Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,196 members, 7,815,180 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:32 AM

Soldiers Go Wild After Fashola’s ‘Humiliation’ Of Colonel? - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Soldiers Go Wild After Fashola’s ‘Humiliation’ Of Colonel? (45135 Views)

Dead Body Of Colonel Samaila Inusa Killed By Kidnappers (Photos) / First Day At Work, Ambode Goes After Fashola’s Loyalists, Sacks Fashola’s Sister / After Fashola,who Is Next In Lagos State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Soldiers Go Wild After Fashola’s ‘Humiliation’ Of Colonel? by Nobody: 9:53pm On Jul 19, 2012
naijacloud: and mr know all,how much do u pay a man 2 lay down his life so that others can live? Its ignorant fools like u dat don't realize d sacrifices d army make on behalf of dis entity called nigeria, both internally and externally.
I wonder how you cope with your own stupidity. Is it because of the 'sacrifices' they make that they are free to break laws or defend those that break these laws? Isn't siding with dissidents antithetical to their so called 'sacrifices'?
Re: Soldiers Go Wild After Fashola’s ‘Humiliation’ Of Colonel? by Leadn(m): 9:55pm On Jul 19, 2012
omayyi :
o tell that to those who have never been to lagos. Lagos is one giant disorganised mess. There, people don't actually "live" they just "exist" . congestion, traffic, smelly environment, extortive rents etc, are all features of lagos. One giant sh1t hole, lag. So quit forming as if we are talking of Paris or Cape town here.

You must have visited your peeps who live in slums grin 'cos the gidi I stay (Allen -Ikeja) is far from what you explained and outright better than the so called Paris or Cape Town where illicit drug kingpins operate... SMH
Re: Soldiers Go Wild After Fashola’s ‘Humiliation’ Of Colonel? by antitpiah: 9:57pm On Jul 19, 2012
fresh_dude: I wonder how you cope with your own stupidity. [b]Is it because of the 'sacrifices' they make that they are free to break laws [/b]or defend those that break these laws? Isn't siding with dissidents antithetical to their so called 'sacrifices'?

ABsolutely. if you are willing to pay the ultimate price for your country, you should be allowed to break as many laws as possible. Of course you wouldnt understand, you dont know what it is like to put your life on the line every single day.
Re: Soldiers Go Wild After Fashola’s ‘Humiliation’ Of Colonel? by jude33084(m): 9:58pm On Jul 19, 2012
undecided
kids: Nobody is above the law good... But come to think about is like the nigerian amy does not have any say in this country abi and mind you the road is build by the fedral govt not and the soldier that you people are abusing are the back born of this country well my advice for the lastman and other lagos state worker is to be careful cuz the only language they understand is go.

♍♈ guy άț is ♈☺uЯ point exactly? wink I hope Ɣ☺Ʊ are nt saying that άț τ̲̣̣̥н̣̣̣̝̇̇̇ε̲̣̣̣̥ army did was right? :-/

Army do have ∂ say bt not like τ̲̣̣̥н̣̣̣̝̇̇̇i§̤̥̈̊? Haba!

I stay at Obalende where Ɣ☺Ʊ have lots of soldiers and Discipline is their watch word. smiley
Re: Soldiers Go Wild After Fashola’s ‘Humiliation’ Of Colonel? by Nobody: 9:59pm On Jul 19, 2012
kids: Nobody is above the law good... But come to think about is like the nigerian amy does not have any say in this country abi and mind you the road is build by the fedral govt not and the soldier that you people are abusing are the back born of this country well my advice for the lastman and other lagos state worker is to be careful cuz the only language they understand is go.
Who is this nitwit?
Re: Soldiers Go Wild After Fashola’s ‘Humiliation’ Of Colonel? by fredmankind: 10:00pm On Jul 19, 2012
lacasa: Foolish country Foolish people.
[b][/b] for u writting on this page u are foolish too u guys on nairalanders needs to be tailed
Re: Soldiers Go Wild After Fashola’s ‘Humiliation’ Of Colonel? by SkyBlue1: 10:01pm On Jul 19, 2012
fresh_dude: I wonder how you cope with your own stupidity. Is it because of the 'sacrifices' they make that they are free to break laws or defend those that break these laws? Isn't siding with dissidents antithetical to their so called 'sacrifices'?

I am still trying to understand the logic. But make no mistake, it just goes to show how complicit Nigerians are in their own suffering. They like being trampled on. How many atrocities can we name have befallen this nation under the hands of the army? And someone is calling it an "altruistic profession" by default. Funny trite. People are flogged, beaten, etc, by these "altruistic" officers out to defend their country simply because they have a gun.
Re: Soldiers Go Wild After Fashola’s ‘Humiliation’ Of Colonel? by EkoIle1: 10:01pm On Jul 19, 2012
igbo boy:

Answer: Because their fathers and kinsmen fought to be under one indiviisble country called Nigeria over 40years ago...

Please if you have anymore question, pfeel free to post in NL and I will supply you with answers

All you have to offer is your re...tarded igbotic cave man rubbish and you can shove it inside your backward igbotic a.....as
Re: Soldiers Go Wild After Fashola’s ‘Humiliation’ Of Colonel? by Nobody: 10:01pm On Jul 19, 2012
antitpiah:

ABsolutely. if you are willing to pay the ultimate price for your country, you should be allowed to break as many laws as possible. Of course you wouldnt understand, you dont know what it is like to put your life on the line every single day.
Nigga please. When do you intend to start making sense? If that's your logic then this arguument is over. I don't even know where to approach you from.Smfh
Re: Soldiers Go Wild After Fashola’s ‘Humiliation’ Of Colonel? by YorubaOmoge: 10:02pm On Jul 19, 2012
igbo boy:

Answer: Because their fathers and kinsmen fought to be under one indiviisble country called Nigeria over 40years ago...

Please if you have anymore question, feel free to post in NL and I will supply you with answers
Re: Soldiers Go Wild After Fashola’s ‘Humiliation’ Of Colonel? by clemmonce(m): 10:02pm On Jul 19, 2012
CAN SOMEONE PLS ENLIGHTEN ME ABOUT THE MILITARY RANKING. IS COLONEL HIGHER THAN MAJOR AND WAT ABOUT GENERAL ALSO WAT IS THE HIGHEST LEVEL U CAN GET IN THE MILITARY
Re: Soldiers Go Wild After Fashola’s ‘Humiliation’ Of Colonel? by klax(m): 10:02pm On Jul 19, 2012
In a real sense I dont support the action of boy in the camouflage but the truth is this task orce of a things should take things easy a military colonel is a high ranking officer and no matter what ensue I guess the task force and the colonel should have a common ground to settle the score amicably but these tout called LASMA or TASKFORCE of a thing to my own experience they are just full time tout to be honest.

They have always try to be a semigod in their duty I have experience this severally claiming no one can do them anything because they are fashola guys pls and so what
Re: Soldiers Go Wild After Fashola’s ‘Humiliation’ Of Colonel? by antitpiah: 10:06pm On Jul 19, 2012
Sky Blue:

I am still trying to understand the logic. But make no mistake, it just goes to show how complicit Nigerians are in their own suffering. They like being trampled on. How many atrocities can we name have befallen this nation under the hands of the army? And someone is calling it an "altruistic profession" by default. Funny trite[b]. People are flogged, beaten, etc, by these "altruistic" officers out to defend their country simply because they have a gun.[/b]

You think those soldiers enjoy flogging you people? You think it is fun flogging people? They do it not because it is fun, they do it because some of you guys, including you, need to be flogged real hard.

1 Like

Re: Soldiers Go Wild After Fashola’s ‘Humiliation’ Of Colonel? by Nobody: 10:07pm On Jul 19, 2012
antitpiah:

No one is perfect. if it was that easy, why you no join the military? Bunch of ingrates!
If it was easy?....Christos!!! What the heck are you on about mahn? Who gives a fcck what's easy and what's not when you are paid to do a job? If you can't cope with the demands of that profession then be honourable enough to resign for fcck's sake. What in life is easy? Nigeria is finished with illiterate, deficio-educated clowns as yourself. Easy..*scoffs*

1 Like

Re: Soldiers Go Wild After Fashola’s ‘Humiliation’ Of Colonel? by Hearme(m): 10:08pm On Jul 19, 2012
person way make law, collect bribe, the one way for execute say on be by force to declare assets, who in interprete con remove salami becos he no give pdp wetin he want. why oga soldier go con obey wetin no dey. abeg no play idris before they go arrest you oh.
Re: Soldiers Go Wild After Fashola’s ‘Humiliation’ Of Colonel? by SkyBlue1: 10:10pm On Jul 19, 2012
klax: In a real sense I dont support the action of boy in the camouflage but the truth is this task orce of a things should take things easy a military colonel is a high ranking officer and no matter what ensue I guess the task force and the colonel should have a common ground to settle the score amicably but these tout called LASMA or TASKFORCE of a thing to my own experience they are just full time tout to be honest.

They have always try to be a semigod in their duty I have experience this severally claiming no one can do them anything because they are fashola guys pls and so what

He is a freaking CITIZEN of the country. If you want to allow colonels the right to flank rules and regulation, lobby to get it into legislation so it becomes law. We do not just allow people to pick and choose what laws they want to obey because they are in uniform. GOSH. I can only attribute this craziness to trauma from years of military misrule. Guess what? We are not in military rule anymore.

And let us never get this ever EVER mistaken. The military acts with impunity because they have the gun on their side. THAT IS ALL. Enough of this valiant crap. It is simply people with guns bullying people without guns. At the end of the statement you talk about LATSMA officials trying to be 'semigods'. What do we say about such behavior from our military?
Re: Soldiers Go Wild After Fashola’s ‘Humiliation’ Of Colonel? by Nobody: 10:10pm On Jul 19, 2012
klax: In a real sense I dont support the action of boy in the camouflage but the truth is this task orce of a things should take things easy a military colonel is a high ranking officer and no matter what ensue I guess the task force and the colonel should have a common ground to settle the score amicably but these tout called LASMA or TASKFORCE of a thing to my own experience they are just full time tout to be honest.

Please start making sense. If a cabinet minister or senator is to be arrested for a crime do you send the IG of police to arrest them or the Attorney General? Do you not send whichever policeman is on duty or on that case at the time. If you don't know how to think please just save your data bundle and read what educated people have to say.
Re: Soldiers Go Wild After Fashola’s ‘Humiliation’ Of Colonel? by SkyBlue1: 10:12pm On Jul 19, 2012
antitpiah:

You think those soldiers enjoy flogging you people? You think it is fun flogging people? They do it not because it is fun, they do it because some of you guys, including you, need to be flogged real hard.

They do it because they have the gun. They are nothing but bullies. Stop trying to paint a picture of valiant gallantry that does not exist. When it comes to civillian interaction, the Nigerian military tends to be nothing more than common bullies. Yes, they are so gallant that they cut qeueus, extort money, and break traffic laws to get ahead. Very valiant. Sing it to the ignorant please.
Re: Soldiers Go Wild After Fashola’s ‘Humiliation’ Of Colonel? by ignis: 10:14pm On Jul 19, 2012
nipeks001: This soldiers should dealt with accordingly,i don't know they always feel as if nobody can mdss with them,it's time they know that NOBODY IS ABOVE THE LAW.
You think so? Who will deal with the soldiers?? Soldiers are above the law.
Re: Soldiers Go Wild After Fashola’s ‘Humiliation’ Of Colonel? by naijaspeak(m): 10:14pm On Jul 19, 2012
ndu_chucks: Fashola should thread very carefully. Smart leaders keep the Army on their side at all times, at all costs.

Rubbish talk! Do you understand what dicipline is all about. That Colonel was lawless and he deserve to be corrected by the chief law officer of the state which of course is the governor.

1 Like

Re: Soldiers Go Wild After Fashola’s ‘Humiliation’ Of Colonel? by naijacloud: 10:19pm On Jul 19, 2012
antitpiah:

You think those soldiers enjoy flogging you people? You think it is fun flogging people? They do it not because it is fun, they do it because some of you guys, including you, need to be flogged real hard.good answer bro

1 Like

Re: Soldiers Go Wild After Fashola’s ‘Humiliation’ Of Colonel? by Nobody: 10:27pm On Jul 19, 2012
Okukk: I used to think that the military men are the most disciplined! If anyone calls this a solidarity, then we have lost our sense of decorum!

A recruit in the her majesty goverment(HMG) service is more disciplined than a general in the Nigerian army.
Re: Soldiers Go Wild After Fashola’s ‘Humiliation’ Of Colonel? by Nobody: 10:28pm On Jul 19, 2012
naijaspeak:

Rubbish talk! Do you understand what dicipline is all about. That Colonel was lawless and he deserve to be corrected by the chief law officer of the state which of course is the governor.

Do you actually think that Arrow would reason with you?
Re: Soldiers Go Wild After Fashola’s ‘Humiliation’ Of Colonel? by sandy409(m): 10:29pm On Jul 19, 2012
tonyx4x44: I hate nigerian soldiers with passion! The believe they are above all laws and norms
. In d matter of fact, they are. You can play with other forces but seriously 'DO NOT' play with d Army ,Navy & Airforce.
Re: Soldiers Go Wild After Fashola’s ‘Humiliation’ Of Colonel? by jonc20: 10:30pm On Jul 19, 2012
cogitoErgo: In a normal society, soldiers do not stay inside town!

They are animals and live in the forest grin grin

1 Like

Re: Soldiers Go Wild After Fashola’s ‘Humiliation’ Of Colonel? by Super1759: 10:32pm On Jul 19, 2012
antitpiah:

and who told you that.those soldiers enjoy humiliating civilians and its an honour to them.maybe you've been mal-handled by a soldier because you have done nothing wrong. They are animals
Re: Soldiers Go Wild After Fashola’s ‘Humiliation’ Of Colonel? by Elucivestone: 10:33pm On Jul 19, 2012
sad Y e b say na our own country wae abnormal tinz dae normal? Wetin concern army and road? Soon, navy go dae strugle wit air force. Naija... I hail o. sad sad sad sad
Re: Soldiers Go Wild After Fashola’s ‘Humiliation’ Of Colonel? by sandy409(m): 10:35pm On Jul 19, 2012
tonyx4x44: I hate nigerian soldiers with passion! The believe they are above all laws and norms
. In d matter of fact, they are. You can play with other forces but seriously 'DO NOT' play with d Army ,Navy & Airforce. For every action,there must b a reason
Re: Soldiers Go Wild After Fashola’s ‘Humiliation’ Of Colonel? by Nobody: 10:39pm On Jul 19, 2012
Leadn:

You must have visited your peeps who live in slums grin 'cos the gidi I stay (Allen -Ikeja) is far from what you explained and outright better than the so called Paris or Cape Town where illicit drug kingpins operate... SMH

wtf, u are comparing Paris to a city in Nigeria. smh

Ayoobscom: The soldiers are getting it wrong they should ban them from town..why was d colonel begging if he was not wrong?

He did not just beg, he gave a f*cking salute as well.
Re: Soldiers Go Wild After Fashola’s ‘Humiliation’ Of Colonel? by jude33084(m): 10:39pm On Jul 19, 2012

♈☺uЯ comment shows that Ɣ☺Ʊ have nt been following τ̲̣̣̥н̣̣̣̝̇̇̇ε̲̣̣̣̥ story from the begining cheesy cool

It wasn't τ̲̣̣̥н̣̣̣̝̇̇̇ε̲̣̣̣̥ taskforce that Arrested τ̲̣̣̥н̣̣̣̝̇̇̇ε̲̣̣̣̥ col it was Fashola himself that saw him on τ̲̣̣̥н̣̣̣̝̇̇̇ε̲̣̣̣̥ BRT lane and accosted him at CMS.
Re: Soldiers Go Wild After Fashola’s ‘Humiliation’ Of Colonel? by tpia5: 10:40pm On Jul 19, 2012
@ the one folks raised by gorillas who dont know the meaning of civilization

its an honour to be corrected by someone of Fashola's calibre, ok?

get that into your thick heads. grin

lol.

if you refuse to take correction from "correct" elders, then you'll end up taking instructions from boko haram that will take you straight to what you think is paradise.

where's that drunk fellow who was posting pictures of his betters on the thread?
Re: Soldiers Go Wild After Fashola’s ‘Humiliation’ Of Colonel? by Super1759: 10:40pm On Jul 19, 2012
People that undergo such trainings cannot c others as human being.their lives are bent to acting like this.they are animals and should be seen in bushes,mountains securing cities and on checkpoints,not in town, no wonder bokoharam keep smuggling in ammunitions,no one to check them

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Buhari Has No Problem Shaking Hands With Females (photos) / Adekunle Akinlade Emerges APC Ogun Governorship Candidate / Leaked Tapes: Tinubu Calls Igbos 'Awon Okoros'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.