Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,093 members, 7,818,281 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:48 AM

Wanted To Marry Her But Found Out She Is Older - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Wanted To Marry Her But Found Out She Is Older (17048 Views)

How I Pranked A Girl That Wanted To Chop My Money - Diary Of A Jobless Nigerian / TEST: Marry Her If She Can Eat This With You / Can You Tell If A Girl Is Going To Get Fat When She Is Older? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Wanted To Marry Her But Found Out She Is Older by dayokanu(m): 8:23pm On Jul 12, 2012
Re: Wanted To Marry Her But Found Out She Is Older by Reference(m): 8:24pm On Jul 12, 2012
All the gals in the house in one chorus singing 'Age is just a number, age is just a numberr, age is just a numberrrr....'.

My man, age is more than just a number. There is a reason Adam was created before Eve. Research and apply please before you live a life of unnecessary stress. Wisdom is profitable to direct, church man.

2 Likes

Re: Wanted To Marry Her But Found Out She Is Older by Mynd44: 8:25pm On Jul 12, 2012
2 years is not so bad nah
Re: Wanted To Marry Her But Found Out She Is Older by Bright2(m): 8:25pm On Jul 12, 2012
Bros! This one you are asking us crirtical question get ready for critical answer. Please slow down with the speed of that your marriage,take time & sort out things your self before venturing into it oo! No trial version in marriage!
Re: Wanted To Marry Her But Found Out She Is Older by Reference(m): 8:28pm On Jul 12, 2012
Re: Wanted To Marry Her But Found Out She Is Older by Govono(m): 8:35pm On Jul 12, 2012
Eminentsam: I began to develop feelings for her when i noticed her in my church and i started considering her for marriage but on approachin and drawing closer to her i discovered she is abt 2 yrs older than me but stil looks very young like d same age or even younger than me and i hav proposed to her already pls advice me bc i realy like her and am an only son.
Re: Wanted To Marry Her But Found Out She Is Older by Nobody: 8:41pm On Jul 12, 2012
Dont go ahead, cut it off. For the fact that u came online here to seek advise means that your heart is telling u not to marry her, so follow your heart. Ignore the many comments of folks here saying age is just a number, this is africa, age counts. Can u handle d many complications associated with it? I can also guess that 80% of folks here encouraging u dont have their woman older than them, so why push u. Consider my advise, i speak from experience.
Re: Wanted To Marry Her But Found Out She Is Older by crackhouse(m): 8:49pm On Jul 12, 2012
Policewoman: Don't blame the guy. Maybe he is middle aged and the woman has hit MENO.PAUSE.
chai, you eh. U may be right though. Maybe she's 45 and guy is 43, who knows?.
Re: Wanted To Marry Her But Found Out She Is Older by folowo(m): 8:54pm On Jul 12, 2012
You can marry her. I even have ppl who are older than der hubby. Age shld not hold u back You can marry her. I even have ppl who are older than der hubby. Age shld not hold u back You can marry her. I even have ppl who are older than der hubby. Age shld not hold u back
Re: Wanted To Marry Her But Found Out She Is Older by Bigsolo88: 9:07pm On Jul 12, 2012
If u propose to her, u are in fire, if u do engagment wt her u are in inferno, if u marry her u are in hell. A word is enough 4 a wise. Talking frm experience

1 Like

Re: Wanted To Marry Her But Found Out She Is Older by boomssey(f): 9:36pm On Jul 12, 2012
Eminentsam: I began to develop feelings for her when i noticed her in my church and i started considering her for marriage but on approachin and drawing closer to her i discovered she is abt 2 yrs older than me but stil looks very young like d same age or even younger than me and i hav proposed to her already pls advice me bc i realy like her and am an only son.
u dnt any advice,jst go ahead.age dnt mean a tin or jst folow ur hart.
Re: Wanted To Marry Her But Found Out She Is Older by boomssey(f): 9:37pm On Jul 12, 2012
Re: Wanted To Marry Her But Found Out She Is Older by OmanIman: 9:38pm On Jul 12, 2012
Rmbr luv kws no bound..age remains insignificant,only if u luv her.
Re: Wanted To Marry Her But Found Out She Is Older by OmanIman: 9:40pm On Jul 12, 2012
dayokanu: [size=28pt]Age is just a number it doesnt count?[/size]

www.nairaland.com/attachments/641145_dayoooo_jpg7cb13f6e34be5a678af311f8939f8382
www.nairaland.com/attachments/641143_KDC20DA20SWAGGNIFFICENTggg_jpg18128d28c3c4362923b2f43e881e2f7c
www.nairaland.com/attachments/641135_ZEE__aint20no20odacg_jpgbe79bfff9980bba589d19a4b56f8b220

[size=28pt]IS AGE JUST A NUMBER?[/size]
Dis one na Child Abuse and Molestation of an Adult Male by an Alpha Female shocked grin
Re: Wanted To Marry Her But Found Out She Is Older by chukxy44(m): 9:42pm On Jul 12, 2012
@poster, am sure you are still confused just as I am, the thing about sharing your challenges (most especially issues of friendship, love and dating) is that after all is said and done you are still saddled with the responsibility of taking your own decision.

If mine was just two years older we would have gotten married this year, I have dated so many but none like her, she is like an already made wife material, very understanding, loving and caring but she is 4 years older than I am. If you think you are confused then add two more years to hers and tell me how you feel.

Right now we are just hanging on, she is ready to go ahead with our plans to get married but waiting for me to decide if dats is what i truly want.

For us, love is not an issue,neither is submission d issue but age. Four years is a lot for me, if mine was two years forget am na marry straight.
Re: Wanted To Marry Her But Found Out She Is Older by August21(m): 9:48pm On Jul 12, 2012
Marriage is a lifetime contract. So I tink u shd luk @ her mum nd oda older members of her family 2 see hw dey look wen dey get old. because @ old age u will still want ur wife 2 luk gud nd attractive. If you d kind of guy dat is obsessed wt beauty den don't deceive ursef if d gals mother doesn't luk gud @ her age . Den be ready 2 bear wateva U get wen u get married. Look before u leap.
Re: Wanted To Marry Her But Found Out She Is Older by August21(m): 9:52pm On Jul 12, 2012
folowo: You can marry her. I even have ppl who are older than der hubby. Age shld not hold u back You can marry her. I even have ppl who are older than der hubby. Age shld not hold u back You can marry her. I even have ppl who are older than der hubby. Age shld not hold u back
Can u name any Nigerian couple where u av d woman being older dan d Man. I tink it will help strenghten d resolve of pple goin thru dis same problem.
Re: Wanted To Marry Her But Found Out She Is Older by phadat(m): 9:55pm On Jul 12, 2012
Age is nothing but number what really matters is what you guys feel for each other if its real then I see no reason why yuo can't follow your heart goodluck with that
Re: Wanted To Marry Her But Found Out She Is Older by dabrake(m): 10:04pm On Jul 12, 2012
And your point is? She's older than you. Right. What is the big deal in it? Matured guys play their role well, they take the right decisions and they gain their wife's respect. Why not adopt same? Or you probably think she will age before you? I've seen 50yr old women look so cute. Halle Berry is in her 40s, same is kate henshaw. It's simply maintenance. Some people are just old, yet, they do not command the slightest respect from others 'cause of their stupidity. Dey dere dey give yourself brain damage because of wetin no even get head sef. Una with stup!d mentality, when una go do away with am? Una tire me jare.
Re: Wanted To Marry Her But Found Out She Is Older by antitpiah: 10:09pm On Jul 12, 2012
dabrake: And your point is? She's older than you. Right. What is the big deal in it? Matured guys play their role well, they take the right decisions and they gain their wife's respect. Why not adopt same? Or you probably think she will age before you? I've seen 50yr old women look so cute. Halle Berry is in her 40s, same is kate henshaw. It's simply maintenance. Some people are just old, yet, they do not command the slightest respect from others 'cause of their stupidity. Dey dere dey give yourself brain damage because of wetin no even get head sef. Una with stup!d mentality, when una go do away with am? Una tire me jare.

The people you mentioned, are they Nigerians?

1 Like

Re: Wanted To Marry Her But Found Out She Is Older by Pakavy(m): 10:18pm On Jul 12, 2012
funny luv
Re: Wanted To Marry Her But Found Out She Is Older by Amdoyin(m): 10:18pm On Jul 12, 2012
Go ahead man***** if u feel she is okay 4u.
Re: Wanted To Marry Her But Found Out She Is Older by Frankem: 10:44pm On Jul 12, 2012

Age is nothing but a number. Understanding and maturity is key for both parties. There are so may relationships in which the lady is older and things are going on smoothly. I was shocked to discover recently that my aunty who had been married for over 30 years is 5 years older than her husband. no one can tell from the outside. it was my mum (her sister) who mentioned this to me recently when we were discussing this issue of age difference!

1 Like

Re: Wanted To Marry Her But Found Out She Is Older by JoeBatters: 10:50pm On Jul 12, 2012
O boi use ur head ooo
Most Women age faster than men except una hold pepper wella for high maintenance.
Secondly most women's sex drive depreciates with time, while that of men remains constant even some times increases.
U also hv to ask if she will be submissive. because once a woman in a home feels that she is ur equal, she automatically ur superior.
Ur lucky its only 2yrs, but u 4 look b4 u leap.
Re: Wanted To Marry Her But Found Out She Is Older by hawawa: 11:11pm On Jul 12, 2012
young man you want to marry but you dont know your reasons of gething marriege,i think you should be seriouse about what you want,for age should'nt have been raised as an issue here.[color=#770077][/color]
Re: Wanted To Marry Her But Found Out She Is Older by Policewoman(f): 11:11pm On Jul 12, 2012
I would never allow my son to marry his mate not to talk of someone older. Women age faster. Thats a fact.

1 Like

Re: Wanted To Marry Her But Found Out She Is Older by JANK23H(m): 11:19pm On Jul 12, 2012
antitpiah:

The people you mentioned, are they Nigerians?
Kate Henshaw is Nigerian.
Re: Wanted To Marry Her But Found Out She Is Older by antitpiah: 11:59pm On Jul 12, 2012
JANK23H:
Kate Henshaw is Nigerian.
'

Which one Kate or Henshaw?

Those names dont sound Yoruba to me
Re: Wanted To Marry Her But Found Out She Is Older by alexola20(m): 12:08am On Jul 13, 2012
Re: Wanted To Marry Her But Found Out She Is Older by hardeyincah(m): 12:36am On Jul 13, 2012
[quote author=Govono][/quote] many marriage collapse cos pple fail to udertsnad that a church is dreadiest place to pick a wife.....our ladies go to church wen they've misused their live in th outside world and they belive they will me SLOW THINKING PEOPLE like u in church to end up with... O boy leave her with her wahala......
Re: Wanted To Marry Her But Found Out She Is Older by Altruist(m): 2:03am On Jul 13, 2012
Yorisb:

Why always me? Abi na me say make the girl old pass u? cheesy
shu'up! my frnd
Re: Wanted To Marry Her But Found Out She Is Older by Altruist(m): 2:12am On Jul 13, 2012
smileyguy cari on. Wishin u hapi marriage life in advans

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Which Male Body Part Do You Find Sexiest? / Valantine: How Did You Meet Your Lover? / The Selfish Human And The 'unconditional Love' Jargon

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.