Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,529 members, 7,826,983 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 02:24 AM

Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars - Car Talk (50) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars (895645 Views)

What Is With Honda Cars And Their Tyres That Always Cave In. / Maintenance Tips On Cars. / Honda Cars Front Wheel Issue (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) ... (434) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by rofemiguwa(f): 12:14pm On Aug 30, 2015
Tanks a lot.
Luvinghubby please your attention is needed here.
Thank you sir

GAZZUZZ:

DW1 contact luvinghubby.

Read more about how transmissions work and how to trouble shoot problems. If you cannot do that patronize a competent workshop
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Belvinho(m): 5:16pm On Aug 30, 2015
Hello Gurus in the house, I observed something wierd in my car today. It's a 2001 Accord V6. The power I got when moving from start was variable. Also I feel jerks when the car was trying to change gear. I later drove d car like a manual changing gears from D1 to D4 and noticed that the jerking stopped when I did this. Could this be the start of the ever present Auto transmission issues found in this model?
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Lagsfinest: 6:33pm On Aug 30, 2015
My car has the same problem, wheneva I try to put the car to a stop, I get a jeck. Please which is the drive switch and what is the cost of changing it.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by casid: 6:58am On Aug 31, 2015
Will look into this also... grin
GAZZUZZ:

Look into what exactly? cheesy

Your gearbox has 1preasure switch, 1transmission temp switch, about 4 solenoids and 1 range switch.

[img]http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRAx-Yh8MQRYouC2_eIYwcn4iW-2MqDkmcAZzYObgVoBzd0BseQ3A[/img]

Start by scanning engine and transmission.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by GAZZUZZ(m): 10:49am On Aug 31, 2015
Belvinho:
Hello Gurus in the house, I observed something wierd in my car today. It's a 2001 Accord V6. The power I got when moving from start was variable. Also I feel jerks when the car was trying to change gear. I later drove d car like a manual changing gears from D1 to D4 and noticed that the jerking stopped when I did this. Could this be the start of the ever present Auto transmission issues found in this model?

Very possible. Start by scanning transsmission. If no codes drain and re-fill oil with dw1.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by luvinhubby(m): 5:43pm On Aug 31, 2015
Belvinho:
Also, check your injection system, nozzles & plugs.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by luvinhubby(m): 5:46pm On Aug 31, 2015
Lagsfinest:
My car has the same problem, wheneva I try to put the car to a stop, I get a jeck. Please which is the drive switch and what is the cost of changing it.
Check the speed sensors on your gear box.
Something like this.
And replace the transmission fluid.

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Nobody: 8:27pm On Aug 31, 2015
Good day people. I hear a clicking sound from the driver side wheel everytime I accelerate after releasing the clutch on my honda bullet. I have taken it to a mechanic who claims my ball joints(cv) are still okay.

The noise has become so persistent and am greatly distressed.

My car is a 5 speed manual honda bullet.

Each time I accelerate or if my car has to jerk I can hear a click sound from the driver side front wheel.

Please help me o.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by soonest(f): 9:24pm On Aug 31, 2015
inze:

How about a situation whereby the remote key only unlocks the driver door while other doors refuse to unlock at the second press? Meanwhile, the unlock button on the driver panel locks/unlocks all doors. Also, when the driver door control is used to unlock all doors, the remote key can be used to lock them all at once but would only unlock the driver door even after the second press

-2006 Honda Accord EX V6
Welcome to my world. Have you solved this issue? If yes, how?

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by inze(m): 9:54am On Sep 01, 2015
soonest:

Not yet,

The car is in another state and I barely spend much time with it whenever I go over else would have taken it to get fixed.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by mayorall(m): 10:06am On Sep 01, 2015
Guitarlife:
Good day people. I hear a clicking sound from the driver side wheel everytime I accelerate after releasing the clutch on my honda bullet. I have taken it to a mechanic who claims my ball joints(cv) are still okay.

The noise has become so persistent and am greatly distressed.

My car is a 5 speed manual honda bullet.

Each time I accelerate or if my car has to jerk I can hear a click sound from the driver side front wheel.

Please help me o.

There is sands in your inner shaft or the Boris is bad. Check the inner shaft, refill with grease if the Boris are still OK.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by GAZZUZZ(m): 10:12am On Sep 01, 2015
mayorall:

There is sands in your inner shaft or the Boris is bad. Check the inner shaft, refill with grease if the Boris are still OK.

What is boris

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by inze(m): 10:18am On Sep 01, 2015
GAZZUZZ:

What is boris

. . . that thing that makes KPOM sound I guess grin

2 Likes

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by mayorall(m): 10:50am On Sep 01, 2015
GAZZUZZ:

What is boris

Might be Nigerian English anyway
www.mirageforums.net/viewtopic.php?f=62&t=53717

The 3 balls that surround the rod. He can change it completely though
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Nobody: 12:15pm On Sep 01, 2015
mayorall:

Thanks bro. Lolling at boris tho. Am pretty sure my kazeem too would get the drift.

But when i say front driver wheel am referring to the place where the tyre is o. Thats where the sound is comming from.

Oga gazzuzz pls say sontin na.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by mayorall(m): 12:53pm On Sep 01, 2015
Guitarlife:
Thanks bro. Lolling at boris tho. Am pretty sure my kazeem too would get the drift.

But when i say front driver wheel am referring to the place where the tyre is o. Thats where the sound is comming from.

That's from shaft and that's the content of inner shaft. Bought 6pieces for both sides last month.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by GAZZUZZ(m): 12:54pm On Sep 01, 2015
Guitarlife:

Your description of the problem is very vague.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by mayorall(m): 12:58pm On Sep 01, 2015
GAZZUZZ:

Just getting into the game.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Nobody: 4:55pm On Sep 01, 2015
GAZZUZZ:

Lemme try again. Each time I try to change gears say frm gear 1 to 2 mostly I hear a cluck sound coming from the driver side wheel .

Also when i bump into a ditch or gallop I hear the same thing.

I appears everytime there is a jerk my driver side wheel makes the sound but its mostly when changing frm gear 1 to 2.

Kazeem sais my cv are still good.

Is it clear enuff ?
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:19pm On Sep 01, 2015
Guitarlife:

Lemme try again. Each time I try to change gears say frm gear 1 to 2 mostly I hear a cluck sound coming from the driver side wheel .

Also when i bump into a ditch or gallop I hear the same thing.

I appears everytime there is a jerk my driver side wheel makes the sound but its mostly when changing frm gear 1 to 2.

Kazeem sais my cv are still good.

Is it clear enuff ?

Your CV joint has two sides the inner and the outer.

Lower control arm bushings may be bad

Front or rear Engine mount may be bad

Inner Cv joints may be bad

Ball joints may be bad.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by lanre2009: 5:29am On Sep 02, 2015
soonest:

I use a 2006 Honda Accord too, though i don't have this problem with my key, but i think you should change the battery inside the remote key, its the same battery that is used by an 'ORGANISER'. The remote key has a little screw, open the screw and separate the two parts of the key and replace the battery. Hope it solves the problem. cheers
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by soonest(f): 6:42am On Sep 02, 2015
lanre2009:

I use a 2006 Honda Accord too, though i don't have this problem with my key, but i think you should change the battery inside the remote key, its the same battery that is used by an 'ORGANISER'. The remote key has a little screw, open the screw and separate the two parts of the key and replace the battery. Hope it solves the problem. cheers
The remote still opens the drivers door and my boot but will definitely try it. Thanks Lanre
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by inze(m): 7:05am On Sep 02, 2015
lanre2009:

I have 2remote keys, tried the other also but got same result.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by iamDozzy(m): 12:26pm On Sep 02, 2015
Hear a "guum" noise when I turn the steering of my EOD what ccould be the cause
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by md4real(m): 5:28pm On Sep 02, 2015
Hello guys

I must commend your efforts on this thread. its been very informative. please I drive A discussion continue 2007. I observe that whenever
I park the night car for over four hours, the sound and acceleration becomes higher and takes like 2 minutes until it subsidizes. please I need your expert/experience opinion on what is wrong and ways to help find a solution

secondly, my AC seems to confused, the driver's part always get hotter or should I say gets finished before the one that comes out of the passenger seat. I had it checked but yet, I was told that it does not leak. although when ever I top up the gas, it normalises. is this normal?

Thanks
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by luvinhubby(m): 7:14pm On Sep 02, 2015
iamDozzy:
Hear a "guum" noise when I turn the steering of my EOD what ccould be the cause

Which one is "guum" noise ? cheesy
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by inze(m): 7:17pm On Sep 02, 2015
luvinhubby:

Which one is "guum" noise ? cheesy

. . . a brother to 'KPOM' sound.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by usorohita: 9:55am On Sep 03, 2015
please I have an Honda Accord 2003 model with V6, 3.0L; SOHC; 24V; MPFI engine with automatic transmission and it does not enter reverse gear. please what is the way forward and what should i do to tackle this problem. thanks
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by tracy42: 10:25am On Sep 03, 2015
We can handle your car insurance without much protocol or delay in our insurance company.

its important you insure your car, properties and life for safety.

you can send us a mail for enquirer on seunmide03@gmail.com
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Marpol: 10:26am On Sep 03, 2015
usorohita:
please I have an Honda Accord 2003 model with V6, 3.0L; SOHC; 24V; MPFI engine with automatic transmission and it does not enter reverse gear. please what is the way forward and what should i do to tackle this problem. thanks

Take it for a comprehensive scan.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Nobody: 12:43pm On Sep 03, 2015
Hello all, I need expert advice.

I just noticed this very recently. Sometimes when I step on the accelerator I feel resistance from the pedal, the car keeps moving but at it's own pace.
It's like the pedal is stuck and I can't get it down even with a little applied force. It happens for 10mins or less and then it frees up. I haven't noted any cause, it happens very randomly.

Please any ideas in case it's a warning sign of some more serious problem or should I ignore it?

(1) (2) (3) ... (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) ... (434) (Reply)

Maintenance Tips On Cars. / Mercedes Benz Thread / Nasty effects of road accidents (caution very graphic and potentially offensive images)!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.