Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,622 members, 7,820,207 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:21 AM

Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars - Car Talk (48) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars (893689 Views)

What Is With Honda Cars And Their Tyres That Always Cave In. / Maintenance Tips On Cars. / Honda Cars Front Wheel Issue (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) ... (434) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by guyla: 6:01pm On Aug 12, 2015
How do i contact luvinhubby
pls help my honda civic engine vibrates and drops,
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by ukata16(m): 7:09pm On Aug 12, 2015
guyla:

How do i contact luvinhubby
pls help my honda civic engine vibrates and drops,
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by chamber2(m): 10:15pm On Aug 12, 2015
the last one month has been hell for me. after doing all that was recommended by my mechanic, my honda 2009 keep having problem and its causing me great pain and embarrasment.

The TIMING BELT or what keeps cutting at the middle of the read! within one month i v changed it four times. yes, four good times. it will suddsnly cut at the middle of nowhere...keeping me and family stranded begging for help.

i need help urgently as this is causing me pains.

my friends and gurus in the house, what could be causing this belt to cut regularly? pls i need ur help urgently before i run crazy.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by abuhubaidah: 10:20pm On Aug 12, 2015
chamber2:
the last one month has been hell for me. after doing all that was recommended by my mechanic, my honda 2009 keep having problem and its causing me great pain and embarrasment.

The TIMING BELT or what keeps cutting at the middle of the read! within one month i v changed it four times. yes, four good times. it will suddsnly cut at the middle of nowhere...keeping me and family stranded begging for help.

i need help urgently as this is causing me pains.

my friends and gurus in the house, what could be causing this belt to cut regularly? pls i need ur help urgently before i run crazy.
see mr gazzuz's signature and his number . he will definitely help you
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by appleshop: 6:28am On Aug 13, 2015
Type milemaster in the search box. read through all the comments posted by no less than 20 people who use it and decide for yourself.

makarios911:
Hello guys.
My 07 Accord is due for oil change. Problem is I just discovered that I've bin using the wrong oil spec. I believe the required is 5w20(which I've bin unable to lay my hands on) . Buh I've bin using Mobil 1 whch is 5w40. I got milemaster 5w20 but I'm v sceptical abt using it cos nobody I kno uses it and in not sure wot the outcome mite be.
Shud I continue using the available 5w40? Are there any untoward long and short term effects? Is milemaster a reliable brand.?
I don't wanna mess things up.

Cc. GAZZUZZ
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by makarios911: 1:30pm On Aug 13, 2015
appleshop:
Type milemaster in the search box. read through all the comments posted by no less than 20 people who use it and decide for yourself.

Done. Guess I'll stick to Mobil 1.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by blendz4real(m): 9:44pm On Aug 17, 2015
luvinhubby:

The compartment that accepts & retains discs is bad, costs around 5k to replace.

Luvinhubby can I get the compartment from you? I am experiencing the same problem with my stereo.
Thanks in anticipation.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by shamecurls(m): 6:44pm On Aug 19, 2015
Please how good is the Total HBF-4 brake fluid? Is it advisable to use on an Honda suv
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by whyteboyz03(m): 11:36am On Aug 20, 2015
Hello guys. Nice thread here. Please anyone with an idea as to what is wrong with my nav system ? It just shows please check ur disc and nothing more. It doesn't go past that. Please guys.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by abbeYhart(m): 11:59am On Aug 20, 2015
whyteboyz03:
Hello guys. Nice thread here. Please anyone with an idea as to what is wrong with my nav system ? It just shows please check ur disc and nothing more. It doesn't go past that. Please guys.

I hope your disc lens is not dirty...have you removed the disc from the trunk 2 see if its clean and not rough.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by whyteboyz03(m): 1:29pm On Aug 20, 2015
Abbeyhart.... I have done that sir, d CD looks rough, but I have cleaned the lens and even tried the normal CD cleaning with soft clothe but its still that way.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by abbeYhart(m): 2:20pm On Aug 20, 2015
whyteboyz03:
Abbeyhart.... I have done that sir, d CD looks rough, but I have cleaned the lens and even tried the normal CD cleaning with soft clothe but its still that way.

I have a rough one too and its just doing same like yours. I am very certain if you find a car owner using the same navigation disc. It will load. Its just that you face the same problem again anytime you disconnect the battery.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by whyteboyz03(m): 4:33pm On Aug 20, 2015
Abbeyhart. Thank u but does it mean after it loads with another persons own, I can still remove it and put mine ?
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by abbeYhart(m): 6:34pm On Aug 20, 2015
whyteboyz03:
Abbeyhart. Thank u but does it mean after it loads with another persons own, I can still remove it and put mine ?

yes u can..
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by whyteboyz03(m): 6:42pm On Aug 20, 2015
Abbeyhart, u have any idea where I can get another CD ? Or can I try with any DVD ?
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Flyingman(m): 6:51pm On Aug 20, 2015
Hello guys, my fan belt recently pulled off and I got replaced but car has been sluggish in acceleration and vibrating ever since the change. I just noticed a Toyota tagged fan belt on my accord 2007. Is this right? Want to be sure before I descend on my mecho.
Cc Gazzuzz
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by abbeYhart(m): 8:03pm On Aug 20, 2015
whyteboyz03:
Abbeyhart, u have any idea where I can get another CD ? Or can I try with any DVD ?

U can get it in ladipo if u are in lagos bt its pricey..as of last 2months. I was told its 15k...u can just find someone that has a car navigation system of d same year model as yours and load with his or her disc at least for now. I knw it necessary cos u regulate yur ac and some other stuffs on dat touch screen.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by whyteboyz03(m): 8:39pm On Aug 20, 2015
@abbeyhart.... Thanks a lot . I'm in port Harcourt. Maybe I'd just ask the house if anyone resides in pH with a 2003 Honda Accord with Nav system
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by whyteboyz03(m): 8:40pm On Aug 20, 2015
Good evening peeps.... Please is there anyone who resides in port Harcourt that uses a 2003 Honda Accord with Navigation system ?
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by abbeYhart(m): 8:45pm On Aug 20, 2015
whyteboyz03:
Good evening peeps.... Please is there anyone who resides in port Harcourt that uses a 2003 Honda Accord with Navigation system ?

yea nice one or better still open a fresh thread..you will get wider audience.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by whyteboyz03(m): 9:13pm On Aug 20, 2015
OK bro. @abbeyhart . you too much
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Beehandz(m): 2:10pm On Aug 21, 2015
Hello house,

Pls I need to fix my the gasket of my Honda accord 2007. Was told I'm to buy the paper gasket (1,5k to 2k) and to workmanship is around 10k. Pls any info on this?
Also I temporary switched the fan to automatic meaning the fan start working immediately I turn on the ignition. Pls what's any -ve effect on the engine
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Zizzle104(m): 2:19pm On Aug 21, 2015
Please I urgently need your help on what could be the problem with my 2003 Honda Accord EOD. when i put my key, the dashboard light comes on fine, the engine wont rollover, it wont make any sound, some peole say its the batery but i just bot a new battery , pls help me out, i don't want to call any rewire as am not really familiar with all this stuff so they wont leverage on that and dupe me.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by luvinhubby(m): 4:34pm On Aug 21, 2015
Zizzle104:
Please I urgently need your help on what could be the problem with my 2003 Honda Accord EOD. when i put my key, the dashboard light comes on fine, the engine wont rollover, it wont make any sound, some peole say its the batery but i just bot a new battery , pls help me out, i don't want to call any rewire as am not really familiar with all this stuff so they wont leverage on that and dupe me.
Failed kick starter (very strong possibility) or key programming issue.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by luvinhubby(m): 4:38pm On Aug 21, 2015
Beehandz:
Hello house,

Pls I need to fix my the gasket of my Honda accord 2007. Was told I'm to buy the paper gasket (1,5k to 2k) and to workmanship is around 10k. Pls any info on this?
Also I temporary switched the fan to automatic meaning the fan start working immediately I turn on the ignition. Pls what's any -ve effect on the engine
Negotiate the workmanship downwards & make sure the paper gasket is doubled.
And not a good idea for your fan to blow continuosly as your engine is meant to perform better at a slighly high temperature range that a thermostat regulated fan is supposed to maintain.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by lanre2009: 5:55pm On Aug 21, 2015
@luvinhubby: I just got a tokunbo 2006 honda accord V4 and discovered the fan is running directly. I intend to replace the thermostat. How much will it cost me to do so. Thanks.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by luvinhubby(m): 5:57pm On Aug 21, 2015
lanre2009:
@luvinhubby: I just got a tokunbo 2006 honda accord V4 and discovered the fan is running directly. I intend to replace the thermostat. How much will it cost me to do so. Thanks.
7k for toks.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by GAZZUZZ(m): 6:54am On Aug 22, 2015
luvinhubby:

Negotiate the workmanship downwards & make sure the paper gasket is doubled .
And not a good idea for your fan to blow continuosly as your engine is meant to perform better at a slighly high temperature range that a thermostat regulated fan is supposed to maintain.

undecided

Not a good idea putting 2 head gaskets made out of graphite.

Lanre2009 install just 1 head gasket.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by luvinhubby(m): 9:42am On Aug 22, 2015
GAZZUZZ:

undecided

Not a good idea putting 2 head gaskets made out of graphite.

Lanre2009 install just 1 head gasket.
One paper head gasket might be a bad idea considering the `thickness` of the paper gaskets sold in our market (trust my people cheesy), may burn out in a few week.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Beehandz(m): 4:43pm On Aug 22, 2015
luvinhubby:

One paper head gasket might be a bad idea considering the `thickness` of the paper gaskets sold in our market (trust my people cheesy), may burn out in a few week.

Which is the best Bro. 1 paper gasket or double.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by whyteboyz03(m): 5:23pm On Aug 22, 2015
Please guys, any idea for how much they sell original engine sitting for Honda accord EOD 2003 and gear changer ( selector ) . thanks guys
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Flyingman(m): 9:39am On Aug 23, 2015
Flyingman:
Hello guys, my fan belt recently pulled off and I got replaced but car has been sluggish in acceleration and vibrating ever since the change. I just noticed a Toyota tagged fan belt on my accord 2007. Is this right? Want to be sure before I descend on my mecho.
Cc Gazzuzz

Okay guys, I seriously need help. Want to change my mechanic cause of this. I notice the water level on my radiator has dropped same with the reservoir tank and I have to top it every morning. Car idles well with no vibration and steering vibrates slightly when accelerating. All this after the serpentine belt change. He claims the fan belt is ok. Kindly advice

(1) (2) (3) ... (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) ... (434) (Reply)

Maintenance Tips On Cars. / Mercedes Benz Thread / Nasty effects of road accidents (caution very graphic and potentially offensive images)!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.