria about one stupid vision 2020,  Who is going to be around in 2020 Why did they not wait till 2020 to contest for election, If they love 2020 so much. Nigerian want thing inplace now,  Not in the year 2020. The last six month have shown that Yar Adua minister lack ideas to change Nigeria.  and they all need to go,  Look even Obasanjo govt have one or three ministers with idea of what they want to do,  But with Yar Adua govt, you can not name any minister who have a vision,  His minister I would have to say lack VISION. they are all running after shadow and playing games with Nigeria,
We want VISION 2007 to 2011. Not some useless VISION 2020.

If Yar adua lack ideas, let them ask,  And we would all put input to make his govt better,  if nigeria get better we all get better, if it fail you all would suffer.

Look Mr Yar Adua ministers all you need to do is have vision,  The word of God says my people perish because of lack of knowledge ,  and knowledge is based on wisdom.
Look there are 4 things Yar Adua need to do,   I would take time out to writeaboit it on  http://NigeriaONE.com
Re: Pictures Of The Week (Ugly Side Of Lagos) by OBYLILLY(f): 9:08am On Dec 06, 2007
Hi pple,I think we are not helping ourselves in this nation.We need to be positive and optimistic about this nation.
We can't call Americans to develope this nation for us.nigeria is blessed with so much Resources that even in Donkey
years to come they are still there.
Why not take up the challenge and build Nigeria up,rather than sitting and castigating others.I mean your little effort can go a long mile to improve this
nation.
I so much believe in this country.[color=#990000][/color]Cheers
Re: Pictures Of The Week (Ugly Side Of Lagos) by trillions: 9:09am On Dec 06, 2007
@poster

what your purpose revealing this picks to the whole world to see?

are there no beggars in  new york city or any  other city in the world?

i hope u remain  forever in your so called green pasture foreign land, working as new colonial slaves.

if i might asked boldly, what have done to better this country
Re: Pictures Of The Week (Ugly Side Of Lagos) by iz2much: 9:10am On Dec 06, 2007
Thanks, When Talking about the bad side, dont forget the good side, Lets see
Re: Pictures Of The Week (Ugly Side Of Lagos) by seunspice(m): 9:12am On Dec 06, 2007
i can see Ketu clearly from the second posters's picture , Nija is blessed
Re: Pictures Of The Week (Ugly Side Of Lagos) by conda00410(m): 9:26am On Dec 06, 2007
it is really pathetic,

Re: Pictures Of The Week (Ugly Side Of Lagos) by Mongue(m): 9:30am On Dec 06, 2007
STANDARD,

This is Lagos, love it or hate it. Every day I drive around and this is what I see. I actually don't find it offensive or shocking, it's just standard life here. There are many places which are even worse than this. And the pics don't actually give you any idea of how BAD the smell can be.

Good luck Fashola, your beautification has a long way to go if you want to get rid of all of this!
Re: Pictures Of The Week (Ugly Side Of Lagos) by conda00410(m): 9:37am On Dec 06, 2007
i can't but curse those bastard on the corridor of power,
they will all rut in hell.
say amen

Re: Pictures Of The Week (Ugly Side Of Lagos) by baloo4u2(m): 9:39am On Dec 06, 2007
@Posters,
EKO ONI BAJE O.
Re: Pictures Of The Week (Ugly Side Of Lagos) by conda00410(m): 9:44am On Dec 06, 2007
this is a 5th oil producing nation,
foreign reserve 49billion dollars,
abacha reserve some billion dollar,
obasanjo reserve billion dollar,,,,,,,
Tinubu reserve, same
ibori, kalu, igbinedion,dariye,adedibu, e.t.c
siemen 12 million pounds,
yet 65% of the population wallow in poverty,
i can't just understand
Re: Pictures Of The Week (Ugly Side Of Lagos) by seun001(m): 9:48am On Dec 06, 2007
hmmmmmmmmmmm!no be small thingy oooo! cry
Re: Pictures Of The Week (Ugly Side Of Lagos) by SeXyDiVa4(f): 10:25am On Dec 06, 2007
omG shocked
Look at those pictures, how pathethic!
Re: Pictures Of The Week (Ugly Side Of Lagos) by sukieboy(f): 10:31am On Dec 06, 2007
i think why i support being real and telling ourself the truth about the state of the country, i strongly believe that we can also deal by posting some of the Good places we already having in lagos. At least for the first time, we begining to see a greener Lagos.

We can also see that some places that were formally seen as dum site have been completely cleared.

Any thanks for leting us know that we still have a lot to accomplish.

regards.
Re: Pictures Of The Week (Ugly Side Of Lagos) by romeo(m): 10:55am On Dec 06, 2007
Hahaha you guys need to see this video about Lagos
http://current.com/items/86424621_lagos_la_vida_loca
Re: Pictures Of The Week (Ugly Side Of Lagos) by kamuzu(m): 11:16am On Dec 06, 2007
Abeg, make somebody show us pictures of Obalende and Oshodi under bridge!
Re: Pictures Of The Week (Ugly Side Of Lagos) by CuteAngel(f): 11:19am On Dec 06, 2007
@Hacker

what do you gain by hacking into people's account, use it meaninfully to cure the manace in the society dats what makes you a professional in da field.
Re: Pictures Of The Week (Ugly Side Of Lagos) by yewaman1(m): 11:48am On Dec 06, 2007
For someone like me that grew up in the city of (Lasgidi) Lagos
and thousands of others, Lagos can be a truly beautiful place,
the people that live there have contribute their quater to make it
a truly beautiful city.

I remember my big brother sayin once that, there was a time in Lagos
were milk was delivered to the door step, what happend

Like one governorship candidate said before elections

Eko ni baje,
Re: Pictures Of The Week (Ugly Side Of Lagos) by yewaman1(m): 11:53am On Dec 06, 2007
For someone like me that grew up in the city of (Lasgidi) Lagos
and thousands of others, Lagos can be a truly beautiful place,
the people that live there have contribute their quater to make it
a truly beautiful city.

Like one governorship candidate said before elections

Eko  o ni baje,  
Re: Pictures Of The Week (Ugly Side Of Lagos) by Seun(m): 11:55am On Dec 06, 2007
Nothing stops you from starting a milk delivery company in Lagos today. Stop whining, start acting!
Re: Pictures Of The Week (Ugly Side Of Lagos) by kamuzu(m): 12:01pm On Dec 06, 2007
Seun, try reply this sexydiva make person mind come down. Abi u no get something to say?
Re: Pictures Of The Week (Ugly Side Of Lagos) by folahann(m): 12:07pm On Dec 06, 2007
I think there sshould be another thread for beautiful side of Lagos
Re: Pictures Of The Week (Ugly Side Of Lagos) by yewaman1(m): 12:08pm On Dec 06, 2007
this pictures are shocking, we all av a roe to play in the development of the country, education is zero, what type of education are you providing for students (the so called leaders of tomorow) sitting on the bare-floor, in class rooms that have no roofs, no windows and doors and those that have the best infarstructure are sleeping in class, na wa oooo.

Soical infrastructure forget it, only God we save us from BAD LEADERS, we need leaders that have the interest of their pple at heart.
Re: Pictures Of The Week (Ugly Side Of Lagos) by peteroby(m): 12:10pm On Dec 06, 2007
The yorubas should be held responsible for the whole mess in Lagos.
Re: Pictures Of The Week (Ugly Side Of Lagos) by yewaman1(m): 12:15pm On Dec 06, 2007
this pictures are shocking, we all av a roe to play in the development of the country, education is zero, what type of education are you providing for students (the so called leaders of tomorow) sitting on the bare-floor, in class rooms that have no roofs, no windows and doors and those that have the best infarstructure are sleeping in class, na wa oooo.

Social infrastructure forget it, only God we save us from BAD LEADERS, we need leaders that have the interest of their pple at heart.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Bayelsa The Pride Of The Nation (pictures) / Heavy Food In Benin City After Today's Rainfall (Photos) / Passengers Robbed Mid-Air On-board A South African Airways Flight

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.