Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,128 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:51 PM

Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars - Car Talk (49) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars (894707 Views)

What Is With Honda Cars And Their Tyres That Always Cave In. / Maintenance Tips On Cars. / Honda Cars Front Wheel Issue (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) ... (434) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by ifeanyi83(m): 10:54am On Aug 23, 2015
Hey guys kindly advice if it is safe to wash my car engine. It's a 2008 Honda Civic. Thanks.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by blendz4real(m): 11:22am On Aug 23, 2015
blendz4real:

Luvinhubby can I get the compartment from you? I am experiencing the same problem with my stereo.
Thanks in anticipation.

I mean the stereo compartment that accepts and retains disc.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by luvinhubby(m): 1:05pm On Aug 23, 2015
blendz4real:

I mean the stereo compartment that accepts and retains disc.
Something like this?

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by luvinhubby(m): 1:06pm On Aug 23, 2015
ifeanyi83:
Hey guys kindly advice if it is safe to wash my car engine. It's a 2008 Honda Civic. Thanks.
Only in a professional car wash.

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by baaliyah(m): 4:18pm On Aug 23, 2015
My friend's brake oil keep going down, he has to top it every week. We have checked the four wheels there is no trace of leakage. Please what may cause brake oil disappearance.
Accord 95
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by GAZZUZZ(m): 4:52pm On Aug 23, 2015
baaliyah:
My friend's brake oil keep going down, he has to top it every week. We have checked the four wheels there is no trace of leakage. Please what may cause brake oil disappearance.
Accord 95

https://www.nairaland.com/1788778/maintenance-tips-cars/18
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by baaliyah(m): 6:49pm On Aug 23, 2015
Thanks Gaza.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:18pm On Aug 23, 2015
baaliyah:
Thanks Gaza.

Any time ISREAL grin
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Bright2(m): 10:44pm On Aug 23, 2015
Greetings,pls i need help. My 2007 Honda pilot check engine light do blink when ever am on speed but stop blinking when i slow down the speed.

pls i need to know what could be the cause & solution.

has any pilot user here experienced it also?

pls do throw more light if you can.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by diggy4real: 12:02am On Aug 24, 2015
Please I am about buying a 2004/2005 Honda EOD.....please as a first timer....what n what do I need to check on my own ...to ascertain if the car is in a good condition....the mechanic will also check.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by GAZZUZZ(m): 10:24am On Aug 24, 2015
Bright2:
Greetings,pls i need help. My 2007 Honda pilot check engine light do blink when ever am on speed but stop blinking when i slow down the speed.

pls i need to know what could be the cause & solution.

has any pilot user here experienced it also?

pls do throw more light if you can.

You have a misfire on 1 or more cylinders.

Go for a scan.

If you want to work blind, replace all spark plugs for a start.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by GAZZUZZ(m): 10:25am On Aug 24, 2015
diggy4real:
Please I am about buying a 2004/2005 Honda EOD.....please as a first timer....what n what do I need to check on my own ...to ascertain if the car is in a good condition....the mechanic will also check.

As a first timer, i will advice you PAY some one to inspect the car for you, before you buy it.

3 Likes

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Bright2(m): 12:16pm On Aug 24, 2015
GAZZUZZ:

You have a misfire on 1 or more cylinders.

Go for a scan.

If you want to work blind, replace all spark plugs for a start.

Thank you Gazzuzz I strongly believed it's plug though I'll go for scanning any moment & based on the comment I got from other pilot users,they also emphasized on that plug .

Thank you for your response.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by ifeanyi83(m): 1:49am On Aug 25, 2015
luvinhubby:
Only in a professional car wash.
Can you kindly recommend any...I reside in Lagos.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by ukata16(m): 8:29am On Aug 25, 2015
Please guys which coolant can I use for my car. It's a Honda Accord 98 i4. Need to top it up cos the reservoir has reduced to MIN.
Thanks in advance
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:43am On Aug 25, 2015
ukata16:
Please guys which coolant can I use for my car. It's a Honda Accord 98 i4. Need to top it up cos the reservoir has reduced to MIN.
Thanks in advance

Check level when engine is hot
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by GAZZUZZ(m): 9:00am On Aug 25, 2015
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by ukata16(m): 10:14am On Aug 25, 2015
Thanks Bro
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Nobody: 12:26pm On Aug 25, 2015
numen:
My Maintenance Tips:

1.) Change Engine Oil every 3000km (I use Mobil)
2.) Use Oando's Dexron II for the Gear Box (Abro will knock your gear) - (already mentioned)
3.) While driving be mindful not to always turn the steering to the last possible angle(helps the shaft)
4.) If you have an open roof, periodically clean the drainage hole to avoid water leaking into the car
5.) Vibrating Sound infront of the car? Check your engine sitting(already mentioned)
6.) Your single pipe radiator which used to work might not be the cause of your current over-heating...Check your water pump!
7.) Your car is not accelerating according to pedal pressure? Timing Belt might be the culprit.

Just my 2cents guys. Hope this helps someone. I luv this thread like I luv my Honda.
pls whats the difference between D3 and D4 can i drive with both when i like?
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by inze(m): 1:04pm On Aug 25, 2015
firstEVA:
pls whats the difference between D3 and D4 can i drive with both when i like?

Simply put:

The number preceding 'D' represent the highest number of gear you can drive with. Inotherwords, D3 means your Vehicle automatic transmission will select from gear 1-3 when needed but will not exceed the third gear.

Same applies for the rest. . .
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Nobody: 1:36pm On Aug 25, 2015
inze:

Simply put:

The number preceding 'D' represent the highest number of gear you can drive with. Inotherwords, D3 means your Vehicle automatic transmission will select from gear 1-3 when needed but will not exceed the third gear.

Same applies for the rest. . .
ok, thanks.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by ukata16(m): 8:05pm On Aug 25, 2015
GAZZUZZ:

Check level when engine is hot
@Gazzuzz thanks for the insight. Checked it now and the level is MAX. And the DIY site also helped ALOT wink
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by GAZZUZZ(m): 12:14am On Aug 26, 2015
numen:
My Maintenance Tips:

1.) Change Engine Oil every 3000km (I use Mobil)
2.) Use Oando's Dexron II for the Gear Box (Abro will knock your gear) - (already mentioned)
3.) While driving be mindful not to always turn the steering to the last possible angle(helps the shaft)
4.) If you have an open roof, periodically clean the drainage hole to avoid water leaking into the car
5.) Vibrating Sound infront of the car? Check your engine sitting(already mentioned)
6.) Your single pipe radiator which used to work might not be the cause of your current over-heating...Check your water pump!
7.) Your car is not accelerating according to pedal pressure? Timing Belt might be the culprit.

Just my 2cents guys. Hope this helps someone. I luv this thread like I luv my Honda.

This was posted in 2012

1,2,3,7 not totally true for most models of honda.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by OKEMKPI: 2:10am On Aug 27, 2015
diggy4real:

I have eod 04 in a sound condition.come with ur mechaanic 08059500775
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by OKEMKPI: 2:15am On Aug 27, 2015
diggy4real:
Grade 1-check my recent post
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by diggy4real: 1:17pm On Aug 28, 2015
OKEMKPI:

I have eod 04 in a sound condition.come with ur mechaanic 08059500775

Gotten one already... I believe is OK.......what n what paper do I need apart from insurance, police clearance, change of ownership.
Don't want police harassing me here n dia.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by casid: 1:53pm On Aug 28, 2015
I have an issue with a Honda baby boy as per gear. It moves perfectly on D4 at the start but whenever I slow down, I have to return the gear to 2 or else it will stop. A mechanic said its a switch responsible for the changing of gear while my mechanic said its just censor. I have changed the gear oil and cleaned the censor but the problem persists.. Any solution or I should prepare buying another gear..

Any advice?
Thanks in advance.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by whyteboyz03(m): 6:42pm On Aug 28, 2015
@casid, if the sensor has been serviced , its 3 things I know that affects gear
1. Gear oil which u said you have changed but I hope u used the good or right one .
2. Gear sensor which u either service or change completely and
3. Gear selector , usually u just have to change it .

From EOD experience but I'd suggest u scan first.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by casid: 8:46am On Aug 29, 2015
whyteboyz03:
@casid, if the sensor has been serviced , its 3 things I know that affects gear
1. Gear oil which u said you have changed but I hope u used the good or right one .
2. Gear sensor which u either service or change completely and
3. Gear selector , usually u just have to change it .

From EOD experience but I'd suggest u scan first.

Thanks alot.. Will look into that..
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by GAZZUZZ(m): 6:21am On Aug 30, 2015
casid:

Thanks alot.. Will look into that..

Look into what exactly? cheesy

Your gearbox has 1preasure switch, 1transmission temp switch, about 4 solenoids and 1 range switch.

[img]http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRAx-Yh8MQRYouC2_eIYwcn4iW-2MqDkmcAZzYObgVoBzd0BseQ3A[/img]

Start by scanning engine and transmission.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by rofemiguwa(f): 11:48am On Aug 30, 2015
Please my honda civic 99/2000.has issues with smooth transition. When accelerate it takes some minutes before it ppicks up, then when u brake and accelerate again. There is also a delay. And u can literally feel the car changing gears.

The mechanic said is the gear mount. I don't know if that is true.my neighbour said I should just check the transmission fluid.I just don't want to risk it. Pls professional advise will be appreciated.

And what is the best transmission fluid to use for honda civic 99/00.
Thank u
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by GAZZUZZ(m): 12:08pm On Aug 30, 2015
rofemiguwa:
Please my honda civic 99/2000.has issues with smooth transition. When accelerate it takes some minutes before it ppicks up, then when u brake and accelerate again. There is also a delay. And u can literally feel the car changing gears.

The mechanic said is the gear mount. I don't know if that is true.my neighbour said I should just check the transmission fluid.I just don't want to risk it. Pls professional advise will be appreciated.

And what is the best transmission fluid to use for honda civic 99/00.
Thank u

DW1 contact luvinghubby.

Read more about how transmissions work and how to trouble shoot problems. If you cannot do that patronize a competent workshop

(1) (2) (3) ... (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) ... (434) (Reply)

Maintenance Tips On Cars. / Mercedes Benz Thread / Nasty effects of road accidents (caution very graphic and potentially offensive images)!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.